• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD a 'sci-fi terror adventure 22yrs after JP' News/Rumors/Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
That looks more badass than I thought it would, I admit.
That's one interpretation of their appearance of a feathered Tyrannosaurus. Another example is the Yutyrannus which is known to be feathered:
yutyrannus_reconstruction_new.jpg

They have even developed method's for determining color of the feathers

movie needs to have kick ass story to be good one. Third one was so garbage that i do not consider it to part of the family. 1 is classic. 2 is amazing till the end part.

Focus on story and great sequence please. Also fuck feathers and flying dinos.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm pro-feather, but at this point, I'm tired of the debate, so I don't really care. I just want a good movie.

However, there is no reason why feathers couldn't exist in a world where dinosaurs were genetically reproduced using DNA found in mosquitoes preserved in amber. All they'd have to do is take a line out of the original book and say they modified the genetic sequence as they saw fit. In the original, I'm pretty sure they rapidly accelerated the physical development of the dinosaurs or something like that, and modified others, too.
They mention that DNA samples found in the amber were incomplete, so they filled the missing parts with some toad's DNA. Given that toads don't have feathers, we can infer that the series' dinos won't have either.
I guess that if they wanted to add feathered dinos they could handwave that they were from somewhere that used the same technique but mixed with some bird's DNA instead or something.

Jangocube

Banned
As scientific knowledge of dinosaurs improves I don't see a problem with the films following suit, I mean feathers can look decent:
SgSJk.jpg

Improving the public representation does no harm anyway. Why cling to old knowledge that is outdated?

God damn that is terrifying looking. If dinosaurs had feathers, which evidence showed that they did, then they should have feathers. Don't see what the big deal is.

God damn that is terrifying looking. If dinosaurs had feathers, which evidence showed that they did, then they should have feathers. Don't see what the big deal is.

because they do not fit in Jurassic park movie universe. make a new movie out of it that is not related to jp.

So, does anyone else think Chris Pratt/Guadians of the Galaxy might really help this movie in terms of star power?

i0uFCIytwpNOZ.gif

Because, I seriously think people who don't already know him will love him.

There will be an open casting call in Hawaii this weekend for families and military looking type. Further, they are casting for more featured roles, one being a hotel concierge, another being "greying Japanese badass" Katashi Hamada. Here are the sides for those two roles:

Yb744QP.jpg

mrlmGkk.jpg

Just a heads up, major script spoilers have apparently leaked online assuming they are legitimate. Including the ending. So, yeah.

I only read some of the earlier, lighter stuff.

I'm not hyped for this film because I haven't seen a single trailer to get any idea of how it is acted and shot.

I'm waiting till I get more than leaks and rumors.

I'm guessing this is the source of the leaks

http://boards.4chan.org/tv/res/42528156

read at your own discretion

some deets

OWEN (Chris Pratt).
>Ex-Marine with PSTD that is convinced to go to the Jurassic World with his brother Matt. When the dinosaurs escape, Matt is killed, and Owen vows to help the small group of survivors reach safety to escape the island.

BETH (Bryce Dallas Howard).
Head-scientist of the dinosaur engineering department of Patel Corp, Beth just came into custody of her nephews and struggles to bond with them while also dealing with the sketchy safety of Jurassic World.

GRAY (Ty Simpkins).
Beth's younger nephew who lost his parents in a car crash. He's emotionally-stunted and doesn't speak at first, though he eventually bonds with Owen.

ZACH (Nick Robinson).
Gray's older brother who blames himself for their parents' death and ends up pushing Gray away, until Owen and Beth help them reconnect.

ROBBIE (Jake Johnson).
A wise-cracking guide at the Jurassic World.

PATEL (Irfan Khan).
CEO of Patel Corp and new owner of the Jurassic World, Patel pushes for its production despite safety regulations not being up to par, but does not expect all the shit that ensues and is not that bad a guy at heart.

MORTON (Vincent D'Onofrio).
Patel's lawyer who plans to steal his company by sabotaging the Jurassic Park on opening weekend, without expecting all that shit that ensues.

MATT (Not yet cast).
Owen's brother that gets killed during the initial breakout.

bengraven

There will be an open casting call in Hawaii this weekend for families and military looking type. Further, they are casting for more featured roles, one being a hotel concierge, another being "greying Japanese badass" Katashi Hamada. Here are the sides for those two roles:

Yb744QP.jpg

mrlmGkk.jpg

Oh god, what's in the box, what's in the BOOOOOX...

Hype.

This is the first I've heard of it. Bring it on! And definitely put in the feathered dinos. There are plenty of dinosaurs that don't have feathers - the term, quite frankly, is outdated since these are very different animals - so do 'em up right, with the best info available.

Doran902

It's basically a retelling of the first film, hoping they can work in some stuff from the book this time round.

I always wanted the scene from the book where they are in the raft / on the river and the rex is sleeping and then starts coming towards them in the water. Could have been epic.

Frank Marshall on Twitter said that none of this is true.

mikey lee james ‏@MICKEYLEE2009 4h
@LeDoctor i havent read it as im looking forward to next year but has the script been leaked as reported? #jwspoilerfree

Frank Marshall ‏@LeDoctor 1h
@MICKEYLEE2009 Again, not true.

@LeDoctor i havent read it as im looking forward to next year but has the script been leaked as reported? #jwspoilerfree

However, I do love the detail these trolls put into these leaks.

Tamed dinosaurs freaking out and put into survival mode would have been a lot more effective than whatever they have lined up. Missed opportunity for sure.

Guess they're all just uber hunters always thirsty for blood like every other dino flick? Fun.

I'm still there day one

He's hardly going to say yes it's all true, the ending is up there for all to see. Is he.

I always wanted the scene from the book where they are in the raft / on the river and the rex is sleeping and then starts coming towards them in the water. Could have been epic.

Yeah, I loved Timmy and Lex's dialog there. Lex: "Don't worry, he can't swim". Timmy: "OF COURSE he can swim!"

The script hasn't been leaked, spoilers have. From what I am hearing, the spoilers are likely legit.

Toa TAK

Banned
because they do not fit in Jurassic park movie universe. make a new movie out of it that is not related to jp.

How so? Because of the whole frog DNA thing? Didn't they already have some kind of feather thing going on in JP3?

And all the new details about the characters sound great. I really hope this movie is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom