• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

giphy.gif

Menome

Most of the people I used to interact with over there were pretty good people. i've just found one of the crazies (I'm not the only one jumping on him).

Oh, and this person has a Sonic avatar

Have they told you to watch an Impact PPV because Sting might be on it?

Menome

I've been getting my backside handed to me by Crash Bandicoot this evening. How in the flying fuck did I complete this when I was 10 years old?

Vince keeps cutting in on the chants and boos to Orton by saying they should respect the champ.

I want Vince as heel Roman's mouthpiece so badly.

Man playing the crash remake is such a blast to the past. It reminds me of the time I went to my cousins house and played on a Playstation for the first time. I love and hate the internet because nothing is a surprise anymore but it is so useful.

Syder

Completely agree.
Somehow GTA V ended up being less than the sum of it's parts. Even if you exclude Rockstar/Take-Two's shitty business practices, GTA V just doesn't come close to touching San Andreas or Vice City. GTA IV was a misstep for the series but I've replayed The Ballad of Gay Tony like 5 times. I highly doubt I'd ever replay the boring ass GTA V story. What the game ended up being and what they've done with the Online since has totally killed my interest in playing Red Dead 2 on release. The original is highly overrated and I'm really not looking forward to R* trying to sell me the Old Western equivalent of fucking Shark Cards.

I'd much rather have a Bully or L.A. Noire sequel anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbux-M60Cr8

G1 press conference is streaming if anyone's interested. I can't watch ish at work.
Turn it on and my ears are blessed with Kenny's dulcet tones.

This has been a rather shit week for me with family problems going on. The one thing that allows me to escape for awhile from that stuff is coming in here and talking wrestling, Impact in general. I couldn't even get the PPV, but I was still excited with all of you and for you. This is a serious buzz kill I don't need right now.
-My vent

Give life the big boot when it's going for a double leg, brother.

Slammiversary does look pretty good. Is it possible that Impact Wrestling/Global Force Wrestling, not WWE, gets my money in 2017?

somedevil

From ProWrestling sheet at the New Japan United States Championship press conference:

Dueling Okada/Cody chants as the press conference begins.

Zack Sabre Jr says he takes pride being the only man in the US Championship tournament who wears skinny jeans.

Naito, via translator, says he plans to throw the United States Championship in the garbage.

RIP TNA, thanks for the memories!

Stone Cold Shark Boy
New Jack in a paddling pool
Paparazzi Productions
Kevin Nash not giving a shit and being paid to shot skits

AJ, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels

Giving Jerry Lynn the best run of his career during 2002

Team Canada

Ah fuck it, I'm going to bed to continue to watch 2002 TNAs. I'm on episode 21!

I know I've wanted Okada to lose for a while now, but if fucking Cody Rhodes of all people were to beat him then I don't know what I'd think.

Also Jerry Lynn might be the only man more boring than Cesaro.

Character wise and on the mic Jerry Lynn wasn't very good, but he put on some great matches against AJ Styles during those early TNA shows. It's a shame they seem to go unnoticed.

In fact, he had good matches with nearly everyone he went up against.

Fuck these fucking morons chanting for Cody. Like, I'm no Okada fan, but fucking Cody? Really? Must be the "NXT is my indy/I watched a match from WrestleKingdom so I consider myself an NJPW fan" crowd.

RIP TNA, thanks for the memories!

Stone Cold Shark Boy
New Jack in a paddling pool
Paparazzi Productions
Kevin Nash not giving a shit and being paid to shot skits

AJ, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels

Giving Jerry Lynn the best run of his career during 2002

Team Canada

Ah fuck it, I'm going to bed to continue to watch 2002 TNAs. I'm on episode 21!

You talk about the best of TNA, but you don't actually list the best:

The Johnsons
tna_johnsons.jpg

Midgets assaulting the cage dancers
vlcsnap-2015-06-27-12h43m26s774.png

Samoa Joe's penis on his face:
tna_samoajoe3_200x300.jpg

klonere

Banned
Fuck these fucking morons chanting for Cody. Like, I'm no Okada fan, but fucking Cody? Really? Must be the "NXT is my indy/I watched a match from WrestleKingdom so I consider myself an NJPW fan" crowd.

Typical bitter ex-WWE fan, can't handle someone they don't like being cheered.

Fuck it! Tonight, when I get home, I think I want to pull together the best of TNA for each year of its existence. Surely, TNA superfan Garrett Kidney already has such a list I can reference.

XenoRaven

I'm shocked that NJPW put an American wrestler in a high profile match as part of their American expansion and the American fans are cheering for the American wrestler.

I mean who could have seen this coming?

Edit: This was needlessly snarky but I'm going to leave it along with this acknowledgement.

Top Bottom