• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD a 'sci-fi terror adventure 22yrs after JP' News/Rumors/Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchum

lS4xSK2.png

I see Tim and Lex there....
Also could be random new people (which I think I'd actually prefer)

I see Tim and Lex there....
Also could be random new people (which I think I'd actually prefer)

New people.. Josh Brolin was one of the original contenders for Pratts role, and apparently the characters name is Owen.

Lousiana? Something tells me that the Spinosaurus will be back.

That was one of my thoughts before, but upon some digging they are actually filming there for the soundstages. Apparently Louisiana has good tax laws for filming, and thus has great filmmaking facilities.

JdFoX187

Banned
Why would you want them to, though? Nature got rid of them, the only animals I'm ok with being cloned are those we drove to extinction.

While it was certainly "natural," I don't think a meteor strike really fits into the whole natural selection scheme of things. Cloning dinosaurs would be absolutely amazing. But alas.

bengraven

Crom,

I have loved the Jurassic Park franchise for over 20 years. I have read the book 12 times and own so much merchandise it's embarrassing.

Please do not make this movie suck. And if it does? To HELL with you. I'll just make one myself.

Crom,

I have loved the Jurassic Park franchise for over 20 years. I have read the book 12 times and own so much merchandise it's embarrassing.

Please do not make this movie suck. And if it does? To HELL with you. I'll just make one myself.

Damn straight, I've read them both once a year every year since I watched the first movie at the cinemas in 93'. Had to replace my copies a couple of times due to them being worn out.

I've played each and every JP game, both good and bad and even replay Trespasser now and again just to soak up the lore and explore the setting, the John Hammond before the park voice overs were amazing.

Even if this turns out to be a pile of crap I am just happy I at least got another Jurassic Park film expanding the universe a little bit more.

Snaku

Banned
Why would you want them to, though? Nature got rid of them, the only animals I'm ok with being cloned are those we drove to extinction.

You act as if they were intentionally destroyed. Random circumstances arose that they could not survive. There's no reason why a species driven to extinction by homo sapiens is more deserving of a second chance than a species driven to extinction by asteroid impact.

You act as if they were intentionally destroyed. Random circumstances arose that they could not survive. There's no reason why a species driven to extinction by homo sapiens is more deserving of a second chance than a species driven to extinction by asteroid impact.

What if the existence of a species might have prevented our own?

Also, no species that went extinct because of natural causes was "intentionally destroyed", why would I act as i they were? Nature did get rid of them, I suppose it was just luck for us.

While it was certainly "natural," I don't think a meteor strike really fits into the whole natural selection scheme of things. Cloning dinosaurs would be absolutely amazing. But alas.

Nature didn't get rid of them, god did.
giant space rock does not count in the theory of evolution

You're taking my words out of proportion.

BodySystem Lars

Neo Member
At least its not that possible sequel that was leaked a few years ago that had trained dinosaurs with weapons attached to them.. guess it got canceled.

I remember Robert Ashley talking about it on GFW joking that the tag line would be "Weapons of Mass Prehistruction"

Crom,

Most excellent Conan reference. Can you spin the response to this classic line into something Jurrassic Park related? "Bengraven, what is best in life?"

obin_gam

Do we know what the plot is?

Cause the whole running and screaming thing got kind of tiresome after the first film.

With the name being Jurassic World I'm guessing the idea to make a park om domestic soil has become reality. Maybe they are out to fetch the dinos from Nublar to wherever the park is and then screaming and the running and the oy in glayvin!

DonMigs85

With the name being Jurassic World I'm guessing the idea to make a park om domestic soil has become reality. Maybe they are out to fetch the dinos from Nublar to wherever the park is and then screaming and the running and the oy in glayvin!

Was Nublar razed in the movie continuity? They might have to pluck dinos from Sorna again.

Mistel

Banned
I think I remember someone in the filmmaking crew alluding to it taking place on Nublar. Anyway, Team Nublar representing! Sorna is a boring place.
In the deleted scene's for the lost world, the boardroom scene when they are going through the costs after the Isla Nublar saying it was dismantled. But as it's deleted and the place wasn't napalmed I don't see why not, an abandoned Nublar would be great.

While there is still debate on whether the majority of dinosaurs had feathers, there is no debate that the raptor family had them, along with other larger carnivores (at least some sort of down-type material).

So I hope the dinosaurs in this one are brightly-coloured feathered creatures, at least some of them.

Mistel

Banned
Alot of the sets were shot on location in Hawaii. Some sets including the Visitor Center in the original film was built somewhere in Hawaii and shot there. Alot of the other stuff consisted of studio lots, obviously.

The gate and the electric fences were also built in Hawaii. I wonder if they stick Nedry's jeep in the film as an easter egg? I thought after the film it was used at a universal park somewhere.

I mean in the book and the film it was left where it was.

Off hand, I believe they had the Visitor Center location and Brachiosaurus scene location reserved last year. I know there were more, but those were all I could verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom