• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

zach_sucks_kids_tshirt.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

gRFzZzNOY1-4.png
Zach sucks

Zach

I think the only TNA match I've ever seen from bell to bell was Jeff Hardy vs Sting. When Sting shot on Hardy.

I watch this match once:

I watched Dave Meltzer Five-Star Classic Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher "that guy who landed on his head on Nitro" Daniels last night. It was good. At least four starz.

Was TNA good for a minute or has it always had terrible crap going on? Pretty funny that Styles and Joe are Big Dealz now. TNA could've ruled the world!

Give it a go.

Kaladin

There was a period of TNA that was pure gold right before Hogan came in. I think Turning Point 2009 and Final Resolution 2009 were the high marks. We got Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolf (Nigel McGuinness) and Joe vs Daniels vs Styles II.

They were kind of just booking for the fans and throwing the best things they had together because they knew Hogan would come in and change everything.

Kaladin

BTW, Jeff Jarrett gets Carny of the Year for this year.

Nobody will top failing with a second wrestling promotion, only to sell that second promotion to the new parent company of your first promotion and talking them into going forward with the branding of your new creation that as mentioned before, is already failing.

Ishii staring at those burgers looking like Gedo hasn't fed him in weeks in that picture.

Jeff Jarrett is the last great carny businessman in this business. The man can turn two dimes into a quarter, that quarter into a dollar, and that dollar into five. He might not get rich quick, and he'll never get as rich as Vince, but the man knows how to work the ground game on the road to riches.

Zach

What matches are 5 starz on the Zach Scale?
That one Eddie/Mysterio match. And probably some other WCW cruiser action. Maybe something to do with Flair and/or Sting and/or Vader and/or Cactus and/or Steamboat and/or Arn and/or Rude and/or The Steinerz and/or Bayley.

Kaladin

Cactus Jack is in the tier below Austin. Then everyone else is like about 71 tiers down.

Are we talking Cactus Jack or Mick Foley as a whole? IMO, Foley turned out to be better than Austin with the range he had in characters. I'd even argue that even though Austin had a better feud than he ever had, Foley had the better character arc.

Hex

Banned
OK INTERNETS I SAID BUSHI NOT BUSH OR BUSHY.....Trying to make me the next damned GAF super star up in here.....

EDIT : AAAAAAAHHHHHH Ima go back to the rest of the crew and Bushi will show up via osmosis

might be a directive from viacom to do away with 'sexist' innuendo in T n A for a new tv deal -

Spike TV will be rebranded in January as Viacom looks for a more accessible TV hub.

Spike TV will become the Paramount Network in January as parent company Viacom looks to build out the former male-leaning cable network and turn it into a broad-skewing hub.

This has been a rather shit week for me with family problems going on. The one thing that allows me to escape for awhile from that stuff is coming in here and talking wrestling, Impact in general. I couldn't even get the PPV, but I was still excited with all of you and for you. This is a serious buzz kill I don't need right now.
-My vent

This has been a rather shit week for me with family problems going on. The one thing that allows me to escape for awhile from that stuff is coming in here and talking wrestling, Impact in general. I couldn't even get the PPV, but I was still excited with all of you and for you. This is a serious buzz kill I don't need right now.
-My vent
We're all here for each other, brother.
LA is ugly as sin
You don't enjoy entire streets covered in hobo tents?

Hex

Banned
who would buy a framed limited edition of a picture of a predetermined skirmish?

But you get an actual piece of the canvas.
It was touched , and possibly laid on and has sweat and dna.
Bargain.

Edit: I used to make fun of some of this shit, the plaques , the boxes of cards with the 1/1000 chance to pull one with a piece of Piper's shirt or Macho's bandana on a card, or the figures where like one figure in four cases will have different color tights, or championship belts (they have like 5 levels of them) , Money Briefcase....
Wrestling fans are creepy, but the WWF and right into the WWE days learned to turn it into a fevered insanity of merchandising.

Hex

Banned
Hex has spent millions on diva clothes auctions.

Shit kid, between my drinking habits my movie addictions and my Warhammer 40k addictions I would be checking Tammy Sytch's wrinkles for loose change.

Edit: I like this description better

Top Bottom