• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

I caved in and got the game. I've played two clouds so far, I don't like the drop system at all :(
And as expected I'm not a huge fan of the tracklist either. I mean, the songs are nice but would it kill them to add more non-Miku songs?

The way Babylon was cut off at the end definitely isn't nice. :p
Quirky medley was quite nice though.

Some intern is getting a good shouting at!

Snow Miku 2016 has been put up as free as opposed to the full pack!

I guess it's time for the US to get free modules this time, last year I managed to get all the Christmas outfits for free due to an error on the EU Store.

Nictel

tumblr_mjsp0gwC8B1s00ervo2_r1_250.gif

At this point I am more interested in the commercial than the game..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is the only way to give gifts is to go to Customize & swap out each character? Maybe it's just me, but that feels kind of tedious. At least in the F/f series, it was part of a "mode" where each character was selectable to go to each of their rooms. Here, I gotta go to a menu, load, select the character, have the character load in, then exit out of it, load again, then I can do it.

Speaking of gifts, the like/dislikes should be similar to the F games, right? I can't seem to find an English guide for the gifts or the trophies.

Well I've only played for a hour or two, but so far I actually like the concert-like performances, since the give a stronger focus on the choreography than the music videos that other entries in the series have (though those have their own appeal as well). However, the cloud stuff and much of the dialogue seems unnecessary. Also, from what I can understand, unlocks are random? That's some bs right there. It's not a big deal for me now but I imagine in the future when I have most of the stuff unlocked it will be a pain in the ass.

SimonM7

And as expected I'm not a huge fan of the tracklist either. I mean, the songs are nice but would it kill them to add more non-Miku songs?

Yeah, this I'll definitely agree with. The extremely rare song headlined by other vocaloids are *great* picks, in my opinion, but it's essentially a Miku-centric game this time. The only consolation is that there are some great duets/group songs, and the medleys usually feature other characters as well.

I dunno what the DLC situation looks like going forward, but I hope it's skewed heavily in favour of non-Miku songs.

For me it helps that I really love the Miku songs that are in here, but I can certainly empathise with being a bigger fan of the others and being bummed out about it.

Is the only way to give gifts is to go to Customize & swap out each character? Maybe it's just me, but that feels kind of tedious. At least in the F/f series, it was part of a "mode" where each character was selectable to go to each of their rooms. Here, I gotta go to a menu, load, select the character, have the character load in, then exit out of it, load again, then I can do it.

Speaking of gifts, the like/dislikes should be similar to the F games, right? I can't seem to find an English guide for the gifts or the trophies.

Here's a gift guide

The extremely rare song headlined by other vocaloids are *great* picks, in my opinion, but it's essentially a Miku-centric game this time. The only consolation is that there are some great duets/group songs, and the medleys usually feature other characters as well.

Yeah, Urotander and Amazing Dolce are my personal favourites here and even though I'm not a huge Rin fan The Lost One's Weeping is a great song. I kinda like Holy Lance Explosion Boy as well, which is unexpected.

SimonM7

Yeah, Urotander and Amazing Dolce are my personal favourites here and even though I'm not a huge Rin fan The Lost One's Weeping is a great song. I kinda like Holy Lance Explosion Boy as well, which is unexpected.

Yeah, the Mirai 2015 concert had a Kagamine block with Holy Lance Explosion Boy, The Lost One's Weeping and Remote Controller, which was i n c r e d i b l e. I was so happy to find that the former two are in this game.

Draikin 2

That is not what is written on the official website. All packs on 30th Aug, 16.

http://miku.sega.com/divax/dlc.html
That's odd, it doesn't match what SEGA sent out in their press release regarding the DLC. Unless something has changed, I think the information on the website might be inaccurate.

Isn't the glitch that every Snow Miku module is supposed to be free and not just 2016?
Only 2016 is supposed to be paid DLC. The 2010-2015 pack is supposed to be free for the first week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like the Vita version of the Snow Pack got taken down for the time being. Guess that means we might see the correct price soon?

mollipen

This is so easy. Get Future Tone becasuse has 220 songs, looks fantastic, and plays great. I'm not even considering buying this game because I bought Future Tone a month ago.

This is the first time I'm hearing about Future Tone, and holy god. 220 songs? No god-damned Star notes? THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!

...except for the part about being on PS4 only. I mean, I know why, but I enjoy these games so much more on portables. That's never been more clear with PDX, where I have a hard time following the notes on my TV but it's smooth as butter on the Vita.

Ugh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, Snow Mikus have some good abilities:

- 2010: Accessory Dropper Lv. 4 (Classic)
- 2011: New Module Dropper Lv. 4 (Cute)
- 2012: 20-Combo Rate Up (Cool)
- 2013: Tech Up Lv. 5 (Elegant)
- 2013 Alt.: Rate Up Plus Level 5 (Cool)
- 2014: 100-Combo Bonus Level 5 (Quirky)
- 2015: 4-Sec Rate Up (Cute)
- 2016: 50 Combo Bonus Level 5 (Classic)

Considering I chose the Cute cloud as my first set, 2015 Snow Miku will work great.

So no season pass this time around?
I think the season pass was possible largely because of how much later F 2nd was released internationally. They priced it pretty well to match how much content was actually released, in part because all the content was likely fully planned by the time the season pass was announced. (By that point, the Japanese release, for which no season pass existed, was around halfway through the DLC rollout, with the U.S. season pass announcement being the first indication of how much content was planned.)

This time around, we're getting DIVA X really close to the Japanese PS4 release. So close, that we actually received the two DLC songs at nearly the same time as Japan (only modules had been released prior to the PS4 version). I think the lack of a season pass suggests there are no concrete plans for DLC yet, for Japan or otherwise; either they have something in mind but don't want to commit to it yet, or maybe these two songs are it. Too soon to say.

This is my first Miku game after seeing one concert in New York earlier this year. I'm kinda okay with it being miku centric since I barely know the other vocaloids.

muteki

I don't personally use headphones but rather desktop speakers (specifically, the Logitech Z323), which work great.

As for the Dualshock 4, I remember macklelol mentioning playing Future Tone that way. If it's good enough for macklelol, it's good enough for me lol
This actually worked wonders. My tv must be horrible sound lag wise. I'll still probably pursue the splitter as a permanent option but the DS4 is working well in the mean time. Have to disable the auto off though, and have the Ds4 as one account and the mini controller as a different account.

SephLuis

I think the season pass was possible largely because of how much later F 2nd was released internationally. They priced it pretty well to match how much content was actually released, in part because all the content was likely fully planned by the time the season pass was announced. (By that point, the Japanese release, for which no season pass existed, was around halfway through the DLC rollout, with the U.S. season pass announcement being the first indication of how much content was planned.)

This time around, we're getting DIVA X really close to the Japanese PS4 release. So close, that we actually received the two DLC songs at nearly the same time as Japan (only modules had been released prior to the PS4 version). I think the lack of a season pass suggests there are no concrete plans for DLC yet, for Japan or otherwise; either they have something in mind but don't want to commit to it yet, or maybe these two songs are it. Too soon to say.

My guess is that those two songs will be it.

If they had plans for more DLC songs, they might have chosen to keep them for an eventual X2 release. I guess they will make a new game with a bigger setlist containing only new songs for the series and keep the classics as medleys.

catbrush

So far I like the game, but I'm really disappointed that the music video style has been replaced with concerts. I don't understand the reasoning for changing it.

So far I like the game, but I'm really disappointed that the music video style has been replaced with concerts. I don't understand the reasoning for changing it.

The series has been declining in popularity in Japan and the concert-style can likely be done on a smaller budget.

Either that or maybe they just wanted to try something different to keep the series interesting *shrug*

TBH, I just focus on the notes and the music and don't even pay that much attention to what's going on in the background.

Cross save does work from Vita JP to Vita NA, I don't even remember uploading a save. Oh well, glad I don't have to unlock everything again

kagamin

Cross save does work from Vita JP to Vita NA, I don't even remember uploading a save. Oh well, glad I don't have to unlock everything again

Very nice, now everyone will know that I've already played Holy Lance Explosion Boy to completion more than 60 times!

The song in the commercial is Mitchie M's new song, written for Miku Symphony last weekend. I feel like this fact requires more attention.

(I'm having a hard time finding out what they even played at this event)

ChrisD

Very nice, now everyone will know that I've already played Holy Lance Explosion Boy to completion more than 60 times!

195 on Ultimate Medley

get on my level of crazy :eek:

Gigantic OTN? Wait until you read the Holy Lance Explosion Boy lyrics... :p
Its all the same to you if you'd already knew the lyrics in the first place lol.

I knew all about Holy Lance Explosion Boy, but never actually looked up the lyrics for any of the medleys. I just played, happily ignorant.

It doesn't change my liking the Medley (still my favorite, I think), but I'm definitely not playing it around my siblings now, lol.

Top Bottom