• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Stackboy

Getting the white PS4 on 9/9. Thinking of playing this and skipping Second Son

Second Son is worth a playthrough. Thinking about going back and finishing the districts before First Light.

This is the first digital game I have preordered on PS4!

sector4

Awesome OT guys, heroin in heroine had me in stitches haha!

Really looking forward to this, but I'm a sucker for a retail package, so I'll be waiting until September to dive in. I'm looking forward to GAF impressions though, Second Son is still one of my favourites of the year.

dralla

The neon powers were great for traversal in Second Son but I did not enjoy them in combat at all, they felt so weak. This is my big concern with this. I know she has new abilities that Delsin didn't have but have they shown any? Picking enemies off with slow-mo got boring pretty quick, I'd love to see some Neon powers that cause some serious destruction and feel powerful. Also, some more creative missions. I want this game to be good, the Neon traversal is so damn good

fade_

The neon powers were great for traversal in Second Son but I did not enjoy them in combat at all, they felt so weak. This is my big concern with this. I know she has new abilities that Delsin didn't have but have they shown any? Picking enemies off with slow-mo got boring pretty quick, I'd love to see some Neon powers that cause some serious destruction and feel powerful. Also, some more creative missions. I want this game to be good, the Neon traversal is so damn good

I honestly preferred them over the video powers for combat and thought the video powers were best for travelling. Plus the super move was pretty OP which sealed the deal.

Her Super is better than Destin's. It's a neon vortex bomb.

def sim

The neon karmic attack was pretty broken, though. It didn't matter if they were above/below, behind a building or in another dimension, they're gonna get hit by something fabulous.

Lime

Never played Second Son but this has a much better pricetag and Fetch's style is much cooler than Delsin's.

Already preordered and can't wait to check out the graphics and aesthetics of this game. I love the standalone aspect!

leng jai

All the combat in Second Son felt weak and underwhelming. You'd think they'd be able to produce something more exciting with the whole superhero angle.

dralla

All the combat in Second Son felt weak and underwhelming. You'd think they'd be able to produce something more exciting with the whole superhero angle.

They're definitely able to. Cole felt like a powerhouse with the "rockets", "grenades", flipping and tossing cars, and his special melee finishers. In SS, Delsin would throw out balls of smoke that enemies would inhale and...cough...

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
They're definitely able to. Cole felt like a powerhouse with the "rockets", "grenades", flipping and tossing cars, and his special melee finishers. In SS, Delsin would throw out balls of smoke that enemies would inhale and...cough...

I definitely miss those. I also missed the "shockwave" that Cole had that would let him push people off of him. I guess the equivalent was the "shotgun" blast for smoke and the grenades for neon, just didn't feel the same.

I wonder if Sucker Punch tried some more creative stuff but either a) it wasn't working in play testing or b) they got it working they just couldn't fine tune it.

def sim

Probably pacific since sony doesn't know that there are other time zones in the US.

Is that really the case for every release? I know MS strictly follows pacific time, but I recall Sony releasing some games around 12AM eastern on PSN. Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, I think.

Gray Matter

Is that really the case for every release? I know MS strictly follows pacific time, but I recall Sony releasing some games around 12AM eastern on PSN. Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, I think.

Probably some big games, but everything I have ever bought on the PS store has been released at 3 AM eastern (where I live) which is midnight pacific (where sony HQ is).

I really find it frustrating that sony doesn't accommodate for different time zones with digital releases. I don't wanna have to wait until 3 AM for the game to unlock.

def sim

Probably some big games, but everything I have ever bought on the PS store has been released at 3 AM eastern (where I live) which is midnight pacific (where sony HQ is).

I really find it frustrating that sony doesn't accommodate for different time zones with digital releases. I don't wanna have to wait until 3 AM for the game to unlock.

Ah

Well, here's hoping they think about us east coast people that want to check it out for a bit at midnight.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
zlwhtk.gif

Damn thats a sweet gif.

mreddie

Can't wait for this, Fetch was underused in SS so it'll be cool to see her in this.

Kinda wish there is another episode focusing on Eugene or
Celia
or someone new.

I hope this is good. I really enjoyed Second Son, but for the whole game I couldn't shake this quiet feeling of vague boredom that kept me from outright loving it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
SS felt like it ran out of steam narrative wise. Soon as you do the Fetch specific missions, she's practically gone from the rest of the game. Even the slight nod to a romance developing in the middle just got tossed off a cliff. It was strange.

Good game though. And goddamn it was gorgeous.

Glad I'm not the only one mad that the Fetch/Delsin romance didn't go anywhere past the string of missions you do for her. I'll buy First Light at a high price.

KalBalboa

Banned
US is getting a retail release, correct?

Can't decide between physical or digital, if that's the case. Looks great & I love Fetch.

EDIT: Oops, digital it is. Pre-ordering tonight!

That's a hell of an OT, BurnOutBrighter and Dawg! Great job!

Can't wait to play this next week assuming my hotel has a decent internet connect and tv to play on.

<3 Fetch

Top Bottom