• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Karl2177

Does K/D mean nothing anymore? I frequently see top team players negative but with a high score and placing first. Fuck this point system if they can't knock people for going -10 and placing first.

Isn't the first advice you give to someone who wants to be better at Halo try to go positive?

If it's objective, then I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Sometimes there is a designated flag carrier, and they won't be gaining a lot of kills but racking up deaths because the moment wasn't perfect. Same goes for hill holders and ball carriers.

Korosenai

Has anyone been able to actually get a bull true without being killed by the sword guy at the same time?

I've killed plenty of sword users that were mid lunge on me, but I never get the medal unless we trade kills.

If it's objective, then I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Sometimes there is a designated flag carrier, and they won't be gaining a lot of kills but racking up deaths because the moment wasn't perfect. Same goes for hill holders and ball carriers.

I don't mean objective, just team slayer modes.

BTW, they go from automatic weapons being useless to them being pretty useful. Too bad there are a hundred of them including the saw on the map now. So tired of being cleaned up by anyone of the 4 automatic weapons.

Ramirez

Has anyone been able to actually get a bull true without being killed by the sword guy at the same time?

I've killed plenty of sword users that were mid lunge on me, but I never get the medal unless we trade kills.

I got one, think I sniped them as they were lunging. I have a couple more that were trade offs though.

Redford

aka Cabbie

Is it announced?

Edit: Then nope, I've died to pretty much every attempted sword rush. =/ Wish they'd put stopping power on it ffs that's what it should be there for to prevent.

Picturing Destiny: Six months of Bungie news.
I love that Paul is helping out. It's crazy to see someone with the career he has had all of a sudden jumping into the video game industry and working along side Marty. Who could have predicted that?
This. Although in other playlists i'll have the least number of deaths and go +4ish, but also have the least points. Obviously i'm not racking up a huge number of kills, but there is something to be said about playing smart, which doesn't get factored into the points at all.

Korosenai

I got one, think I sniped them as they were lunging. I have a couple more that were trade offs though.
It seems glitched for me. I haven't played flood recently, but when I did, I killed plenty of flood that were lunging at me and didn't get one bulltrue.

Is it announced?

Edit: Then nope, I've died to pretty much every attempted sword rush. =/ Wish they'd put stopping power on it ffs that's what it should be there for to prevent.
I think full stopping on the power for the sword would render it almost useless. Maybe 25%, but not the full 100%.

Also from the Sudd stream just now

Sudd 1 - "I don't want to go to AGL and lose my reputation"

Random guy in their game - "What reputation"

Duji

I understand there is helpful criticism here and we have a LOT of good posters, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. My main point is for every 1 Ghaleon, Juices, Dax, Overdoziz, or even Kyle, we have a million minkTANKS, Duji, and other shitty posters who go on the attack instead of cooling down and making well thought-out posts. I imagine if I were a poster here and made the game I would be immediately turned off by people who waltz around saying that it's shitty just as much as I would probably hate the Hydras and Cyclones for not being honest and true (all the time, yes, Cyclone made the one post) about what they would like to see different.

Having to dig around to find the gold isn't worth having to see the million degrading posts (to me anyway).

For instance, if that kid had said "Waypoint for iOS is really laggy" then someone could come along and say "we are having backend issues" or "there is an update soon." Instead he said, "waypoing for iOS is a piece of shit." Where do you begin to respond to that?

Care to cite a post I made and explain what you didn't like?

blamite

I realized the other day that there are no commendations for Extraction, which makes me wonder if they got cut, never existed in the first place, or will be added once the mode is in matchmaking.
It seems glitched for me. I haven't played flood recently, but when I did, I killed plenty of flood that were lunging at me and didn't get one bulltrue.

Flood claw doesn't count as a Sword now.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I missed this, but is shooting grenades in the air still a thing? I know I've had my Sticky Detonator rounds blow up in my face.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Holy shit, you really can live stream blackops 2 from youtube without third party shit. I just checked it out.

Why the fuck didn't Halo do this?

Sai-kun

Banned

image.php

Homeboyd

Awesome if true!
Imagine if it was PvP here instead of AI (which it could be)... but you come across some guys in your faction taking on one of the other gangs in a mini-domintation (or deathmatch) type of game to take control of an area of the land. You back them up and take out the other faction trying to come in and take your post (or vice versa).

Most likely it's built around AI enemies, but it would be awesome to see this kind of interaction between factions. Plus, I'm looking for any way to turn this into an FPS I can. Small "side" battles like these would be awesome.

Duji

You complain about non constructive posts and cite me as one of the people responsible.

I ask you to quote one of my posts and tell me what's up in the sincere hopes of improving the quality of my posts. I know I can be a downer at times.

But instead of telling me, you outright deny me of that request. So you effectively complained and provided no solutions. How are you any better than the people you are complaining about?

blamite

Random thought: what if BTB vehicle spawns were replaced by the team-restricted pads that Dominion uses? Wou;d this be possible using Forge, without any gametype modifications?

mastrbiggy, myself and a friend. JiP to KOTH. 147-9. We're on losing team. Get spawned in. Game over. Defeat. Counts as Loss on Service record.

"Made late joining improvements to Join in Progress in all game types"

Bullshit.

Redford

aka Cabbie
mastrbiggy, myself and a friend. JiP to KOTH. 147-9. We're on losing team. Get spawned in. Game over. Defeat. Counts as Loss on Service record.

Bullshit.

An improvement would be quarantining all ongoing Complex games. Everyday that's the first map I play on without fail.

CyReN

Can people without sufficient upload speeds stream in BO2? When I played with Risen & his gang, a lot of them were complaining about subpar streaming performance.

I haven't tried it personally, all I know is that you need 10 viewers or so for the stream to activate on Youtube.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The Railgun is the most satisfying weapon to ever exist in a Halo game.

Here's to hoping it sticks around for the next games.

RIP Nade Launcher

It probably took sooo much free time, its sad and amazing at the same time.

It's his hobby. So what?

You guys play thousands of games of Halo and get no better.

Everyone has their thing.

You were in my stream the other night, right?

Not really a good comparison, but alright.

Link to aforementioned stream

Is that ok, or are high scores not a good comparison either? The guy has his game of choice and likes to play it a certain way.

I'm talking to chat during the video. Not as in-depth, but similar stuff.

Duji

Bullshit.

Judging by heckfu's recent logic, this would be a shitty post.

To me, it would be a post by a dissatisfied Halo fan who paid a well earned $60 for an experience that didn't come as advertised. The complaints, however bitter, would be justified. Is it constructive? Does it provide solutions? No, but it's pretty obvious what needs to be done: players should not be joined late into the game. That, and/or we should have a JiP toggle.

complaining that people aren't constructive is always the worst. people here have been posting large constructive posts consistently for years - way before most people reading this thread joined GAF. makes no difference. hell large posts are mostly ignored, we had like 2 or 3 just today.

Ramirez

Is that ok, or are high scores not a good comparison either? The guy has his game of choice and likes to play it a certain way.

I'm talking to chat during the video. Not as in-depth, but similar stuff.

I didn't find the Halo one a good comparison because no two games are the same, and I'm sure for most people, the social aspect of it is just as big as the game itself. Now, if we were playing the same map,gametype, and same people every day for hours on end trying to recreate the same scenario, but shave seconds off, then ok, you got me.

I never said it was bad or anything, chill out brah. Saying it's "his hobby", well no shit.

Top Bottom