• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Tunavi

Banned
kyle loves halo 3 so much but he's so fucking bad at it
It's like universally the worst map in the game and yet people vote for it constantly.

I don't get how so many people can like something so bad.

Reminds me of republicans.
complex isn't that bad.

play ocarina of time.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Master Chief being
the ONE really killed it for me.
But yeah, I like that he is a little less robot like.
They took away a lot of how badass the Chief was by saying
"It was me, I planned this forever ago/geas bullshit" - Librarian, space Jesus bullshit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
OT but I've been playing ACIII the last few days, and it's really awesome.

Not quite as good as II, but it's a great game. Right behind Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for GOTY.

So yeah, Halo 2.

JsHc9.jpg

click to biggen
P4orv.jpg
it's sexy.

I reckon they vote for it because it is lopsided and not a "fair" fight. They hope to have the advantageous position on the map and not allow any of the opposition to push them out of the middle structure or off the roof of the middle building. People did this all the time on Sword Base - vote for what you can easily win.

Speaking of which, why are there so many maps with an advantageous middle structure? Exile, Complex, Vortex, Longbow (in Slayer), and Abandon (probably the worst offender) all are maps that guarantee a win as long as you take the center base.

willow ve

Speaking of which, why are there so many maps with an advantageous middle structure? Exile, Complex, Vortex, Longbow (in Slayer), and Abandon (probably the worst offender) all are maps that guarantee a win as long as you take the center base.

This is made doubly so by personal ordnance and lack of global ordnance regularity. In past Halo games a team couldn't hole up in a single spot and camp to victory quite so easily. Eventually a rocket launcher would spawn elsewhere on the map and you would either have to go get it or be decimated by the team that did get it.

Now you just take the central base and keep the flow of personal ordnance power weapons raining down at your feet. No need to ever move anywhere but the most advantageous central spot on each map.

Halo 5: Space Jesus Returns

Halo 5:The Resurrection of the Cortana

Hologram is simply the greatest tool to counter Boltshot users. I was playing on Adrift earlier and I'd send a hologram out up the hallway and sure enough from the shadows emerges a Spartan. He blows his load and is helpless now that he's out in the open with his pants down. If this only happened once I'd say I got lucky but this was happening all day. Hilarious. I love holograms in Halo 4. I just wish they'd stay deployed for longer.

Homeboyd

He built that starting from that flat piece of grass? I mean Jesus. This is what map making should be. As simple as this map is, the tools to take it from a flat, green grid to that is pretty amazing. People are going to go nuts with this thing. Screw it if the multiplayer isn't very fun, that editor is god damn amazing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
"One of the keys to the success of the story is, we didn't pump a lot of time into figuring out who the Master Chief was, and why he was a ghost in a shell. He is a husk. He is a big green suit of armor that you move around."​

--Joe Staten

Pretty much.

Halo 4 was about as good story wise as it could've been, but anything focusing on the Chief is going to get old and stale fast. He doesn't have an interesting backstory, his biggest character trait is literally deus ex machina.

If Cortana doesn't come back then I won't be interested in the campaign at all.

Also; Spops is on hiatus? Was there a cliffhanger or something? I don't have any idea what the fuck was going on.

Enfinit

Anybody need a specialization code? Live just sent me one and I already have them unlocked. PM me nudes if you want it.

jk

TCKaos

Also; Spops is on hiatus? Was there a cliffhanger or something? I don't have any idea what the fuck was going on.

Yeah. It ends with
Halsey being put back in lockdown, Thorne being missing and/or captured by the Storm, and Crimson completely surrounded by Storm troops

blamite

Yeah. It ends with
Halsey being put back in lockdown, Thorne being missing and/or captured by the Storm, and Crimson completely surrounded by Storm troops
I wish we could get rid of the idea that this Covenant Faction is called the Storm. That was never stated anywhere, ever.

Dont worry guys only 2 more years until Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign + map pack for Halo 5! :D

Fixed

its not that bad. I don't vote for it but its not even close to being as bad as uncaged.

Isolation>Complex>>>>>Chiron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uncaged

The rooftop is slowly turning into a death trap these days even for camo pros. IS is absolutely dreadful on the map, without a doubt.

^Yes Hydra, Hologram is pretty amazing and a viable counter to most of the others AA's in the game.

Omni

They took away a lot of how badass the Chief was by saying
"It was me, I planned this forever ago/geas bullshit" - Librarian, space Jesus bullshit.

You know, I don't think the
Librarian
was referring to the Chief specifically, more so Humanity as a whole. As you'll recall
she says that the geas within Chief had to be unlocked... Like it wasn't ready naturally

At least that's what I got out of it. Haven't read the books in a while, so I've forgotten how they work.

kylej

Banned
if you updated halo 3 with proper netcode and gave it hitscan weapons it would be cool. and increased movement speed a hair.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You know, I don't think the
Librarian
was referring to the Chief specifically, more so Humanity as a whole. As you'll recall
she says that the geas within Chief had to be unlocked... Like it wasn't ready naturally

At least that's what I got out of it. Haven't read the books in a while, so I've forgotten how they work.

It's just an eventuality, a ripple effect through time that was made to end up at that point.

Still essentially the same thing.

blamite

Storm Rifle. That's it, as far as I could tell.

That, and one class of enemies being called Storm. But that's because they;re supposed to storm things, like Snipers snipe. But they're not called "Snipe Covenent" just because they have snipers!

Karl2177

Have the whole song more or less memorized. Just a nerd moment from the past that never went away.

Dual M6C's cause I roll like John Woo
Spraying hot lead have them screaming what who

Clockin' headshots like it's goin' out style
Leave you and your homies in a big ass pile

Fuck. I'm watching it again.

malfcn

That, and one class of enemies being called Storm. But that's because they;re supposed to storm things, like Snipers snipe. But they're not called "Snipe Covenent" just because they have snipers!

That's the biggest problem when the story. It assumes you know a lot, especially from the books. Elites are supposed to be friendly, yet they are just a "fanatical group" with no real explanation. A lot of details are just glossed over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know what else is stupid?

Whether you did absolute shit and won and whether you did amazing and won barely gives you any difference in XP at the end of it all. Which makes that DewXP video even sillier.

Top Bottom