• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INCEPTION |OT| Movie of the Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I just had an "inception" moment.

I was walking out of my gym tonight and on the computer screen of the receptionist I checked to see what was on the screen (just wondering what the hell the receptionist looks at all day).

Anyway, on the screen there was a membership renewal screen up saying

"Membership Due - Member: Christopher Nolan"

I thought to myself, man that name sounds familiar. I knew it was a Hollywood name from somewhere and then I click on this thread without having seen anything about this movie except as a trailer before Iron Man 2 a couple of weeks ago.

Seeing that is directed by Christopher Nolan and reading the synopsis has blown my mind a little. Seems like a very funny coincidence.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Can't believe two of my favorite filmmakers (Edgar Wright and Nolan) are releasing films within one month of each other. Those two movies alone compensate for the massive shitfest that is this summer in film.

Solo

You dont need to tag speculate, man. For instance, I speculate that there will be much circle jerking in this thread in 1.5 months.

Letters said:
Nice thread brah

244z85t.jpg

The trailer, so good. Very hyped for this one, these horn sounds in the trailer music get me all pumped.

thanks! That's not avatar size though, right?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there a good place to find HD versions of the trailers for download? Itunes, at least the uk version is fucking terrible and a search for inception yields no movie results :(

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Anyone have any good desktops for this movie?

My search only yields one of the movie posters blown up to something that isn't super high res, and I want me some inceptiony goodness.

Perhaps someone could screencap the tail end of the trailer where it's got the Inception title in that neon light style or something from a 1080p trailer?

wRATH2x

Banned
RubxQub said:
Anyone have any good desktops for this movie?

My search only yields one of the movie posters blown up to something that isn't super high res, and I want me some inceptiony goodness.
I gotta get in on that.

ezekial45

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Is there a good place to find HD versions of the trailers for download? Itunes, at least the uk version is fucking terrible and a search for inception yields no movie results :(

The official website lets you download the trailers.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Has there been any early reviews for this film yet?

just a few unfounded impressions from an insiders screening:

even the most cynical people who usually hate everything were knocked out. "It was beautiful." Lots of gushing about the "incredible work" by Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, and Ellen Page

Blablurn

i saw both trailers but i have no idea what it's about. still looking forward to it :lol maybe i should watch the german trailer instead... an no.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
fucking awesome thread Plainview.

I was intending to work on it for like a month! teehee

HOSDd.gif

Even made shit like this!

I guess I can delete my progress. :lol

edit: maybe you can use that as a banner for the trailers or something?

UK Theater Exhibs:

The dark horse is Christopher Nolan’s Inception, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, which Warner Bros. releases on July 16. Hyped as “007 meets The Matrix”, cinema bookers predict it could gross anything between £15 million and £30 million over here.

That's up to $43M US dollars, is that a lot in the UK?

DMczaf

I'm sure WB would be jumping for joy if this made $40M+ US there.

http://riskybusiness.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/06/03/bullseye-boxoffice-forecast-inception-splice-greek-marmaduke-killers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+thr/riskybusiness+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+|+Risky+Business)

Say hello to Chris Nolan. His “Inception,” which tied for Number One with “IM2″ on the Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of the Summer list based on Flixtser Scores that I put up a few weeks ago, entered the Bullseye with a big splash. It’s cozying up to the center with more activity already than most anything else on the chart. That’s going to be one hell of an opening for Warner Bros.

june_4_bullseye_lg.jpg

gcubed

thanks for this thread, the trailers looked awesome but i was still struggling to figure out exactly what it was about. Didn't want to look too much on the internet and spoil it

I'm honestly a huge fan of every male actor in here EXCEPT DiCaprio. But he's competent so I don't mind him leading.

Still, a chance to see people like Murphy, Caine, Watanabe, Gordon-Levitt and Hardy together. Whoa.

big ander

Discotheque said:
I'm honestly a huge fan of every male actor in here EXCEPT DiCaprio. But he's competent so I don't mind him leading.

Still, a chance to see people like Murphy, Caine, Watanabe, Gordon-Levitt and Hardy together. Whoa.
I love Caine, but he looks like he's got only a really small role. Who knows where the movie will go though. :D

Not super excited for this. Something about the previews makes it look kind of dull to me, but I'm sure the film will be way better than the trailers. Not that the trailers have been bad but none of them have really gotten me to think damn, I'm dying to see this. Nothing has really stood out to me yet, but in a way that's a good thing. If the film is mindblowingly incredible, it will just take me by surprise even more, so in a way I'm glad my hype is really low.

Awesome OP - this is definitely my most anticipated movie of the year.

Guzim said:
You can watch it on Netflix.
I'll be watching Following on Netflix this weekend - it's my last unwatched Nolan too.

is there something going on with nolan and having to cast like super homely women?? Gyllenhal was the only thing to bring down the perfect quality of the dark knight. I mean, im sure there is a gorgeous chick, with acting chops to be in one of his movies right?

brandonh83 said:
Not super excited for this. Something about the previews makes it look kind of dull to me, but I'm sure the film will be way better than the trailers. Not that the trailers have been bad but none of them have really gotten me to think damn, I'm dying to see this. Nothing has really stood out to me yet, but in a way that's a good thing. If the film is mindblowingly incredible, it will just take me by surprise even more, so in a way I'm glad my hype is really low.
You are a lucky man, I wish my balls didn't explode everytime I watched the latest trailer.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
is there something going on with nolan and having to cast like super homely women?? Gyllenhal was the only thing to bring down the perfect quality of the dark knight. I mean, im sure there is a gorgeous chick, with acting chops to be in one of his movies right?

Marion Cotillard is so hot brah.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Revengeance said:
I'll be watching Following on Netflix this weekend - it's my last unwatched Nolan too.

Just watched Following. Great movie, especially when it's done by someone who uses their own pocket cash and gets friends and family to help act in it.

I just need to see Insomnia because I don't think I've seen that film. Although I am watching Nolan's films in order so the next one on my list is really Memento.

TrAcEr_x90 said:

1. Maggie Gyllenhaal is a hottie. Screw the haters.

2. Are we really so shallow and stuck in the past that a women's attractiveness defines their place in a film? :/

DanielPlainview said:
You are a lucky man, I wish my balls didn't explode everytime I watched the latest trailer.

Don't get me wrong. I think it looks good and I think it has a cool concept. I have nothing against what I'm seeing. I just don't have the massive level of hype for it as I usually do for stuff like this, but again I think that's better for me in the long run.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Inferno313 said:
2. Are we really so shallow and stuck in the past that a women's attractiveness defines their place in a film? :/

I don't care about how they look, although I didn't like the inclusion of the Rachel Dawes character. At first I thought maybe it was just Katie Holmes' acting that made the Dawes character seem unbelievable and bland, but then Maggie Gyllenhaal took on the role and the character changed little from her introduction (thought I was going to use inception, didn't you?) in Begins.

In short: Rachel Dawes was an awful character. At least that's how I have come to see it.

Blader

brandonh83 said:

what in the hell

Solo

Blader5489 said:
what in the hell

I feel the same way brandon does. I like Nolan's movies (although I dont worship at his altar like a certain sect of GAF does), but so far none of the trailers have blown me away. If I didnt know it was a Nolan movie, I might not have bothered to watch it until Bluray.

Also, Nolan will never make another movie that isn't PG13 unless one of his movies bombs big time and WB ends their arrangement.

That's the problem. He's been pumping out some quality stuff but it feels like he's being controlled. It's like WB just looks at him as their go-to guy for everything now. I'm guessing if Green Lantern flops (it probably won't though) but IF it does, we all know who they'll go to for some solutions.

WillyFive

Discotheque said:
That's the problem. He's been pumping out some quality stuff but it feels like he's being controlled. It's like WB just looks at him as their go-to guy for everything now. I'm guessing if Green Lantern flops (it probably won't though) but IF it does, we all know who they'll go to for some solutions.

Or it could be that he grew up and wants to make his movie watchable for everyone?

Yeah...that's it. Forgive me for questioning Lord Nolan's motives.

I'm just anxious to see another 'Memento' style film from him. Even Raimi decided to go back to his roots a bit with Drag Me to Hell. Also what the hell does "he grew up" got to do with that?

You think people who make more adult movies are immature or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom