• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INCEPTION |OT| Movie of the Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
LakersGonnaLake said:
Nice OP. Trying to avoid as many details about this before I go see it, though.

Same here. I know next to nothing about this film really. Its been very hard trying to stay that way. I cant wait to watch it.

RevoDS

Cool OP for an hopefully amazing movie. Seeing the thread so early, I kinda hoped it was pushed up to this month though :/

Off-topic, I hate this new |OT| title trend. But I still forgive you, DP

ZeoVGM

Banned
GAF sure is hyping this up. :lol

Hopefully it's as fuckawesome as the trailers make it look.

Wes said:
A whole month away waaaaaaa.

RT prediction: 93%

I'm going to go with 87%.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I am far too excited about this movie, that much is true.

These next two months are going to be awesome.

E3, Inception, iPhone 4, Starcraft 2, I move into a new house

happy fucking joy, man

jett

D-Member
Rez said:
avatars across the internet are going to be unbearable for the next few months, aren't they?

dggkxz.gif

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just realized something: I've seen every one of Nolan's movies except for his first one. I think it's time I make the circle complete and soon.

Guzim

Shrinnan said:
I just realized something: I've seen every one of Nolan's movies except for his first one. I think it's time I make the circle complete and soon.
You can watch it on Netflix.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Guzim said:
You can watch it on Netflix.

I just renewed my subscription too.

EDIT: Wait, I never saw Insomnia either. I thought I did. Well, there's two movies I have to watch then.

DMczaf

Hugh Jackman's story on The Prestige

At Fox, where I was doing X-Men, the studio is very involved. On The Prestige, there was a guy from Warner Bros. who I chatted to on set who said, "This is a weird film to be on, because I feel like the guy in the office who is pretending to look busy, when really I have nothing to do. I kind of come down to set just to make it look like I'm doing my job." Chris is so on top of it.

Very involved?! That doesn't sound like my Fox!

Ridley327

Guzim said:
Any word on Following coming to blu-ray? I remember reading somewhere it was suppose to come out earlier this year.

Criterion already have their hands on it, but there hasn't been an update on its release since last September.

Inception looks pretty awesome.

artist

Banned
Wes said:
A whole month away waaaaaaa.

RT prediction: 93%
I'm going lower. It'll have lower than expected scores but higher than expected BO gross. :p

I'm fine with 2.5 hrs of glorious Nolan palooza, got tired of watching formulaic CGI movies like Avatar ..

It's interesting Ken Watanabe has second billing. That would be epic if had that much screentime or maybe its for international markets.

Bernbaum

Inception is one of those rare treasures that, once I'm aware of who is creatively involved, I simply compartmentalise away in the back of my mind and pay no attention to, safe in the knowledge that when the day comes to open that box nothing but sheer joy awaits.

dominuece

Very nice OP. I'm expecting a super mindfuck of a movie! I mean..dreaming in a dream..whatthefuuuuholy shit!
it's too early to get excited, I know
:lol

big ander

Shrinnan said:
I just renewed my subscription too.

EDIT: Wait, I never saw Insomnia either. I thought I did. Well, there's two movies I have to watch then.
I still need to see Insomnia too, and I don't have the time to watch it tonight. D:
Following is very good though.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I'm beginning to think Christopher Nolan is both of the Warner Bros.
:lol :lol :lol

Goddamn, in the first theatrical trailer, "Wake me up! WAKE ME UP!" gives me fucking chills every time.

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
Looks good. This show and The American are two shows I'm looking forward to this summer. Followed by Scott Pilgrim, and the Expendables just for the lols.

big ander

DanielPlainview said:
could anyone make me a gif of the part in the trailer where my avatar occurs? I would <3 you forever.
I tried but Gimp crashed twice so I gave up. :p

"I think I found a way home. And this last job: that's how I get there." Fuuuuu

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Can't wait for the 3rd act twist where we see Nolan asleep in his Chicago manor dreaming up the film as it's projected on-scree-OH SHIT SPOILERS I'M SO SORRY

big ander said:
I tried but Gimp crashed twice so I gave up. :p

"I think I found a way home. And this last job: that's how I get there." Fuuuuu

ah thanks for trying, maybe I can learn how to do it myself.

GIVE HIM THE KICK!

wRATH2x

Banned
Rez said:
avatars across the internet are going to be unbearable for the next few months, aren't they?
They have been for a long while now.

Can't wait for this, first Nolan movie after TDK! :D I love the idea behind it and the awesome cast is something to excited about.

Plainview I echo the sentiment that if you spoil anything I'll personally murder you and everything you hold dear, and that's if DM doesn't shiv you for making this thread before him.

big ander

Just watched Insomnia, it was great. Williams was excellent in it. I loved how the
flashes to Will in that room dripping the blood on a shirt were red herrings for any viewer thinking there was some chronological play going on (i.e. me). Instead, it was just the point where Will had made a terrible choice that continued to haunt him and ended up catching up with him.
Now that I've seen every Nolan film: Memento>The Prestige>TDK>Insomnia>Batman Begins>Following. Expecting Inception to end up topping that list. :D

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Can't wait for the 3rd act twist where we see Nolan asleep in his Chicago manor dreaming up the film as it's projected on-scree-OH SHIT SPOILERS I'M SO SORRY
And the twist after that where it's revealed that it's all a dream from the mind of Leo, who in the real world, works at a Wal-Mart.

Dead

well not really...yet
big ander said:
Just watched Insomnia, it was great. Williams was excellent in it. I loved how the
flashes to Will in that room dripping the blood on a shirt were red herrings for any viewer thinking there was some chronological play going on (i.e. me). Instead, it was just the point where Will had made a terrible choice that continued to haunt him and ended up catching up with him.
Now that I've seen every Nolan film: Memento>The Prestige>TDK>Insomnia>Batman Begins>Following. Expecting Inception to end up topping that list. :D

And the twist after that where it's revealed that it's all a dream from the mind of Leo, who in the real world, works at a Wal-Mart.
Insomnia is underrated total. I love the opening shots to the movie.

big ander

Dead said:
Insomnia is underrated total. I love the opening shots to the movie.
The opening shots were gorgeous even when watching on SDVD playing on a Blu-Ray drive. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't just wait for the BD version to be available. I also loved the way it played with lighting at times.

feel

Nice thread brah

244z85t.jpg

The trailer, so good. Very hyped for this one, these horn sounds in the trailer music get me all pumped.

way more

Why do they need so many guns to steal ideas? Who knows and who cares! Sweet!

Snow camo assault on a winter stronghold? In a dream? Whatever, sweet!

Sniper rifles and grenade launchers in what is, ostensibly, a psychological thriller. Sweet!

Empty

god dammit. seeing this thread go up made me think for a second that its release was much closer, only to be dissapointed by the date in the op.

Chaser

Great thread, I cannot wait for this film.
Loved everything the man has put out so far (with Memento topping my list in general), and I've been anticipating this one for far too long.

But thanks GAF for ruining Leo's head for me. Can never unsee. =/

Truant

Leo realizes the cost of working as a dream agent is too steep, but JGL is like, 'NO WE GOTTA FINISH THIS MISSION' and they become enemies.

Barrett2

Great OP. I've been preaching the word about this movie to any friends, co-workers and family who will listen. Doin' my part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom