• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Kane is the only link that can keep this chain together.
YEAH
He's done, friend. You gotta let go....
Oh....yeah.

It's hard to keep my new shirt in stock
Wrestling shirt back text is actually amazing.

Here's the thing

Dragon Ball Z was always bad

as someone who has watched (and still watches) a fair amount of Shonen series inspired by DBZ tropes....I kinda agree.

But hey Perfect Cell is a pretty cool looking guy.

Dragon Ball references remind me that I've finally concluded, after 7 months worth of episodes shown on Adult Swim, that Dragon Ball Super is absolute fucking self-referential ironic hipster bullshit trash and the animation is ugly too.

I watched the first 15 episodes, the whole first arc and decided that was good enough. That arc was dumb. Haven't even got to where their hair turns blue for whatever reason.

Heroman

Banned
tumblr_nmr8bxYlS91r7rtmro1_500.jpg

klonere

Banned
I was the archetypal teenager DBZ Cartoon Network viewer.

I think that DBZ Abridged makes the series watchable over more than one arc.

Jamie OD

Not that interested in Angle's er... angle on Raw tonight. It's probably going to be HHH and Steph related to bring them back to TV.

If HHH comes back who does he face? No chance Angle passed a physical for a match.
in true hhh fashion he will feud with finn balor to try and get him over but it'll just result in a match no one cares about and balor will suffer as a result

If Bryan goes to NJPW I wonder how hard he would go. Even if he wants to wrassle again I cant see him going full American Dragon.
It's been said he's been working on making a safe style for him to wrestle with.

somedevil

I think we will soon be living in a world where Angle can pass the test but Bryan can't.

Bryan's problem is concussion related while Angle is his body and neck. So he still has a better chance to pass then Bryan or Graves.

I rather just the secret being Gable is his son.

It's been said he's been working on making a safe style for him to wrestle with.

So is he taking piledrivers or poision rana's from the middle and top rope?

Egg0

Banned
If Bryan goes to NJPW I wonder how hard he would go. Even if he wants to wrassle again I cant see him going full American Dragon.

I could see him going back to a more submission-based wrestling style. His later years, he seemingly dropped a lot of submissions other than the Yes Lock, in favor of suicide dives.

ZSJ-lite, if you will.

Last night/this morning's ZSJ/Tanahashi match was great. I actively disliked ZSJ in the CWC, but he was ruthlessly great in this.

Time for the main event now, yo.

The CWC was a horrible showcase of ZSJ (particularly the first match)

The dude basically stood there while Zach walked through the motions bending him around. It was super unexciting made worse by Daniel Bryan way overcompensating on commentary. "WOW! OH MY GOSH! THIS MIGHT NOT BE TOO EXCITING FOR PEOPLE AT HOME BUT FOR ME ITS AMAZING, WOW!"

I had the same shit opinion of that first match, which improved with the ones that followed, and now having seen him in person 4 times and watched his work in NJPW and some of Progress.....dude is legit

Oersted

To reopen old wounds

On the August 22 episode of Raw, the day after SummerSlam, the Dudley Boyz announced their departure from WWE. During their farewell segment, they were confronted by The Shining Stars. After receiving insults from The Shining Stars, the Dudley Boyz attacked them, turning face once again in the process. As they set up Primo for a 3D through a table, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson attacked both Bubba Ray and D-Von, sending D-Von through the table with a Magic Killer.

shaowebb

Ugh...saw a G1 match just now with the english announcers. My God they have no idea most of the time how to bridge the moments between the action with commentary. They dont interact a lot. They just go quiet way too often. I miss the japanese announcers who is hyperventilating wondering what the next moment may bring.

Reminder he said this the last time he came back too. Repeated it a week before Mania! Aka the night he decided he needed to add 20 head butts a match to his arsenal

Last time he ever did a televised headbutt was to Sheamus and that was that

Remember when Gallows and Anderson had their awesome debut where they just showed up and killed the Usos

And then they never did anything ever again

somedevil

Top 3 youtube views for Raw from last week:

1. Big Show and Cass: 2.3 million views
2. Brock Segment: 2.2 million
3. Jeff promo saying obsolete: 1.5 million

Top Bottom