• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Master_JO

Banned
Go back and read what you wrote, bro.
Am so sorry bro. I have had the worst weekand with this game .( I cant believe im saying this about Halo )

I thought of posting a piece of my mind to 343i with my main issues. Did not mean to take it out on you :)

I have literally stopped playing every game and dedicated my self to Halo. Waited for so long, And what i have found is another Black ops lag and unbalanced gameplay.
Sorry if there are grammatical errors. As you may know by now, English is not my first language.

Duji

Nah Duji, Enfinit just tryna smash.

Okay, lol.

And on the topic of developer/consumer dialog:

Have any of you guys heard of Riot? I have gone on their forums and seen them respond to the most disrespectful people I have ever seen. People will literally post things like "X is fucking bullshit. Fuck this game and fuck Riot" and Riot quickly responds and says, "We're sorry you feel this way, and we are working on a solution." And look at how their game is turning out. It's the most played game on the PC and it is a very balanced one at that. It also has spectator mode and a ranking system. I really believe every multiplayer developer should be looking at what Riot is doing.

It is an absolute joke to be told that 343 isn't listening because constructive and thoughtful discussion is marred by a larger group of straight up complainers. Whether or not they listen is entirely up to them. If you have no patience to sit through disrespectful folks, then I'm sorry to say, but you are a poor game developer. It's like one of those teachers that has absolutely no patience for children and happens to be a kindergarten teacher. Yes, I can imagine it being a hard job, but come on, you signed up for it! And I'm not saying 343 isn't listening -- I have hope that they will come through with an instant respawn fix in custom games as well as some smaller maps.

Saying that complainers are ruining the dialog tells me that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It's such a bullshit, cop out excuse -- not to mention naive. Reality check: you will seldom find a video game discussion forum where most of the criticisms aren't just a bunch of unhelpful complaints and disgruntled fanboys angrily mashing their keyboards.

I'm still trying to understand the Stability armor mod. It's only for when zoomed in? Seems like you don't get a lot out of it compared to the Stealth armor mod which provides some protection against PV, gives you faster assassinations, and supposedly makes you quieter. Any thoughts?

For a while I was thinking you'd be able to mix and match some of these different abilities. But since you can really only use one or the other, I think I might just go Wetworks instead of Rogue.

Right now, when I do play something besides Pro Slayer, I like to use ordnance priority, especially in BTB. Getting ordnance drops quicker is basically your best option. And once they start rolling, you have a good chance of keeping the drops coming. So yeah, I'm whoring myself out to the CoD-like drops, but only because it's take advantage of the system or be taken advantage of. That's also why i use invis.

zap

Same maps? Totally didn't see that one coming.

Remember this is what 343 hyped up before release. Episodic content that you have already played! Amazing!

It's like a second campaign... you play the first hour worth of content over and over again! Look at all the playtime we are giving you!

Striker

I'm still trying to figure out what gametype can possibly be fun on Adrift.
Outside JIP letting a teammate who was actually in the opposing team's party on our team and did nothing but grief with the flag, I think Adrift has been the best map in MM under CTF. I mean, considering the rest of the alternatives, what is there? I would like Solace more if the bases were symmetric. The rest aren't very appealing, or don't work at all.

I think the same goes for KotH and Oddball. Haven is pretty decent for both, but I don't like the rest for what's currently set up. Overall, it's what I expected coming into the game and its lack of depth in the objective department.

BTB would be more ideal with getting CTF - Meltdown, Vortex, Exile, and Longbow would be the rotation; not sure if they would include Ragnarok since it is already in the 5v5 version.

Omni

Was I wrong to assume that 343i had access to all of the campaign when designing Spartan Ops? I don't understand why we keep playing on the same 5 maps over and over and over again. Am I expecting new specially crafted areas just for Spartan Ops each week? Of course not... But there are so many other areas in campaign that are already built that could've been used.

It's half way through the season and I'm failing to see the difference between Spartan Ops and Firefight. Oh wait, never mind. In Firefight you could change the settings... In Spartan Ops there are infinite spawns and the gameplay is as flexible as a brick. There's no variety in these missions at all (though first Valhalla one was great. Props for that)

I'm trying to like this mode, I really am. The CGI story is getting great, but apart from that it's just one massive disappointment.

FyreWulff

Look on the plus side to SpOps, it won't reduce the count of MP maps you get in a map pack.

That's more a marketing/planning decision though. For Reach, they should have split the Firefight DLC into a separate pack (Unearthed, Installation 04, and possibly a remake of Lost Platoon). Or made two copies of Unearthed, one for MP and one for Firefight.

I have a suspicion to this day that the reason it was hard to get Defiant in MM was because most of the Defiant owners were in Firefight. It practically rained Unearthed in FF matchmaking, but was like finding a rare pokemon in Competitive. The last time I was able to actually play Highlands in MM for example is still current on Bungie.net

Old, Figured some of you guys might like it.

h4_slipcasepackshot2_large.jpg

HALO 4- Awakening: The Art of Halo 4 Limited Edition with Print

http://titanexclusives.myshopify.com/products/awakening-the-art-of-halo-4-limited-edition-with-print
I just wanted to say thanks because I pre-ordered it at ForbiddenPlanet but they still haven't shipped it yet. So I wanted to cancel and saw that they charged my card and the order is ready to ship. I am excited about this book 'cause the artwork is just incredible.

Petrichor

The way they're tackling spartan ops would have been fine IF Halo 4 had a larger variety of enemies to fight. If the maps were cycling between fighting the same number of covenant species in Halo 3 / Reach, a more fleshed out promethean faction, the flood and the sentinels (or maybe even the precursors) then the mode would be a lot less repetitive.

They really doomed spartan ops in pre-production by deciding on such a limited enemy sandbox. The prometheans just aren't fun to fight and the covenant feels somewhat lacking as well.

Omni

Completed the first two episodes... Completely burnt out to do the others. Will attempt to complete them if I finish Far Cry 3 this week (spend about 16 hours into it already... half way through).

Edit. After watching the CGI again, it seems as if I completely misinterpreted it. The only mystery is how the composed from New Phoenix got transported back to Requiem.

Completed the first two episodes... Completely burnt out to do the others. Will attempt to complete them if I finish Far Cry 3 this week (spend about 16 hours into it already... half way through).

Wild SO story speculation.
Imagine if the artefact is actually Cortana... It's possible that she saw the New Phoenix accident from the Didact's ship (she was active within at the time). Would be an odd twist... and would beg the question of how she got back on Reqium... but now I'm just ranting. Realistically I expect something dangerous.
I burnt out on Spartain Ops after the first week's episodes. I thought maybe it was because I went through them on legendary, so I started the 2nd week's episode on normal difficulty. Nope, still burnt out lol. Spartan ops just isn't my thing, though. So i don't know if my burnout means much.

Omni

Isn't this episode the last one of the season?
Nope? I don't think so. I thought there were 10 chapters

Should I load up H4 to at least watch the cgi?

I've been burnt out of spartan ops for weeks now.
Yes! CGI is great. Even better; Just watch it on Youtube

I burnt out on Spartain Ops after the first week's episodes. I thought maybe it was because I went through them on legendary, so I started the 2nd week's episode on normal difficulty. Nope, still burnt out lol. Spartan ops just isn't my thing, though. So i don't know if my burnout means much.
I've been going through all of them solo heroic (did first week on Legendary and the Valhalla ones with three others though). Last week things were getting a tad tedious, but this week is far worse. I feel like I've already played through these areas at least a dozen times each - with each being pretty much the same. :\

Should I load up H4 to at least watch the cgi?

I've been burnt out of spartan ops for weeks now.

Definitely watch the cutscenes. Watched weeks 2-4 yesterday, really impressive. The story's not bad either. It's such a shame the best bit about spops is the part where you're not playing. I was very severe on the mode a few days ago. I decided to give it another try yesterday and played all of episode 4 in mm, 4 player.

It was an improvement over the first weeks missions but the biggest problem still spoiled it somewhat, that being the spawns. Literally being spawned in the middle of a ring of covenent over and over is not up to halo's hitherto high standards. Plus it felt like frg fight on the complex mission, some dude firing rockets into the covenent the second their feet touched the ground from the phantom. Mode desperately needs scoring and limited lives too. All in all the actual gameplay of spops feels unfinished, unpolished and a little boring. Shame for such a big ticket feature.

S1kkZ

Edit. After watching the CGI again, it seems as if I completely misinterpreted it.

play ep 3 and 4. they are much better than the first 2. (unless you play solo).
episode 5 seems to be a complete mess when played solo, coop is the way to go. i cannot imagine that its possible to finish level 4 by yourself.

I could'nt agree more. And Am a man who never complaints . But having spend much time on this game, And realising each minutt passing that this is not Halo. You really dropped the ball on several things. join in progress when the other team nearing victory is BS. Spartans never die no matter what you hit them with. Hard shield is total BS. Whats so different about it from Reach Armor lock? When I ampty the whole DMR clip on someones face and they dont die cuz of ur so old server. ( here is s tip, Dedicated servers) so I have to use the sec. weapon to kill them but I cant., u know why?1- Latency and shitty servers with full of lag. 2- Cus some smart *** in 343 thought of Hard shield so when their shield gos down, I can just activated and walk sideways like some sea crab(crap) and hid behind cover. Where dos that leave me with no more bullets? instatnt response? WOW.
Am 30 y old and have been Halo fan since CE. never Complaint, Always loved the games and still got every copy. I really thought you were some savers after What shitty game bungie released with HR. But now, U really are the same all of ya. Trying going after COD. Well here is something for ya. I will break uit down the easy way so you can understand it smart ****. HALO 3 had more players and increasing fans. Halo reach dicreased the series fan and players. Halo 4 same as reach adn decreasing everyday. 1+1=2. so for that, KMA ( If you are smart enough to figure this out)

29448819.jpg

Omni

play ep 3 and 4. they are much better than the first 2. (unless you play solo).
episode 5 seems to be a complete mess when played solo, coop is the way to go. i cannot imagine that its possible to finish level 4 by yourself.
Mmm. Will give it ago tomorrow morning I think. Not really excited to do so though

I shouldn't be so tempted by this. I shouldn't... oh god, someone stop me.
I'm really considering it too. Only downside is that I don't get paid for another day or two... How limited are they?

Only thing bothering me is the lack of 4v4 maps. Sure their are problems but the game is infinitly times better than reach and I have come to the acceptance that we will never get classic halo back

Pop

Only thing bothering me is the lack of 4v4 maps. Sure their are problems but the game is infinitly times better than reach and I have come to the acceptance that we will never get classic halo back

Don't you put that on us.

I cry evrytim

ElRenoRaven

Ok now things are just getting stupid. Can we kill Palmer already? Please. Then of course stupid idiot has to go and touch the damn artifact. Is everyone on the Infinity really that goddamn stupid? And yea recycled shit. So not going to bother even playing this shit. Not until they quit recycling the same 3 or so spaces every goddamn week.

Fuchsdh

Wow Nintendo how about you try testing your game! Lololololol

If only they had buttery smooth 60fps then people couldn't pull off that stuff.

Classic Halo is just a disc away. It's not like 343i pulled a Lucas and destroyed all old Halos so you could never experience them again.

I watched the episode, was entertained. Same spaces, was not surprised.

Watercooler moments can't happen for me because all of my friends are busy talking about blops2 at the watercooler. Also one of the mission titles is "
Everything went wrong
" should totes be the new OT

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I could'nt agree more. And Am a man who never complaints . But having spend much time on this game, And realising each minutt passing that this is not Halo. You really dropped the ball on several things. join in progress when the other team nearing victory is BS. Spartans never die no matter what you hit them with. Hard shield is total BS. Whats so different about it from Reach Armor lock? When I ampty the whole DMR clip on someones face and they dont die cuz of ur so old server. ( here is s tip, Dedicated servers) so I have to use the sec. weapon to kill them but I cant., u know why?1- Latency and shitty servers with full of lag. 2- Cus some smart *** in 343 thought of Hard shield so when their shield gos down, I can just activated and walk sideways like some sea crab(crap) and hid behind cover. Where dos that leave me with no more bullets? instatnt response? WOW.
Am 30 y old and have been Halo fan since CE. never Complaint, Always loved the games and still got every copy. I really thought you were some savers after What shitty game bungie released with HR. But now, U really are the same all of ya. Trying going after COD. Well here is something for ya. I will break uit down the easy way so you can understand it smart ****. HALO 3 had more players and increasing fans. Halo reach dicreased the series fan and players. Halo 4 same as reach adn decreasing everyday. 1+1=2. so for that, KMA ( If you are smart enough to figure this out)

What the hell. Thanks Monday morning.

Crazyorloco

You remind me of a girl I once knew in high school. We hooked up once but then she wanted to get all serious and attention seek-y, so I called it quits. She is now the single mother of two children at the age of 21 and collecting unemployment.

What's wrong with being single, A parent, and collecting unemployment? If they're laid off they are entitled to it to help them. People need to come harder with their "insults" here or just stay on topic.

OT, I'm on SR35 now. I just experienced the loadout resetting bug. I was with a my friends, a group of 4 and we all experienced it at the same time. I'm glad I didn't have a lot of loadouts made (only 2) so it was kinda easy to remember what I had before. I got so use to my loadouts though so I struggled a bit for that whole match.

For people who didn't get the LE, are they just stuck at SR-70? I figured once you hit 70 the game would start making more specializations available, even if only a one or two at a time.

Top Bottom