• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

BY2K

Membero Americo
Other Musou game stories:

- This snake is evil, we should probably kill it?
- The evil snake is back.
- It's back again let's super kill it.
- These shells are making everyone evil. Let's beat them up until they're not evil anymore.
- We all got timewarped here, let's get together and fight evil.

Normal Musou games or specifically crossover/licensed Musou?

MAtgS

So literally the plot of the game is "scantily glad sorceress wants to get into Link's pants, so she turns evil and steals Link's friend in a fit of jealousy"

Am I the only one who is rolling their eyes right now?
Don't forget how lots of Hyrulean soldiers are gonna die in war due to this.

CronoShot

So literally the plot of the game is "scantily glad sorceress wants to get into Link's pants, so she turns evil and steals Link's friend in a fit of jealousy"

YunoYandereFace.jpg
IF I CAN'T HAVE YOUUUUUU

I love Impa's new design. She looks like a mix between her Ocarina of Time & Skyward Sword incarnations to me.
yeah thats what I noticed as well. She has a nor muscular build like her OoT incarnation but still has a lot of the features that made SS Impa great.

Its predictable and I called as much awhile ago with the twist being that she got corrupted/taken over by a mysterious evil power and Link will save her as well for the twist to be revealed that Ganondorf was behind it. However, most Zeldas have a pretty predictable "base" plot.

TreIII

Well, at least it's something different.

If they had come out the gate with the typical Triforce/Other Magical MacGuffin/Barrier Maiden-related plot, there likely would've been eye-rolling anyway.

GamerSoul

ehh, all is fair in Love and War, man. And how could you resist a Link looking like that? lol

Have you ever regretted making a comment.

DVCY201

This plot sounds so hilarious that I love it!

Just out of curiosity, but have any Musou games been 60fps? The fact that Team Ninja is involved gives me hope that they may take some of their know-how to help with the title.

Son Of D

This plot sounds so hilarious that I love it!

Just out of curiosity, but have any Musou games been 60fps? The fact that Team Ninja is involved gives me hope that they may take some of their know-how to help with the title.

Whilst I haven't played them in ages, I think the PS2 games were. Orochi 3 on PS3 was 60FPS in small crowds. PS4 DW8XL probably is.

-Horizon-

Really, with how she looks, I don't know how Link didn't want to hit that.
That possible nice boat ending though.

Unless Link is a girl.

:p
This just got even hotter.

But that's best anime plot D:

Nia

I find it hilarious. If every girl who ever loved Link became a villain like Shia, Link and Hyrule would be screwed.

mankoto

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/hyrule-warriors-story-detailed-new-screenshots

The game’s storyline revolves around Hyrule once again being besieged by evil forces, with Princess Zelda invariably ending up imprisoned and in need of rescuing. At the center of this trouble is Shia, a witch who was once tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. Although once a good person, Shia came to harbor affections for a hero, which in turn transformed into jealousy towards Zelda for being able to be with him.

Eventually, Shia finds her mind hijacked by the thoughts of an evil being that was once sealed away, leading her to bring disaster to the kingdom. The hero she fell for, as it turns out, is Link, and she now stands in opposition to him with comrades Valga and Wiz at her side, setting into motion another conflict with Hyrule at its epicenter.

See, Shia is cool. I'd prefer a yandere, but the traditional brain washing is okay too.

soultron

Banned
Other Musou game stories:

- This snake is evil, we should probably kill it?
- The evil snake is back.
- It's back again let's super kill it.
- These shells are making everyone evil. Let's beat them up until they're not evil anymore.
- We all got timewarped here, let's get together and fight evil.

This post made me laugh so hard. God damn you and your wit, SA.

Nia

So who is possessing her mind? A new character or Demise or Ganon? I guess Ganon didn't really exist yet?

Manipulating emotions via mind control is right up Majora's alley, who could take on a different form during the era this game is set. That is merely wishful thinking on my part though. It is likely Demise or Ganondorf.

TreIII

So who is possessing her mind? A new character or Demise or Ganon? I guess Ganon didn't really exist yet?

Especially if it's "non-canon", I'd say Ganon.

I mean, why go with any of the other/lesser-known Big Bads, when you're making a game like this that should at least meet certain base requirements for fanservice?

Super excited for this. Even if it's not the best game I've always enjoyed Dynasty Warriors co-op. I can't wait to see what other characters are playables. I'd be really happy if Vaati or Ghirahim even though there isn't much of a reason for them to appear.

Sami+

Nope.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Booby High School Anime Zelda approach.

KHlover

Banned
Nope.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Booby High School Anime Zelda approach.
Boobie High School Anime? Nah, this trope is muuuuuuuch older. This is more like the classic fairytale approach.

Witch hits on hero, hero declines. Witch gets mad and kidnaps hero's GF. May or may not cast a spell on the entire kingdom. Hero has to save everyone.

Top Bottom