• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone anticipating the game I am Setsuna?

I'm pretty excited for this game, think I am going to preorder the PS4 version (those themes are awesome)! I have been wanting to dive into a JRPG lately and this seems like a good one to fill that gap. 16 bit RPG's consist of a lot of my favorites so I think this will be an awesome match.

Does anyone know if there are any actual differences between PS4/PC versions (as far as graphics, performance, etc)? I doubt that there is but just curious.

zashga

Yeah, I'll check it out. The promotional material is pretty dull, but conceptually the game should be right up my alley.

Cheska

I see a few others have asked, but didn't see that the question was answered: Do you get to download the themes right away or do you have to wait until the game is released?

EDIT: Can confirm the theme's are available immediately.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, definitely looking forward to it... Pre-ordered the Steam version off of GMG. I've been wanting to get back into JRPGs for awhile, and this + TiTS First and Second, I think I'll be set. Bummed that the Steam version only gets you one track off the OST, though - less a "promotion" and more a "Teaser to get you to spend more money". :/

Pezking

I'd buy a physical copy Day 1.

But I certainly won't spend 40 bucks on a digital copy of a game.

Will wait for a PSN sale. $20 will be my sweet spot.

Vancouver

Definitely looking forward to it. I was actually going to borrow my brothers Vita to play it on Vita instead...till I realized it wasn't on Vita out West. So PS4 it will be.

From what I understand, this is only a 20 hour game, which is actually a good thing. Gone are the days where I wanted all my RPG's to be 50 hours+. Nowadays I do like the shorter tidier game, with the longer RPG experiences interspersed between,

Philippo

Yes, but i'll actually import the boxed japanese version because a) the cover is outstanding b) it costs as much as the digital version and c) it's really fucking time i test my japanese skills on a game.
Really excited for it, everything i saw (or listened) was insta buy.

El-Suave

Preordered it - will be pissed if Square does a nice, physical Special Edition à la "Life is Strange" forcing me to double dip. And it will happen like that...

El-Suave

Do UK pre orders get the themes immediately as I cant find them

Assuming you mean PS4? Usually those are unlocked when you can preload the game. Although Sony changed its payment policy to "pay in advance" recently so they might just as well hand out the bonusses immediately.

Assuming you mean PS4? Usually those are unlocked when you can preload the game. Although Sony changed its payment policy to "pay in advance" recently so they might just as well hand out the bonusses immediately.

yeah PS4, when I made my pre order about 2 weeks ago, it didnt pre load, it just showed me a screen saying how long I had to wait and whether I want it to auto download

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely interested and will eventually buy the game but not until it goes on sale for at least $20 or less. Not spending $40 on the game.

ekurisona

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER DETAILS:

Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
- I AM SETSUNA Shiro THEME
- I AM SETSUNA Kuro THEME

The digital pre-order edition will include:

*2 x Themes
Shiro - exclusive day-time theme.
Kuro - exclusive night-time theme.
*1 x Special soundtrack by composer Tomoki Miyoshi (Available on July 19, 2016)
• Eternal winter - Exclusive to PlayStation®4

Play on 07-19-2016, Midnight Eastern Time.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

Experience the beautiful art and music of I am Setsuna on your PlayStation®4 with exclusive digital content.

Digital edition includes:
*2 x Themes
• Shiro - exclusive day-time theme.
• Kuro - exclusive night-time theme.
*1 x Special soundtrack by composer Tomoki Miyoshi (Track Available July 19, 2016)
• Eternal winter - Exclusive to PlayStation®4

Journey with Setsuna as she prepares to make the ultimate sacrifice and save the people of her land. A powerfully nostalgic experience, blending a classic style of story-telling, battle system and gameplay.

• An emotionally impactful story which immerses players in the narrative of Setsuna, whose story portrays heartrending sorrow
• A new battle system inspired by the timeless JRPG classic, Chrono Trigger
• A great homage to JRPG masterpieces of yesteryear, beautiful character designs and varied in-game locales evoke nostalgia for classic RPGs

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like a really interesting game, yeah. I'm looking forward to hearing how the PC version performs, but I'm not buying it at launch.

Man I want to like this game so much but the graphics are so off putting to me. Everything else about the game I absolutely love but when the game was revealed and I actually saw it in action it looked so dull, my hype went from 100 to 0 instantly. Which is funny because usually graphics don't bug me one bit but it just looks so bad here, like a cheap ios game. What's worse is that all the concept art for this game looks fucking fantastic but when translating it to 3d it feels like they dropped the ball completely.

StereoVsn

I'd buy a physical copy Day 1.

But I certainly won't spend 40 bucks on a digital copy of a game.

Will wait for a PSN sale. $20 will be my sweet spot.

That's what I am thinking as well. Just got Adventures of Mana from SE anyways, which is another great game (plus bunch of FF classics).

As a staunch Vita advocate, I hope they change their minds about not porting the Vita version but its not the end of the world now that I have to play it on PS4.

It looks amazing and I absolutely love the music, definitely a day 1 purchase for me!

Pixieking

Banned
I'll buy it if the reviews are good.

Waiting on reviews. It's Square Enix and a new studio after all.

Japanese reviews are mostly positive, but I suppose it depends on how Western reviewers take-to-it as well. From the Wiki:

Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu gave both versions a score of 32 out of 40. Positive comments were made on the overall atmosphere, its old-school design, "tasteful" graphics, somber story, and the piano score. Points that were criticized were the lack of novelty in its design, and frequent loading times when navigating town environments.Dengeki PlayStation found the game worth its low cost, and commented positively on its serious story, character customization options, and the balance of "quality and quantity". The reviewers were less positive about other aspects, such as difficult-to-handle battle system, repetitive combat, and difficulties with buying and selling equipment.

I suspect they may tighten up the buy-sell system for a Western release, but beyond that, it sounds like the negatives are things that are deep-down in the game.

DSix

Banned
I'm optimistic but I'll wait for a few weeks after release and see if people manage to keep their enthusiasm.

True Fire

Setsuna doesn't do anything stupid like Bravely Default, but at the same time I wish it took some risks because it was so damn generic. It wasn't a bad game, but I can't recommend it to anyone

W.S.

I don't even have a PS4 and I'm anticipating this. It's good to have throwback RPG's like I am Setsuna, Bravely Default, and Battle Chasers Nightwar so I hope people support it. I can understand it if someone decides to wait for a sale though if it's a full $60.

That being said, I don't quite get why it isn't going to be available on as many platforms as possible given it's smaller scope.

Top Bottom