• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

Draikin 2

Can anyone confirm whether or not the cross-buy DLC is actually working in the US? It's odd that the DLC doesn't list both versions in the US, contrary to the EU DLC. Instead, they're being sold separately on the US PlayStation store.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, Ending Medley is going to be a bitch to get a green Clear on with Expert. I just barely got 3 voltage with the 6-sec Rate up effect & an added 49% bonus.

Any way of knowing what else is left to collect for modules & accessories aside from the vague percentage in records? I'm only at 35% modules & 56% accessories despite getting two crystals each, with three in about 2 auras.

Edit: Awww, WHAT. The "beat all songs on Normal/Hard" trophies only count if I do it in free mode?! That's rather tedious......

ChrisD

After spending a lot of time this past week with FT on the MiniCon and DS4, I have to say I still prefer X over it. I've half a mind to write a whole article on it just to do so, lol.

One of the biggest things though (aside from the super well refined Tracklist for me anyways) is the Score system. Cap off Rush notes to not be able to give an endless amount of points, and you have the perfect system in X. And even with Rushes it's still better than any other game in the whole series. I love that I can see progress in my timing accuracy as it reflects in my scores.

The RNG will unfortunately be the thing people remember most from the game.

After spending a lot of time this past week with FT on the MiniCon and DS4, I have to say I still prefer X over it. I've half a mind to write a whole article on it just to do so, lol.

One of the biggest things though (aside from the super well refined Tracklist for me anyways) is the Score system. Cap off Rush notes to not be able to give an endless amount of points, and you have the perfect system in X. And even with Rushes it's still better than any other game in the whole series. I love that I can see progress in my timing accuracy as it reflects in my scores.

The RNG will unfortunately be the thing people remember most from the game.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the removal of the double and chance time per-note bonuses. They don't reflect timing accuracy at all, but it has been a series tradition to weight scoring for certain parts of the song. (To be honest, aside from the time we run score challenges here I completely ignore the score in favor of just looking at the Cool/Good/etc. breakdown.)

I have no strong feelings about the RNG either way because I've never prioritized collecting modules and accessories in the first place. DIVA X's unlock system just makes it so I'll never get it done, whereas in previous games I'll eventually get it all without really trying.

ChrisD

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the removal of the double and chance time per-note bonuses. They don't reflect timing accuracy at all, but it has been a series tradition to weight scoring for certain parts of the song. (To be honest, aside from the time we run score challenges here I completely ignore the score in favor of just looking at the Cool/Good/etc. breakdown.)

I have no strong feelings about the RNG either way because I've never prioritized collecting modules and accessories in the first place. DIVA X's unlock system just makes it so I'll never get it done, whereas in previous games I'll eventually get it all without really trying.

Okay, I will give that Double Notes need their bonus back even if I do suck at hitting them accurately in rapid succession. You can "cheese" through them now with no loss of any sort, and that's no good.

But Chance Time bonuses always bugged me because it encourages nailing one part of the song rather than weighing the whole thing as equal. It makes it to where one portion is more important than the others. You could have a rather large (10+) Fine discrepancy in any other titles and still come ahead with a new record for playing better in the ten~ second portion. This also goes the other way around of course, where you can get 10+ better than a previous record but not know this through the game since you didn't do as well in the CT.

Really though, even if they bring back the features I'll be fine with it so long as they keep scores at the 99,999 (or is it 100k?) baseline; the Double and CT bonus would just be like Rushes then, allowing one to go over that threshold, giving way for both an Accuracy score -and- the classic "Score Attack" score brought on by bonuses. The baseline is so nice because it tells you, at a glance, how well you've done not just on one song but ANY of them. I can go to F2nd right now and find scores of comical numbers. 670,000? Sure, why not, but that's actually not a good score for the song! Meanwhile, others have 500k as a phenomenal score. It's all very inconsistent, and I greatly appreciate that they streamlined it to be more readable.

I definitely can't defend the RNG (and don't see the need to, as it is poorly implemented), but I'm the same in that I don't typically collect the Modules or Accessories. Favorites only here. Though I go even further in caring less about it, in that I don't end up buying them in previous games even when I can haha.

macklelol

My only real concerns with the scoring system is the the distribution of bonus points and maybe that Fine/Goods have too much weight. They're worth like 80% of a Cool, just seems like too much. Can't really complain about it otherwise. Can't say much about chance time as well, it's still worth a good 5,000 points for clearing it and I hated chance time during score challenges.

As for RNG, it sucks but give me the Ribbon Girl module and I'll just deal with it.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Anyone know what this version 1.01 update changes for the game? Trying to find some information online, but no luck yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone know what this version 1.01 update changes for the game? Trying to find some information online, but no luck yet.
Sorry, ignore this, I was thinking of another Vita game that got a 1.01 patch this week.

I'll see what the patch notes say on my Vita copy when I get home in a few hours.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Sorry, ignore this, I was thinking of another Vita game that got a 1.01 patch this week.

I'll see what the patch notes say on my Vita copy when I get home in a few hours.

No worries, and I found out what the patch was for. It adds PSVR capabilities to the game. Basically, you can view the PVs in VR. Going to test it out once I get through playing my other PSVR games.

muteki

No worries, and I found out what the patch was for. It adds PSVR capabilities to the game. Basically, you can view the PVs in VR. Going to test it out once I get through playing my other PSVR games.

I'd be curious to know how this goes.

I still don't have X yet on PS4 but I did play Future Tone last night in Cinematic Mode for shits and giggles and had fun.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I played Hatsune Mike: VR Future Live earlier today and it is a lot of fun. It was so immersive that I felt like I was transported back to the time I was at Miku Expo. It has your waving your glowstick (Move wand) to the rhythm in the manner that the rest of the audience is doing. There are also the tradition star notes to hit with the Circle button on the Move wand.

While more of an interactive concert than a traditional rhythm game, it does a really good job in showcasing how cool this PSVR unit is and what it can do. Going to get around to trying Diva X HD soon.

IpsoFacto

Silly question: Does the Physical US PS4 copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X work on EU / UK PS4 consoles?

Update: According to Play-Asia.com, yes the US copy work on european PS4s. Turns out a lot of PS4 games are region-free.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Silly question: Does the Physical US PS4 copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X work on EU / UK PS4 consoles?
Yes, you just would have to make an US PSN account to get the DLC since EU DLC won't work on US copies & such. Has to be the same region.

Pretty much every PS4 (& Vita) game is region free, it's just DLC that's technically region locked.

Tenshi

Neo Member
The patch to Diva X HD allows you to watch the PVs in the Live Edit section rendered in full VR. You can also change camera angles and such. It looks really good, but beyond that, it's just another way to view PVs. Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live is much more of an interactive experience in terms of gameplay.

That free update to watch concerts in VR is pretty freaking sweet. Been watching concerts for the good part of an hour now. Definitely worth checking out if you own a PSVR.

miku

I've decided to finish this. Nearing the medleys now :)

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/Andrefpvs/live

Edit: Archived here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feqbv-P_gmM (blocked in a few countries, unfortunately)

This video contains content from EXIT TUNES Inc.. It is not available in your country.

Whenever I read this thread and saw people complaining about Urotander, I thought all it would take would be to keep a close eye on the "clock" of the notes instead of the flying notes.

Boy was I wrong! That song is EVIL!

But it was fun! I always laugh when I missed hitting all those notes

Draginite

Neo Member
Eyyy I'm the Sixth Axis reviewer! Thanks for linking my review!

Project Diva X is pretty great, but I ended up picking up the Japan only Future Tone after my time with this game, and....wow. There is just so much stuff in Future Tone, it's kinda mind blowing. Definitely pick that up if you're a Miku fan.

SimonM7

Every time I see that this thread is updated I hope for DLC announcement.

Remember that! Remember that as you all keep breaking my heart!

ChrisD

I'm sorry to break your heart again, but I just got all of my Crystals filled to Level 7. They were mostly at Level 4, but I've played loads these past few days.

Found a combo that got me 360k Voltage per play on Lost One's Weeping. Cool went from being the lowest Level at 3 to being maxed in one day. I love that song, so it was great.

Andrefpvs

I'm sorry to break your heart again, but I just got all of my Crystals filled to Level 7. They were mostly at Level 4, but I've played loads these past few days.

Found a combo that got me 360k Voltage per play on Lost One's Weeping. Cool went from being the lowest Level at 3 to being maxed in one day. I love that song, so it was great.

post combo pls ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Zambayoshi

Just got my platinum a couple of days ago on Vita. Took me around 96 hours in total.

The only bits I really didn't care for were fast-tracking the friendship levels through gift grinding and also doing the multiple sketch book grinding through Ultimate Rampage Medley.

I'm OK getting full voltage on the medley with ultimate costume plus 160% voltage, but it does get hard on the hands after a while (I'm looking at you, Two-Sided Lovers).

Now I'm treating myself by going through all the songs in Extreme on Free Play, which I saved until last. No voltage, no worries :)

Zhao_Yun

Diva X on PS4 will support PS4 Pro.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X HD

• If connected to a TV that supports 4K resolution, you can enjoy the game in 3840×2160 resolution.
  • The image quality of the 3D models have been enhanced.
  • “Photo Studio” mode supports an image reading size of 3840×2160.
  • The PlayStation VR mode has a 90 frames per second support mode.
Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live

• 90 frames per second support mode.
  • The image quality of the 3D models have been enhanced.

http://info.miku.sega.jp/11505
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/list-ps4-pro-enhanced-japanese-games

zMiiChy-

Banned
What on earth do I give the vocaloids for this:

Artistic sense (sort of?)

最近、いろんな歌を歌っていて思うんだ。感性を磨くのも必要なのかもしれないって。とりあえず、日々の暮らしから変えていってみようと思ってるんだけど…部屋に何か置くことで、感性を高めることはできないかな?

"Singing so much lately has been making me think. I need to hone my artistic sense. At any rate, I should probably change something in my day to day life... Is there something you could put in here that would help my artistic sense grow?"

I know the bonsai tree works and that lantern thing works a little bit, but I don't know what else they'll like for this.

miku

What on earth do I give the vocaloids for this:

Artistic sense (sort of?)

最近、いろんな歌を歌っていて思うんだ。感性を磨くのも必要なのかもしれないって。とりあえず、日々の暮らしから変えていってみようと思ってるんだけど…部屋に何か置くことで、感性を高めることはできないかな?

"Singing so much lately has been making me think. I need to hone my artistic sense. At any rate, I should probably change something in my day to day life... Is there something you could put in here that would help my artistic sense grow?"

I know the bonsai tree works and that lantern thing works a little bit, but I don't know what else they'll like for this.

Seasonal items like beach ball, tsukimi dumplings, jack o lantern, christmas stocking, kaito snowman, etc.

Draikin 2

Would anyone happen to have a 4K TV, Project DIVA X and a PS4 Pro? I'm trying to figure out how exactly the game has been "PS4 Pro Enhanced". While this has only been mentioned on the Japanese website, the game in the West is the same version. Project DIVA X also got the PS4 Pro update along with the PlayStation VR update, so it should work in the West as well. The game is supposed to support 4K resolution (maybe even native), but if it does then I'm guessing it doesn't allow for downsampling to 1080P, because I'm not seeing any difference in terms of anti-aliasing on a regular 1080P TV.

Would anyone happen to have a 4K TV, Project DIVA X and a PS4 Pro? I'm trying to figure out how exactly the game has been "PS4 Pro Enhanced". While this has only been mentioned on the Japanese website, the game in the West is the same version. Project DIVA X also got the PS4 Pro update along with the PlayStation VR update, so it should work in the West as well. The game is supposed to support 4K resolution (maybe even native), but if it does then I'm guessing it doesn't allow for downsampling to 1080P, because I'm not seeing any difference in terms of anti-aliasing on a regular 1080P TV.

I don't think the game's art style really lends itself to looking any different with a larger resolution rendering buffer. It sounds like you found the Japanese enhancement notes already, but in case you haven't, it claims native 4K output, enhanced rendering (which can mean anything, really), photo studio output at 4K, and 90fps VR output.

Andrefpvs

I took screenshots before and after I got my PS4 Pro and I don't see any noticeable difference. The shadows are still bad and the aliasing that existed is still there.

The only way I even know the game is running in PS4 Pro mode is because now I can import 4K images in Photo Mode.

Draikin 2

I don't think the game's art style really lends itself to looking any different with a larger resolution rendering buffer. It sounds like you found the Japanese enhancement notes already, but in case you haven't, it claims native 4K output, enhanced rendering (which can mean anything, really), photo studio output at 4K, and 90fps VR output.
I agree that the benefits on downsampling wouldn't make a huge difference visually, but if the game is capable of native 4K output at 60fps, I don't see why it shouldn't run in that mode even when it's connected to a 1080P TV. At the very least, it should improve anti-aliasing. The weird thing is that there don't appear to be any options related to a PS4 Pro mode. In particular I can't save photo studio images in 4K. So I'm trying to figure out if the game unlocks its enhanced mode only when it's connected to a 4K TV. Which would be really odd, but that's the impression I'm getting so far.

The only way I even know the game is running in PS4 Pro mode is because now I can import 4K images in Photo Mode.
That's interesting, I haven't tried that. But can you actually save the screenshots you take in that mode in 4K?

EDIT: So I can indeed import 4K screenshots, but the photos are just reverted to 1080P, which defeats the purpose. I'm not sure if it's different if the game is connected to a 4K.

EDIT 2: Turns out there is a noticeable difference after all on PS4 Pro even in 1080P, but it's not in resolution. More on that later, I'm currently working on an article for my website that talks about these differences in more detail.

EDIT 3: I wrote an article about my findings and made a comparison video. The only difference I noticed so far at 1080P are the higher quality reflections on PS4 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRW8kix1MNY

SimonM7

I wonder if this game will even get any more DLC songs. :/

It's the Miku game with an almost explicit need for DLC, and it's been completely quiet on that front.

bnx

Hm, just got this (and project diva f 2nd for the Vita) in the mail today. I remember importing Project Diva f before it released in the states. I even earned the platinum. Will play through both of them and check out Future Tone.

Mandelbo

I wonder if this game will even get any more DLC songs. :/

It's the Miku game with an almost explicit need for DLC, and it's been completely quiet on that front.

I'm genuinely quite surprised that there haven't been more DLC songs, especially after how many there were for F2nd.

Redhood

To be fair they were remakes of existing songs.

But they also have all the performance from concerts so it was purely a decision taken a lot earlier

SimonM7

You'd think with stage/concert style PV's they'd be able to share some of the concert wealth and add some of the new songs featured in those along with their dance routines.

Top Bottom