• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

SimonM7

So I'm assuming they moved to concert style for all the songs due to this medley stuff and maybe also to save some budget.

They use the concert choreography for the songs, allowing sharing that between concerts and the games, and the stages and concert halls in the game are effectively background "modules" now, so you can pair them with any song you like. Each song, DLC or otherwise, comes with its own background, so it all becomes modular and customizable, basically.

I prefer it this way myself, but others have voiced your sentiment, too.

pariah164

Can anyone explain Name of the Sin to me? I get that it's about a disfigured girl who finds a friend in a blind boy, but then his eyes are healed, and there's a black lily, and I don't understand much after that.

Zenaku

Can anyone explain Name of the Sin to me? I get that it's about a disfigured girl who finds a friend in a blind boy, but then his eyes are healed, and there's a black lily, and I don't understand much after that.

The goddess of destiny places a curse on a cute baby for fun, so that people see her as a monster. The girl then befriends a blind boy, and falls in love with him, and the goddess decides to give him back his sight so she can see how he reacts upon seeing the girl. The girl is given a black flower by someone saying it's a gift from the boy, symbolizing something bad (probably that he hates her, or something). The boy then tells the girl he'll stay with her until he dies, and the curse is lifted.

That's my impression at least. I'll try and listen to the original version (which I've just found out appears to be 6 1/2 minutes long) which might have more details on what goes on.

EDIT: Read the lyrics. After the girl befriends the boy he defends her from the people that insult the girl and such, with the girl wishing she could be a normal girl for him. The boy then gives the girl a white lily to try and make her feel better. It's then that the goddess gives the boy his sight back, and gives the girl a black lily.

Einhandr

Is this game giving anyone else motion sickness? Having to focus on the buttons with all the movement and backgrounds moving behind it, I find myself only being able to play a few songs before I have to quit playing.

Is this game giving anyone else motion sickness? Having to focus on the buttons with all the movement and backgrounds moving behind it, I find myself only being able to play a few songs before I have to quit playing.

I think it is the 60fps problem. Have you played on Vita?

Kyonashi

Made this in case anyone finds it useful or you want to stick it in the OP :)
Personally thought it was quite interesting that I seem to have gravitated into a three-year cycle for Miku, as I own copies of 2nd, F and now X.

X1oAec5.png

What kinda worthless rare module ability is "makes chance time easier" ???? Like why would I choose this over something that boosts my score or gives me a chance for a new/rare module?

What kinda worthless rare module ability is "makes chance time easier" ???? Like why would I choose this over something that boosts my score or gives me a chance for a new/rare module?
The ones that make the first 15 seconds or so easier (I think thats what they do) are pretty garbage as well.

miku

Personally thought it was quite interesting that I seem to have gravitated into a three-year cycle for Miku, as I own copies of 2nd, F and now X.

Missing all three Dreamy Theater though!

Who are these dlc vocaloids? Are they old miku friends who got retired or just not popular enough to make the main roster?

They're like another version of miku!

Kyonashi

Missing all three Dreamy Theater though!

Yeahhhh I did debate sticking them on but I felt like they weren't really their own *thing* enough? I guess I could add them beneath each of the PSP games. I didn't want anyone who was new to the series to look at them and get confused.

OMG Aero

It's so dumb that they now let you take off accessories that are exclusive to a module but still do the thing where some songs have two modules but one is just the other one without a hat.
I've lost count of how many times I've played Urotander by now trying to get the ten modules that song has.

Draikin 2

I had intended to unlock all the modules like I did for Project DIVA F 2nd, but it's proving to be way more difficult in Project DIVA X. I initially thought the game was easier, but that's not the case in terms of unlocking modules. The increased grind is one thing, but the Event Request with Extreme songs really stop the average player from getting the modules. I'm currently stuck at Miku's Super Aura Training 3. Even with the 60% bonus for accessories, I can't get close to clearing the song, or its Chance Time for that matter. I wish they hadn't made things this difficult.

Is there a way in game to know who's actually supposed to sing what song? I only just read that apparently The Lost One's Weeping is actually a Rin song :X

muteki

After running the auto-calibration over and over again, I've come to the conclusion I should just leave it at zero. My results always seemed predictable based on how left of center or right of center I hit the button at. When I managed to hit the note perfectly at the top each time I would get a result of 0, or +-1. I guess if I had any meaningful amount of display lag I would do the same and get a more significant offset.

Using the controller's headphone jack, and picking up the HDMI audio extractor mentioned a while back has resolved my audio issues.

Finished all the clouds (for the first time I guess)

I don't mind the random drops, but the whole aura system is very poorly thought out. It works for Miku, but for the others?? I don't want to play songs with the wrong vocaloid, so the entire system just completely falls apart

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, I feel the same way, & doesn't help that it's felt like 90% of the songs are only Miku now, so now it seems even more lopsided for her songs compared to previous games.

Just bought this yesterday, haven't had a chance to play it yet.

This will be my first time using the Vita TV (it has never been turned on). Is there anyway to cheat to unlock all the songs? I hate having to play everything on normal and hard.

Just bought this yesterday, haven't had a chance to play it yet.

This will be my first time using the Vita TV (it has never been turned on). Is there anyway to cheat to unlock all the songs? I hate having to play everything on normal and hard.

The bad news is: no, unless you have someone play through the game on your PSN account then upload the cross save for you to sync. Cross saves won't cross PSN accounts because that violates trophy security.

The good news is, you no longer have to play through Hard if you don't want to. Normal is still forced on you though.

SimonM7

Finished all the clouds (for the first time I guess)

I don't mind the random drops, but the whole aura system is very poorly thought out. It works for Miku, but for the others?? I don't want to play songs with the wrong vocaloid, so the entire system just completely falls apart

I don't think the entire system falls apart, but I totally agree that it needs a better balance of songs/vocaloids moving forward.

I'd even posit that DLC that leans heavily toward the others would go a long way toward fixing this very game, but it is of course a bummer to have to buy extra stuff to facilitate getting modules that are already in it.

After running the auto-calibration over and over again, I've come to the conclusion I should just leave it at zero. My results always seemed predictable based on how left of center or right of center I hit the button at. When I managed to hit the note perfectly at the top each time I would get a result of 0, or +-1. I guess if I had any meaningful amount of display lag I would do the same and get a more significant offset.

I originally had the same issue as you, and I know exactly what is happening. This is a little hard to explain in words, so let me know if it makes sense:

1) Your TV, obviously, has some inherent display lag.
2) Therefore, the animation that plays after you press the button will also have some display lag.
3) Therefore, it will look as though you pressed the button too late, even though it's actually the animation that is playing too late.
4) Therefore, you will doubt your results and re-run the test, trying to get it right. After multiple tries, you will become adept at compensating for your TV's input lag, hitting the button too early and ending up with a result of 0.

Try the calibration again, but this time, just hit the button when YOU think the time is right. Don't pay attention to whether it looks early or late on the TV, because if the TV was correct, there wouldn't be anything to calibrate.

Edit: Oh, and once you do this, you'll want to get audio out from your TV. You're relying on the TV to keep audio and video in sync. Your current method will work fine for audio, but then the video will be off sync.

I don't think the entire system falls apart, but I totally agree that it needs a better balance of songs/vocaloids moving forward.

I'd even posit that DLC that leans heavily toward the others would go a long way toward fixing this very game, but it is of course a bummer to have to buy extra stuff to facilitate getting modules that are already in it.

I mean, why are there even Cute modules for Len? That's my problem #1. Does anyone really want to play LOL with Len instead of Miku?

And #2 is, if I want to get all of Len's modules without using him in songs that aren't his I have to play Holy Lance Explosion boy 1000 times. They should at least let me get modules for other characters while playing Miku. It makes no sense how it is now.

I won't mind all of that once I start griding out songs in Extreme, but it leaves a weird first impression, like the systems are not very well thought through.

I don't know if everyone just hates anyone but Miku (I understand hating Kaito), but I feel like every vocaloid should have had one song of every aura. That would have been some nice diversity and immediately fixes all the systems.

The bad news is: no, unless you have someone play through the game on your PSN account then upload the cross save for you to sync. Cross saves won't cross PSN accounts because that violates trophy security.

The good news is, you no longer have to play through Hard if you don't want to. Normal is still forced on you though.

Oh, that's REALLY good news! Thanks, yay! ^_^

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads up, there's some new DLC costumes that're free

- Cabin Attendant Style A (PS4) (Vita)
- Cabin Attendant Style 39 (PS4) (Vita)

Both are Cool & have 100-Combo Bonus Lv. 1.

SimonM7

I won't mind all of that once I start griding out songs in Extreme, but it leaves a weird first impression, like the systems are not very well thought through.

I feel like the system is fine, but the content in the game doesn't adequately complement it. I imagine it's probably designed to be a mainstay in this run of Diva games, and I'm assuming they won't lean so heavily on just Miku songs in the future. I think for the purposes of kinda having you explore different vibes with the "same character", a focus on Miku is effective, but beyond that element of the story/structure, the game simply needs more non-Miku songs.

SephLuis

Not only did I survive Brain Revolution Girl on Extreme, I beat the Chance Time, maxed out the voltage gauge, AND unlocked the module for it.

I've beaten the game. Nothing can top this okay.

My thumbs have a name, and it is Pain.

Now join me playing Brain Revolution Girl on Free-Play, difficulty extreme and with overclock, wibbly wobbly and chaos storm.

It's going to be fun.

macklelol

Now join me playing Brain Revolution Girl on Free-Play, difficulty extreme and with overclock, wibbly wobbly and chaos storm.

It's going to be fun.

Personally, I like playing it (and pretty much every song) with Ninja Strike, Wibbly Wobbly, and Chaos Storm. It's good fun.

muteki

I originally had the same issue as you, and I know exactly what is happening. This is a little hard to explain in words, so let me know if it makes sense:

1) Your TV, obviously, has some inherent display lag.
2) Therefore, the animation that plays after you press the button will also have some display lag.
3) Therefore, it will look as though you pressed the button too late, even though it's actually the animation that is playing too late.
4) Therefore, you will doubt your results and re-run the test, trying to get it right. After multiple tries, you will become adept at compensating for your TV's input lag, hitting the button too early and ending up with a result of 0.

Try the calibration again, but this time, just hit the button when YOU think the time is right. Don't pay attention to whether it looks early or late on the TV, because if the TV was correct, there wouldn't be anything to calibrate.

Edit: Oh, and once you do this, you'll want to get audio out from your TV. You're relying on the TV to keep audio and video in sync. Your current method will work fine for audio, but then the video will be off sync.

A while ago thanks to StarCreator's suggestions I dealt with the audio before it gets to the TV. Audio feels fine. I guess I could re run the test again without looking at the screen, only listening to the beats, and see if it makes a difference. Game feels great now though, I'm not terribly worried about it anymore. Any safes or lower I can immediately attribute to being my fault, instead of wondering what happened like before.

A while ago thanks to StarCreator's suggestions I dealt with the audio before it gets to the TV. Audio feels fine. I guess I could re run the test again without looking at the screen, only listening to the beats, and see if it makes a difference. Game feels great now though, I'm not terribly worried about it anymore. Any safes or lower I can immediately attribute to being my fault, instead of wondering what happened like before.

Well, if you're getting the audio pre-TV, it's going to be in sync at +0, because there's no delay. This setup, however, means that your video is almost certainly out of sync.

If that setup feels alright to you, by all means leave it as is, lol.

Personally, I like playing it (and pretty much every song) with Ninja Strike, Wibbly Wobbly, and Chaos Storm. It's good fun.

I tried this, and I have to admit it was actually more entertaining than I thought it would be.

On the topic of challenge items, it really bugs me that I have to reapply them every time I want to retry a song. I know this is probably just left over from when they costed dp, but it's still a hassle.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Been here since the first psp game :')

Top Bottom