• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

IHaveIce

Banned
Good to know that in addition to a Halo game that isn't near perfection the community is still terrible, betrayal for weapons, leaving immediatly when their map isn't voted( of course the game doesn't fill up <3 )

I'm that close for leavin this game.. horrible.

Thermite

My weapon stats:

F8CsD.png

Will never use:

Ce1Y6.jpga

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/13ck0l/new_glyph_day_one/

The issue is competitive CoD is incredibly boring to watch, now there is a rift between some of the competitive players and others in the community (Fwiz/Goldenboy/Hastro). They want to make the game more casual friendly but the other side doesn't want to budge.

Awesome thanks a lot man, cool that these codes are still being put together. Any idea where 343 hid the glyphs?

Tawpgun

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/13ck0l/new_glyph_day_one/

The issue is competitive CoD is incredibly boring to watch, now there is a rift between some of the competitive players and others in the community (Fwiz/Goldenboy/Hastro). They want to make the game more casual friendly but the other side doesn't want to budge.

Apparently the pros don't like it because of the dev cycle. Having to adapt to a new CoD every year doesn't sit well with them. It's why games like CS 1.6 are still played competetively.

Apparently the pros don't like it because of the dev cycle. Having to adapt to a new CoD every year doesn't sit well with them. It's why games like CS 1.6 are still played competetively.
That makes sense. Yearly iterations aren't good for a competitive scene because as soon as you start scratching the surface a new game comes out and mixes everything up. I guess it's only a real problem if no one agrees on which game to stick with, since 1.6 didn't die out when CZ, CS:S and now GO came out.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Oh man, my stats make look like a real asshole. Explosions everywhere.

When all else fails and you're trapped in a warthog alone getting ambushed, just drive it straight into the crowd, hop out and throw down the plasma at your vehicle as a last resort. HUGE EXPLOSION muahahaha.

Right, same reason why Starcraft is a huge competitive hit, change the game minimally through patches/fixes and the metagame evolves itself

Kill everyone but the king.

The gametype still sucks, bring back FFA, it would be amazing in Halo 4.

So true.

Aggrotek

Uhh yea Adrift 2v2 with Radar will absolutely not be in the league. Just played it in the FLAG Tournament. That map already isn't good for Slayer but jeez it's downright awful for 2v2. The game just stops completely.

I was watching. Looked utterly agonizing.

Tawpgun

Ways to nerf boltshot

-Increase charge time, make it loud.
-Decrease kill range to melee range.

Best fix? Remove from loadouts, make same ordnance level as a needler.

To everyone playing later last night (kittens, barlow, etc): check your recent games. I'm looking for that dude that looked like Megatron (I'm guessing it was FOTUS) but I can't for the life of me find it in my history.

Oh, and fun fact: you can set player trait zones to teams, and it'll actually work! For example, setting a player trait zone to Team 8 and applying bottomless clip will give Cyan Team bottomless clip, but nobody else. If you combine that with a gametype with one-sided options such as Dominion (and force the game into Sudden Death, but only get points for kills or whatever) that's up to six possible unique player traits! Combined with loadouts you could actually make a pretty diverse class-style system.

FyreWulff

My 4 loadouts:

DMR/PP/Thrust/Frag
DMR/PP/Jetpack/Sticky
DMR/PP/Shield/Frag
DMR/PP/Sentry/Sticky

basically Reach'd it. More about choosing my AA than anything.

It was. Not to mention those guys were eating shots 5 feet in front of me. Lol, can't imagine how it was for Hyper.
They were hungry, I gave them what they wanted but... they never stopped.

It was fun. Thanks to everyone who'd watched Tashi's stream, endured my English, and seen my dreams being broken (to get carried by Tashi. but yeah...)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

It was fun. Thanks to everyone who'd watched Tashi's stream, endured my English, and seen my dreams being broken (to get carried by Tashi. but yeah...)

10899331.jpg

But guys, the netcode is silky smooth. Frankie said so!

And the campaign doesn't have frame drops either!

Fuck. As stupid as I think it was, I at least get the logic behind global ordnance and all this shit.

But removing the red X's and making the damage/firing indicators barely visible is damn near inexcusable.

Bro. BRO.

THE GAME JUST CAME OUT.

Tawpgun

Fuck. As stupid as I think it was, I at least get the logic behind global ordnance and all this shit.

But removing the red X's and making the damage/firing indicators barely visible is damn near inexcusable.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

We met in the middle. You brought me down some and I brought you up some. That's why I performed worse than you thought I was going to and you peformed better than you thought you were going to hahahaha.

It was a cool experience though.

Ways to nerf boltshot

-Increase charge time, make it loud.
-Decrease kill range to melee range.

Best fix? Remove from loadouts, make same ordnance level as a needler.

Not bad, then they could make the single shots stronger. While we're at it, let's scrap the Pulse 'nades as loadout weapons too and make them worthy of picking up or choosing in an Ordnance. Those things should wreck shit..

Hell, why not even remove the Light Rifle and make it an Ordnance Rifle that's as stronger as a Damage Boost, but has less shots. After all, each of the Promethean weapons should be overpowered :]

We met in the middle. You brought me down some and I brought you up some. That's why I performed worse than you thought I was going to and you peformed better than you thought you were going to hahahaha.

It was a cool experience though.
We are blaming the lack of Railguns as the reason for our loses. Haha.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Bregmann and I just suffered our final loss. We dominated a few matches, at least. It was fun, but jetpack and instant spawn is awful. And the fact that some loadouts get AR as well as DMR/BR is dumb. But ah well, I had fun.

343 have graciously given me a preview of an update they're working on for the X on death issue. They've decided to listen to the community but to also incorporate their revolutionary UI vision as well to set them apart. This was all I could get to show, but it's just one step closer to classic Halo we all know and love.

ZNkxS.jpg

They also brought back the Unicorn vs Wolf motif for red and blue as you can see there. You rock 343.

Tawpgun

If the insta respawn red X thing is an issue, just make the X's last shorter, or have them fade like 2 seconds after someone spawns. Hell, it could even tell the player for 2 seconds where they died.

Also played a CTF match on adrift with randoms. So good. Was intense. Ended my daily Halo on a high note.

well good news for Halo 4: Black Ops 2 is utter shit. I don't understand how the netcode gets worse over time instead of better. There is no good connection game, there is only whether you are on the host's side or not. Combine that with boring weapons and a terrible unlock schedule (I've only unlocked one weapon in the last 8 levels I think), menus that take forever to load, and boring perks and you get my least favorite CoD game of all time, so far anyway. And the maps aren't even good either.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think the AR is perfect. It's fun to use, powerful at short range, but useless at anything approaching long range. The DMR still dominates in 80% of encounters.

Top Bottom