• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] 40 minute Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain demo 1080p60 - 6/18 at 5 AM PST

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
1434629997466hxscc.jpg

Good names.

Arttemis

Poor DD having to wait in the sun all day while BIg Boss smokes a cigar.

'Silent' mechs? Ok, I guess.

Too much god damn fultoning.

Enemy balloon decoys? Weird.

Not at all how I intend to play the game, but the flexibility in playstyles is simply incredible. I don't think I could ever comfortably use fulton recovery more than once per mission, if that. Completely trivializes the experience of infiltration and extraction.

Nice to see Kojima Productions logo back.

Kaizer

Banned
Waiting on a YouTube link, IGN Player is fucking terrible and my current download says it'll take 13 hours to download the file lmao

I can see this game will consume a lot of my time. 1 and a half months roughly till release.

D-Walker is hilarious!.

If that really is ps4 footage then well done to them for making it run so smoothly. Remember this is 60fps and still manages to look spectacular.

SomTervo

Poor DD having to wait in the sun all day while BIg Boss smokes a cigar.

'Silent' mechs? Ok, I guess.

Too much god damn fultoning.

Enemy balloon decoys? Weird.

Not at all how I intend to play the game, but the flexibility in playstyles is simply incredible. I don't think I could ever comfortably use fulton recovery more than once per mission, if that. Completely trivializes the experience of infiltration and extraction.

Nice to see Kojima Productions logo back.

It's confirmed that fultoning will be fairly limited. I'm not a big PW fan but even in PW you could only do it a few times per mission until you upgraded it.

Did you play PW? I hate the fultoning idea, but it's actually painfully compelling once you start doing it. A total 'gotta catch em all' addiction.

Nibel

This looks amazing. Had a smile on my face for the entire 40 minutes.

This truly feels like the next step for the stealth-genre; I despise most open-world games, but everything they've shown so far in MGSV looks brilliant. The way you can plan the missions and manage your buddies/Motherbase mid-game is impressive; tons of objects and resources around every corner and a lot of collectibles that make sense thanks to the Fulton system. Seeing how everything played out in realtime is kinda mindblowing considering they are obviously trying a similar approach to Peace Walker here but have so much more power to use and play with.

Really looking forward to this.

Skux

Hot damn. This is the Skyrim of stealth games.

I love seeing the measured approach. Gathering intel, scouting out a location and plotting a route, then infiltrating a base.

D-Walker is a fucking BOSS

jgminto

You'd be incredibly hamstrung if you aren't fultoning as many useful soldiers as you can, especially at the beginning of the game. Item development is directly tied to the skill and quantity of the soldiers assigned to different teams at Mother Base just like it was in Peace Walker.

So this demo was fantastic and all, but can someone tell me what Snake's fascination with goats is? lol. On his personal wall it was filled with pictures of goats. Some inside joke I must've missed perhaps?

On another note, I played GZ a while ago but didn't remember if they had completely removed the health and stamina bars. It seems they have done away with them completely in this demo and have turned to the bloodied screen and regen health system. So is it safe to say there will be no more rations and other health recovery items in this?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
It has Take on Me.

The game has Take on Me.

I've listened to this song like 500 times in the last two years.

Goddammit Kojima, you know me so well.

The only downside for me is that's an overwhelming amount of control options to manage, somehow I don't think we'll be eased into all of them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So this demo was fantastic and all, but can someone tell me what Snake's fascination with goats is? lol. On his personal wall it was filled with pictures of goats. Some inside joke I must've missed perhaps?

j3aGwj2.png

thankskoji.jpg

Klossen

Banned
If Kojima had come to E3 conference with the trailer and this video...
Considering how E3 went down, I think the universe would've imploded.

We're less than three months away. I'm starting to count the days. I haven't been this excited for a game in years.

Top Bottom