• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] 40 minute Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain demo 1080p60 - 6/18 at 5 AM PST

Dawg

WE DD NOW

FavoriteDeadIraniangroundjay.gif

nikos

I don't know if it's the presentation, the game, or a combination of both, but it's putting me back to sleep. Looks sort of tedious to play.

That being said, I'll probably still buy it.

zonezeus

This looks freaking great, the game wasn't even on my radar before E3 but now I think I'll grab it eventually. Shame I only played MGS4 before and have no idea what is going on.

Only part I didn't like was the chain gun taking out the tank. The tank had at least 15 seconds to take out the chopper yet it did nothing, but snake was able yo blow up a tank with just a chain gun.

yuraya

The stealth and action gameplay is so delicious. Will spend hundreds of hours playing this. Can't wait for the PC mods its gonna be glorious.

Game of the forever.

foxtrot3d

Banned
HOLY CRAP! What a demo.

Every dream has come true! This year is going to go down as one of the best in gaming history Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, MGSV, Fallout 4, etc. Kojima has outdone himself yet again. Also, it seems the game is borrowing its gameplay elements heavily from Peace Walker which is fine by me since PW is one of the BEST MGS games.

SomTervo

Tbh I think this video is overkill. Meticulously describing and showing most of what you can do (which we already knew from previews, that were still compelling) isn't the same as playing it. Showing and describing moment-to-moment gameplay isn't very compelling at this stage, where as playing the bits on show would probably still be amazing.

Still almost definitely going to be a GotY contender and possibly GoAT contender, and I'm deffo buying it, but this video is almost too much for me. Almost oversaturation.

For people who haven't seen anything of the game yet, this could be a great intro.

Only part I didn't like was the chain gun taking out the tank. The tank had at least 15 seconds to take out the chopper yet it did nothing, but snake was able yo blow up a tank with just a chain gun.

They did say this segment was streamlined/edited to make it better for E3 video demonstration. Difficulty's probably artificially toned down a lot, at least.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The weapon customization is nice and all but I feel like it will be sort of like MGS4 where the game has dozens if not hundreds of weapon options but I just use the tranq gun (._. )

Spaghetti

waiting on a youtube upload like a few others in here. ign player is beyond trash and it is taking forever to download directly

Top Bottom