• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a tree growing out of some guys face?! You know what...even if Speedwagon was miraculously alive at this point through Hamon training parts 5 or 6 would've killed him. He'd have a fucking heart attack narrating this shit. How do you calmly narrate a fucking tree exploding out of a dudes motherfucking head? It's fucking impossible, you just can't fucking do it.

caliph95

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

665.png
I+think+araki+was+having+a+mental+breakdown+at+this+_747f14852acebeeb0223a89d134c0440.png
0.jpg

caliph95

Why is there a tree growing out of some guys face?! You know what...even if Speedwagon was miraculously alive at this point through Hamon training parts 5 or 6 would've killed him. He'd have a fucking heart attack narrating this shit. How do you calmly narrate a fucking tree exploding out of a dudes motherfucking head? It's fucking impossible, you just can't fucking do it.
What do you think his stand is

I do find it interesting that Dio is pretty much his most open self with Pucci.

That will make sense later!

Okay also, on Diver Down suddenly messing with internals, I interpreted that as just another manifestation of DD's ability to store kinetic energy -- just instead of having it come out externally as a wall fist, he has it come out internally in directed areas that reshape them.

That's how I thought of it anyway.

caliph95

That will make sense later!

Okay also, on Diver Down suddenly messing with internals, I interpreted that as just another manifestation of DD's ability to store kinetic energy -- just instead of having it come out externally as a wall fist, he has it come out internally in directed areas that reshape them.

That's how I thought of it anyway.
I think of it as the other way around

cntr

Banned
They're probably separate abilities.

Doesn't Diver Down just have intangibility as an ability? Except he can only do it with physical objects, and not against stands.

StayDead

This fight between Stone Free and Survivor. I'm so fucking confused right now.

Although it looks like I've reached the Climax, because Joleen just went full Joseph.

cntr

Banned
survivor's a stand that gives the berserker status effect to everybody in the room except the user, and also lets them auto-scan the opponent's health

Astral

I finished reading Battle Tendency for the first time months ago and idr if I had shared this then but, I had ranked it above part 3 and 5 back when I saw the anime but I now consider it the second worst part, worst being part 1. Stands are just so much better than Hamon in every way. I can see why Araki thought Hamon was at its limits and he needed a new ability to take its place. By the end of Part 2, there was nothing more he could do with Hamon. He pulled out all the stops. Anyone who thinks part 2 is better than any of the parts after it is a delusional fool!

I finished reading Battle Tendency for the first time months ago and idr if I had shared this then but, I had ranked it above part 3 and 5 back when I saw the anime but I now consider it the second worst part, worst being part 1. Stands are just so much better than Hamon in every way. I can see why Araki thought Hamon was at its limits and he needed a new ability to take its place. By the end of Part 2, there was nothing more he could do with Hamon. He pulled out all the stops. Anyone who thinks part 2 is better than any of the parts after it is a delusional fool!
Battle Tendency is really elevated by the anime adaptation. It's got hype ass music and Sugita, which the manga completely lacks. I tried reading Part 2 before I was doing Part 5, but just couldn't do it. Oddly enough I finished Part 1, but still.

caliph95

While i really like 2 and take offense at the alat statement i agree with Hamon, PArt 2 was pretty much carried by Joseph.
Battle Tendency is really elevated by the anime adaptation. It's got hype ass music and Sugita, which the manga completely lacks. I tried reading Part 2 before I was doing Part 5, but just couldn't do it. Oddly enough I finished Part 1, but still.
The anime is great and i love it, it does explain the popularity, i bet part 1 if that's the case is even more boring in manga

Tizoc

Yeah Survivor just raises people's aggressive levels and lets them sense others' strong or weak points or the like. It's a dangerous stand in the worst of situations.

This fight between Stone Free and Survivor. I'm so fucking confused right now.

Although it looks like I've reached the Climax, because Joleen just went full Joseph.
Is this after the Planet Waves fight? What the flying fuck is the purposed of Yoyo Ma? It's almost Cheap Trick levels of annoying.

StayDead

Yeah Survivor just raises people's aggressive levels and lets them sense others' strong or weak points or the like. It's a dangerous stand in the worst of situations.

I figured that, but I guess I'm about to find out the deal as to
why the meteorites don't seem to be hitting him. Or is it because he's too far away?

Or is this guy the guy you just mentioned and I haven't realised that yet?

why the meteorites don't seem to be hitting him. Or is it because he's too far away?

You are at the Planet Waves fight, this guy isn't Survivor.

Tizoc

You gotta remember that Stands protect their users;
Planet Waves ability just has the meteors land around the User so as not to harm him but damage his surroundings

Neoxon

Just to be clear, does the Viz Media Blu-Ray release of JoJo Parts 1 & 2 include the actual subtitles or dubtitles for the Japanese voice track? I know that it includes both Japanese & English voice acting, but I just wanted to be sure about the nature of the subtitles (since the DVD release from WB used dubtitles).

The closer you get, the farther you are.

Oh and it's gonna get crazier and crazier still, ese.
I understand the stand mechanic. What I don't understand is what the fuck it is and why it has a star tattoo on it's shoulder. Is it Jonathan's body or something?

Not soon enough. "Smug plankton scum." Fuck....dat ether!!! I swear Foo Fighters has like 9 lives. Anansui's thirst is too strong. He's freaking out over Weather and Jolyne hugging. I wouldn't mind if Anansui gets killed, he adds like nothing to the overall plot and team dynamic, bring back Josis Hermes already. The thought of Dio watching a Michael Jackson concert is both hilarious and interesting. "I love you as I love god," well damn Pucci. Well shit...this is getting good. Soooo....um....
did the Dio baby just merge with Pucci?

caliph95

Not soon enough. "Smug plankton scum." Fuck....dat ether!!! I swear Foo Fighters has like 9 lives. Anansui's thirst is too strong. He's freaking out over Weather and Jolyne hugging. I wouldn't mind if Anansui gets killed, he adds like nothing to the overall plot and team dynamic, bring back Josis Hermes already. The thought of Dio watching a Michael Jackson concert is both hilarious and interesting. "I love you as I love god," well damn Pucci. Well shit...this is getting good. Soooo....um....
did the Dio baby just merge with Pucci?
tumblr_inline_nbphyho5BD1s8a2ua.png
tumblr_nq5sx0kugJ1rzo9jpo1_500-1621.png

tumblr_nwajj7fNlI1r5o9goo1_500.jpg

D-Man

Just to be clear, does the Viz Media Blu-Ray release of JoJo Parts 1 & 2 include the actual subtitles or dubtitles for the Japanese voice track? I know that it includes both Japanese & English voice acting, but I just wanted to be sure about the nature of the subtitles (since the DVD release from WB used dubtitles).

I think I read somewhere that they're using actual subtitles for this release. Viz has actual experience doing this stuff and I trust them since they've been so good to JoJo since they started doing the JoJoniums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom