• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AirBrian

Game 1:
AirBrian - 53
blahness - 20

Game 2:
AirBrian - 65
blahness - 26

Game 3:
AirBrian - 50
blahness - 112

Totals:
AirBrian - 168
blahness - 158

Wow, great final game, blahness! You almost came back! I'll admit I was getting very nervous!

Astro, I just started it up.

bonesquad

You can blame eznark's stupid ass 2-hit shooters who totally dominated me. It was a small personal victory when I was finally able to kill one:) (FYI: eznark was green and I was NY.)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Eznark 17 JustJeff 10

Sorry AB

So.. I guess I'll be playing justjeff in the "playoff" format? What is it, best of 3, with the winner of the game picking second for the next game?

I actually lost my group stage match against justjeff... damnit. lol

bonesquad

So.. I guess I'll be playing justjeff in the "playoff" format? What is it, best of 3, with the winner of the game picking second for the next game?

I actually lost my group stage match against justjeff... damnit. lol

I wouldn't worry. I started 3-1, but currently I'm marred in a losing streak going 1-3 in my last four games. Then again, maybe I'm due... Bah, I'm going to bed. It's been a long week.

Smiley90

I wouldn't worry. I started 3-1, but currently I'm marred in a losing streak going 1-3 in my last four games. Then again, maybe I'm due... Bah, I'm going to bed. It's been a long week.

NO WE'RE PLAYING RIGHT NOW WHILE YOU'RE TIRED

:p I kid, I kid. we need rules first :p

Ok, well technically playoffs are set, as neither Astro nor Blahness can change the outcome, but I still want them to finish their game first, as it will effect seeding eventually when a second NH tourney comes around. but these are the 4 that make it in:

1 - Smiley
2 - eznark
3 - Slacker
4 - Justjeff (Bonesquad)

I cant stop you from playing your games before the actual RR is done (I would rather you wait though, haha), but please at least wait to post the outcome until after the RR portion is completed.

Heel

Lots of interesting Playdek news in this interview from Pocket Tactics: Playdek’s George Rothrock & Gary Weis on Agricola, venture funding, and more

-Playdek "platform" coming that can be accessed from the web and through the games themselves (in-game chat, please?)

-Ascension: Besides Immortal Heroes, new promo packs and "a new digital exclusive"

-Summonor Wars: "new factions and updates and a new feature coming this summer"

-Tank on Tank next year, Command and Colors also pushed back for "an announcement from us and Lock n’ Load before too long about what we’ve decided to prioritize ahead of it"

-Tanto Cuore later in the year

-Wizards of the Coast information later in the year

Reading that makes it sound like Agricola is still kind of a ways off, if they have 2 trailers to put out before it goes up... damn, haha.

Also, I thought Playdek was doing SmashUp?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NH
AstroLad (NY) 14
blahness (Yellow) 11

Intense match that basically just came down to the last couple tiles. Nice way to close out the tournament. Thanks to blahness for us pretty much getting the game done within like an hour of setting it up. :p

Huzzah! RR complete, let the Finals begin!

Neuroshima Hex Finals 1

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/NeuroshimaHexFinals1

NeuroshimaHexFinals1.png

edit: leaving both picture links up for now, while the challonge server switches it from my personal challonge to the NeoGAF challonge.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Humble Request: Eclipse is one of the hottest games in the universe, but it's pretty deep at first. I'm sure BDC will make some sort of video tutorial, but if you want to get in on some Eclipse action Day One, might be worth checking out the manual: http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/articles/eclipse-pdf-rules.php I know I will be.

I'll be posting a similar request before Agricola comes out. :) Three cheers for deep, amazing games going digital & async.

Humble Request: Eclipse is one of the hottest games in the universe, but it's pretty deep at first. I'm sure BDC will make some sort of video tutorial, but if you want to get in on some Eclipse action Day One, might be worth checking out the manual: http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/articles/eclipse-pdf-rules.php I know I will be.

I'll be posting a similar request before Agricola comes out. :) Three cheers for deep, amazing games going digital & async.

I know how to play both! so im down to play the instant they come out! Woop woop!

Great idea though, Eclipse is simple once you know how to play, but its a lot to take in at first.

Edit: Merc and Heel, have you guys played more than the 1 game?

Are Biggyfries and Risottoball around here somewhere?

mercviper

I know how to play both! so im down to play the instant they come out! Woop woop!

Great idea though, Eclipse is simple once you know how to play, but its a lot to take in at first.

Edit: Merc and Heel, have you guys played more than the 1 game?

Are Biggyfries and Risottoball around here somewhere?

Haven't. I seem to have misplaced my iPad over the weekend. Likely it's in my car.

I'm down for Ticket to Ride. Especially with expansions. :)

I'd be careful about using Ticket to Ride in competition mode as having played TTR:E this weekend (with family) it came up with different winners depending on whether it dealt with the stations properly.
We only realised because we got to do the final moves 'live' around a table.
My phone announced me as the winner, having correctly counted a station, whereas Mrs Robot was declared the winner on hers, and didn't include my completed route.
The other two players also didn't include my route.

I'd assume base TTR is OK ...probably.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
After this NH tournament is done, I'd actually be up for another. Totally mediocre player but I quite enjoy the game and rarely get to play it otherwise. Only suggestion this time would be that we randomize all the armies -- i.e., tell people in each matchup which army they are. Love trying out some of the wackier ones. You could even seed based on performance in this tournament, presuming most people would come back for another.

mercviper

After this NH tournament is done, I'd actually be up for another. Totally mediocre player but I quite enjoy the game and rarely get to play it otherwise. Only suggestion this time would be that we randomize all the armies -- i.e., tell people in each matchup which army they are. Love trying out some of the wackier ones. You could even seed based on performance in this tournament, presuming most people would come back for another.

I'll second this.

eznark

Banned

100%

Heel

Game 1:
Heel - 73
Grifter - 46

Game 2:
Heel - 36
Grifter - 38

Game 3:
Heel - 59
Grifter - 29

Total:
Heel - 168
Grtifter - 113

Good games.

Heel

Smiley it's not letting me send you a Lost Cities game for the tournament, so you'll have to give it a try when you're ready.

Yeah, I dont know how we could set up the random part of it, its something I wanted to do initially anyway, but I couldnt find a way to do it randomly (actually I didnt try, since its not built into the game :p).

And now, after seeing the stats on what armies people used, I REALLY want it to be random, my stats arent 100%, but 21 matches using Borgo, and only 2 using Neo Jungle? thats kind of stupid. haha.

edit: Find me a good way to do it randomly, and I will set it up right after this one is done, we can workshop some of the other rules too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, I dont know how we could set up the random part of it, its something I wanted to do initially anyway, but I couldnt find a way to do it randomly (actually I didnt try, since its not built into the game :p).

And now, after seeing the stats on what armies people used, I REALLY want it to be random, my stats arent 100%, but 21 matches using Borgo, and only 2 using Neo Jungle? thats kind of stupid. haha.

edit: Find me a good way to do it randomly, and I will set it up right after this one is done, we can workshop some of the other rules too.
Give a number to each army then go to random.org and get them to spit out two numbers for each matchup would be my suggestion.

Here's an idea:

http://www.random.org/lists/

I use this to randomize the unseeded players for tournaments. You could make a list of the NH armies to randomize and assign them for each game.

Give a number to each army then go to random.org and get them to spit out two numbers for each matchup would be my suggestion.

Ok cool, works for me!

What other rules should we change?
Should a destruction win be worth 3, regular win 2, tie 1?
Should we have an 'east and west' type divisons?
How many people should make it into the playoffs?
Should playoff games be best of 3? 5?
Any other rules?

Smiley90

Smiley it's not letting me send you a Lost Cities game for the tournament, so you'll have to give it a try when you're ready.

Will do.

Also I still don't know the NH playoff format, jeff and I haven't started yet :p

Smiley90

Jesus, in my first game with Heel, I swear I've drawn ALL the multipliers. It's not even funny anymore. I'll end this game so brutally in the minus.

EDIT: so awful :lol

Game 1:

Smiley - Heel

-40 - 42

Game 2:

36 - 52

Game 3

38 - 14

Now to play catchup... somehow... lol

Heel

lol yeah I was unsure what to do because you were so heavily invested in every lane and I was holding so many cards that I didn't want to give you.

Top Bottom