• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

A STAND THAT ATTRACTS METEORITES THAT ARE IN THE ATMOSPHERE IS SOME FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING BULL ASS SHIT!!!!!

Bruh that ain't even the most batshit thing you're gonna read in this mango. Mind you shit is about to get even more absurd going forward.

Oh and it attracts the meteorites to fall AROUND its user without ever harming them.

Bruh that ain't even the most batshit thing you're gonna read in this mango. Mind you shit is about to get even more absurd going forward.

Oh and it attracts the meteorites to fall AROUND its user without ever harming them.
How the fuck does this get more absurd? Jolyne beat this dude by having a meteorite blast his boot into his face at like mach 8. "The world's fingers for 'fuck off.'" God Jolyne is savage. I don't think Foo Fighters is cut out for stand battles...

Tizoc

Araki changed Diver Down's ability from its first appearance right?
I am of the understanding that Diver Down can control or meddle with the 'innards' of an object or person

caliph95

Araki changed Diver Down's ability from its first appearance right?
I am of the understanding that Diver Down can control or meddle with the 'innards' of an object or person
Yep it went from storing and releasing energy in places to just entering objects and bodies.

caliph95

How the fuck does this get more absurd? Jolyne beat this dude by having a meteorite blast his boot into his face at like mach 8. "The world's fingers for 'fuck off.'" God Jolyne is savage. I don't think Foo Fighters is cut out for stand battles...

488.png

cntr

Banned
Planet Waves is such an awesome fight and that page is such an awesome page. Jolyne's the coolest.

(Also, Jolyne got that that fight in Shonen Jump. Imagine another Jump heroine, like, say, Sakura getting a fight as intense as that, no way it'd happen.)

Jolyne legit got fucked up and even used Stone Free to stitch her ass up in the beginning. In the end I thought her head was almost taken off. That fight was fucking intense though. Sakura would not have survived a fight like that.

caliph95

Sakura would have beeen saved by Naruto and he will tell her it's ok you tried your best and sakura will cry and be useless

To be fair i do remember she gotten some fights. Actually no i vaguely recall she got fights then again i din't read most of the war arc and i can't remember any important fights.

Sakura would have beeen saved by Naruto and he will tell her it's ok you tried your best and sakura will cry and be useless

To be fair i do remember she gotten some fights. Actually no i vaguely recall she got fights then again i din't read most of the war arc and i can't remember any important fights.
She got like one fight that she half soloed and the rest was her just tanking hits cause she can heal good. A lot of Naruto has escaped my memory though.

cntr

Banned
Sakura got like...two good fights. Admittedly one of them was one of the only good fights in Shippuden, but still.

...I'm kind of curious how most shounen characters would fight something like Planet Waves, actually. It's way more intense and gory than most series ever get to. Like, Luffy would probably be fine dealing with that, but what the fuck would Naruto do? It's more hardcore than he ever got.

Ezalc

Sakura got like...two good fights. Admittedly one of them was one of the only good fights in Shippuden, but still.

...I'm kind of curious how most shounen characters would fight something like Planet Waves, actually. It's way more intense and gory than most series ever get to. Like, Luffy would probably be fine dealing with that, but what the fuck would Naruto do? It's more hardcore than he ever got.

Naruto fought against meteor shit with madara, except that his wasn't a bunch of small ones but two gigantic ones and he didn't do shit to stop them.

I think with the small ones he'd just make a thousand shadow clones like always and try to have them all run to the user.

caliph95

Deku would sacrifice his arm in some way in order to destroy it after having a monologue on whether he can do it.
Luffy would punch it
Goku would use a ki blast
Ichigo would slice it after having a shocked look of the meteor
Natsu or Erza would get severely injure then think about their guild and instantly beat the enemy after natsu eats the meteor or erza uses the bandage armor

cntr

Banned
Deku and Luffy would probably deal with Planet Waves the same way Jolyne would deal with it, lol. Just fight it out.

Naruto and Ichigo would just do some hax bullshit because they're boring. Goku just instantly wins, because, uh, Dragonball power levels are crazy.

caliph95

Well it would have been only weather report as part of the cast and emporio's a kid so he doesn't count so Anansui became a guy (and a yandere) i can't remember whter it was Araki own volition or because he either realise he needed to appeal to the male jump audience or Jump themselves.

Too many women in the cast unfortunately so he needed to add diversity to the cast
Fuck diversity. It would've been better do a cast full of women after acting like the gender didn't exist for the first couple of parts. Trish...helped in Part 5, but she really wasn't a fighter. Besides having thirsty Annasui being a chick would've been a lot more interesting.

caliph95

Fuck diversity. It would've been better do a cast full of women after acting like the gender didn't exist for the first couple of parts. Trish...helped in Part 5, but she really wasn't a fighter. Besides having thirsty Annasui being a chick would've been a lot more interesting.
Fuck Diversity - Neogaf

Just be a yandere but a gay one so i see what you mean though i imagine her personality might have been different

In seriousness though it could have been a jump thing and it's target audience so they wanted someone else besides weather report though Araki changes his mind mid story all the time so eh.

Fuck Diversity - Neogaf

Just be a yandere but a gay one so i see what you mean though i imagine her personality might have been different

In seriousness though it could have been a jump thing and it's target audience so they wanted someone else besides weather report though Araki changes his mind mid story all the time so eh.
Weather is barely even in the story so far...when the hell does Hermes return? I actually find the female cast more interesting than some of the Jobro's. Hermes is way more interesting than Caesar.

cntr

Banned
If you think about it, Jolyne is trying to save Jotaro the same way Jotaro had to save Holly. And Hermes has roughly the same backstory as Polnareff.

If you think about it, Jolyne is trying to save Jotaro the same way Jotaro had to save Holly. And Hermes has roughly the same backstory as Polnareff.
But I like Hermes more than Polnareff and Jolyne way fucking more than Part 3 Jotaro. Shit I like Part 6 Dio more than Part 3 Dio and he's just a flashback sequence talking to bishie ass Pucci so far.

caliph95

Weather is barely even in the story so far...when the hell does Hermes return? I actually find the female cast more interesting than some of the Jobro's. Hermes is way more interesting than Caesar.

Weather report to be fair is barely in this story because he's overpowered and where are you right now.
The prison crew and the gangstars are my favourites among the full jojo crews (not counting 7 and 8 since they don't have an actual crew) so i agree with you there.

Weather report to be fair is barely in this story because he's overpowered and where are you right now.
The prison crew and the gangstars are my favourites among the full jojo crews (not counting 7 and 8 since they don't have an actual crew) so i agree with you there.
Jotaro is at the SPW foundation as a vegetable losing more muscle mass and some how through their connection Jolyne had her name carved into her arm. I like the GangStars, the Prison Crew and the Duwang Gang so far.

caliph95

But I like Hermes more than Polnareff and Jolyne way fucking more than Part 3 Jotaro. Shit I like Part 6 Dio more than Part 3 Dio and he's just a flashback sequence talking to bishie ass Pucci so far.
True but Hermes is the polnareff and she has gotten Jolye and FF almost killed like Polnareff.

Also it's not hard being more interesting than Jotaro

True but Hermes is the polnareff and she has gotten Jolye and FF almost killed like Polnareff.

Also it's not hard being more interesting than Jotaro
Almost and I think she's just more interesting than Polnareff, more interesting Stand too so she has to think a lot harder how to make that shit work for her. Polnareff had a stab ghost.

cntr

Banned
Jotaro is at the SPW foundation as a vegetable losing more muscle mass and some how through their connection Jolyne had her name carved into her arm.
That's actually a reference to an old Chinese folktale where a father and daughter get in trouble, and they basically do that to get out of it.

Fits the whole thing with Dio being able to sense Joestars and vice versa, and the similar thing with Trish and Diavolo.

That's actually a reference to an old Chinese folktale where a father and daughter get in trouble, and they basically do that to get out of it.

Fits the whole thing with Dio being able to sense Joestars and vice versa, and the similar thing with Trish and Diavolo.
Is your stand ability having answers to everything?

caliph95

Almost and I think she's just more interesting than Polnareff, more interesting Stand too so she has to think a lot harder how to make that shit work for her. Polnareff had a stab ghost.
To be fair Part 3 was Araki trying to figure out the direction to go with his stand which is why a lot of things about them were dropped.Also why Jotaro's is just o punch people rally hard and Avdol is just fire (among other stuff) and they become a lot less punchy the further you go through the parts and have more creative powers.

7 ad 8 barely punch
Is your stand ability having answers to everything?
Yes, it's his stand ability

To be fair Part 3 was Araki trying to figure out the direction to go with his stand which is why a lot of things about them were dropped.Also why Jotaro's is just o punch people rally hard and Avdol is just fire (among other stuff) and they become a lot less punchy the further you go through the parts and have more creative powers.

7 ad 8 barely punch

Yes, it's his stand ability
Don't worry I do understand that Part 3 was stands in their infancy phase and then Part 4 happens and then Part 5 just breaks all fucking logic. I just find it weird that I like the later counterparts to Part 3's characters a lot more than the actual Part 3 characters.

cntr

Banned
Jolyne's sort of like Joseph with Jotaro mixed in, though she has a lot of her own things going on anyway. Hermes is like sassier seinen Polnareff.

Jolyne's sort of like Joseph with Jotaro mixed in, though she has a lot of her own things going on anyway. Hermes is like sassier seinen Polnareff.
Yeah Jolyne is pretty fun, took a bit for me to get used to this damn part, but it's been pretty enjoyable lately. I guess since this part is more stationary like Part 4 it just took a bit getting used to. This is like the complete opposite of Part 5, granted I'm still rooting for criminals, but it feels different this time.

Yeah, but he said that it's not really necessary right now, and nowadays he doesn't make a new thread until the month is over, even if it goes beyond 200 pages.

that said we'll have an OT2 for organization at least, yeah

I don't believe it is technically necessary anymore. Making new threads around 20,000 posts is more of a precaution and forum courtesy these days.

Ah. I see.

cntr

Banned
How do you over think this much and survive a basic Jojo read? It's nen isn't it? Must be tied to your Hatsu.
The way I see it, most people analyze series in a really boring way. "This wouldn't work in real life so it's nonsense", "this wasn't explained so it can't be explained", "it contradicts itself sometimes so it's not worth thinking about it ever", just, blah.

It's way more fun to try and think about it from the other direction. Like, we know the power works a certain way, so what rules would it have? What would you need to infer to make it work? Like, in real life, you can't look at something that actually happened and go "Well, this doesn't fit the rules, therefore it didn't happen.", you have to go "Well, I guess the rules were wrong! I should fix them.". So why not do fiction the same way? It's more fun that way. (Plus, sometimes, story or themes are worth more than strict consistency.)

Jojo just happens to be the kind of series that works well with that kind of analysis, even if it's pretty inconsistent in the end.

also yeah my hatsu definitely helps

Jojo is legit consistent with how inconsistent it is. Some of it does make sense and Araki does indeed put some thought into writing it, but sometimes it would kind of just help having some sort of Jojo codex on the side that tells you what story from his past he's digging up so you have an idea of where he's going with certain elements of the plot or the reason for the stand.

I am just not fond of when people start to overly critisize JoJo...if that's what they're doing? Basically like in the opposite direction of how you had put it, cntr (I see a similar thing occur with O-PM where they try and "pick it apart" as if it needed to be). Or something like when they believe it no longer fits how they once thought it to be (usually the die-hard Battle Tendency fans I've seen reacting this way)

Meanwhile I can only see it as constantly trying to improve upon itself. Really not that difficult!

I am just not fond of when people start to overly critisize JoJo...if that's what they're doing? Basically like in the opposite direction of how you had put it, cntr (I see a similar thing occur with O-PM where they try and "pick it apart" as if it needed to be). Or something like when they believe it no longer fits how they once thought it to be (usually the die-hard Battle Tendency fans I've seen reacting this way)

Meanwhile I can only see it as constantly trying to improve upon itself. Really not that difficult!
Current Jojo is way better that Part 2 in my opinion. I like Joseph and all, but some people preaching the gospel of Joseph and wishing everybody were swole and Hamon users need to adapt and just get used to it. I'll give them Part 3 being not up to snuff, but pretty much every part after that is a lot of fun.

cntr

Banned
Keeping hamon and stuff wouldn't work beyond Part 3. Part 4, a sitcom-y slice of life story about life with supernatural powers and serial killers...with a martial arts training arc? No way that'd work and still be DiU.

Keeping hamon and stuff wouldn't work beyond Part 3. Part 4, a sitcom-y slice of life story about life with supernatural powers and serial killers...with a martial arts training arc? No way that'd work and still be DiU.
Old Joseph:"Koichi you must use da ripple!!"
Koichi:"But I can't, not enough fighting spirit."
Yukako:"Koichi-kun if you don't use da ripple I'll chop off your penis, remember that time you peed your pants you bastard!!!!"
Koichi:".....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH SUNLIGHT RIPPLE OVERDRIVE!!! I WANT TO LIVE DON'T KILL ME YUKAKO!!"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Part 6 Dio is my favorite version of the original Dio. It really gives you a sense of why some of his followers in part 3 worshipped him (the ones without the flesh bud, anyway). The part 6 version is closer to the Dio described by N'Doul than the part 3 finale Dio.

Part 6 Dio is my favorite version of the original Dio. It really gives you a sense of why some of his followers in part 3 worshipped him (the ones without the flesh bud, anyway). The part 6 version is closer to the Dio described by N'Doul than the part 3 finale Dio.
"Come Pucci-Chan, let me show you the ways of the world."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom