• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Tagyhag

Yeah, for those who don't remember:

In January TNAMecca founder Chris Regal "died"

Today Chris Regal posted

Essentially he never died or left. He's posed as the other new moderator in the whole time between, and today accidentally posted in his regular/old/dead account. TNAMecca has reacted to this the way they've reacted to anything anti-TNA/GFW: ignoring and moving on from it like nothing happened

What
The
Fuck

That's beyond carny. It's like, advanced carny.

Heroman

Banned
tumblr_ot80vffuUv1s18r2ho3_400.gif

Heroman

Banned
I been thinking about the Carnies and it going to be hard for WWE. This may be the first year where we don't sperate NJPW and WWE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boy nobody is selling anything in this Riot/Moon match.

Menome

Whilst it's been a few years since I was last in a fight, am I alone in that being kicked/punched in the balls isn't actually any worse than being kicked/punched anywhere else?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've already had multiple 4vs3 games in Splatoon 2 because of quitters and Nintendo cant backfill other players in to replace them

AND THEYRE GOING TO CHARGE FOR THEIR ONLINE SERVICE

Hasney

According to the Observer, the reason Jason Jordan is Angles son over gable is just "a joke" on Angle for his history of dating black women.

Got 'em, Vince!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already had multiple 4vs3 games in Splatoon 2 because of quitters and Nintendo cant backfill other players in to replace them

Heaven forbid that its only 20 bucks a year and give you access to a bunch of classic games as well as for playing online :/

You bought a Switch, meng. Who's playing who?
According to the Observer, the reason Jason Jordan is Angles son over gable is just "a joke" on Angle for his history of dating black women.

Got 'em, Vince!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$60 Million
*Some marks ass shit*
😂😂😂😂😂

Help me understand my NJPW subscription.

What is G1 Climax? Is it some nightly competition they do once a year?
Round robin tournament. Two blocks. Takes place over the course of a month. Winners of each block face off in the finals and winner challenges for the strap at WrestleKingdom.

Here's a schedule:
https://www.cagesideseats.com/platf...aming-details-full-schedule-matches-date-time

Help me understand my NJPW subscription.

What is G1 Climax? Is it some nightly competition they do once a year?

It isn't nightly, it is usually a number nights a week for 3 weeks or thereabouts.

It is kinda like the Rumble I guess. The winner gets a title shot at Wrestle Kingdom in January. If the current champ wins, they get to choose their challenger at Wrestle Kingdom.

If the winner of the tourney gets beaten by someone during G1, the person(s) who beat them can challenge them for their title shot at some point throughout the rest of the year.

It is a round robin tournament so it is points based. Winning giving 2 points. Losing giving 0 etc. Usually has some of the best matches of the year and is used for setting up future storylines a lot of the time.

Hex

Banned
Thanks.

And what is it that the crowd seems to chant during every match?

You will find that some places have their own loyalty.
Korakuen Hall is Naito land and they will cheer for him no matter who he faces.
Usually fans boo cheaters, cheer heroes but will often go back and forth but will almost always boo cheating

Top Bottom