• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS Leader Sexually Abused American Hostage Kayla Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really disturbing what Im about to post but...what if the US or some country send in HIV infected individuals over to get captured and raped so they catch the virus?

I mean this is me thinking like an idiot but those assholes need to be wiped out from existence. Thought of this from the few that like to "bug" others.

On topic though, this is a sad story. Fuck those assholes.

is this the new "place nuke maybe here" post?

Skeyser

This is really disturbing what Im about to post but...what if the US or some country send in HIV infected individuals over to get captured and raped so they catch the virus?

I mean this is me thinking like an idiot but those assholes need to be wiped out from existence. Thought of this from the few that like to "bug" others.

Ya let's send people to get raped by ISIS voluntarily. Oh and now ISIS will infect their victims with AIDS too, flawless plan.

Mesousa

Banned

They could go on for decades with that today.

We could just firebomb them and end it this week.

Yeah you are thinking like an idiot because they would pass it on to their victims.

But the ends don't justify the means. And Saddam's removal was so cack-handed that I'm not sure if it did more good than harm. While it certainly helped the majority of Iraqis (Kurds and Shi'ites) in the short term, the rise of Wahhabist militancy (first Al-Qaeda, then ISIS) in the Middle East is leading to the existential peril of these peoples.

Ba'athism is dangerous, but nowhere near so as Wahhabism.
I don't disagree with want you are saying. All I am saying is that the existential peril that you are talking about was rushed by American greed. Existential peril is a necessary result of policy by the middle eastern governments- a cleansing of faith is needed.

WalkMan

Banned
i read a news item earlier where this girl had written a letter saying she was well and was being treated fairly.

I'm not defending ISIS but this is what the counter terrorism experts are "alleging". Sounds a bit dodgy.

Same was the case with the Australian doctor who went to Syria and called a terrorist for "helping" ISIS. He also wrote a letter saying he wasn't helping ISIS but the women and children at the hospital who were injured in coater all damage.

anaslexy is right you guys, we should take these rape allegations with a grain of salt. It is clear that Kayla Mueller did not write that letter under duress as is typical with captives.

Valhelm

contribute something

Bruh...

Many members of ISIS are major polygamists, who also may rape enslaved women on the side. This would hurt their spouses far more than it would hurt members of ISIS, especially because it's very difficult for men to catch HIV through vaginal intercourse.

This sounds like bullshit. Just like the sniper-killing-executioner tale.

One thing that seems to continuously strike me about ISIS is it's cartoonishly evil acts. Destroying artifacts, killing babies, raping hostages, putting out MTV quality recruitment videos. No one seems to have a clear grasp of their demands. It's very Cobra. Very UN-muslim, very unrealistic.

I think this is a very creative mechanism for justifying continued destabilization and base building in the name of resource control.

Now go ahead and tell me how fucking stupid I am PolitiGAF.

People keep saying it is un-Muslim but it is exactly what happened at the start of Islam. Mass slaughter and enslavement of women and children, destruction of idols. I find it ironic Christ is revered in Islam when Christ would have found Mohammad morally repugnant.

i read a news item earlier where this girl had written a letter saying she was well and was being treated fairly.

I'm not defending ISIS but this is what the counter terrorism experts are "alleging". Sounds a bit dodgy.

Same was the case with the Australian doctor who went to Syria and called a terrorist for "helping" ISIS. He also wrote a letter saying he wasn't helping ISIS but the women and children at the hospital who were injured in coater all damage.
So how do your examples excuse the actions described in OT? I want to know... Like now.

Krejlooc

Banned

Who the fuck is going to volunteer to be captured and raped by ISIS?

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on this board.

Dai Kaiju

o_O

For one thing you wouldn't send an HIV patient... you know what... No. Fuck your stupid thought.

This is a troll post, surely?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Okay, why the fuck would they tell her family this.

This is the kind of thing they could have just kept quiet about, their daughter is already dead... did they need to tell her all the things that happened to her while held hostage? That's just cruel.

RIP Kayla, know your captors and their supporters are not long for this world.

This sounds like bullshit. Just like the sniper-killing-executioner tale.

One thing that seems to continuously strike me about ISIS is it's cartoonishly evil acts. Destroying artifacts, killing babies, raping hostages, putting out MTV quality recruitment videos. No one seems to have a clear grasp of their demands. It's very Cobra. Very UN-muslim, very unrealistic.

I think this is a very creative mechanism for justifying continued destabilization and base building in the name of resource control.

Now go ahead and tell me how fucking stupid I am PolitiGAF.

How is this bullshit? Rape has been an expression of victory in war since the beginning of organized warfare. I'd have been way more shocked if they didn't assault her.

History has shown time and again that human beings are capable of unimaginable cruelty.

riotous

Banned
Okay, why the fuck would they tell her family this.

This is the kind of thing they could have just kept quiet about, their daughter is already dead... did they need to tell her all the things that happened to her while held hostage? That's just cruel.

RIP Kayla, know your captors and their supporters are not long for this world.

Maybe they asked?

She was a brave and heroic person and the world is sadder without her. Its heart breaking to hear she didn't escape when two of the girls got a chance because she didn't want to sabotage their chances since she looks obviously different from everyone else.

For all the people who want to kill everyone in ISIS, that will never work. For every person you kill 10 will replace them, because it becomes easier and easier to recruit new people every time a smart bomb drops and takes out collateral damage (civilians) or foreign troops invade the country and immediately rally everyone against the foreigners. Blindly going in and mowing down thousands of people will just create a new, bigger, worse form of ISIS in a few years. We definitely need to do more to support all the people fighting them on the ground right now though, especially the Kurds who are getting attacked now both by ISIS and by our ally Turkey.

ISIS is popular with essentially the sociopaths outside the region and men who want a better life and aren't afraid to hurt/kill other people in the region (women get no choices). Time and time again its been said that the worst of the ISIS militias are those who joined from the West, people who would have raped and murdered in their own countries and sent to jail find it a great place to act out without any inhibitions. Its remarkable they are able to keep any sort of order or institutions running.

Its going to take a lot of time but the Iraqi's, the Kurds, the Syrians, Turks, etc have to be the ones that take back their countries, with military support from other countries in the region and supplies and information from the West. Its not as easy as it sounds since there is a complex web of relationships in these countries and sometimes its easier for some of them to just to let ISIS be, a pretext to intimidate and terrorize their own populations.

edit: there's a foundation her parents set up to help refugee groups and other activities, i donated a few bucks in her honor
http://kaylashands.org/?page_id=4

wat

bomma_man

What's the point of a mega-thread then. And someone being raped by ISIS isn't exactly super important news, that's what they do everyday.

1. New news new thread

2. I'd be fine with that if we applie the same reasoning to MCU movies/comics/etc. Chuck it all in one thread so it doesn't blemish my pristine OT.

/derail

If that was all being used to its potential they would have been squashed long ago. They are essentially using bows and arrows compared to the modern military's around the world.

If that was all being used to its potential they would have been squashed long ago. They are essentially using bows and arrows compared to the modern military's around the world.

Once again, you're completely wrong. They have a lot of US made military hardware that they stole from the Iraqi army. They also have weapons seized from the Syrian army which could include chemical weapons.

Is this the first time you've actually thought more than two seconds about ISIS and the situation in that region of the world?

Dai Kaiju

Yes, ISIS trolls GAF.

We just had a GAFfer on this page doubt the story in the OP because of a letter written by the hostage saying the people who fucking kidnapped her were treating her well. He didn't take into account that JUST MAYBE it could have been written under duress.

ISIS literally trolled GAF.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I want to see the world get medieval on the these fucks. I'm talking heads on pikes and shit.
Which parts of the world should get involved, and in what capacity? After heads have been put on pikes, what should be done about the widespread support for ISIS among the Sunni population in their territory? How should ISIS sympathizers who melt into the general Sunni population be found? (And if these sorts of people couldn't be found before, how will they be found now?)

The truth is, the best thing to do about ISIS is exactly what's being done now. Let local forces--Kurds and Iraqi Shias, for example--do what they've been doing. Support them with American air power. Allow Iran to continue their involvement. Put pressure on Turkey to stop helping ISIS. Things are moving in the right direction (with fits, starts, and reversals), but it'll take time.

Does anyone have another coherent strategy to propose? I'm all ears.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

Now this is thinking outside the box.

way more

spekkeh

Banned
Or learn about this war called Vietnam, or the Iraq war... *facepalm*
Iraq war is not a very good example, in fact US' military endeavors have been pretty on point ever since Vietnam (though Afghanistan maybe not so much). It's the keeping the peace thing they suck at.

Betty

Banned
Folks making pro-war posts are just frustrated, like the rest of us, so making smug replies to them isn't exactly helping, it just inflames the situation.

We all know another war would mean another recession, more military lives lost on our side, even more terrorist attacks, even more sympathizers to the terrorists cause and even more weakened relations with countries that won't get involved.

Unless the neighbouring states in that region do something about isis though we'll either have to live with them forever like we do Al Qaeda/Taliban etc etc etc, or be forced to go in and fight them when they pull off a sizeable attack of some sort.

Walpurgis

Banned
"Kayla tried to protect these young girls," her mother said. "She was like a mother figure to them."

When the teenaged Yazidi girl escaped with her sister, she asked Mueller to accompany her, the parents were told, but Kayla refused, worrying that her obvious Western appearance would lead to their capture.
Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom