• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

There should be a "call for ball" button in Oddball.

Maybe have the calling player's service tag flash or something. In the heat of the moment, it's hard to find who's asking for the ball.

Still, really enjoying Oddball. Games flow much faster and smoother, and you can pull off some really nice tosses.

I've been having a lot of the same issues. So weird

Dude... Fantastic idea.

FyreWulff

So off the hip after a bit of long testing:

Halo 3's Spawn influence weighting:

Objective > > > > Spawn Zone > Teammate Proxmity > > Enemy Proximity

Reach's Spawn influence weighting:

Spawn Zone > > > > Objective > > > Teammate Proximity > > Enemy Proximity = Anti, Weak > > Line of Sight

Halo 4's Spawn influence weighting:

Enemy Proximity > > Teammate Proximity > Line of Sight > Anti, Weak > Objective > Spawn Zone > Explosion

In 4, enemies being in proximity to all your team's zone spawns will pop you out into the other spawns on the map.

daedalius

So after tonight I am finding I really miss Pit CTF with BR starts.

Random Saw/Boltshot hiding around corner/in camo every game is... tiring.

Boltshot starting weapon seems to be an awful idea. I feel dirty every time I abuse it.

TCKaos

I don't know what's happening to be honest. Things are changing and we're not being told.

Just had a Binary spawn in the same exactly location twice on Haven now. I just had to get off because this is frustrating me so much.

edit:Computron, you could be right. I don't know to be honest.

So wait, the drops are consistent now?

Isn't that a good thing?

malfcn

What the fuck, even the credits have bugs.

First, I can watch the Legendary ending without beating it on Legendary?
Second, the game loads
Earth and the Moon
cropped and taking up only the top half/third instead of the full screen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So wait, the drops are consistent now?

Isn't that a good thing?

That, I don't know yet. And yea if they are consistent then it's a good thing. All I've noticed is that they're different than what I tested. I'll do some new testing tomorrow.

FyreWulff

Ya, thought so. Too much Spawn on your Bro for my taste.

I noticed a bad side effect of the massive increase to broweight. I was playing Valhalla, at top hill. I see the Mantis has spawned back at the base, so I go sprinting back for it.

Along the way, all my dying teammates are just sprouting out of the ground next to me. I just wanted to run back and get a vehicle and I was putting them at a detriment by continually spawning them farther and farther from the action until I got to the Mantis.

I can't tell at the moment if there's even spawn cooldown anymore.

daedalius

That, I don't know yet. And yea if they are consistent then it's a good thing. All I've noticed is that they're different than what I tested. I'll do some new testing tomorrow.

I did not see this tonight.

Although Havok did get an Incineration cannon on Haven :|

In personal ordnance... :||||||

Ramirez

No clue why you guys are dogging the boltshot, I got a triple tonight with it, and every single person I killed was trying to sprint+melee me, sit down peasants.

J10

Banned
Had a weird thing happen tonight where I called in for ordnance and the pod didn't open. I had to melee it open to get my goodies.

Had a weird thing happen tonight where I called in for ordnance and the pod didn't open. I had to melee it open to get my goodies.

A global ordnance got stuck halfway in the ground in a game today. I couldn't pick up the weapon despite seeing half of it.

Ramirez

How do I have a SAW, and put a whole clip into them and they Melee me to death? Talk about whu?

The SAW is such a connection dependent weapon, it's usually a worthless thing for me to even pick. I feel like the AR is just as powerful sometimes, weird.

Computron

My ordnance just landed on the head of a man cannon.

FUCK ordnance.

I had to go through it 3 times before it let me have it.
(So did my sneaky teammates who were trying to steal my Binary Rifle, lol)

From now on, I am calling all my ordnance from inside caves.
KuGsj.gif

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Man, It really blows being in the middle of a spartan ops game and being 'signed out' of XBL (AKA put on the stupid overflow servers)

Didn't even know until i tried to check how many more hunters i needed to kill... :\

Computron

Man, It really blows being in the middle of a spartan ops game and being 'signed out' of XBL (AKA put on the stupid overflow servers)

Didn't even know until i tried to check how many more hunters i needed to kill... :\

Oh is that what that is? I never understood how that could happen, but that makes sense I guess...

Either way, you should play spartan ops in co-op.

I would be up for that.

pakkit

Banned
I don't hate the flinch mechanic (and I never hated the bloom mechanic either...) but that said when I get to specialize best believe I'll be choosing the stability perk.

Korosenai

Just got matched up with Mioff in infinity slayer. Hes pretty good.

I don't hate the flinch mechanic (and I never hated the bloom mechanic either...) but that said when I get to specialize best believe I'll be choosing the stability perk.

Im using it now and its incredible.

Computron

I'm so against care pa..ordnance in Halo that I just let it sit there. Begging to be called down. I have it right where I want it.

I feel the same way, but I'll take those off our hands for you. :p

Did you know that you can use ordnance to splatter enemies and destroy vehicles?

Nuke 'em with a needler drop.

Havok

Just had a Binary spawn in the same exactly location twice on Haven now. I just had to get off because this is frustrating me so much.
Like, two in a row? The normal two spots on that map (both side ramps)? I still haven't been able to tell if the system will allow two drops in the same spot one immediately (2 minutes) after the other. I don't know if it's necessarily being changed, or if you're just seeing different tendencies in a random system. I've maybe noticed more high-tier power weapons being chosen in the few games I played tonight, but I don't know if that's because they're changing the weightings on the backend, or if a dice roll just dictated that it was going to happen.

I want a Global Ordnance FAQ with data to replace the image they put out that consisted of a ring of weapons and some squiggly lines that might as well have said "some wizardry happens here!" That I need a FAQ to understand exactly how the weapon spawning system works in a shooter says a lot about what I think of the system.

orznge

Banned
Like, two in a row? The normal two spots on that map (both side ramps)? I still haven't been able to tell if the system will allow two drops in the same spot one immediately (2 minutes) after the other. I don't know if it's necessarily being changed, or if you're just seeing different tendencies in a random system. I've maybe noticed more high-tier power weapons being chosen in the few games I played tonight, but I don't know if that's because they're changing the weightings on the backend, or if a dice roll just dictated that it was going to happen.

I want a Global Ordnance FAQ with data to replace the image they put out that consisted of a ring of weapons and some squiggly lines that might as well have said "some wizardry happens here!" That I need a FAQ to understand exactly how the weapon spawning system works in a shooter says a lot about what I think of the system.

Could you post that picture? I haven't seen it before. Also I thought the inability to pinpoint any precise mechanical workings was one of the "features" of "Global Ordinance Drops."

FyreWulff

just won a dominion game with gaf in less than 2 minutes

Record is something like 1:27.

The team actually stayed in the game and gave us a fairly competitive match the next time around though. Either we pissed them off or we just managed to legsweep them the first time.

Tunavi

Banned
Record is something like 1:27.

The team actually stayed in the game and gave us a fairly competitive match the next time around though. Either we pissed them off or we just managed to legsweep them the first time.
checking the video, 1:36. not sure if that includes time thats not on the clock

Havok

Could you post that picture? I haven't seen it before. Also I thought the inability to pinpoint any precise mechanical workings was one of the "features" of "Global Ordinance Drops."
Sure, here it is:

That image is a little misleading because it doesn't show that spots can have multiple weapons as a possibility, depending on how they're tailored. At this point I've got the basics of the system down, just not some of the smaller rules it uses (such as whether or not a spot can be chosen twice in a row). It's aggravating because I like to know that stuff. Especially if I decide that I want to continue making Forge maps, which is already a pretty big if. To me, there's a difference between not being able to exactly predict what is going to happen based on the system, and not being able to tell what the constraints of the system are at all.

FyreWulff

checking the video, 1:36. not sure if that includes time thats not on the clock

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/FyreWulff/wargames/match-a23853563b0e5c46

Waypoint reports it as 1:45. I think it counts start up and closeout time, also if they're still rounding like Bungie's Reach stats did.

Either way I love the Last Stand mechanic because if a game is lopsided, it just ends and everyone can move on.

edit: also I don't even know if that game link even works for not-me.

I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch I Hate Flinch

team snipers:/

ps: u4ix is live - http://www.twitch.tv/u4ixxx

Snipers this go round has just been a dissapointment. :(

Already playing against halo 3 snipers 50's I recognise lol, at least true skill works - shame the gameplay needs improving. This feels more like swat than snipes.

U4ix - the pistol should never be in snipes, I played games of reach where it was the only thing people used.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I have had some crazy luck going on, virtually every time I could use a sniper, whether it be ammo or any of the 3 snipers in the game I get them.

3 ordinance drops in a row on Exile.

So after playing snipes today I overall enjoyed it but I hope for a few changes to be made as snipers is one of my favorite and most played playlists.

-Radar Removed: It only makes games slower and promotes annoying gameplay

-Expanded map pool: I enjoy snipers on big maps but I also enjoy small maps for variety. Add Haven, Adrift, and Abandon to the mix.

-Beam Rifles: Halo 3 did a good job with these, have them on the map but don't allow players to spawn with them.

-Secondary Weapon/Nades: A secondary weapon would be a tremendous help, like reach if you empty your clip you get a longer reload animation which can be avoided by Y+Ying while holding a secondary weapon. If players find it to be a problem being cleaned up or annoyed by pistol shots you could even use a plasma pistol which would be of little use. As for nades, its not a big deal but they can be useful for cleaning up a long distance kill that is hiding.

-Armor abilities: This is a big iffy one to me but it could be fun to add Hologram, Thruster pack and Hardlight Shield.

Though I thoroughly enjoy Halo 4, the matchmaking needs a serious overhaul. Playlists need to be condensed, added to, and adjusted, and I hope 343 starts making better use of their weekly matchmaking updates by fixing current playlists and not removing old favorites which seems to be hinted.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
It'd be nice if they brought back the X indicator for friendlies dying.

I can't shake the '2 on my X' callouts.... Everyone is like WTF WHERE DUDE

GloveSlap

Did the matchmaking update change any gameplay aspects? I was using the sticky detonator in a game and I was hitting charges right next to guys and I couldn't get an instant kill with it. It might have just been a bad connection but it felt so much weaker.

Top Bottom