• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Redford

aka Cabbie
I would say Abandon over Haven for the hopefully temporary reason that instant spawn affects it a bit less on a control level. Haven can feel like a bowl of clusterfuck some games, which gets exhausting.

If they ever get rid of instant I'll gladly call it the best map in H4.

---

Also looking at the detached turret achiever, they should have based the achievements around each specialization in addition to making them a bit more reasonable.

Never had a problem in Halo 2 or 3. Reach was fine too, most of the time.
I think it's the matchmaking, matching me up against full teams.

Going up against full teams, when you go in alone is awful. Especially when no one on your team wants to work together/are awful/don't have mics

Oh wait the smaller more arena like map is the favorite Halo map AGAIN?

Sweet...

Lets make some more BTB maps.

To be fair the maps in the DLC packs have been in development and release schedules far before the game even released. Sure they can tweak settings but overall the maps in each pack and their respective sizes were already set in stone. The post release feedback would not affect that.

Also I suspect 343i cater more for Infinity based play and their new sandbox with the view that competitives will just Forge what they want map wise anyhow. Personally I think the smoothness of the Forge objects lends itself to competitive play far more than say organic style objects like rocks or custom objects in developer maps. If you look at the "loved maps" from competitive players you have very smooth and clean objects/surfaces e.g. the pit, narrows, amplified, construct, lockout, midship, sanctuary, warlock, ivory tower, guardian.

All of these have very little clutter or objects on walkways etc. I agree for the "classic or slayer pro or CTF" playlists 343i need to have some small maps with very clean/flat surfaces and very little clutter. If they are developer made over Forge map then the textures and objects etc are far more interesting for spectators and help with variety over repetitive Forge maps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
There's a huge divide in the community atm, MLG pushing to only get their name out and the community wanting to do something different. Fun times!

A "pro" playlist most definitely should NOT have the MLG name on it. COD isn't doing it that way, and the way MLG has treated Halo lately, there's no reason to feel an obligation to do that anyhow.

Hopefully that shit gets ironed out and hopefully they are working to add more competitive modes/shit to Halo 4.

I don't even know why we attempted to do it with the iron skull, my neck was crippled, my face was dejected.

Also, we got to the ghost part in our first playthrough, before I accidentally pressed restart mission, instead of revert back to last checkpoint, people were not happy. Ha, ha.

Just did it... Solo... Heroic... Got checkpoints but didnt need them lol.

15 minutes.

We made a 15 minute job last hours. I think this is the funniest/ worst night of Halo ever!

Playing that mission co op was actually really fun lol

What's the best map in this game?

Solace.

Omwe0.png

Or Haven, whatever.

Havok

Spawned into a Big Team game on Ragnarok, enemy team had two binary rifles sitting on the hill and a beam rifle at the Pelican. As I pushed up the creek to try and flank them, their Mantis cut me off with a rocket to the face.

Big Team is such a joke in this game. All those invisible people clamoring for Heavies to be added to Reach must be super happy with Halo 4.

Louis Wu

Holy crap - I just noticed that if you're looking at your stats on Halo Waypoint (app.halowaypoint.com) and you hit the little 'i' in the bottom left corner, you can turn off the animated background!

Way cool. That annoyed me. ;)

willow ve

Holy crap - I just noticed that if you're looking at your stats on Halo Waypoint (app.halowaypoint.com) and you hit the little 'i' in the bottom left corner, you can turn off the animated background!

Amazing. Thanks Wu - that was really annoying for me too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Awesome. Thanks for this.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

Also, Ninja's doing AGL customs. Extraction, slayer, and ball so far and all looked pretty good IMO.

EDIT #2: lol, have Formal's stream open too and he's non-stop bitching. "These kids are objective nerds. They're not good!"

Both streams running up in here and you're just getting outplayed in objectives with fairly even teams otherwise, lolololol.

Tunavi

Banned

it looks like you have to do it everytime you go on the site

still, it loads much faster with it off. good find.

Homeboyd

This is almost new thread worthy.

WHO LET THIS THREAD DIE FOR 40 MINUTES COME ON NOW

I'm conflicted if I should work on my weapon sandbox or... actually play Halo 4. *gasp*

Top Bottom