• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Mahonay

Banned
713wQtJ.jpg

republicans are auto off the list

Sami Zayn, Cena... Kenta Kobashi? >_<

Excel I agree that Cena is very "Are the cameras on? Ok good, make sure you get me giving my merch to this dying kid"... but I do think he's the #1 make a wish celebrity in the world. So I'd lean towards putting him on the list.

Charity doesn't make you a good person is my point.

Meltzer says that NJPW World subs are basically flat this year. No real increase or decrease from where they were at WK.

So as good a year as they are having quality-wise, it doesn't seem to be helping them on that front. At least not yet.

Meltzer says that NJPW World subs are basically flat this year. No real increase or decrease from where they were at WK.

So as good a year as they are having quality-wise, it doesn't seem to be helping them on that front. At least not yet.

Unfortunately there's probably a good number of people who are happy with that because "Casuals will ruin NJPW" or some bullshit.

Anth0ny

Still too niche, but they're onto something right now with this incredible year. Take this momentum, start a US based promotion in 2018... who knows what could happen.

Becky Lynch is a good person. I will hear no argument otherwise

But coming from a bad person doesn't make a charity donation a bad thing. It goes both ways. Like you can commend an action while condemning the person. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

People are too lazy to cancel their subscriptions. I was I'm starting to use it again for G1, they really really really need some apps of consoles and other devices if they want a boost in numbers.

Anth0ny

Of course, but I also haven't really heard any shitty stories about Cena either. In the grand scheme of things... being strict, ego-centric, goal/money oriented and being the #1 make a wish dude who is constantly going to visit dying children and make their life sure beats supporting trump, being a racist, being a wife beater...

Becky Lynch is a good person. I will hear no argument otherwise

But coming from a bad person doesn't make a charity donation a bad thing. It goes both ways. Like you can commend an action while condemning the person. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Sure but the argument was is Cena a good person... the defense in favour was top Make a Wish... A ton of shitty people do charity.

Of course, but I also haven't really heard any shitty stories about Cena either. In the grand scheme of things... being strict, ego-centric, goal/money oriented and being the #1 make a wish dude who is constantly going to visit dying children and make their life sure beats supporting trump, being a racist, being a wife beater...

We don't know that he isn't a Trump supporter to be frank though was my point.

Guy could have just voted NO two days ago and saved the stress and anxiety of the American Public, but he had to vote yes just to say No later.

Sure, ok, thanks for saying no but if you were going to vote no than do it from the get go.

As much as I don't want to defend McCain, him voting for allowing the bill to the floor was to kill the bill completely so Mitch can't bring Skinny Repeal back to the floor (at least this version). Yes it was stressful due to how shit the bill was and playing with people's lives is tremendously fucked and the Goppers can go to hell for it. But if he told them earlier, McConnell would have pulled it and kept trying to work Murkowski or Collins until one caved.

If you're talking about him doing the thumbs down and the media stuff like that, sure that's fair. I would have preferred if he had said no in the beginning as well so we don't have to stay up till 2 in the morning worrying if 40 million are going to lose their healthcare.

(That does not mean McCain isn't a douchenozzle overall and more credit should be given to Murkowski and Collins since they were no's since the beginning.)

This isn't a spine...

He voted for the big GOP let's gut Medicaid Health Bill... Like he;s in favor of that.
Even lambasting it in the vote to allow debate in that stupid speech he gave and saying it was stupid and a bad bill and he still voted for it..

Mahonay

Banned
There are definitely infinitely bigger pieces of shit in wrestling, Cena is not even in the conversation of bad people in wrestling. He's ego-centric as hell and seems to be very controlling. That's about the worst things you can say about him. His good far outweighs his bad.

Then you have guys like the Briscoes, true pieces of human trash.

People are too lazy to cancel their subscriptions. I was I'm starting to use it again for G1, they really really really need some apps of consoles and other devices if they want a boost in numbers.

They have Chromecast and Fire TV support now, which is nice.

I would say some would point to the all the cheating on his wife and backstage politic bullshit he pulled with Ken Doane and getting Mickie James sent away to SD has a negative impact on opinions of him.

Sephzilla

Bad talking the booker with a title shot days away, smh

EDIT: If cheating on his wife is the worst thing we can lob at Cena, then he's still near the top of the list when it comes to good guys in wrestling

There are definitely infinitely bigger pieces of shit in wrestling, Cena is not even in the conversation of bad people in wrestling. He's ego-centric as hell and seems to be very controlling. That's about the worst things you can say about him. His good far outweighs his bad.

Then you have guys like the Briscoes, true pieces of human trash.

No denying that... But I'm undecided if he gets true good person ala Sami Zayn.

So you saying he worked them brother?
Basically? He apparently told Chuck and Chris Murphy maybe before the vote and then again on the floor when he huddled with the Dems. If Mitch had gotten word he flipped beforehand then he could have pulled it or just voted no so he can bring it back later if he chose.

Meanwhile Murk was getting bum rushed by 5 senators before the vote and threatened by Donnie to fuck with government aid in Alaska yesterday afternoon and people forget that.

FWIW, Goldberg is legit a good dude. Meltzer was telling a story a year or so ago about how a lot of wrestlers advertise their charity work and help themselves look better, but Goldberg would go every year at Christmas basically since he became a big star to donate stuff to charity and to kids and never spoke a word about it in public. Meltzer was even hesitant to name Goldberg as the guy he was talking about because Bill doesn't really want it to ever seem like he did it for the positive image.

Recall

Just a bunch of band aids trying to cover up the bigger problem.

There's a reason why it's #5years and not #1year. I expect this all to blow up in their face at some point and then they're really fucked. None of this network shit is going to help come tv deal negotiation time.

It's been "fucked" since 2002 based on rating decline.

15 years later it still exists. It will always exist.

Mahonay

Banned
The Piece of Shit Hall of Fame Class

Dynamite Kid
Jimmy Snuka and Carlos Calon for MURDER
Michael PS Hayes
Ultimate Warrior
New Jack
Jerry Lawler
Shawn Michaels
Fabulous Moolah
Hulk Hogan
Vince McMahon
Bill Watts

Sephzilla

Has HBK done anything shitty since he got religious? He could maybe be one of those rare people who's both on the 'shitty people' and 'good people' list since he seemed to change a lot during his hiatus

Top Bottom