• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

BlackTron

rPCmzWn.jpg

wa600

Don't wanna upset the terrorists.

Just looked it up, that response from police is awful

You can even find what happened. Someone from the pro-palestinian crowd tried to rip off his sign. Then there is some minor pushing between the two. Guy with his poster then tries to get out of the situation and thats when police storm in to arrest him.
Like wtf.. dude gets attacked and then arrested. I see videos from UK and US police where they tolerate almost any harassment from the one side, but seem very fast to intervene when roles look reversed.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Rishi Sunak recently said his government would support the police when they take action against pro Hamas. Was that just a bunch of BS?

Objectively they wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court for arresting/detaining somebody for that placard. Hamas is a proscribed terrorist organization under UK law.

There had to be more to it than that, and the guy's reaction in the video indicated that.

The issue is the two-tier policing, and that will change once enough money ends up getting paid out in settlements for wrongful arrest/detainment, in much the same way that cases of people getting settlements for unfair dismissal/treatment on the part of "woke" ideology happen quite often, but aren't given much media coverage.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I see videos from UK and US police where they tolerate almost any harassment from the one side, but seem very fast to intervene when roles look reversed.
Of course, there are just a few anti-Hamas and they tend to be well behaved. The pro-hamas are out in mobs and are savage fanatics.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Like wtf.. dude gets attacked and then arrested. I see videos from UK and US police where they tolerate almost any harassment from the one side, but seem very fast to intervene when roles look reversed.
Partially it is a weird admission that capitulating to the mob prevents the manifestations from escalating, but hopefully it is not part of any “punching down vs punching up” kind of training.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
He's Jewish. It's the saddest thing seeing a Jew hate himself so much that he's willing to excuse anything. But that's mostly what's happening in progressive circles, they're all about hate.

Was spending the night on Discord with some friends I met from the local synagogue last year (when I started trying to learn more about Judaism). We were watching the Oscars and the party went from fun to just depressing within an instant when he spoke. Everyone just deflated.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Was spending the night on Discord with some friends I met from the local synagogue last year (when I started trying to learn more about Judaism). We were watching the Oscars and the party went from fun to just depressing within an instant when he spoke. Everyone just deflated.
The film is about a Nazi making himself a life for himself next to a concentration camp. I mean, it's some kind of stockholm syndrome. I haven't seen the movie so maybe he ends up moving to Gaza.

Woggleman

I seriously do not understand how in less than a decade the left went from being firmly against anti-semitism to embracing an ideology that hates Jewish people and makes the most hardcore religious right Christians looks progressive. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The left has become everything liberalism used to claim to be against and now that rightwing populism is becoming popular they want to play the victim. I am not a fan of it either but it is a monster they helped to create.

Doomtrain

I seriously do not understand how in less than a decade the left went from being firmly against anti-semitism to embracing an ideology that hates Jewish people and makes the most hardcore religious right Christians looks progressive. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The left has become everything liberalism used to claim to be against and now that rightwing populism is becoming popular they want to play the victim. I am not a fan of it either but it is a monster they helped to create.
Not even a decade. Feels like barely a year ago when the progressive left was slamming Harry Potter for being antisemitic.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

All the sane progressives were accused of being bigots. The goal posts moved so far to the left that it has become a purity test. You either believe 100% the gospel, or you are a far right nazi.

All that are remaining are the most regressive, hateful, bigotted people that are no different than Nazis and KKK. Just with a slightly different mask/hat.

Last edited:

Woggleman

All the sane progressives were accused of being bigots. The goal posts moved so far to the left that it has become a purity test. You either believe 100% the gospel, or you are a far right nazi.

All that are remaining are the most regressive, hateful, bigotted people that are no different than Nazis and KKK. Just with a slightly different mask/hat.
This is true and it is ironic that they accuse people of being Nazis while they spout anti-semitism.

It's weird how in the 90s and 2000s I was a raging liberal and used to get into arguments with conservatives now people with my views are considered a rightwingers in many circles. My opinions have not changed that much.

Hoddi

The 'left' spent the entire past decade explaining how the term Zionist was just a racist dogwhistle for Jews. But it apparently only applies when spoken by right-wingers.

Those same people have now fully embraced it and they don't even see the irony.

Zathalus

It's prob a one off.

But the reality is, Arab refugees from the Syrian war came west. Strange none of them fled to other Arab countries.
Most of them did actually flee to other Arab countries such as Turkey and Lebanon. But you are talking about 10 million people here so it's no wonder they spread everywhere.

LQX

I have come around on this conflict, especially in regards to the support it is now getting from the US in contrast to Ukraine/Russia conflict. Israel has beaten Palestine into the fucking ground and we are throwing them more aid while seemingly trying to pull back in regards to Ukraine fighting a much more important conflict. Also, how the fuck is Israel not able to stop the protests on their end blocking aid from getting in? Starving a population should not be in the game plan. Seeing those people in action has really opened my eyes in regards to the back and forth hatred going on at the borders. The US and other countries should not have to parachute in food supplies or build ports while their ally has total control of the roads. That is some fuckery I cant believe Israel of all countries is allowing to happen.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I have come around on this conflict, especially in regards to the support it is now getting from the US in contrast to Ukraine/Russia conflict. Israel has beaten Palestine into the fucking ground and we are throwing them more aid while seemingly trying to pull back in regards to Ukraine fighting a much more important conflict. Also, how the fuck is Israel not able to stop the protests on their end blocking aid from getting in? Starving a population should not be in the game plan. Seeing those people in action has really opened my eyes in regards to the back and forth hatred going on at the borders. The US and other countries should not have to parachute in food supplies or build ports while their ally has total control of the roads. That is some fuckery I cant believe Israel of all countries is allowing to happen.
There are more food trucks coming into Gaza that have ever been before the war. The problem of starvation is not Israel's fault, it's the UN/UNRWA unable to tame Hamas and actually deliver goods across the strip. Israel is not blocking anything, and the protests don't do much either way. Food is coming, there was a video a few weeks ago of Gazans eating from a full gyro of shawarma.

And honestly, the war would've been over if Gaza did actually have a humanitarian crisis because the Hamas people who are not at the top wouldn't want to see their families starve and they would've revolted.

Also, Israel has no obligation to put food in the mouths of Gazans.

Jinzo Prime

You are weak and easily manipulated.

VortexCortex

Neo Member

Has this ever happened before in Times Square?

In the City hurt and torn back in 2001 because of radicalists sharing this religion.

How the fuck are New Yorkers allowing this? Surely they have mosques to do this in?

This Frankfurt, apparently.
lWZ8FwF.jpg

Years ago and I mean, years ago, I remember the world having colourful and traditional Christmas stuff in December, not anymore. Dull and drab now, with the spirit of it pretty much gone from my experience in the UK.
But they are allowed this?
How the hell has it come to all of this in the West?

DeaDPo0L84

One word, Trump. Anything he says/does they simply do the opposite no matter how insane it is. If he says 2+2=4 they'll say "Well actually if the 2 identifies as a 3 the answer would be 5". Identity politics has essentially ruined politics moving forward, don't really see how we get past this. It's why you have so many old school liberals or people in the middle who feel abandoned. November will be one heck of an election.

Tik Tok…young generation with a super fast spread of information for good or ill. Propaganda similarly works both ways.

yansolo

scenes like the ones posted in new york with the prayers have been happening around eastern Europe and the Mediterranean for years, whenever any concern was shown by native citizens they would just be labelled racists, or islamophobes, nazis etc (the usual buzz words), now that its happening on the doorstep of americans and other western countries that are new to this type of thing, maybe the people will realize whats really going on

All the while there's a push in England to give visas to the Palestinians in Gaza to come and live in England. It's utter insanity. Watch my words, if that happens then England will go on a huge down fall very, very fast.

Last edited:

Woggleman

There was a time when most Israelis supported a two state solution. The Palestinians could have had peace, land and the tight to chart their own destiny.

All they had to do was recognize Israel's right to exist and stop attacking them. They refused to do that so this is the result.

What is happening is awful but Hamas and those who refuse peace sealed their fate.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Great writeup on reddit:

I think Hamas really thought it was going to get a street-by-street battle in Gaza City with a few dozen Palestinian casualties each week matched by a few dozen Israeli casualties, and that they would force the IDF to a stalemate followed by a withdrawal.

And Hamas probably calculated that it would get exactly the same sympathy for a few dozen casualties per week out of the broader west that it has gotten for 30,000+ casualties. I think Hamas is right on this point - the imagery is what matters, not the number of bodies, at least for shaping public perception. The problem for Hamas is that 10/7 was itself a total shitshow. They were too successful because the IDF was really caught completely unaware and as a result Hamas had too much time in the Kibbutzen and at the rave to murder and rape. It's also not 1968 any more, so a lot of it was captured on video. The attack provoked a much more powerful response from Israel than Hamas was anticipating, a response that Hamas thought would be impossible given the political orientation of Israel and the power of the wider Palestinian/Arab diaspora in the U.S. But in the face of 10/7 the response was just like the U.S. response to Peal Harbor or 9/11 - the enemy bit off too much.

Post-war Gaza might look a lot like post-war Berlin in 1945. With much of Gaza physically destroyed by war, the remaining population may be less inclined to continue the struggle against Israel. This is the irony of war: small defeats encourage the defeated to dig in and continue the struggle, but massive defeats show the defeated that there is no point in continuing the struggle. During the reconstruction period that will follow, every Palestinian is going to have real skin in the game when they decide how to move forward.

This isn't 2005 where a voter is turning to Hamas because Hamas vows to continue the fight against Israel and never give up - because now Palestinian civilians have a peek at how disastrous defeat can actually be, including that such a defeat may actually impact them directly rather than just abstractly (unlike the 2018 and 2021 skirmishes, which only impacted non-combatant civilians indirectly through the security cordon and the like).

This is how peace in Israel can actually be forged. Not through endless small squabbles that end in a ceasefire and ambiguity about who "won" the skirmish. Israel needs to give the Palestinians the benefit of seeing a total defeat so that they know what will come next time 40,000 of their sons sign up to be terrorists to pull off another 10/7. You won't see mothers praising their sons for joining Hamas after this conflict, because everyone will know where that road leads and it isn't somewhere the vast majority of Palestinians will want to go. The technological advantage of the IDF coupled with the lack of Palestinian allies in the region taking up arms against Israel (even Hizbollah left them hanging) shows that there is no "low-tech" homemade rocket/tunnel strategy that can defeat a world power like Israel. There literally is no point to launching a future conflict because it cannot be won. The allies taught that lesson to the Germans and Japanese in 1945 and the Palestinians are learning it now.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Great writeup on reddit:

I think Hamas really thought it was going to get a street-by-street battle in Gaza City with a few dozen Palestinian casualties each week matched by a few dozen Israeli casualties, and that they would force the IDF to a stalemate followed by a withdrawal.

And Hamas probably calculated that it would get exactly the same sympathy for a few dozen casualties per week out of the broader west that it has gotten for 30,000+ casualties. I think Hamas is right on this point - the imagery is what matters, not the number of bodies, at least for shaping public perception. The problem for Hamas is that 10/7 was itself a total shitshow. They were too successful because the IDF was really caught completely unaware and as a result Hamas had too much time in the Kibbutzen and at the rave to murder and rape. It's also not 1968 any more, so a lot of it was captured on video. The attack provoked a much more powerful response from Israel than Hamas was anticipating, a response that Hamas thought would be impossible given the political orientation of Israel and the power of the wider Palestinian/Arab diaspora in the U.S. But in the face of 10/7 the response was just like the U.S. response to Peal Harbor or 9/11 - the enemy bit off too much.

Post-war Gaza might look a lot like post-war Berlin in 1945. With much of Gaza physically destroyed by war, the remaining population may be less inclined to continue the struggle against Israel. This is the irony of war: small defeats encourage the defeated to dig in and continue the struggle, but massive defeats show the defeated that there is no point in continuing the struggle. During the reconstruction period that will follow, every Palestinian is going to have real skin in the game when they decide how to move forward.

This isn't 2005 where a voter is turning to Hamas because Hamas vows to continue the fight against Israel and never give up - because now Palestinian civilians have a peek at how disastrous defeat can actually be, including that such a defeat may actually impact them directly rather than just abstractly (unlike the 2018 and 2021 skirmishes, which only impacted non-combatant civilians indirectly through the security cordon and the like).

This is how peace in Israel can actually be forged. Not through endless small squabbles that end in a ceasefire and ambiguity about who "won" the skirmish. Israel needs to give the Palestinians the benefit of seeing a total defeat so that they know what will come next time 40,000 of their sons sign up to be terrorists to pull off another 10/7. You won't see mothers praising their sons for joining Hamas after this conflict, because everyone will know where that road leads and it isn't somewhere the vast majority of Palestinians will want to go. The technological advantage of the IDF coupled with the lack of Palestinian allies in the region taking up arms against Israel (even Hizbollah left them hanging) shows that there is no "low-tech" homemade rocket/tunnel strategy that can defeat a world power like Israel. There literally is no point to launching a future conflict because it cannot be won. The allies taught that lesson to the Germans and Japanese in 1945 and the Palestinians are learning it now.

There's a difference here this writer ignores - religion. Japanese and Germans weren't driven by jihadists who wanted to convert the world. Hamas is not driven by conquering Israel, it's driven by killing Jews, and the brainwashed kids in UNRWA schools are in the same boat.

They will only see this as setback, and that is why Hamas must be wiped out. Israel has realized there's truly no partner not only for peace, but for a status-quo.

There's a difference here this writer ignores - religion. Japanese and Germans weren't driven by jihadists who wanted to convert the world. Hamas is not driven by conquering Israel, it's driven by killing Jews, and the brainwashed kids in UNRWA schools are in the same boat.

They will only see this as setback, and that is why Hamas must be wiped out. Israel has realized there's truly no partner not only for peace, but for a status-quo.
Right. You can destroy the people, but not the idealogy. There will be an end point to all of this, but it won't be through secular action or reasoning.

jason10mm

Gold Member
In the City hurt and torn back in 2001 because of radicalists sharing this religion.

How the fuck are New Yorkers allowing this? Surely they have mosques to do this in?

This Frankfurt, apparently.
lWZ8FwF.jpg

Years ago and I mean, years ago, I remember the world having colourful and traditional Christmas stuff in December, not anymore. Dull and drab now, with the spirit of it pretty much gone from my experience in the UK.
But they are allowed this?
How the hell has it come to all of this in the West?
Somehow we have created a 'story' that Christmas promotes Christianity/Capitalism and that is a 'colonizer' mindset that should be eradicated. But Ramadan is just POCs expressing their inner beauty and anyone who objects is an -ist/-phobe of some type.

It's an attempt to shift the balance of power away from the traditional institutions that gatekeep access in favor of a newer, more radical intrusive philosophy. Not only are they STILL trying to "get socialism right" they also want to remove the power of the Church. Of course what they don't realize is once Sharia Law comes in to town all those radical elements are second on the chopping block. It's possible we wil see a major relaxation of the more zealous aspects of Islam as it mingles more with the West, but somehow I doubt it. Women gonna get shoved back into their domestic boxes, LGBT+ gonna get shoved off a nearby roof, and for us cishet men, so long as we accept the changing of the guard, life will just go on.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You'll never be able to get rid off 100% ideology that are in bad taste. But to reduce it as much as possible, the best way is to continually lambaste it ad nauseum as a collective front. Kind of like Nazism which has been drilled into people heads since WWII it's bad. So it's the kind of thing that is pretty out of site whereas way back people posted on GAF you'd get giant Nazi/KKK parades in downtown Washington or something and I remember the black and white pictures with shit loads people. It wasnt some rag tag group hicks in pick up trucks wearing jeans with 100 people parading down a small Mississippi town. It was giant organized parades. You'd never get that now. People have been slowly weened off the ideology.

Problem is nobody has the guts to go balls deep on anti-semitism and lets face it, Palestinians and Muslims seem top of the list of Jew haters. I dont see Christians, Buddhists or Hindus going toe to toe hating Jews. So it's a religion and culture thing. So even if Gaza was wiped out, anti-semitism will still continue on from other parts of the world. Governments let things slide with anti-semite protests, university groups, cops turn a blind eye and let mobs fester etc.... It's so lax, the biggest group of people trying to combat this seem like all those Jewish lawyers running law firms that say they wont hire people being discriminatory against Jewish people.

But to be fair, there is one thing that everyone knows about Islam. It's the most volatile religion out there. So it kind of makes sense people and government are weary about trying to stamp out anti-semitism from them because you never know if you'll get a raid, mob swarming, bombing or people getting their heads chopped off. So you got to kind of weigh the risk vs reward. It's like trying to talk to a store manager where you got a raw deal and trying to get a refund. In normal life, you chat with the guy and most of the time he'll agree and refund you your money. Chat like adults. But if the store manager is known to hit customers with a baseball bat, you'd kind of weigh the pros and cons whether to negotiate with the guy and you'd decide to just forget about it because you might get nailed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom