• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Carter Teaser Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCreasy

Let us begin . . .

john-carter-movie-poster-01-404x600.jpg

HYPE!

From Academy Award(R)-winning filmmaker Andrew Stanton comes "John Carter"--a sweeping action-adventure set on the mysterious and exotic planet of Barsoom (Mars). "John Carter" is based on a classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose highly imaginative adventures served as inspiration for many filmmakers, both past and present. The film tells the story of war-weary, former military captain John Carter (Taylor Kitsch), who is inexplicably transported to Mars where he becomes reluctantly embroiled in a conflict of epic proportions amongst the inhabitants of the planet, including Tars Tarkas (Willem Dafoe) and the captivating Princess Dejah Thoris (Lynn Collins). In a world on the brink of collapse, Carter rediscovers his humanity when he realizes that the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands.

dafoemars.jpg

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Horrible poster.
Should have been 80's style.

G-Fex

jett said:
That is terribad. What's with Hollywood and shitty posters lately.

I think it's all about getting upclose shots of actors faces instead of you know....anything creative or unique

bengraven

If you're going to add a big "M" you better put Mars in the title.

Seriously, no one is going to see a big budget movie with just JC's name. Mars Needs Moms is months in the past and no one remembers that movie, you can use Mars again folks.

besada said:

The official one will be. It has to be.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That poster does nothing.

And change the damn title back. Do this right, Disney. Mars Needs Moms tanked so hard no one will remember it by the end of the year.

G-Fex

Ad Infinitum said:
I don't understand why Disney feel the need to put their names on 'grown up' films they produce. It's not going to help.

exactly, guess they want to be hip/gritty grown up after pirates

Forkball

Ad Infinitum said:
I don't understand why Disney feel the need to put their names on 'grown up' films they produce. It's not going to help.
Because it's not going to be a gritty "grown up" film, but a PG-13 action film to sell toys. Disney is pretty desperate for a new IP similar to Pirates, hence them producing Prince of Persia and Tron.

G-Fex

Forkball said:
Because it's not going to be a gritty "grown up" film, but a PG-13 action film to sell toys. Disney is pretty desperate for a new IP similar to Pirates, hence them producing Prince of Persia and Tron.

yeah howd that work out for them by the way?

Forkball said:

They can do that without putting the logo on everything and scaring off 13-23yr old males. They did this with Pirates 1 and look how well that turned out.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yes, this poster reveals quite a lot about the film, while also establishing all of the recognizable movie stars that would pull me in to see it regardless.

besada

Banned
Dead said:
Since this is a Disney flick, I want to know how they'll dress Dejah Thoris :p

Sadly, it was a fait accompli that we were never going to get to see Dejah Thoris in all her natural splendor. Even non-Disney companies aren't likely to have a female actress spend the entire movie topless.

besada said:
Sadly, it was a fait accompli that we were never going to get to see Dejah Thoris in all her natural splendor. Even non-Disney companies aren't likely to have a female actress spend the entire movie topless.

Which reminds me, it has been too long since I last viewed Lifeforce.

You know those posters of random movies that are near the emergency exits at the cinema? This looks like one. Horrible, wish posters would go back to being creative. It would also help if it was a badass painting.

That poster sucks. I hate Disney's marketing department so much. This movie is a sci-fi fantasy it should look more like the posters for Star Wars and Flash Gordon not a teaser for some modern gritty reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom