• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

I've got Second Son in the mail from Gamefly. If I dig it I'll pre-order this. (Though to be honest I'll probably get it no matter what)

That preorder costume is cool. Almost Normandy-ish

just to make sure, the preloading isnt for NA right? I thought Destiny was the first game to have that

Edit: oop, read back a page and it supposedly is. Holy shit the hype rises

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Looks like you can pre-order with gamestop and they have a pre-order costume though there is no pic of it. Hoping its the same pre-order costume as the psn one.

I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of Fetch (but then again how could I be, they devoted almost no time to expanding any of the characters) but I enjoyed SS well enough and Neon was my favorite power so I'm in.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just got the platinum on Second Son, exactly 7 days from buying my PS4. Bring on First Light!

Is that really the case for every release? I know MS strictly follows pacific time, but I recall Sony releasing some games around 12AM eastern on PSN. Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, I think.

I can't speak for those 2 but rogue legacy unlocked at midnight Est. So it's on a game by game basis. Second Son didn't have preloading but that and MGS were on the store midnight EST.

Preloading is a beautiful things but either way Those on the the East get robbed. This is one of the many reasons I wish I lived in Cali. (Women & weather being the bigger ones)

Musolf815

So ready. In the hype for Second Son I couldn't help thinking I wanted a Fetch game, and it turns out they were already making one so go Sucker Punch!

Carnby

I'm importing the retail version from Europe, and it's only going to cost a little over 20 US dollars. Owning a physical copy of the game is going to be worth the wait.

If I start a contest for this anyone want to chip in and/or judge. I've been hesitant about what could be in the game aka only a small amount of areas that wouldn't result in too many similar pictures.
If it happens I'll make the thread this Saturday or Sunday

Cubed

I was just thinking: we haven't had any confirmation on resolution or frame rate for this, have we?

I think we are all confident it will be 1080P. Any chance they optimize their engine and have this game running at a solid 60 frames per second? That'd be a nice surprise.

leng jai

I was just thinking: we haven't had any confirmation on resolution or frame rate for this, have we?

I think we are all confident it will be 1080P. Any chance they optimize their engine and have this game running at a solid 60 frames per second? That'd be a nice surprise.

That seems like huge jump in performance in a limited timeframe. Highly doubtful.

dreamfall

Whoa neat! Still need to preorder, but it's gonna be SO FETCH!

iVd6S06bYglmB.gif

Holy goodness, the OT is absolutely stunning. Bravo Dawg!

I so miss Mean Girls.

Probably some big games, but everything I have ever bought on the PS store has been released at 3 AM eastern (where I live) which is midnight pacific (where sony HQ is).

I really find it frustrating that sony doesn't accommodate for different time zones with digital releases. I don't wanna have to wait until 3 AM for the game to unlock.
One of the main reasons I haven't switched completely to digital. I wanted to get Destiny on PSN, but it says it doesn't unlock until 12am PST. I'm not waiting until 3am. So I'll just get it at the midnight release at Gamestop and play it 3 hours earlier.

vakarian32

$15 yep I'm in, just finished Second Son last week so I'm ready for more. Do we have any idea how big the download will be?

padlock

Glad I'm not the only one mad that the Fetch/Delsin romance didn't go anywhere past the string of missions you do for her. I'll buy First Light at a high price.

I vaguely remember them implying that they hooked up one night. Am I not remembering right?

Melchiah

Great OT. I've already pre-ordered the game from the PSN store. I didn't know the DLC has a platinum trophy of its own. Hopefully it won't be harder to get than the main game's was.

I believe if you have the original game you get access to a Delsin skin for the games Battle Arenas.

Also here is Pre-Orer D.U.P Fetch Skin
infamous_first_light-10.jpg

Fuck... I might have to preorder. That's so awesome. I am a fan of making these characters look preogressively less normal and more like superheroes.

StuBurns

Banned
Sony just canceled my preorder, and they didn't give a reason for it, very strange, never had this happen before, and it's not an account balance problem.

Ambitious

Uh, I just received an email from Sony. My First Light preorder has been cancelled because of "technical issues". I'm supposed to simply purchase it when it's released and I will still be entitled to the preorder costume.

EU PSN, by the way.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Got an email saying they cancelled mine too, in the UK in case it is just happening here, said it was a technical issue and that was it. Also said I still get the pre-order costume still which is nice.

Wonder what broke.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think the only chance we have of it hitting 60fps is if it's in a much smaller area than the main game. I know the final boss in Second Son was a pretty solid 60 because of the tiny room it too place in.

Top Bottom