• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You'd be sick of Nakamura/Styles if they dragged it all the way to Mania.

Trust me, you'd be sick of Kota Ibushi/Kenny Omega if they started it at SummerSlam and repeatedly ran it from now until April including random tag matches with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn or whatever.

It's literally the only option they have other than an NXT callup. Can't be Ascension or Hype Bros based on storyline. Can't be Usos or New Day because they are busy. One of the Colons is injured. The only remaining members of the roster not booked on the show are Ziggler and Gable, and that's not happening.

So yeah, get ready for it.

Definitely wouldn't be so quick to rule out one of themselves doing it and splitting up

Anth0ny

Trust me, you'd be sick of Kota Ibushi/Kenny Omega if they started it at SummerSlam and repeatedly ran it from now until April including random tag matches with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn or whatever.

it's true

they're gonna fuck up nakamura/styles

lol

Owens genuinely just said in an interview he wouldn't mind having a match with Zayn at the next Mania, and my instinct first reaction was "oh neat, that feud everyone got sick of the last 8 months it happened is going to get at least another 3 months"

@TheEricGoldman
Just talked to @BellaTwins at #SDCC and Brie tells me she’s working towards a return to the ring! BRIE MODE ACTIVATED!

Arguments for why Bryan wouldn't go back to in-ring wrestling, over the past month, were basically reduced to two: "he enjoys Talking Smack and that's still around, they can always re-sign him to keep him doing that" and "Brie is retired too, she'll tell him it's the right thing to stay away"

Both those arguments are now gone.

@TheEricGoldman
Just talked to @BellaTwins at #SDCC and Brie tells me she’s working towards a return to the ring! BRIE MODE ACTIVATED!

Arguments for why Bryan wouldn't go back to in-ring wrestling, over the past month, were basically reduced to two: "he enjoys Talking Smack and that's still around, they can always re-sign him to keep him doing that" and "Brie is retired too, she'll tell him it's the right thing to stay away"

Jesus

Brie is a bigger idiot than he is

DMczaf

@TheEricGoldman

DBry Wrestle Kingdom Countdown!!!

TNAMecca making s late push for carny of the year

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888190892338794496

Yeah, for those who don't remember:

In January TNAMecca founder Chris Regal "died"

Today Chris Regal posted

Essentially he never died or left. He's posed as the other new moderator in the whole time between, and today accidentally posted in his regular/old/dead account. TNAMecca has reacted to this the way they've reacted to anything anti-TNA/GFW: ignoring and moving on from it like nothing happened

DMczaf

TNAMecca making a late push for carny of the year

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888190892338794496

Yeah, for those who don't remember:

In January TNAMecca founder Chris Regal "died"

Today Chris Regal posted

Essentially he never died or left. He's posed as the other new moderator in the whole time between, and today accidentally posted in his regular/old/dead account. TNAMecca has reacted to this the way they've reacted to anything anti-TNA/GFW: ignoring and moving on from it like nothing happened

butler.png

@TheEricGoldman

Those arguments have been dead for a while since Brie already said she's been trying to see when she can get back in the ring weeks ago (or was it months?).

Sweeney RBH

Anth0ny

The WWE’s current package is undervalued for a couple of reasons. One, the group negotiated its last renewal with USA Network in 2014 as it was launching its streaming WWE Network. “The Network’s effect on television ratings was unpredictable and competitive bidders to NBCU were hesitant to step-up,” Ross wrote. The other, sports are a hot property for broadcast and cable networks because they draw a big audience and those viewers — nearly all of whom watch live — aren’t skipping the commercials.

ain't it a shame that wwe isn't a sport, nor drawing a big audience?

heheheh

Stories about wrestlers being really self conscious about being part of an imaginary athletics competition are hilarious.

The Louis Theroux documentary where they work him to the point he is vomiting for asking a question about the scripted nature of wrestling is the carniest shit ever.

Anth0ny

between aj just kinda doing nothing and nakamura clearly not trying I think my fave five atm consists of all shin nihon pro wrestlers for the first time ever

g1 just solidifying that... and it's only been two days.

Owens genuinely just said in an interview he wouldn't mind having a match with Zayn at the next Mania, and my instinct first reaction was "oh neat, that feud everyone got sick of the last 8 months it happened is going to get at least another 3 months"

You can slow work it. The reason we all got sick of Owens and Zayn was it slammed into our face every single show. As I've said over and over you do not need to have people continually engaged for a story & feud to grow.

WWE is just all about that instant gratification

norm9

Watched some raw highlights on the wwe network. Miz and miztourage looking strong. Seth and ambrose is better together than apart. Strowman is op.

Top Bottom