• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

ChrisD

Ai Dee is also a funny way of spelling Streaming Heart.

Also, the unlock rate for the Ultimate Module is a lie. Been trying to get Luka's for the past hour.

Streaming Heart gets played so much on my iPod/iTunes that I don't play it much and sometimes forget it's in, heh.
lol

So do you guys always chooses the same 3 songs for the Festival?

Nah, mix it up. It's really cool hearing all the different songs with the special cuts and the (AWESOME) crowd sound effects.

The "yeah!"s and cheering add a lot.

macklelol

Patchwork Staccato is my favorite song in X, I usually forget that Streaming Heart and Ai Dee are even in the game most of the time lol.

pariah164

My top 3 favorites are probably Streaming Heart, Brain Revolution Girl, and Amazing Dolce. All the songs are pretty awesome though. I'm even warming up to the medleys.

lol

So do you guys always chooses the same 3 songs for the Festival?

Ai no Uta, Brain Revolution Girl and Raspberry Monster, yes.

The amount of grind in this game really does feel like too much. They're stretching how many times people have to play these 30 songs.

This game broke me. I never finished collecting all the modules because The Grind was that heavy. By the end of my run I'd completely moved to Free Play for the extreme perfects, but The Grind had gotten me kinda sick of most of the songs. Honestly, I went back to F 2nd and never looked back. X is a mess.

hamchan

The amount of grind in this game really does feel like too much. They're stretching how many times people have to play these 30 songs.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
How does one get their save from the import Vita version uploaded? My partner has been trying and we've been having no luck at all.

How does one get their save from the import Vita version uploaded? My partner has been trying and we've been having no luck at all.
You have to perform a cross save from your import version, which uploads your save data to the server. Then, using the same PSN account, perform a cross save load from the main menu. If the cross save process times out the server might be down (happened the first day I tried it) but should work if you try again later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know if it's because the song list isn't grabbing me as much, I've just got a ton of other games at the same time I'm trying to balance out, the new module/accessory drop system, but for some reason, I'm finding it kind of hard to come back & continue playing. It doesn't have the same appeal as the F series did. But again, I think it doesn't help I have a ton of other games (God Eater Resurrection & 2, some PSN stuff I bought on sale, Touhou Bullet Ballet, Picross 3D 2, & a few more), & it won't help considering games I'm getting next month that'll also be on Vita.

Finished the Quirky Cloud, completing all five of them. Urotander seems to have an early Chance Time for grinding for modules. Does the difficulty affect the chances of which modules you earn?

Also freakin' hell, the sketchbook is back with its 12 damn random events & the quiz show having 10. At least that guide I previously linked to is fully updated now with likes & dislikes and mentioning which items trigger events.

& why haven't I been collecting anything for the Art Gallery? I still only have the opening video.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it the usual "random loading screen picture" like in the previous games?

Edit: Cool, did the 3rd Event Request & got the 10 million volts trophy.

FINALLY, I can play on Hard & Extreme.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So I'm on my second playthrough of the story mode to try and unlock the Ultimate Melody. Got a few of the crystals, and notice you can continue accumulating voltage in each of the clouds. Any reason you want to continue to do this after unlocking Ultimate Melody? I think I'm ready to call this game 'done' when I get all the songs cleared on Hard.

So I'm on my second playthrough of the story mode to try and unlock the Ultimate Melody. Got a few of the crystals, and notice you can continue accumulating voltage in each of the clouds. Any reason you want to continue to do this after unlocking Ultimate Melody? I think I'm ready to call this game 'done' when I get all the songs cleared on Hard.

You unlock events that unlock element-themed modules for each character with each successive filled crystal in an area.

Draikin 2

projectdivaxmodule-diigr0e.jpg

Luckily the Dimensional module also drops in the Eight Festival, as I'm not even close to completing the quest where it's a guaranteed drop. The festivals appear to be a good way of unlocking those last rare modules you're missing. I unlocked all of Miku's modules now.

For those who played F and F 2nd, what's your opinion on the grind required to unlock the modules in Project DIVA X? While I dislike the random drops for several reasons, in terms of time spent to unlock them, it's starting to look like it might not be as bad as I expected. At least, if you focus everything on unlocking modules.

hamchan

They want you to do it at least 7 (!) times for the trophy.

muteki

Luckily the Dimensional module also drops in the Eight Festival, as I'm not even close to completing the quest where it's a guaranteed drop. The festivals appear to be a good way of unlocking those last rare modules you're missing. I unlocked all of Miku's modules now.

For those who played F and F 2nd, what's your opinion on the grind required to unlock the modules in Project DIVA X? While I dislike the random drops for several reasons, in terms of time spent to unlock them, it's starting to look like it might not be as bad as I expected. At least, if you focus everything on unlocking modules.

It is a purely aesthetic thing, but I can use whatever module/accessories I want and grind out modules in F/F2nd, whereas in X the quickest way likely isn't using your preferred modules.

To say nothing of the time taken itself, which is felt much less in F/F2nd in comparison. Future Tone's modules/accessories unlocked the old fashioned way, and there are a ton there but I at least knew they cost a fixed amount and I earned x amount during each song. So I had a good idea of how much was left and what my progress was.

Really tedious. I imported this back in March and never finished unlocking all the modules because of how monotonous and dull it got by the end. I'm at 87% and getting all duplicates, so I pretty much just gave up and haven't touched the game in months.

I think I've mentioned before, that I just don't care enough about modules to go through hoops solely to unlock them. Personal achievement is more important to me than cosmetics, and DIVA X, unlike the previous entries in this series, doesn't let you do both at once. You have to be in quest mode to get RNG module and accessory drops, and you have to be in free play if you want to be graded on songs normally, whereas previously you earned money to buy things with at the same time you were working to improve your records.

I only played quest mode in DIVA X enough to unlock the Ultimate Medley. After that, I was pretty much done with it.

I think I've mentioned before, that I just don't care enough about modules to go through hoops solely to unlock them. Personal achievement is more important to me than cosmetics, and DIVA X, unlike the previous entries in this series, doesn't let you do both at once. You have to be in quest mode to get RNG module and accessory drops, and you have to be in free play if you want to be graded on songs normally, whereas previously you earned money to buy things with at the same time you were working to improve your records.

I only played quest mode in DIVA X enough to unlock the Ultimate Medley. After that, I was pretty much done with it.

Some sort of patch to address this would certainly increase the longevity of the game, at least for me. And it would make me more willing to buy DLC.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the birthday cake that's based on your own b-day, will it happen automatically, or do I need to exit out of the game, then re-start it?

Draikin 2

You have to be in quest mode to get RNG module and accessory drops, and you have to be in free play if you want to be graded on songs normally, whereas previously you earned money to buy things with at the same time you were working to improve your records.
What's also ironic is that, because I personally just make it my goal of unlocking all the modules, I actually have less freedom to use accessories. I just end up using the best module and the best accessories.

Some sort of patch to address this would certainly increase the longevity of the game, at least for me. And it would make me more willing to buy DLC.
I was hoping the PS4 version would implement this change. If they had made Free Play mode a genuine alternative to Quest Mode where you could also unlock modules and accessories, the game would have offered the best of both worlds. In contrast, the resources that are being spent on adding a VR mode for the Concert Editor could have been better spent elsewhere. VR isn't going to help this game at all.

SimonM7

I genuinely don't get what the problem is. Use quest modes for practice, free play for getting your grades when you've practiced.

I've sunk a gajillion hours into Diva games before, and sssso much of it has just been practice to get good enough to nail a song consistently. I didn't need all that time to be spent in the bog standard grading mode, and now it isn't.

I genuinely don't get what the problem is. Use quest modes for practice, free play for getting your grades when you've practiced.

I've sunk a gajillion hours into Diva games before, and sssso much of it has just been practice to get good enough to nail a song consistently. I didn't need all that time to be spent in the bog standard grading mode, and now it isn't.

For a period of about 4 months I had a perfect that was earned in quest mode and nothing to show for it.

I wouldn't care if you were still scored normally in both modes and records counted for something, but I'm not playing a music game just to have records sink into a black hole.

SimonM7

For a period of about 4 months I had a perfect that was earned in quest mode and nothing to show for it.

I wouldn't care if you were still scored normally in both modes and records counted for something, but I'm not playing a music game just to have records sink into a black hole.

I guess. I just don't really feel like my perfects are worth much if they were done on, essentially, a fluke.

That sounds like how I'll play the game if I get it, though it still irks me how the game has been set up like that and I did previously like using challenge items in the main free play mode to up the ante, get more points as a result and use those to buy the modules I wanted.

Did Sega ever mention why they put up the price of the Vita version by 30% in Europe?

I feel a little dumb, asking this, but is the mode gone where you could make your own charts for mp3s?

Yes, Concert Editor took its place. You can now create a custom concert with the full versions of the songs included in the game. No more MP3 support/custom charts, which is a shame :(

Andrefpvs

I was kicked off the TV because of soccer, this is ridiculous (,,#゚Д゚)

I think next time I'll jump right to the good songs

ChrisD

So this will seem like a really goofy question, but... has the Random button always been here? Because it was never there for me. Then suddenly, it showed up yesterday. I was scrolling through songs and bam, there's a Random button.

I've played for 70+ hours in Free Play, I KNOW I haven't just missed it.

Any idea on why it would "unlock"?

Andrefpvs

I almost forgot about this, but I came across a weird bug when streaming earlier. The rhythm game froze for a split second, then 3 notes came down at the same time. You can see it at 1:16:47, if the video is not blocked for you:

https://youtu.be/wag3srqdrzs?t=4605

I didn't notice the 3 simultaneous notes so I immediately restarted the song, but I'm curious to know what would have happened if I pressed the X button there.

EDIT: Here's a quick and dirty GIF if the video is blocked for you:

fKaRBxK.gif

So this will seem like a really goofy question, but... has the Random button always been here? Because it was never there for me. Then suddenly, it showed up yesterday. I was scrolling through songs and bam, there's a Random button.

I've played for 70+ hours in Free Play, I KNOW I haven't just missed it.

Any idea on why it would "unlock"?

I just went through my Free Play list, and you're right, there's no Random option.

I haven't played the "main" Voltage mode (or whatever it's called) much, so I don't know if you unlock it there, but that's still a weird thing to leave locked from the start.

Theswweet

Even though I personally think PDX is the worst Project Diva, I just can't seem to pry myself away from playing it in between other games on PS4. I've probably played Urotander like 30+ times now, I love that song.

Even though I personally think PDX is the worst Project Diva, I just can't seem to pry myself away from playing it in between other games on PS4. I've probably played Urotander like 30+ times now, I love that song.
While I'm pretty mixed about the game as a whole, I think it has some of the best songs in the series, so I'll definitely keep playing it for a while.

ChrisD

I almost forgot about this, but I came across a weird bug when streaming earlier. The rhythm game froze for a split second, then 3 notes came down at the same time. You can see it at 1:16:47, if the video is not blocked for you:

https://youtu.be/wag3srqdrzs?t=4605

I didn't notice the 3 simultaneous notes so I immediately restarted the song, but I'm curious to know what would have happened if I pressed the X button there.

EDIT: Here's a quick and dirty GIF if the video is blocked for you:

fKaRBxK.gif

I just went through my Free Play list, and you're right, there's no Random option.

I haven't played the "main" Voltage mode (or whatever it's called) much, so I don't know if you unlock it there, but that's still a weird thing to leave locked from the start.

Huh. I did get Beauty up to six orbs. I wonder if that's the unlock requirement, getting any Aura to six. Awfully strange regardless. I don't like it, lol, so used to it not being there at this point.

Also I had the same thing happen to me in the past! Though mine was with Hand in Hand right after I downloaded it. I just attributed the glitch to a wonky download. Guess not! Didn't do anything out of the ordinary, and it seems you didn't either, so there's nothing to test for causes. Just a random, rare error.

While I'm pretty mixed about the game as a whole, I think it has some of the best songs in the series, so I'll definitely keep playing it for a while.

Yep, love the song selection. The Miku overload could have been toned down and the other Vocaloids given some more songs, but they made a wonderful track list in my subjective due to tastes music opinion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think that's really my main complaint, for having a new unlock system that requires you to play as a character to unlock their other costumes, they sure lowered the amount of songs sung by the other characters. Might've mentioned it before, but now that I've (pretty sure) unlocked all the songs, it's really noticeable.

hamchan

Urotander might be the worst playing song I've played in this whole series. Just the whole layout and the way the notes come in, it's terrible.

Theswweet

Urotander might be the worst playing song I've played in this whole series. Just the whole layout and the way the notes come in, it's terrible.

Urotander is fine. The problem is that most people look for the notes to overlap the timer, instead of looking at the timers themselves - or making sure to focus on both of them. Really, it's not that hard.

I thought Urotander extreme was hilarious, lol. Speaking of, I did this yesterday:
The underhanded rangers can't beat me. ψ( `∇´)ψ

Also with the exception of a couple of songs I'm kinda eh on, I love the song selection in this game. My only gripe is some of the tuning in the elegant and cool medleys. I usually dislike Meiko and Kaito songs but Amazing Dolce and Urotander are freakin great. So much fun.

Though as much as I like the cute and quirky medleys, I wish Viva Happy and 1 2 Fanclub were their own thing too, love those songs.

It's actually a really easy chart, like pretty much a 7 star disguised as a 9 star. You just have to memorise where all the charting fuckery comes in and you'll be good.

hamchan

Urotander is fine. The problem is that most people look for the notes to overlap the timer, instead of looking at the timers themselves - or making sure to focus on both of them. Really, it's not that hard.

It's actually a really easy chart, like pretty much a 7 star disguised as a 9 star. You just have to memorise where all the charting fuckery comes in and you'll be good.

Difficulty isn't my problem with it at all guys. I beat the extreme cloud version of it on my first go and can pretty much do the same with all the extreme songs in the game. I just think it's a very badly designed note chart because of all the fuckery, that makes it not very fun. It falls victim to the bad game design that F2nd had with the star notes speed by having randomness and quirkiness you have to memorize be the core design, rather than being tough but fair like most of the songs in the series.

Difficulty isn't my problem with it at all guys. I beat the extreme cloud version of it on my first go and can pretty much do the same with all the extreme songs in the game. I just think it's a very badly designed note chart because of all the fuckery, that makes it not very fun. It falls victim to the bad game design that F2nd had with the star notes speed by having randomness and quirkiness you have to memorize be the core design, rather than being tough but fair like most of the songs in the series.

That's the point, tho. The song is all about this group of sentai dudes who use really cheap and dirty tactics to achieve victory. And the chart is using really cheap and dirty tactics to achieve victory over you. That might not excuse it, but the fuckery is there for a reason.

hamchan

That's the point, tho. The song is all about this group of sentai dudes who use really cheap and dirty tactics to achieve victory. And the chart is using really cheap and dirty tactics to achieve victory over you. That might not excuse it, but the fuckery is there for a reason.

That's fine but just because they made something terrible on purpose doesn't change it from actually being terrible.

Theswweet

The pattern star notes were fine too. The tutorial for the game mentions to press the button when the timer hand on the overlay finishes its rotation... if you always looked at those from the outset, instead of trying to look for the notes flying in, neither the pattern star notes nor Urotander are difficult.

The pattern star notes were fine too. The tutorial for the game mentions to press the button when the timer hand on the overlay finishes its rotation... if you always looked at those from the outset, instead of trying to look for the notes flying in, neither the pattern star notes nor Urotander are difficult.
The tutorial says absolutely nothing about targets hidden under other targets and the speed of notes changing for no reason. It's just bad design, plain and simple.

Theswweet

The tutorial says absolutely nothing about targets hidden under other targets and the speed of notes changing for no reason. It's just bad design, plain and simple.

Targets hidden under targets would be a valid complaint if any time there were targets hidden, it wasn't very obvious which button you had to press first, since the proper note flies in first near the center of the screen.

As for speed changing, that's only relative. If you're watching the timer in the first place, you've got the same timing. It's not hard in the slightest, as for the really lightning fast notes there is plenty of leeway for clearing them, in addition to the additional leeway you get for Star Notes in the first place.

Top Bottom