• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC Canada to release the Big Boss, their take on the Big Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Incidently, this trip also allowed me to try out the McDonalds sweet potato fries! They got a little soggy on the trip home, but were still decent.

You are doing God's work.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I just had one of these Big Boss burgers for lunch. Not bad, but like mentioned earlier, it would have been better without the pickles.

HoodWinked

Sadly, the Big Boss is only available at Canadian locations.

281akc8.gif

Finally picked it up!

I might have to try another one just to make sure, but I didn't think it was that great. It felt like I was eating a bread and lettuce sandwich. I could barely taste any chicken, and I'm not even sure the "patties" they used had any real meat in it; it looked really thin.

While I didn't mind the pickles too much, overall, it wasn't as good as I thought it could be.

Like I said, I'm probably going to try another one some other time, preferably from a different location, just to make sure.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The chicken in mine was reasonably sized, sounds like you got a bad one. As for pickles, I'm generally not a big fan of them, and they really didn't seem to go well with chicken breasts.

mf.luder

I had one yesterday and the chicken was tiny, it totally was a lettuce and bread sandwich.

The sauce was delicious and so were the onions. Guess I'll resort back to my spicy Big Crunch now topped with onions. Fuckin eh.

B-Dex

Just had one.

My chicken was huge. I almost couldn't fit it in my mouth. It did taste a bit bland though. Overall decent.

Grimsen

I had one of those today. It was pretty good. Next time I'd get without pickles.

Next time I hit McDonalds, I'll ask for a chicken sandwich with bigmac sauce, see how it fares.

jokkir

I finally got to try it today:
pDdsz7S.jpg

VOQUWsS.jpg

It was okay. Overall, a bit bland, maybe better without pickles and the sauce was, I'm pretty sure, was just thousand island dressing.

I think I'd take the Big Mac over this if I had to choose. I think I was overhyped by this thread :lol

I finally got to try it today:
pDdsz7S.jpg

VOQUWsS.jpg

It was okay. Overall, a bit bland, maybe better without pickles and the sauce was, I'm pretty sure, was just thousand island dressing.

I think I'd take the Big Mac over this if I had to choose. I think I was overhyped by this thread :lol

I wish this came out in the US. It sounds like it's worth a try. KFC did take off my favorite item: popcorn chicken, so I'm not happy with them right now.

zeemumu

You guys are just eating it wrong.

You have to sit on the edge of a cliff and rub it all over your face while yelling "I'M NUCLEEEEEEAAAAARRRRRR!"

I dislike the chicken they use in the zinger and the big boss. The Big Crunch is the only one with a good cut of meat in the sandwhich.

That's why big crunch with spicy mayo still remains the best sammich after removing the spicy big crunch for some weird reason. But yeah the big boss is OK at best.

shira

Yeah, it really tastes like chicken - like something I would cook.

The pickles and sauce are not a great match though - it needed some tangy zest or spice I feel.
I would actually not mind if I brought some good mayo along.

i honestly thing it would be better if we got the chicken patties from KFC, and then threw them into a Big Mac. Discard the beef patties or do whatever the fuck you want with them. MCD's mac sauce is too godlike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom