• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

ChrisD

I think I can handle most of the Ultimate Medley on Extreme but that last part... that's tough

You mean Intense Voice? That's literally ripped right from F2nd. If you just want to practice that last bit, you'd be learning the same chart while getting to play the song outside of the medley.

You mean Intense Voice? That's literally ripped right from F2nd. If you just want to practice that last bit, you'd be learning the same chart while getting to play the song outside of the medley.

Oh it is? Hmm it's been a while. But I also never perfected that in Extreme either :p

I couldn't even get an excellent on Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku back in F2nd. The 2nd technical zone was just so absurd, I couldn't even see half the notes let alone hit them.

Also I can't stop playing The Lost One's Weeping. Such an awesome song, and the chart reminds me of Two-Sided Lovers. Challenging, but reasonable.

kagamin

I couldn't even get an excellent on Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku back in F2nd. The 2nd technical zone was just so absurd, I couldn't even see half the notes let alone hit them.

Also I can't stop playing The Lost One's Weeping. Such an awesome song, and the chart reminds me of Two-Sided Lovers. Challenging, but reasonable.

You know what reminds me of Two-Sided Lovers? Holy Lance Explosion Boy, its basically just slower that's all. I can easily get an Excellent on the latter but I can only manage a Great on the former (in both F 2nd and Extend, though getting a Great in Extend requires more percentage).

SHarris78

My mini controller just arrived!!!!

On a Sunday??? Without getting any tracking number ???

Nice!

Edit: jeez where did all this lag come from?!?! I left it at zero using a standard controller and it was perfect, using this its not even close! Was hoping not to have to fiddle with the lag settings, I had enough of that with Future Tone.

miku

... Migu?
Celebrities get colds, too.

Migu!

9D2bhqD.jpg

Welp, I think this is about the best I'm going to be able to manage. Might be able to push it to Excellent if I can get the second technical zone down.

I like how you can see the chart go absolutely bonkers when the medley gets to Sadistic Music Factory and Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku. Fuck those songs…..

pariah164

Welp, I think this is about the best I'm going to be able to manage. Might be able to push it to Excellent if I can get the second technical zone down.

I like how you can see the chart go absolutely bonkers when the medley gets to Sadistic Music Factory and Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku. Fuck those songs…..
Great work! I can't manage to even pass that beast, so good on you.

ChrisD

Nice!

Sadistic's chart is definitely the most sadistic. Intense Voice is rapid-fire, but straightforward. Music Factoru just says, "screw you, you're going to get a bit of everything: strings, fast strings, hold notes, arrows, triples, doubles, fast singles, you get all of it, seriously, screw you."

pariah164

I can't wait to finish gathering crystals and going to Free Play. Gotta get those ExPers~.

On anther note, man, going back and playing PDF is jarring. So many missed Star Notes...

Success! (for my skill level)

I can't wait to finish gathering crystals and going to Free Play. Gotta get those ExPers~.

On anther note, man, going back and playing PDF is jarring. So many missed Star Notes...

Yeah I'm glad they got rid of the star-lines and double stars from F2nd. Mashing out the rush notes is so much more satisfying.

Although some of the star-line patterns were kinda cool, like in Clover Club and Blackjack.

pariah164

Success! (for my skill level)

Yeah I'm glad they got rid of the star-lines and double stars from F2nd. Mashing out the rush notes is so much more satisfying.

Although some of the star-line patterns were kinda cool, like in Clover Club and Blackjack.
Grats on the ExExcel!

And not only that, being forced to use the touch screen in PDF... Gah. So terrible. Why they never patched that to include stick option is beyond me.

kagamin

Haha, I still play Project Diva f and F 2nd a lot, and yes its annoying but most of the songs don't really bother me too much in terms of star notes since its impossible to get safe or less on them.

Am I the only one that still does star notes on the touchscreen on Vita, even when playing DIVA X? It's just the most natural movement; I find it easy to miss the analog sticks entirely if you have to do a scratch immediately after a button input.

macklelol

Am I the only one that still does star notes on the touchscreen on Vita, even when playing DIVA X? It's just the most natural movement; I find it easy to miss the analog sticks entirely if you have to do a scratch immediately after a button input.
Nah, I use the touchscreen as well.

kagamin

I had problems with this when I was playing F 2nd and doing Kagerou Days or w/e, but I kinda learned how to do it just fine after watching one of Hisokeee's speedrun streams.

Big Brett

I think I need this game. Haven't played many rhythm games outside of an extensive history with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Is the Vita version good? I could get either Vita or PS4 but I'd prefer having it on the go.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Vita versions tend to have a slight graphical downgrade, but otherwise are fine. I prefer having it portable for easier "pick-up-&-play" along with using my headphones.

Plus you don't have to deal with trying to figure out the timing if your HDTV has some lag.

Big Brett

Vita versions tend to have a slight graphical downgrade, but otherwise are fine. I prefer having it portable for easier "pick-up-&-play" along with using my headphones.

Plus you don't have to deal with trying to figure out the timing if your HDTV has some lag.

Very nice, I like hearing this. Lag is always a headache for me on my TV, so that makes the purchase a much easier decision.

kagamin

Very nice, I like hearing this. Lag is always a headache for me on my TV, so that makes the purchase a much easier decision.

Yea the game is fun and if you like it I recommend picking up F 2nd as the gameplay is very similar (outside of rush notes being exclusive to X and double star notes being exclusive to F 2nd). Project Diva f is digital only outside of Japan and you need to use the touchscreen for star notes, but other than that its fine. For the other two you can use the analog sticks to hit star notes.

ChrisD

I realized after complaining about the touchscreen being unresponsive for at least a *year* that I was just a big dumb who didn't put into account I had a screen protector on. So while I don't think that touchscreen is horrible anymore, I still much prefer sticks. My trick for buttons following immediately before/after a scratch is to sort of bump the stick with your hand rather than actually moving your thumbs.

I think I need this game. Haven't played many rhythm games outside of an extensive history with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Is the Vita version good? I could get either Vita or PS4 but I'd prefer having it on the go.

Vita version is wonderful. No input/audio lag because you're playing off of a handheld rather than a Console wired through display/sound equipment. Not to say you can't achieve the same with TVs, but it requires set-up and eeehhh. The buttons are also really nice for the game.

Though if you've never played the series before you may like to try F2nd first. It's a cheaper buy than X and is just as good from a gameplay standpoint. While I'm a huge fan of X, F2nd is certainly more content-rich.

Big Brett

Though if you've never played the series before you may like to try F2nd first. It's a cheaper buy than X and is just as good from a gameplay standpoint. While I'm a huge fan of X, F2nd is certainly more content-rich.

That's what I'm thinking after a little more research. I'm the type who will want to try to 100%/FC (if that applies in these games?) so having the largest library possible is something I should probably do.

kagamin

That's what I'm thinking after a little more research. I'm the type who will want to try to 100%/FC (if that applies in these games?) so having the largest library possible is something I should probably do.

A perfect in this game is just getting at least a good/fine or cool on every single note, but you can still get better scores than someone who got a perfect if you got more cools in some cases.

TRI Mike

This has probably been answered before but I honestly won't check 11 pages for it.

I read somewhere that both "Hand in hand" and "Sharing the World" are free on the PS4 version, yet they show up as paid DLC. Is the DLC cross-buy between versions¿ I'd like the get the songs and Snow Miku 2016 costume but I don't wanna buy it twice so...

This has probably been answered before but I honestly won't check 11 pages for it.

I read somewhere that both "Hand in hand" and "Sharing the World" are free on the PS4 version, yet they show up as paid DLC. Is the DLC cross-buy between versions¿ I'd like the get the songs and Snow Miku 2016 costume but I don't wanna buy it twice so...

It's only free in Japan for PS4, where the Vita version launched back in March. For every other region it must be purchased regardless of console. It is cross-buy, just like all other DLC for the game.

I keep trying to care about this, but after a song or two end up shutting it off and going back to playing Future Tone instead :\

TRI Mike

It's only free in Japan for PS4, where the Vita version launched back in March. For every other region it must be purchased regardless of console. It is cross-buy, just like all other DLC for the game.

Thanks a lot. I'll be buying that DLC then. Also, have you guys heard anything about a possible Future Tone localization¿

Safros

Was wondering why the Miku P4D module DLC was getting such low reviews, so I bought it and it turns out that it can't be downloaded.

Safros

No, it started downloading the demo for me when I tried to last night. Now it doesn't do anything for me, again.

miku

Finally got the game yesterday. Don't really like the random module drop. Have around 60 right now and already getting a bunch of repeats. I think it said there are over 300 modules...?

hamchan

Ai Dee might be the best vocaloid song I've ever heard in terms of sounding like it could be actual humans singing it.

Finally got the game yesterday. Don't really like the random module drop. Have around 60 right now and already getting a bunch of repeats. I think it said there are over 300 modules...?

Yup, 300 modules. Have fun.

Ai Dee might be the best vocaloid song I've ever heard in terms of sounding like it could be actual humans singing it.

Mitchie M is a tuning magician. News 39 and Burenai Ai de are also really good out of his more recent stuff.

Kyonashi

My import copy arrived yesterday :) I'm in the UK and wanted a physical copy.

Definitely missed playing this game even if I am a little rusty, my last one was F on PS3, in which I don't think I finished all the songs on Hard, so that's my goal for this one - don't think I'll ever be able to 100% Extreme mode!

Orcastar

Never played any of these games before, but I tried the demo the other day and was surprised how much I liked it. Been considering getting the full game, but from what I've read, F 2nd would be the better buy? Almost ordered a US version of F 2nd yesterday before realising that I wouldn't be able to get any DLC for it on my European Vita. I bet if I buy it on PSN now it'll go on sale the very next day...

Never played any of these games before, but I tried the demo the other day and was surprised how much I liked it. Been considering getting the full game, but from what I've read, F 2nd would be the better buy? Almost ordered a US version of F 2nd yesterday before realising that I wouldn't be able to get any DLC for it on my European Vita. I bet if I buy it on PSN now it'll go on sale the very next day...

F2nd is available as a physical cartridge in Europe as well, I just don't know how hard it'd be to find right now.
I think F2nd is more of a "pure" rhythm game with no extra fluff like the (quite frankly bad) story mode X has. It also has more songs (40 + 16 DLCs against the 30 + 2 DLCs that X has), but some mechanics aren't great (linked star notes can really be hit or miss).

X removed linked star notes, but also removed any kind of ingame currency, which means you unlock everything via RNG. Song selection itself is quite nice, but it SEVERELY lacks non-Miku songs. The game does let you jump straight to Extreme after finishing it on Normal though, unlike F2nd which has you play the Hard version as well.

All in all I think I liked F 2nd more, but X isn't a bad game at all if you can deal with RNG outfits/accessories and tacked on story mode :)

Mandelbo

F2nd has some wonky mechanics imo (double and line star notes are terrible), but the base game has more songs, even more if you count DLC. It also doesn't have the story mode stuff that X has, and you don't have to grind for modules since you can just buy them using credits you get for beating songs. Personally I'd go with F2nd over X.

edit: also how well you do in songs isn't influenced by what modules and accessories you're using, which is a plus to me! Finishing an event with only one mistake to find that you failed because you weren't using the right modules is infuriating!

Zambayoshi

Finally managed to clear Ultimate Rampage Medley in the event request section, but didn't get the Dimensional module because I couldn't fill the chance time :-( It's that second half with the rapid-fire notes that gets me every time.

Anyone got some advice on how best to fill the chance time star? Obviously I will be practicing, but if there are any modules that could help, I'd be grateful to know!

Edit: Used the CT Safety Judge module (a cute module) to get close enough to clear chance time.... but then got the module taken away from me because my voltage wasn't high enough. I've never been so disappointed...

VICTORY EDIT: GOT IT!!!!! CT Safety Judge for the win!!!

SHarris78

Ai Dee is the only vocaloid song I truly dislike, and it's purely because of the cringe factor of Lukas English lyrics. A shame really because other than that the song is pretty good.

pariah164

Ai Dee is the only vocaloid song I truly dislike, and it's purely because of the cringe factor of Lukas English lyrics. A shame really because other than that the song is pretty good.
Wasn't Luka's whole thing that she was the first Vocaloid to be bilingual? I think that's why she uses English (or more accurately, Engrish) in her bits.

Mandelbo

Just quoting myself from the Future Tone OT:

If anyone's interested, I've made a MikuGAF PSN community so people can post their high scores and stupid pictures in there. I thought it'd be nice to have a central place for the people on here that play the Diva games, especially given that there're two active ones on PS4 right now!

I've got it associated with Project Diva X, but you should be able to find it by searching MikuGAF in the communities tab. It's invite only at the moment, so please do send a request to join if you want!

Come and join! :D

miku

Ai Dee is amazing, it and A Single Red Leaf are my favourites. Kinda wish the latter wasn't one of the easiest in the game though. And Love Song is super cute.

I can confirm Ai Dee is best song in DIVAX

Top Bottom