• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

patch notes

Bug Fixes:
  • Reverted League badges to previous art.
  • Fixed the -autologin command line argument.
  • Improved server performance in Siren’s Landing.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Magic Carpet Glider did not appear on asura.
  • Fixed an issue in which the items in the Dark Harvest collection would not progress the achievement and would cause client crashes.
  • Fixed an issue in which reward tracks for Expansion 2 were showing up improperly for WvW and PvP.
  • Several map adjustments have been made to Eternal Battlegrounds and the Alpine Borderlands to solve gliding bugs.
  • Adjusted the no-gameplay area around the Alpine Borderlands jumping puzzle.
  • Fixed a server crash.
Ranger
  • Fixed an issue in which pets were delayed from performing actions upon swap or world entry.
  • Fixed a bug that was unintentionally stowing ranger pets.
Mesmer
  • Medic’s Feedback: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to fail to create a Feedback bubble.
Thief
  • Bountiful Theft: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from stealing stability.
Guardian
  • Spirit Weapons: Fixed a bug that could cause spirit weapons to go on cooldown after not being used for a sufficient amount of time.

wat at the spirit weapons thing.

Stuart444

I've never done the Dragon Stand meta... never even been back there since I first went and completed the story tbh.

Should do it sometime.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I too used to think that the accountancy waypoint was all I'd ever need.

(This might sound snarkier than I intend, but really, I can't even remember life before the royal terrace)

I'm partial to the first pass, the skyship one, since it also provides quick access to the Pact gate network since you can just glide down.
I too am a spoiled bourgeois member of the Havoc's Heir country club... can't ever go back :X

I think the narrative dictates the dragon stand meta is actually after the instance. You
destroy the mind and then destroy the mindless mouth, only seeking ley energy

Massicot

Venting frustration at this silly anomaly achievement. Grrr.

In other news I hit the 15k ap "daily" cap today. Womp womp.

Capture.PNG

I think the narrative dictates the dragon stand meta is actually after the instance. You
destroy the mind and then destroy the mindless mouth, only seeking ley energy

Actually there's dialogue in the instance that straight up says that the Mouth of Mordremoth battle in the lanes is happening at the exact same time. And that you're lucky that the battle in the lanes distracted the bulk of the Mordrem forces allowing you to slip past lines.

Ashodin

I have no idea where to go.

Is there an easy way to get max level armor? IT seems like some of the gear I have doesn't have as much stats as they should.

If you can get Karma, you can get some of the easiest Exotic armor from Orr vendors. That's what started a lot of people off.

Otherwise, you'll need to craft it yourself.

And gear might not have the right stats if you don't have sigils in them or such.

Actually there's dialogue in the instance that straight up says that the Mouth of Mordremoth battle in the lanes is happening at the exact same time. And that you're lucky that the battle in the lanes distracted the bulk of the Mordrem forces allowing you to slip past lines.
While writing that post it occured to me perhaps this was the case. now you mention that dialogue I recall. good point.
I have no idea where to go.

Is there an easy way to get max level armor? IT seems like some of the gear I have doesn't have as much stats as they should.
You can buy it from the trading post, craft it, buy it from vendors in orr, recieve it as drops (particularly of interest is the armor boxes from HoT metas), do low level fractals, etc.

Just go for exotic (orange) gear, dont worry about ascended (pink) until you have your bearings

jmartoine

If you haven't already run the Dragon Stand meta I would certainly recommend it. However I will admit I got very lucky, we have a full map 5 mins after it opened and really good Commanders, despite that there were still a couple of parts we struggled at but we broke through to the final battle with about an hour left.

The final fight itself was fairly easy and I got the achievement for killing the Mouth in less than 20 mins but I wasn't of much use during the fight, at that point I only had updraft gliding unlocked so I was very slow moving around the area.

That being said I can't see myself running it many more times as it is a big time commitment for it to fail but with the sheer amount of events throughout the exp gains are great.

Morokh

I feel like you should have had to do the Dragon Stand meta before the final HoT story tbh.

It's what I thought as well after I did it the first time, but having to do it at launch would have been one of the most frustrating things as people were still figuring things out with it and it took a few weeks for people to start succedding.

Nowadays half of the map can AFK and it still succeeds.

Doikor

I do the dragons stand meta daily pretty much. Just look for "Assault" (if you hover mouse over it it says "Dragon's Stand") at http://gw2timer.com/ and then check the LFG tool for a group. Usually if there is 3 commanders on the map it gets done (and the map gets full quickly too). If you can't find a map with commanders from LFG just wait until the next reset.

Doing the full meta there gives great exp for masteries too. And after the meta gets done you have the emperor mushroom and other content you cannot do unless the meta has been done.

On an unrelated note I finally got into doing fractals and having a blast (up to 30 now).

Ashodin

oh man I am so close to the Luminate's Backplate. I just need to craft all the weapons and a couple more achievements. It's so pretty!

Morokh

oh man I am so close to the Luminate's Backplate. I just need to craft all the weapons and a couple more achievements. It's so pretty!

That's what I've been working on for the past few days as well.
Catching up on some of those achievements tied to skins that I never did so far cause it didn't fit any of my characters, just finished the order backpacks as well.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I legit can't believe Dragontimers are still a thing. Assumed it would've been integrated into the UI by this point.

Still did Teqatl last night for old times.

th3dude

What's the best site/app to track progress/achievements/etc? Looking for something similar to WowHead where you can see all of your progress.

Massicot

What's the best site/app to track progress/achievements/etc? Looking for something similar to WowHead where you can see all of your progress.

Probably https://gw2efficiency.com. Achievement tracks, it can even tell you what % of outfits you have on your account, how many cats are in your home instance, and when your next character birthday is. All sorts of things. It's very thorough.

Anno

Yeah GW2efficiency is pretty amazing. The market section is especially good if you like investing and playing the TP a lot.

Spyware

Oh man, the idle animations for the raptor are AMAZING.
YES! My fav is the "what the f...?" gesture you character does when the raptor almost shakes you off. And it sits... and looks good!
I sat and just gawked at it for a looong time. All the animations are beyond what I could ever imagine for mounts in MMOs. The start of the run, the little slide when you stop, the turning, the character's position in the saddle (even charr tails are handled well!). It's all freaking amazing.
I'm totally in love.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Oh man, the idle animations for the raptor are AMAZING.
I'm impressed there's a real sense of momentum and fluidity to the mount animation, the raptor anyway.

Most MMOs mount feel really unnatural when using them, the mount in this game feels like an actual mount.

Hellers

Mount is a game changer. Adore the visuals. Mob density is back where it should be.

Don't need to play anymore now. Will wait for launch

h43wAZG.png

I'm impressed there's a real sense of momentum and fluidity to the mount animation, the raptor anyway.

Most MMOs mount feel really unnatural when using them, the mount in this game feels like an actual mount.

Yeah, these mounts feel so cool to use. They nailed that aspect so far.

Morokh

Oh boy the economy is going to take a major kick in the butt, the amount of mats you get from those new scraps and other chests on the map is just crazy O_O

Oh boy the economy is going to take a major kick in the butt, the amount of mats you get from those new scraps and other chests on the map is just crazy O_O

It's beta, could be changed in the final...right now everything we see as far as drops go could be from an early preview version of the game, considering we not getting to explore the entire map..

Sonicbug

Yeah, I opened up something that dropped a ton of leather.

I got my fill of the preview of the new zones, now I just want to know how broken (in a bad way) soulbeast might be.

Jira

The mounts have actual real weight to them. Every movement feels calculated and not just this loose piece of geometry you get to ride around on like other games. They nailed it. Not just that but a lot of the design of everything how it goes back to the core of the game where there's tons going on but not META META META every 5 seconds. You do what you want again, it feels great. Oh lawd and that art HOLY SHIT.

Oh also there's a mastery point that isnt combat or commune but something you ACTUALLY have to take part in. It's fantastic. That and the one adventure I found took advantage of the whole zone, not just a tiny area.

Mounts are a game changer. They look, feel and sound so good. I echo Wooden Potatoes in the raptor is one of the best feeling mounts since Shadow of the Colossus. It's immensely fun.

You can't dismount in the air it seems. I was wondering if we could do so go straight into a glide.

The presentation so far is top tier. The music is excellent. The locales and art style are excellent. The locales are excellent. I don't want to spend too much time with the Demo as I'd rather wait until the original game.

I'm actually a bit disappointed by the drastic difficulty drop in the demo compared to Heart of Thorns. By and large mobs are a joke compared to the Heart of Thorns mobs. Most of the standard mobs only have 8k-10k health as well, which is lower than 80 mobs in Core Tyria and much lower than the 15-25k you usually saw with Heart of Thorns monsters.

I realize that the sudden jump in difficulty from Core to Hot was upsetting for a lot of people, but by and large the playerbase is more skilled and better players because of it. Plus it made the enemy variety more fun. Knowing that mordrem archers left huge trails of damage along the floor, that punishers had this huge overarching smash attack, that pocket raptors are fragile but hit hard and swarm, and that bristlebacks have a deadly machine gun ranged attack that needs to be blocked, reflected, or line of sighted made HoT enemies way more fun.

Everything I fought in the demo was just instantly melted down. I couldn't tell you anything that any of the forged enemy types did because I don't think I saw them do anything aside from run up to melee me and instantly die.

I also found an Elite Holosmith NPC. It was during the event to defend the arm from Forged and I was like "Woah there's a holosmith! I thought the elite specs weren't available in the demo?!" for a second. We associate Holosmith with Asura just because of the visual style, but according to him it directly originated in Elona, by Elonians working with the Zyphirites. Interesting stuff I would have killed to actually get a hands one with the Elite Specs this weekend.

Also the Raptor mount attack has a 10 target upper limit.

Yeah. Like compare with World of Warcraft's mounts which all feel exactly like standard movement with the movement speed increased.

Massicot

e.

I'm actually a bit disappointed by the drastic difficulty drop in the demo compared to Heart of Thorns. By and large mobs are a joke compared to the Heart of Thorns mobs. Most of the standard mobs only have 8k-10k health as well, which is lower than 80 mobs in Core Tyria and much lower than the 15-25k you usually saw with Heart of Thorns monsters.

I realize that the sudden jump in difficulty from Core to Hot was upsetting for a lot of people, but by and large the playerbase is more skilled and better players because of it. Plus it made the enemy variety more fun. Knowing that mordrem archers left huge trails of damage along the floor, that punishers had this huge overarching smash attack, that pocket raptors are fragile but hit hard and swarm, and that bristlebacks have a deadly machine gun ranged attack that needs to be blocked, reflected, or line of sighted made HoT enemies way more fun..

I'm sure there will be hard content, as them adding more frequent challenge modes and such have shown. But I think I got an achievement for never getting hit by that story boss's obvious hammer attack? I was supposed to avoid something and I couldn't even be sure what it was.

But since a lot of people were (and still are) frustrated with the HoT map difficulty, it's probably best that they tone it down a tad, at least in the opening areas.

I'm sure there will be hard content, as them adding more frequent challenge modes and such have shown. But I think I got an achievement for never getting hit by that story bosses obvious hammer attack? I was supposed to avoid something and I couldn't even be sure what it was.

But since a lot of people were (and still are) frustrated with the HoT map difficulty, it's probably best that they tone it down a tad, at least in the opening areas.

I have to admit, I loved how I while I was
chasing the boss as it was fleeing the battlefield it waited around a corner and cheap shotted me like it was a Dark Souls enemy or something.

devs reportedly told the pressers (who seem to have played an identical demo?) that balance was seriously out of whack. Again, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Anno

I could see them undertuning monsters a bit just because someone who's literally never played the game could have this be their first ever GW2 experience and they want it to be not too crazy.

Jira

I could see them undertuning monsters a bit just because someone who's literally never played the game could have this be their first ever GW2 experience and they want it to be not too crazy.

This is a very good point. Even those coming back from having maybe never played HoT before, it would be a huge surprise to see a difficulty spike like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom