• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Booties

Banned
I like that 343 won the "we made a slightly less shitty game" award. I'll accept on Frankie's behalf. Kiki, be at my side, please.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This a VERY rough draft of what I plan to do with all those little icons I have been making. The final result will feature many more icons as I plan to do more levels from the Halo games. The icons will be smaller and it will make a pretty awesome collage. This will probably be one of my final Halo photoshop pieces. I really like where it's going, and I have alot of work ahead of me. Hope everyone can appreciate the final work when it is complete :)
I requested a UNSC logo and you ignored it :( If you could make logos/emblems of UNSC/Covenant/Forerunners it would be an awesome trinity of minimalist work.

It's cool though, beautiful work.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just played a game on Abandoned where the other team had two guys with camo and hammers and another with hardlight sheild and a shotgun camping the lift(This should never occur because 343 told me the AAs were balanced). I destroyed the other team (True Skill) while one of my random teammates explained why Reach was the greatest Halo game. In his words "Reach added more to the complexity". He also told me that he left COD for Halo because of the additions in Reach and Halo 4.

This is the full Halo 4 experience; the pinnacle of Halo. This is the future ladies and gentlemen.

What a strange world we live in.

Oh god .. what is this .. I feel dizzy.

Omni

Mission Accomplished. Break out the champagne and cake. Congratulations everybody!

All we need now is the ability to call in MAC strikes after 10 kills! That'll show the Treyarch and IW who can make the best Call of Duty game set in the future!

Now that I think of what has happened with Halo 4, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think Halo 5 will include kill streaks

MrDaravon

All we need now is the ability to call in MAC strikes after 10 kills! That'll show the Treyarch and IW who can make the best Call of Duty game set in the future!

Now that I think of what has happened with Halo 4, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think Halo 5 will include kill streaks

I am almost willing to ban bet that will happen. Or if it doesn't, they'll make a big deal about not doing it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Once you just accept people have issues with the game that you don't, you'll enjoy said game that much more. Minds are made up by now.

I think you misunderstand. I love reading Ghaleon and crew's thoughts. The salt/sarcasm is coming from a select few who, instead of saying "here are my issues" like Ghaleon does, say "CoD = Halo 4 LOLZ" more or less. Funny the first few times, but we're getting to the point of having some equivalent of that post every page. Every. Page.

Anywho, I can deal with it. Just surprised more people haven't noticed. I've been off HaloGaf more often with holidays coming up, so maybe coming back just makes it that much more jarring. I miss when HaloGaf was just a collection of awesome people shooting the shit about Halo. I guess it's kind of that now, just with a WHOLE lot more sarcastic "I don't want to type out an opinion so I'll post this joke" posts.

But I have a bad K/D so what do I know anyways? :p

I requested a UNSC logo and you ignored it :( If you could make logos/emblems of UNSC/Covenant/Forerunners it would be an awesome trinity of minimalist work.

It's cool though, beautiful work.

oopsie I forgot to upload it!

Here ya go good sir :)

idzM71oeI13ud.png

IHaveIce

Banned
I think you misunderstand. I love reading Ghaleon and crew's thoughts. The salt/sarcasm is coming from a select few who, instead of saying "here are my issues" like Ghaleon does, say "CoD = Halo 4 LOLZ" more or less. Funny the first few times, but we're getting to the point of having some equivalent of that post every page. Every. Page.

Anywho, I can deal with it. Just surprised more people haven't noticed. I've been off HaloGaf more often with holidays coming up, so maybe coming back just makes it that much more jarring. I miss when HaloGaf was just a collection of awesome people shooting the shit about Halo. I guess it's kind of that now, just with a WHOLE lot more sarcastic "I don't want to type out an opinion so I'll post this joke" posts.

But I have a bad K/D so what do I know anyways? :p

I think you forget that almost everyone of these guys already did some bigger posts what are their problems, taking juices for an example and also suggested ways to fix stuff, but things get overlooked or dismissed, so sometimes you ust do some sarcastic psot because you think " ah it won't help again".

edit: ^^^lol great GT

Rev3rb

Just played a game on Abandoned where the other team had two guys with camo and hammers and another with hardlight sheild and a shotgun camping the lift(This should never occur because 343 told me the AAs were balanced). I destroyed the other team (True Skill) while one of my random teammates explained why Reach was the greatest Halo game. In his words "Reach added more to the complexity". He also told me that he left COD for Halo because of the additions in Reach and Halo 4.

This is the full Halo 4 experience; the pinnacle of Halo. This is the future ladies and gentlemen.

What a strange world we live in.

Wait... wat?

What are those pictures for exactly? Just curious :)

Photoshop has really helped keep my head clear this past week so I decided to engulf myself in one last Halo photoshop. I am doing it for fun, but I wanted to put some time and care into my final Halo piece. I am basically making a giant collage of Halo campaign levels with a look very akin to the Windows 8 tiles. Each tile does take a fair amount of time, but I am enjoying doing it so I guess that is all that matters. I will share all the final tiles, and make multiple wallpapers out of it for the community.

In every Terminal there's codes classifying each year the Installations rotation has been active. CEA & Halo 3's terminals in Installation 04, 00, and 04B states the years predating the events taking place in the message and video logs.

Halo 4 Terminals do not state these in each video within an exact timeline.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I will say Devin was right, after using the Light Rifle forever and then going back to the DMR I am a much better shot. Still love the LR, but I can wield the DMR well now.

Computron

I have sound issues all around, with vehicles in particular. I just entered a game where the ghost slammed into my side while I was in scope. I could not dodge it because it was making no sound!

I also had a game recently where the Loadout UI would not go away for like a minute.
Some of the controller keys stayed mapped to the Loadout selection so movement was weird..

I just saw that the official strategy guide is 500 pages. Holy cow. Then I remembered the Bulletin that said:

wat

They used all the paper from the manuals that could have been, then made the official game guide even longer. Trade-offs. ;)

That guide is serious business, though. It comes with dry erase overhead cards with callouts of all the maps. TONS of cool content in there.

--

SpOps E3 spoilers:
Also, bravo at whoever designed this week's Spartan Ops. Had no idea we'd be getting MP maps in there, but damn... The week was actually fun, and the story was badass, too.

Seriously... Mantis drops on Valhalla with like a billion things going on. That was just plain fun all around.

More of this, less of that weird shit we got for the first two weeks. PLEASE!

<3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
With all this talk of Episode 3 being so good, I didn't expect the first mission to be by-fucking-far the worst yet. Spawning in between two wraiths. GG shitty spawn system. Fuck outta here.

FyreWulff

Couldn't find a workaround to the spawns.

Tried normal spawn zones - players can still spawn on the other side.

Tried Normal spawn zones + anti spawn zones to deweight the team from the other side - they still ended up ont he other side.

Tried Normal, Anti, and a big Neutral zone to give the weights a known value. players can still spawn on the other side.

edit: I added a bunch of nonsensical spawns between the bases and players did end up on them within their team's spawn zone. So those attempts did influence the weight. It's just that bro-weight and enemy deweight seem to overpower the spawn zone considerably, so in an actual game people are still going to end up on the other side unless you cover every square inch of the map with spawns.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Things feel backwards to me when going between BTB and TS, previous games I would get destroyed in TS, jump to BTB and destroy people.

This time around I do decent in BTB, average in top 5 of the team but going over to TS I end up carrying the team.

I don't understand, H3 once I hit the early 40's I could not level any higher in TS, would just get worked every game...I am a 58 right now (I know it is not a skill based rank).

All the really good players playing in the Pro playlist?

Ramirez

Things feel backwards to me when going between BTB and TS, previous games I would get destroyed in TS, jump to BTB and destroy people.

This time around I do decent in BTB, average in top 5 of the team but going over to TS I end up carrying the team.

I don't understand, H3 once I hit the early 40's I could not level any higher in TS, would just get worked every game...I am a 58 right now (I know it is not a skill based rank).

All the really good players playing in the Pro playlist?

Probably just true skill actually matching you appropriately, every game of IS for me is an extremely close game, and usually frustrating.

Which is why when we go into CTF, get Valhalla and me & biggy dump 82 kills on the other team...

QoYpm.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Something has changed with the global ordnance drops and it's fucking pissing me off. Haven, Solace and Abandon have been so weird for the past few days-week. First it was Haven and now it's Solace and Abandon. I've had drops on the same exact location multiple times during a match. I first noticed it with Snipers on Abandon, then Rockets on Abandon. Then it was Incineration on Solace and Sword on Haven.

My world is collapsing around me.

Also, what's up with Hardlight shield? What are the actual properties of the thing. Sometimes when I deploy it I can move fast and then sometimes I move and look really slow. Same with when I disengage it as well. Sometimes I move faster and then sometimes it feels like I've been hijacked from a vehicle.

Ive also had 2 assassinations begin their animation and come out of it with the guy still around.

Fracas

#fuckonami
There should be a "call for ball" button in Oddball.

Maybe have the calling player's service tag flash or something. In the heat of the moment, it's hard to find who's asking for the ball.

Still, really enjoying Oddball. Games flow much faster and smoother, and you can pull off some really nice tosses.
Something has changed with the global ordnance drops and it's fucking pissing me off. Haven, Solace and Abandon have been so weird for the past few days-week. First it was Haven and now it's Solace and Abandon. I've had drops on the same exact location multiple times during a match. I first noticed it with Snipers on Abandon, then Rockets on Abandon. Then it was Incineration on Solace and Sword on Haven.

My world is collapsing around me.

Also, what's up with Hardlight shield? What are the actual properties of the thing. Sometimes when I deploy it I can move fast and then sometimes I move and look really slow. Same with when I disengage it as well. Sometimes I move faster and then sometimes it feels like I've been hijacked from a vehicle.

Ive also had 2 assassinations begin their animation and come out of it with the guy still around.

I've been having a lot of the same issues. So weird

Computron

I just thought of something great, yet incredible stupid:

Team damage at an ally in a vehicle will destroy the vehicle but it will not kill the allied player himself, rather, it will eject him unharmed.

So if you are behind enemy lines on Ragnarok, without cover, in the Mantis, and you are on you last sliver of health, call for your teammates to shoot you and you may just end up escaping alive!

I only put 2 and 2 together just now, but it appears this has already happened to me a couple times in BTB, saving my ass.
-------------

God, no team damage is stupid, especially when you can still kill teammates with splatters and they can destroy your vehicle.

Bring back BTB!

Computron

It looks as though the Hard Light Shield has been buffed.
Now the first couple seconds when you activate it you maintain your usual run speed.

It is incredibly useful for long-Mid Range combat, especially when coupled with teamwork.

Ramirez

It looks as though the Hard Light Shield has been buffed.
Now the first couple seconds when you activate it you maintain your usual run speed.

It is incredibly useful for long-Mid Range combat, especially when coupled with teamwork.

Tashi just mentioned a couple posts ago it's wildly inconsistent, probably a bug. =\

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi just mentioned a couple posts ago it's wildly inconsistent, probably a bug. =\

I don't know what's happening to be honest. Things are changing and we're not being told.

Just had a Binary spawn in the same exactly location twice on Haven now. I just had to get off because this is frustrating me so much.

edit:Computron, you could be right. I don't know to be honest.

Computron

I don't know what's happening to be honest. Things are changing and we're not being told.

Just had a Binary spawn in the same exactly location twice on Haven now. I just had to get off because this is frustrating me so much.

edit:Computron, you could be right. I don't know to be honest.

Yea, I just had some similar glitch where my speed boost carried over after my death.

It seems that any speed modifications are glitchy, perhaps dependent on host/connection.

Also, Binary seems to consistently spawn on the river side caves on valhalla now to.

Top Bottom