• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Curious as to what people's primary loadout is? (Infinity Slayer).

Mine is currently:
DMR
Boltshot
Plasma Grenade
Hardlight Shield
Resupply
Dexterity
Gettsyburg
DMR
Boltshot
Frag Grenade
Thruster Pack
Mobility
Dexterity

Roosevelt
DMR
Boltshot
Frag Grenade
Jet Pack
Shielding
Dexterity

Presidential
DMR
Boltshot
Frag Grenade
Active Camo
Mobility
Sensor

New Colossus
DMR
Boltshot
Frag Grenade
Thruster Pack
Shielding
Explosives

Sputnik MMNT
Whatever is needed for the occasion.

I've asked about a billion times in this thread to no answer but.. can somebody explain how the Pioneer specialization works?

Does it give you bonus XP whenever you wear the armor or just whenever you wear the armor with your next specialization only? If the former, what reason is there to go for something else the first time around?

The Pioneer armor set isn't what gives you bonus XP, the "Fast Track" tactical package (perk) that you unlock at the 10th level of the Pioneer specialization is what gives you bonus XP.

You only get bonus XP when you use a loadout with the Fast Track perk. Armor is cosmetic and doesn't have any impact.

"Specialization" has been such a confusing, ambiguous term for the Halo 4 population. It's just a way of picking what armor, emblems, and perk you want your next 10 SR levels to unlock.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Pioneer armor set isn't what gives you bonus XP, the "Fast Track" tactical package (perk) that you unlock at the 10th level of the Pioneer specialization is what gives you bonus XP.

You only get bonus XP when you use a loadout with the Fast Track perk. Armor is cosmetic and doesn't have any impact.

"Specialization" has been such a confusing, ambiguous term for the Halo 4 population. It's just a way of picking what armor, emblems, and perk you want your next 10 SR levels to unlock.
Thanks a ton. Guess there's no reason not to go for that then.

Specializations are indeed very confusing.

Ramirez

You're not missing much. They're trumped only by the Incineration Cannon in terms of "point in general direction of enemy and pull trigger to win". Your only hope when encountering someone with rockets is that they're far away and/or incompetent.

The rockets are not as bad as Reach.

Is it? I apologize. I don't know why you think I'm doing it, but it's not to be funny or annoying or anything. I'm going through some pretty severe mental issues at the moment and it is very hard right now. Stuff I've been dealing with for three-quarters of my life that I should've seen someone about a long time ago, but I didn't and now it's very bad. I'm seeing a psychologist about it all now.
/snip

Head up Dax, I'm here if you need someone to talk to bro.

Also, this thread is such a downer man, I hate that you guys aren't enjoying this game as much as I am. =\

Is flinch on the Light Rifle supposed to be worse than the others?

It certainly is whether or not it's designed to be. Holds the weapon back from supreme awesomeness sadly.

Considering that and it's strength without zooming in, it's probably the best rifle for shooting someone that's not shooting back at you, but arguably the worst for direct firefights were people shoot back at you.

I guess that might be why it's so frustrating to use.

Also, this thread is such a downer man, I hate that you guys aren't enjoying this game as much as I am. =\

I'm really trying, but it's rapidly becoming very frustrating to play.

Homeboyd

You can jetpack up and jump in the pelican turret in SpOps, Ep 2, Ch 3 (Hacksaw).

Do people know these things? Why am I not informed of these things?

IHaveIce

Banned
In my defense, biggy and co. are terribad and I only went -5.

And the craziest thing? We captured on them!
What were your first reactions when you read their names?

You can jetpack up and jump in the pelican turret in SpOps, Ep 2, Ch 3 (Hacksaw).

Do people know these things? Why am I not informed of these things?

I did this yesterday on accident and was surprised when I read "press x to ...."

That reminds me, I asked for it sooner this day but I think I didn't get a response, were any easter eggs found in campaign ?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Same here, although I'm not playing as much (not a lot of time) as many here I'm definitely having fun with the game. In fact, I find myself having MORE fun because of elements added to the game such as ordinance and JIP. I will however echo disdain for the damned gauss hog in MP.

I have barely played this game all week and I'll be going out of town for the weekend. I'm gonna need peeps in a few hours to make sure the bit of Halo 4 I do play is awesome.

Karl2177

Speaking of, me and Tashi need to get on that.

We might have 5 or so teams by the time you guys get done trading your games in. :p

Haha. I'll still have my game, but my schedule looks wack until mid December. And then it goes crazy again once school gets started again in January. Otherwise I would still gladly dong upon my fellow GAFfers.

Haha. I'll still have my game, but my schedule looks wack until mid December. And then it goes crazy again once school gets started again in January. Otherwise I would still gladly dong upon my fellow GAFfers.

Join the club.

Schedule is crazy, although I have this next week off, but I still won't have it "off" as I just have so much to do that it's not realistic to not work for a week. I decided fuck it once I'm done in mid-December and going to Hawaii for a couple weeks though. Worth everything.

I'm just ready to have time to play video games again. My work schedule is KILLING me.

I thought you were all about this new firefighter style schedule?

Oh I definitely am. It'll take some getting used to for sure since the hours are so long and intensive but that week off every other week is a major light at the end of the tunnel.

That's such a crazy schedule. I look forward to hearing about your decent into insanity in the coming months.

I can have fun but at times it just seems like all the randomness that has to be accounted for just isn't in me to deal with. This is why I got sick of MM that wasn't Halo and now it's part of Halo.

sigh

Also, this thread is such a downer man, I hate that you guys aren't enjoying this game as much as I am. =
yeah I agree. Remember when people were so excited. I wish I had more time to play though.

Top Bottom