• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well.........that sure is an OT title.....

Might see if I can pick this up early from USPS assuming they get it before they close. Sticking with Vita since I can use my headphones & feels more consistent with the series.

I just wished they would unlock at least hard from the get go. The home series needs an extra difficulty too

I also hope the eventual X2 has more songs.

The unlock mechanism is actually quite different in this game. The quest mode makes you play through every song on Normal, but it's impossible to fail out of the song in quest mode and somewhat trivial to meet the voltage requirements for a clear. Once a song is played once, it's available in Free Play at all difficulties.

This applies all the way to the Ultimate Medley, which
requires you to clear all the clouds a second time. But, you're able to do the second playthrough on any difficulty, including Extreme - which is recommended to get the maximum number of item drops per song anyway.

there never ever has been a sale for DLC right? just the main game?

Er? There's very little DLC, though I do recall seeing something about a DLC sale Japan-side. The total savings weren't really much since there's so little of it. All regions are running the Snow Miku bundle DLC for free for a limited time.

DualEdge

Are you using the analog sticks or the touchpad to trigger the scratch notes?
This is with the analog sticks. Not going to rule out some Bluetooth interference either given how much stuff is in my basement, but again, I haven't seen this happen with anything else. I had a power outage at some point yesterday (I had the lag issue on Saturday), so I had to restart everything last night. So, this might just be an issue for me alone, but I'll have some more time tonight to confirm that.

muteki

What is a good way to get audio out of a PS4 to headphones while being mindful of/minimizing any lag?

I'm just using HDMI straight to the TV for my sound and feel like I might be able to make things better by removing the TV from the audio equation, while having better sound and a less annoyed better half.

What is a good way to get audio out of a PS4 to headphones while being mindful of/minimizing any lag?

I'm just using HDMI straight to the TV for my sound and feel like I might be able to make things better by removing the TV from the audio equation, while having better sound and a less annoyed better half.

I personally use this audio extractor. It will output basic RCA audio in 2ch output mode. I also use the version that is also an HDMI splitter that works equally well. You'll probably have to run it into a headphone amp or use headphones that have built-in volume control since it's meant to run line-level audio though. Or use headphones that will take optical input.

Failing that, while I haven't tried it myself, you could try simply plugging your headphones into the Dualshock 4 and seeing if that works for you.

matmanx1

Played the demo and liked it a lot on both the Vita and the PS4 but decided to pre-order the PS4 version when Amazon had it listed for $40. It looks great in 1080p and I really liked the three song set in the demo. Amazon says I should have it by tomorrow and I am eager to try it out.

That being said, SEGA, if you are listening, bring us FutureTone, please!

Draikin 2

My PS4 copy of the game arrived from BB on Saturday this past weekend, so after playing it for a while, I'm noticing some strange occurrences of what feel like occassional input lag related to the Star (scratch) notes. Essentially, I can hit numerous notes in succession with perfect timing and then randomly it'll act like I was a full second off therefore breaking my combo. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's really frustrating. Now, I did calibrate and it feels nice and accurate, but this is really annoying so I'll be curious to hear if anyone else reports the same thing. For the record, I also have Future Tone and haven't experienced anything like this on that.
I did in fact experience the exact same thing. Setting the Scratch Note Sensitivity to High in the game's options seems to resolve the problem, did you try changing that? On PS4, the standard settings seems to be less sensitive than on the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

30€ is lower than I expected, I might end up buying it sooner since I thought it was going to be 40€.

Snow Miku pack isn't free as of now though, I hope it's just a temporary mistake and not the usual "LOL Europe" response :p

30€ is lower than I expected, I might end up buying it sooner since I thought it was going to be 40€.

Snow Miku pack isn't free as of now though, I hope it's just a temporary mistake and not the usual "LOL Europe" response :p
wouldn't be a project diva game without messed up DLC!

SimonM7

I thought the two DLC songs, Sharing The World and Hand In Hand were headlining this game. :eek: Why are they separate?

I thought the two DLC songs, Sharing The World and Hand In Hand were headlining this game. :eek: Why are they separate?

It's weird that they list them for PS4 as well, DLC songs should only be for the Vita version. PS4 is supposed to include them by default...

SimonM7

It's weird that they list them for PS4 as well, DLC songs should only be for the Vita version. PS4 is supposed to include them by default...

Oh? So they're already in the PS4 version? That makes a ssssort of sense then, with the DLC situation in the first F being similar.

Fat4all

Banned
What's the plans going forward for DLC? They doing any sort of weird subscription thing? I'm picking this up tomorrow, but I was kinda hoping there would be more songs from the get-go.

Oh? So they're already in the PS4 version? That makes a ssssort of sense then, with the DLC situation in the first F being similar.

Well, they SHOULD be at least, not sure if anything changed for the EU release. They were advertised as being included in the JP commercials though.
Can someone with the JP game confirm?

bigkrev

After posting 7 hours ago that I was going to wait, I said fuck it and ordered the Vita version from Amazon. Should get here on Wednesday.

I'm weak.

ChrisD

After posting 7 hours ago that I was going to wait, I said fuck it and ordered the Vita version from Amazon. Should get here on Wednesday.

I'm weak.

Look at the other side: Once you find the songs you enjoy and spend loads of time playing them, your moment of weakness will be but a lost memory, replaced with fun times. ^^

pariah164

Will pick this up tomorrow on my way to visit my mother in the hospital. Will be a nice way to decompress with all that's going on.

No, it's nothing serious, but it is a bit stressful nonetheless.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Will pick this up tomorrow on my way to visit my mother in the hospital. Will be a nice way to decompress with all that's going on.

No, it's nothing serious, but it is a bit stressful nonetheless.
Hope things go well for you & your mom.

Hoping I'll get my copy tomorrow, this is my first package from Amazon being sent to my new address. Sure hope adding a "N" in my address won't cause any issues since I've noticed my tracking hasn't updated in almost 24 hours, but I'm sure/hopeful the USPS will figure it out.

Either way, this'll be a nice break game since I'm also getting God Eater 2 + Resurrection tomorrow as well. I just hope with the lower song count, I won't grow tired of the songs since in Project Diva f 2nd, you had to grind a tooonnnnn, perhaps more so than the previous game.

Zambayoshi

Just bought EU Vita version on PSN, confirm no free Snow Miku DLC at the moment. Also seems to be missing the P4DAN module...

Also bought a physical NA Vita copy, support Vita and support Miku (also for when the EU PSN inevitably delists the game at some point in the future).

Skrams

I got the game on Saturday. Thanks Best Buy.

I've enjoyed it so far. It's a step down from f and f 2nd just due to me missing PVs, but it's still a Miku game. I really enjoy some of the medleys since it's easy fanservice when I get to hear Tengaku or Ageage Again. Also despite how fucking dumb silly putting all the accessories on is, it's making me use a lot of modules or items I would usually not use. It's pretty nice to get a new module every song. It feels very looty so far. I wear "get rare module" stuff when I can because I assume I should. It's a bit nicer of a feeling compared to buying it in a store.

I'm almost done with the story mode I think. Just a bit more to go. It's not much of anything. I wouldn't really mind it not being there next go around. I was more excited when I heard Quest Mode months and months ago. This isn't really what I thought of when hearing Quest Mode.

So people into Miku, it's good.

Edit- And I forgot. For people who played the import, is it best just to wait for friendship requests instead of stuffing gifts down their throats? It seems like it takes a while with the latter compared to the former.

Kumubou

So with Project Diva X out now, can we start bugging Sega about localizing Future Tone? :V

I actually forgot this was coming out tomorrow and I didn't pre-order it, so hopefully I can cop a copy of the game somewhere tomorrow. Worst case I could just order it from Amazon but I don't want to deal with their screwey shipping around here (especially since I'm not a Prime subscriber).

Deft Beck

So with Project Diva X out now, can we start bugging Sega about localizing Future Tone? :V

I actually forgot this was coming out tomorrow and I didn't pre-order it, so hopefully I can cop a copy of the game somewhere tomorrow. Worst case I could just order it from Amazon but I don't want to deal with their screwey shipping around here (especially since I'm not a Prime subscriber).

I think most people who wanted Future Tone would have bought it by now. Plus, how are they going to market it as an "arcade game" when we never received the original arcade games?

First I was bummed out, only 30 songs? But the selection is solid, a lot of great tracks in here.

The medleys are also really cool. Only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is that the rest of the crew only has a single song. They're good though, Meiko's one is awesome.

Unlocking all the modules will be a massive grind....

But overall I like this new direction.

Now Sega, how about Future Tone?
Yes I know it's not happening :-(

muteki

I personally use this audio extractor. It will output basic RCA audio in 2ch output mode. I also use the version that is also an HDMI splitter that works equally well. You'll probably have to run it into a headphone amp or use headphones that have built-in volume control since it's meant to run line-level audio though. Or use headphones that will take optical input.

Failing that, while I haven't tried it myself, you could try simply plugging your headphones into the Dualshock 4 and seeing if that works for you.

Thanks, that is a bit cheaper than I was expecting. I don't have a headphone amp so would have to research that.

I could try the dualshock 4 thing for giggles but given it is wireless I suspect it would defeat the purpose. They should put a headphone jack on the PD mini controller :p

pariah164

So, the DLC for the game will probably be up the same time as the game right? So probably not till this afternoon. Dammit, Grace Chen.

First I was bummed out, only 30 songs? But the selection is solid, a lot of great tracks in here.

The medleys are also really cool. Only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is that the rest of the crew only has a single song. They're good though, Meiko's one is awesome.

Unlocking all the modules will be a massive grind....

But overall I like this new direction.
I'm still bummed about the lack of songs. I was hoping there'd be more DLC; I'd happily pay to have another Meiko song in this mix. I still want Colorful x Sexy...

Thanks, that is a bit cheaper than I was expecting. I don't have a headphone amp so would have to research that.

I could try the dualshock 4 thing for giggles but given it is wireless I suspect it would defeat the purpose. They should put a headphone jack on the PD mini controller :p

I don't personally use headphones but rather desktop speakers (specifically, the Logitech Z323), which work great.

As for the Dualshock 4, I remember macklelol mentioning playing Future Tone that way. If it's good enough for macklelol, it's good enough for me lol

SimonM7

Completed all but one Cloud, messed around a bit in free play, and I gotta say I *love* this game. Between Future Tone and Project Mirai, I actually kinda forgot how good the core console Diva gameplay feels, and they've made some small but seriously great tweaks to the framework here.

The more structured and involved progression introduces you to the songs in a really fun way compared to unceremoniously dumping them on you one by one, and the main event/medleys that rounds off each "Cloud" almost have me crying they're so great.

And I have to say I'm on the opposite side of the PV argument, because I've always preferred watching the concerts and the choreography of those, so the fact that you now see them getting the f down with concert level dance moves in your peripheral vision just amps me up even more during a song. The fact that it enables you to choose a venue the way you choose a module (in free play) is a great bonus on top of that.

It's highly subjective, of course, but I think this song list is incredible, too. I discovered some songs in the Mirai 2015 concert that I really love, and was thrilled to find them represented in this game.

I'm rediscovering my crippling addiction to the Diva games right now, and this is frankly shaping up to be my favourite since the first F.

MrNelson

Banned
Guys, I'm conflicted. I don't know whether to get this now and Future Tone later, or Future Tone now and PDX later.

On one hand, I can get the PS4 version for $40 from Best Buy after GCU, plus another $10 off fron rewards certs, making it $30, but the lower number of songs compared to other Diva games is bumming me out. I haven't listened to the tracklist, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other on it, but I've only known a few songs in the others games and still picked them up and ended up liking a majority of them.

On the other, I already own all the other Diva games released stateside, as well as Diva 2nd, so I can play a good chunk of the songs available in Future Tone at the moment, I just have to break out different systems/discs. But there are at least more than a few songs that I enjoy that aren't in games I already own that are in Future Tone.

The DLC will not work. The game needs to be of the same region as the PSN.
That's how it has always been. Games are region-free, but your dlc has to match the region of your game.

mollipen

Festivals are far and away the best thing ever added to the series, and I want to see the idea grow in the next game. The medleys give you that taste of playing "Project Diva Concert Edition", and the Festivals let you expand on that with your own selections.

That's the direction I've thought the series should go in for a while now, and getting a taste of it is both awesome yet levels me wanting more from the idea.

Festivals are far and away the best thing ever added to the series, and I want to see the idea grow in the next game. The medleys give you that taste of playing "Project Diva Concert Edition", and the Festivals let you expand on that with your own selections.

That's the direction I've thought the series should go in for a while now, and getting a taste of it is both awesome yet levels me wanting more from the idea.

The demo alone sold me on that - you are building your own concert medley with shortened versions of all the songs in your setlist. This entirely justifies the switch to the concert format.

Now if we could throw some classic songs into the concert mix...

mollipen

Now if we could throw some classic songs into the concert mix...

Yeah, my biggest complaint here—and really, in most rhythm games—is the track list. It's not bad, but it's nowhere near the glory that was Project Diva Extend. If I could have that grouping of songs with this games features... hhhnnnggg.

Top Bottom