• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

You get that if you register your LE code at -somewhere- before December 20th. After that you have to go and hope that you are worthy of being bestowed Microsoft's free gifts via email.

I didn't even see anything about this in game box contents, have to take another look...

It's too early for this OT naming shit...

3s08m6.jpg

Jesus christ, I told myself I was gonna play Halo today since I had the whole day to myself. Instead I lost track of time and played Blops 2 all day. It's already almost 10pm and I literally lost track of time. I even played some league play and I should be getting ranked eventually.

It's a shame Halo 4 couldn't grab me like this.

How does Blops 2 ranking system work?

CyReN

Since the Halo 4 Specializations codes have gone out, there have been almost 10,000+ responses/issues through Halowaypoint/MS site only.

Some people may lap over, but this is discounting every other Halo community and their responses.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
BTW, I think we're getting November NPD's soon. They will be epic. No doubt we get full numbers on H4. Hopefully MS doesn't pull that dollars made bullshit.

willow ve

I hate the storm rifle. I played a CTF game on Adrift where the other team was all using it. Worst experience ever lol.

I'm still trying to figure out what gametype can possibly be fun on Adrift.

First patch should remove the Boltshot's charge ability and up its main damage slightly. Fucking stupid to be equal distance apart and I get killed with a Boltshot when I had a Scattershot and we both hit each other.

So in six months they can fix something that's been broken since day one? Don't hold your breath.

God. Yes.

Sounds like they're gearing up for a great season. I need to re-watch S1 and S2 before this gets going. hyyyyyyyyyype

Re-watches are a must. They build hype and get you prepared for the new season, it's the perfect combo.

As a book reader, season 3 will cover of significant portion of my favorite content and plot threads in the entire series, so needless to say the hype for this season is pretty absurd.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
How does Blops 2 ranking system work?

http://mltiplyr.com/2012/11/14/heres-how-black-ops-2s-league-play-system-works/

Too funny.

Divisions
Your performance in a season’s placement matches will determine which division you or your team is placed in. There are a total of six divisions (listed below), with each division resetting at the start of each season. Each division is broken up into subdivisions of 250 players. These players in your subdivision will be whom you directly compete with.

Masters: top 2% of the active population
Platinum: next 18%.
Gold: next 20%.
Silver: next 20%.
Bronze: next 20%.
Bronze: bottom 20%.

Seasons
League Play is broken up into seasons, each lasting approximately thirty calendar days.

^ sharp knees, would not blain

I'm still trying to figure out what gametype can possibly be fun on Adrift.

So in six months they can fix something that's been broken since day one? Don't hold your breath.

Oddball Adrift is basically the new Oddball Swordbase with a coordinated team.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i think i'll switch my firepower to storm rifle/suppressor as secondary. that medium range looked farther out then i'd typically want to use a machine gun, so i'd imagine i'd see a benefit to making the switch

well, storm rifle seemed like a bust. after two matches (haven and adrift) i'm fairly confident i would have done better with my AR secondary. suppressor next.

willow ve

Oddball Adrift is basically the new Oddball Swordbase with a coordinated team.

Adrift falls apart in all of the objective modes.

If you don't stop a flag cap before they leave your platform you'll never get it back.
Oddball is hilarious as you spend 75% of the map running around trying to get to where the ball is.
King tends to reward teams who randomly insta-spawn next to the upcoming hill.

Maybe Swat on Adrift is fun? Or snipers?

heckfu

Banned
Well I'm about to hit up a friends place but when I get home I have a feeling I'll wallow in self pity and watch the entire hour.

Trey

"What I'm gonna do is drop my fish now - I'm gonna catch the fish. Now it's in Link's hand. Now I'm gonna play my deku stick which will dupe over it because I don't have any. That's gonna write a bottle over my B-button which also sees I have the fish which wrote the 20 deku nuts. Now I'm gonna throw seven deku nuts. Now I'm gonna drop another fish - I'm gonna catch this fish. Now I'm gonna backflip, play my bomb, and now we're heading back to the Temple of Time."

Black magic.

Ramirez

That OoT stuff is cool as hell, but man, what possesses someone to want to find all of those tricks & actually remember them?

IHaveIce

Banned
Does K/D mean nothing anymore? I frequently see top team players negative but with a high score and placing first. Fuck this point system if they can't knock people for going -10 and placing first.

Isn't the first advice you give to someone who wants to be better at Halo try to go positive?

Top Bottom