• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

MinkTANK

Banned
Is it? I apologize. I don't know why you think I'm doing it, but it's not to be funny or annoying or anything. I'm going through some pretty severe mental issues at the moment and it is very hard right now. Stuff I've been dealing with for three-quarters of my life that I should've seen someone about a long time ago, but I didn't and now it's very bad. I'm seeing a psychologist about it all now.

I almost didn't go to NYCC because of what I'm dealing with, and I was pretty distant there. The trip was worth it at least for Frankie signing my Halo 3 copy, which means so much to me. And everyone there was great.

And at times I've considered not posting here for a while because I am so afraid that in a passing comment I'll something on here that I shouldn't, and I can't let that happen. But I guess if I'm saying that I should stop posting here for a bit. Believe or not, and I know it might not make any sense, but it's helping me cope. They're just terms of endearment, nothing more.

Sorry for everyone that I annoyed. I don't know what to do; I'm pretty messed up in the head at the moment.
Lol

zap

I think I could count the number of times I've seen HLS deployed on one hand, PV on the other hand...

^GTFO

Yeah, right now it is hardly used, because AAs like jetpack, camo and PV are a lot more abusable right now. If the other AAs got nerfed, you'd see a lot more people using it.

Kinda like evade wasn't too bad until all the AAs got taken out of Objective so suddenly everyone was using it.

Omni

I think I could count the number of times I've seen HLS deployed on one hand, PV on the other hand...

Mmm, maybe it's just luck of the draw. Happens to me quite a bit actually. On occasion it really isn't bad, but after a while you have to ask yourself what the hell 343i were thinking.

Threw me into a big team with 2 people left on the team and the opposition had 2 banshees up and were at 500. Spawn in and died. Yeah. This game. Wow.

Sai-kun

Banned

Stick to lurking, buddy.

QBQO8.gif

def sim

oh right kat

maybe the fileshare system isn't fully operational because they know the first few weeks will just be a bunch of stuff about cortana's butt

J10

Banned
Tonight I came across a team made up entirely of PV users on Adrift. They sat on one outside corner of the map just looking through walls waiting for my team to come at them. They did not move the entire match. Two perched on the upper platform, two below. Just constantly clicking PV and pot shotting down the hallway openings and man cannon landings. This is the kind of behavior broken Armor Abilities encourage in worst case scenarios.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

Ramirez

Tonight I came across a team made up entirely of PV users on Adrift. They sat on one outside corner of the map just looking through walls waiting for my team to come at them. They did not move the entire match. Two perched on the upper platform, two below. Just constantly clicking PV and pot shotting down the hallway openings and man cannon landings. This is the kind of behavior broken Armor Abilities encourage in worst case scenarios.

Don't worry, it's only for people with poor situational awareness.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Yep, 4 out of 5 JIP games were complete wastes of my time.
Especially the 1-0 game with 2 minutes left.
Enemy team had both manti... Mantis? Mantis.

Gazzawa

Don't worry, it's only for people with poor situational awareness.
The first time I used it in mp I got a killtacular.
It's "drawback" is it's cooldown time but by then- I've already seen everything. On mobile so someone insert an appropriate Patrick Stewart facepalm meme/gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn I played 4 straight hours of Halo tonight and I wanna play some more. I was alone in lobby too.

Hnnnnnnnnggggg

Shadders

We all criticise JIP, but the alternative isn't much better imo. Think of all the games you've been in that would have finished with uneven teams.

Akai__

We all criticise JIP, but the alternative isn't much better imo. Think of all the games you've been in that would have finished with uneven teams.

I think people critisize, that they were joining games, which are nearly finished or where the enemy team has a huge lead.

JIP would be a lot better, when you couldn't join games with lets say a 10 kill lead or sth. like that.

It's a catch-22, but I'd much, much rather they focus on discouraging leaving than JiP.
See: MOBAs.

But I said this months ago, as soon as they announced JiP. They obviously feel differently. *shrug*

Sai

Anybody else having Halo 4 server issues? Thought the message first popped up because I switched to wireless last night, but now I'm wired, and still getting a notice of the servers being unavailable.

Akai__

Anybody else having Halo 4 server issues? Thought the message first popped up because I switched to wireless last night, but now I'm wired, and still getting a notice of the servers being unavailable.

Some people experience server problems, but I don't know, what causes this. I had that problem yesterday, after 4-5 games, MM didn't work anymore.

Edit:
Oh wow, just came across a level 85...

What? That's like 3 times reaching SR50 right?

I thought it was something like going sr40-50 each specialization.

Check the graph monkey posted here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=44306216&postcount=3566

Haven't looked myself as I'm on mobile but that graph should have the answer.

Also had more fun on the game yesterday when I started playing with local friends - I don't think the netcode will work well enough to allow me to play with a international group and have fun. I kind of blame join in progress for the network issues, I preferred it in older games when finally getting a good match connection wise usually meant I would have a good connection all the way through, now though it's all too possible for someone to join mid way through and ruin it for everyone. :(

Gui_PT

Hey guys,

I know this has been asked many times but if someone could help me..

So 343 said they'd link Halo 4 to the books in a way that you wouldn't need the books to fully understand the game.

While I did understand the game, I don't think they linked the game and the books that well.

So now I'm interested in reading the books. Which ones should I read and in what order?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

So 343 said they'd link Halo 4 to the books in a way that you wouldn't need the books to fully understand the game.

While I did understand the game, I don't think they linked the game and the books that well.

So now I'm interested in reading the books. Which ones should I read and in what order?

Thanks in advance!

Want to borrow mine?

I will warn you that books are pretty dull, I can't get over the fact that 343 are finally intergrating the wider fiction but the wider fiction is now just not very interesting.

I wish we could go back to the halo 1-3 nylund era and have that fiction integrated more strongly.

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
Well it's arguable how well what you learn from the books translates to what you learn in game but:

1. Cryptum
2. Primordium
3. Glasslands
4. The Thursday War

Ok, so it's 326,670 XP per specialization, which is a bit less than the 377,920 XP from 40 to 50.

It's probably still faster to do those 10 ranks than it is to do that aweful warrant officer grind in reach lol.

Also GUI it's no problem man - not planning to reread those books anytime too soon.

ElRenoRaven

Working as intended.

Top Bottom