• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Grinchy

Banned
I'm doing a quick evil run on Expert to finish up my trophies for the game. It's been fun for the most part, but it's been harder than it should. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but this is a little tedious. I wish Normal mode was a little harder than it was, but Expert is just cheap in its difficulty. It's almost as annoying as Infamous 1 where every enemy was an AK-wielding marksman.

I'm on the last mission now, though. I'll plat this awesome game tomorrow.

On facebook Sucker Punch just posted:

Live in the Seattle area? 100 seats with us during the Sony E3 press conference at the Lincoln Square Theaters

I could be reading into this too much but......

Infamous Second Son DLC at E3? Infamous Second Son DLC at E3.

Pleaseeee based Sucker Punch I need those glass, paper, and wire powers D:

I'm doing a quick evil run on Expert to finish up my trophies for the game. It's been fun for the most part, but it's been harder than it should. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but this is a little tedious. I wish Normal mode was a little harder than it was, but Expert is just cheap in its difficulty. It's almost as annoying as Infamous 1 where every enemy was an AK-wielding marksman.

I'm on the last mission now, though. I'll plat this awesome game tomorrow.

That's because you are rushing.
I actually died a lot less on expert than I did on Normal.
Once you know your weapons and enemy behavior, the game gets easy, even on expert.

Are you at least getting shards and clearing areas? That's key key to make the game easier. Also, use karmic streak as many times as you can.

Endo Punk

SS has the highest plat percentage Ive seen on PS4 at 9.5%

Anyone know the % to hannah montana game or that Terminator(Salvation I think) one?

Grinchy

Banned
That's because you are rushing.
I actually died a lot less on expert than I did on Normal.
Once you know your weapons and enemy behavior, the game gets easy, even on expert.

Are you at least getting shards and clearing areas? That's key key to make the game easier. Also, use karmic streak as many times as you can.

I'm not actively going after anything, but I do grab shards when they're nearby. It's also a lot harder to get the karmic streak when playing Evil, I've found.

Playing a Good run on Expert probably would feel like a breeze.

Nvzman

Took this picture to share:
1oOR2Of.jpg

Also this:
hY2zWyy.jpg

I can't seem to find that gif of the Asian guy from Turn Down for What edited with the beanie and neon powers.

I literally just got the reference. Someone help me find the gif?

Edit: Found it

3lb32Fb.gif

someday

Banned
Everything seemed easier on expert. Maybe it's because I had already played through twice before that, including my 100% run. Either way, expert isn't hard if you collect the shards and level up your powers before each battle.

Grinchy

Banned
Just finished up my evil run and damn, that ending lol

Platinum get. I hope to see some DLC b/c the gameplay is too good not to.

spekkeh

Banned
Btw, I love how this game has a lot less bullshit than the others. Getting 100% felt natural in both playthoughs, not a result of an infinite and boring griding. It's the perfect length.
I think the ending section is some major bullshit though. Annoying enemy spam, drop in water and die (hank coop battle) and having to traverse the entire map twice.

Melchiah

Btw, I love how this game has a lot less bullshit than the others. Getting 100% felt natural in both playthoughs, not a result of an infinite and boring griding. It's the perfect length.

I couldn't agree more. While the sidequests could have been more varied, it was refreshing to be able to platinum a game without needless grinding. The process was actually entertaining, which after all is what games are all about. Hopefully other developers take a lesson from this approach.

sun-drop

no that would be terrible , frankly.

and what a couple hours worth of content?

they have this awesome playground, already built. get online multi in there

I'd love to have more to do in the city that's already there. Maybe expand upon the DUP invasions a bit, and add some more emergent encounters.

Since completing both of the game's narrative paths, and once with all the city areas fully cleared, there's really nothing calling me back into that world - which is a shame too, considering how sizable and detailed it is.

Open world cities are always begging to have more content and side missions and emergent scenarios added to them after launch. Its a giant playground after all and I'd love a reason to go back.

Arrrammis

The best solution I can think of to Second Son's lack of Endgame content is the same way they did it in Infamous 2: UGC. It is a simple solution, perhaps a bit difficult to put in game, but they managed it before, theoretically it is possible. This way there is always an infinite stream of content for people to use, and Players who prefer flexing their creative writing and designing muscles have a good opportunity to let others see their talent!

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Finally broke down and got a PS4 and this game.

I'm impressed.. I'm having more fun with this than I did Infamous 2. I think it's Delsin's traversal methods.. getting around is just a lot of fun.

Just getting done downloading that MGS5:GZ thing.. with the $10 code it was like 8 and some change right now.. thought fuck it.. why not.

Just tried out remote play too.. pretty snazzy as well.

Games pretty intuitive too.. my 6yr old is messing around now on it.. she loves doing the graffiti.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Still slowly working through this game after getting it at launch. Just got the third set of powers. Really love the visuals and the traversal mechanics. It's a ton of fun just to run through the city. They nailed the 'feel' of Seattle, but damn if the geography isn't strange as hell.

My major complaint is that I'm really just not having any fun with the combat. Delsin feels frail and every DUP operative has god-tier sniper levels of aiming skill. Some of the one-on-one boss fights have been OK, but combat out and about the city has been nothing but frustrating for me. Maybe I just suck, but I often have a hard time even finding who is shooting me and by the time I do, I have to take cover because the screen is pulsing white.

I say this as someone who really enjoyed the original Infamous but didn't play the second game.

Number45

After getting the platinum in the first two games I have no idea why I didn't pick this up sooner. Finished my good/normal run and I'm a little way into starting my proper (expert/evil) run... it always feels like the right way to play an Infamous game.

I was going to comment that the feels were lacking on my first run, but the first major decision on the evil play-through was hard to take. :'(

new dlc featuring a playable fetch

standalone as well seems interesting. Hopefully her powers will be somewhat different to the ones we got to use with Delsin

Is this game worth it for $30? Seems kind of fun... are the graphics better than GTA V?
Yes and yes. If you like any of the previous Infamous titles you'll like this as it's more or less the same mechanics and systems that have been there before with a really slick coat of paint on top of it.

Melchiah

Yes and yes. If you like any of the previous Infamous titles you'll like this as it's more or less the same mechanics and systems that have been there before with a really slick coat of paint on top of it.

I didn't like the first one myself, but enjoyed I:SS very much.

ThisOne

I just got to He Who Dwells. What a boring boss fight. I think this is easily my least favorite of the three Infamous games.

I bought this game a little while ago during a sale and played it for about and hour and stopped due to time constraints. A few days ago I tried it again and before I knew it I was completely invested and now have beaten it. I had a lot of fun so I think i'm going to try and get the platinum trophy now. I'm about 90% with all the collectables then i'll have to run the game through on hard/evil.

Grinchy

Banned
I really can't wait to see what they come up with for the next game. This one was a nice starting point. You can tell it's a bit on the barebones side. It reminds me a little of Mario Kart 8. The foundation is very well crafted, but it's almost like it came out before anything other than its basic functionality could be perfected.

Grinchy

Banned
I liked neon the best for the good playthrough and maybe smoke or video for evil.

I didn't really like video very much in my good playthrough.

Number45

I liked neon the best for the good playthrough and maybe smoke or video for evil.

I didn't really like video very much in my good playthrough.
It's the travel powers mainly, video is so much fun to use. It's also actually stronger on good than on evil because you can upgrade it for two invisible subdues, which is great fun to dart in and out and pick them off without taking much damage.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I am going to try and get my friend who is an artist for a living paint the cover of my PS4. I am thinking of doing a graphic from Infamous, and I am thinking either a hand with the pink neon powers coming out, or the red/blue graffiti style billboard that appears when you call in and conquer a district. Or I am open for suggestions.

Can someone help me get a few good screenshots like that? I can't find the screenshot thread.

This is probably the most fun I've had playing an openworld game since Prototype 2. I just completed a True Hero playthrough in which I cleared 100% of the openworld activities as well as the Paper Trails ARG in the post-game and am now playing through Second Son again on Expert doing an evil run. Probably going to be my first platinum trophy.

Edit: I didn't honestly expect much of a change when playing through the game again but the good and bad karma bonuses your powers get were enough to alter how I played. Once I got Neon in my True Hero playthrough I pretty much stopped using Smoke outside of the few occasions where you're sort of compelled to use it. Neon is just so much better at rapid traversal, and it's pretty decent in combat with the laser focus bonus you get with good karma. I simply found Neon to be more practical to use than Smoke. I found it simply easier to incapacitate enemies with Neon's laser focus, you don't get that ability with bad karma and that's pretty much eliminated its use for me in combat. Smoke gets all of these damage and traversal buffs with bad karma that simply makes it more viable later in the game, if finding ground level vents wasn't a persistent issue, I'd probably be exclusively using Smoke. I'm curious to see how Video is changed with bad karma.

The vastly different karma missions was a nice surprise. I just expected variants of the good karma missions, not completely different experiences.

That's kind of rough but to be perfectly honest you're not missing much. I think for every minute of actual gameplay there is in Paper Trails, most of which was just chasing someone from point A to B, there was roughly five to ten minutes of playing the ARG on your PC. You get a couple of different vests for Delsin, a mask and some starting karma for your next playthrough but since that cosmetic stuff doesn't carry over to your next playthrough it's mostly just superfluous content for whatever there is of the post-game for you to do. If you complete all of the openworld activities before beating the game then there really isn't much point to the post-game.

The karma boost was probably the most useful thing you get from Paper Trails but you don't really need it.

I Platinum'd Second Son last night, the dark ending was pretty bleak but man were Smoke and Video awesome to use with bad karma. The game didn't even seem significantly more difficult on expert. I think I had the most trouble with He Who Dwells on normal and that fight was a total cakewalk on expert.

I cracked up at Delsin breaking the 4th wall when I got the platinum.

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
Meeh, my pre-order of First Light was cancelled due to technical issue. Did this happen to anyone else?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126658322&postcount=245

There was a clerical mistake made somewhere during the submission of the pre-order offer to PSN for SCEE territories. First Light itself is ready and submitted/approved for publication -- this is simply a mechanics problem with the pre-order program in Europe.

Apologies to affected customers, and we hope you all enjoy the game when it launches in ~4 days!

Sucker Punch

I believe it still lets you download the Fetch costume though, so everything should be cool.

finally finished the game after going through my backlog, i got my goodie ending as i planned, but honestly i thought, "thats it?" when the credits rolled. felt really short and i didnt rush the game i feel. i liked the game in general but i feel kinda disappointed, like something was missing overall gameplay wise. i think i preferred I2 more. still gonna buy the DLC when it comes out though.

Top Bottom