• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimmy Fallon Cratering in the Ratings, Skirting Near Third Place in "Late Night Wars"

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
tumblr_n2408e60Y21qlvie8o4_250.gif

tenor.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned
It was his doing to have Sean Spicer do a skit at the Emmys, basically rebranding/normalizing him. He did for Spicer what Fallon did for Trump.

http://people.com/politics/stephen-colbert-emmys-sean-spicer-appearance/

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1434330

Except he used Spicer to poke at Trump and Spicer has absolutely no power to make change in this country, as Trump did at the time he went on Fallon.

Comparing the two situations is dishonest. Spicer at the Emmys is already forgotten by most. It has had ZERO impact on the country.

Not

Banned
I think Jimmy Fallon is a perfect subject for a crass Family Guy episode. Maybe it already happened, it's been some time since we I last saw it.

The way he forces his obnoxious laughter into every sentence a guest throws is his ridiculous trademark. It's beyond embarrassing. His set pieces offer some entertainment , but he's a really unfunny guy. And all of his jokes sound the same.

Conan deserves a better platform. He's both a funny guy and a terrific writer.

And Colbert is , despite insisting on Trump jokes , on fire.

I think he can't stop talking about Trump because he's really rattled by him. Colbert had a lot of faith in America overall.

Shauni

Almost half the country supposedly voted for Trump. Shouldn't they be watching his show?

Less than a fourth of the country actually voted for Trump. And there's been studies that conservatives have began abandoning 'traditional' TV over reality shows and game shows and the like

I like Jimmy Fallon but yeah out of the big three it makes sense. His show lacks any edge, which is what I want sometimes from my late night talk show but in today’s climate it doesn’t make sense.

daveo42

Banned
Getting them Youtube numbers

Looking at the Tonight Show feed, seems like Fallon struggles to get above 100k viewers outside of a few with Gal Gadot and Miley Cyrus. Colbert seems to rarely dip below that number of views. Fallon is getting fucked on both ends.

"The Tonight Show" did nothing.

It was NBC both times, and two entirely different executive classes of NBC. The only common denominator here was Jay Leno.
I know. It’s a bit sad that the screwing over of Conan didn’t also involve Leno hiding in a closet easedropping on people.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I guess his vanilla comedy had to get old at some point.

Colbert is the new late night king due to his unapologetic political commentary. It's refreshing to see a network late night host not give a damn about making a show conservatives can stomach and he and the network are being rewarded for it.

Kimmel has been getting a lot of buzz lately also for his stance against the health care bill and most recently his heartfelt response to Vegas. He manages to strike a nice balance.

Fallon is just lowest common denominator late night. By trying to appeal to the widest group possible he's really not appealing to anyone.

Seth Myers is so much better. I hope he gets a shot at the timeslot.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Conan is still the best.

Anyway, i assume most people don't watch these shows on tv anymore, they just catch highlights on youtube. Thats what I do at least.

Late night in general is terrible now. None of them can do a proper monologue just unfunny jokes all around. Their "jokes" involve making a joke that bombs pausing and then laughter happens because the joke was awful. They are all terrible interviews asking the standard promotional softball questions. Conan is the best currently but he's on a nothing channel.

rekameohs

Banned
Late night in general is terrible now. None of them can do a proper monologue just unfunny jokes all around. Their "jokes" involve making a joke that bombs pausing and then laughter happens because the joke was awful. They are all terrible interviews asking the standard promotional softball questions. Conan is the best currently but he's on a nothing channel.
Conan is still fantastic at interviews all these years later. That and the remotes are what he has always excelled at.

Kyoufu

I dunno. I'm really enjoying Meyers, Colbert and Kimmel lately.

Fallon would be a great "laugh man" sidekick for one of the real hosts... just a guy who laughs incessantly at every joke and points back to the host, maybe throws in a quip once in a while

Neith

Banned
So we're sure this is about Trump lol and not about Jimmy Fallon just not being funny? I find this guy lame as hell.

Its fascinating that just 18 months ago there were lots of people talking about possibly James Corden replacing Stephen Colbert, who was a terrible host and bottom in the ratings and a mistake. Fallon was on top and seemed the new Johnny Carson, albeit with a cocaine laugh.

One crazy president later and now Colbert is in top form, Kimmel is rising on heartfelt political bits, and Fallon is fighting for survival. Just crazy how life can turn around quickly.

Tenck

I mean if you only watch Fallon I agree with that. Late Night shows suck.

barit

Yeah I never liked Fallon. His show is nothing but promotion for the stars he invites. It´s boring and I take Colbert, Conan, Meyers and Kimmel any day over "play-it-safe"-Fallon.

daveo42

Banned
I dunno. I'm really enjoying Meyers, Colbert and Kimmel lately.

I only watch their youtube videos, but they make some real fantastic segments. Meyer's A Closer Look[/I and the Amber Ruffin segments are brilliant. As for Colbert, you'll never see Fallon try to pull off something like this.

Future

Just look at all the late-night videos trending on YouTube every day. Hardly any of them are ever Fallon. TBH I kinda forgot he even existed.

This.

I catch Colbert the most regularly. Then Seth. Then kimmel. All based on near viral jokes / statements about the current state of affairs. I don’t think I’ve seen a Fallon vid for maybe 2 years

I think Jimmy Fallon is a perfect subject for a crass Family Guy episode. Maybe it already happened, it's been some time since we I last saw it.

The way he forces his obnoxious laughter into every sentence a guest throws is his ridiculous trademark. It's beyond embarrassing. His set pieces offer some entertainment , but he's a really unfunny guy. And all of his jokes sound the same.

Conan deserves a better platform. He's both a funny guy and a terrific writer.

And Colbert is , despite insisting on Trump jokes , on fire.
lol, Family Guy did pretty much exactly that

Doesn't matter if he resigned, he is still Goebbels spreading not only lies but also denying the holocaust or not condemning hitler. Biggest problem is that he got invited and yet it was all being normalized.

jasonisaacsx9pgk.png
Jason Isaacs is the best. I like Colbert but he fucked up by inviting Spicer.

Top Bottom