• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Clinton514

See You Next Wednesday said:
Yeah the quality of the site went to hell real quick.
bah...site's always touch and go especially with people pretending that they work in the industry because they know a little tech lingo.

If it isn't someone complaining about Killzone's controls it's another person thinking they could write a script for a triple A game.

Kaze13

Listened to IGN podcast beyond today and the section with Arthur G. was just annoying as shit. Not gonna list those annoyances but the less they use this guy in any segment, the better off they are.

Massa

A.R.K said:
So when are we getting custom games? I am sick of getting in to games where players are using rockets/C4s in tiny rooms and spamming with them near the objectives. And I am tired of walking miles to get to the objectives and dying as soon as I get there with rockets/C4s. What a shitty design descision GG. I will admit there is a good MP under all this crappy layer of bad design. They just need to take that shit off.

Come on give us the savior patch already GG!!

Rockets? Come on, I barely see them in multiplayer. And their blast radius is really small, reload is slow. I'd say it's totally balanced, reminds me more of BC2 than the mess that they were in KZ2.

Proximity mines are easily avoidable since they're pretty visible. They're a defensive weapon; if you're attacking, equip grenades instead. They'll harm the defenses and disarms mines at the same time, and the defending team is usually concentrated in a small area. Also, don't always equip Armor like most people. Extra ammo is far more useful, as you get an extra slot for grenades/mines.

Kaze13

Massa said:
Rockets? Come on, I barely see them in multiplayer. And their blast radius is really small, reload is slow. I'd say it's totally balanced, reminds me more of BC2 than the mess that they were in KZ2.

Proximity mines are easily avoidable since they're pretty visible. They're a defensive weapon; if you're attacking, equipe grenades instead (they'll harm the defenses and disarms mines at the same time). Also, don't always equip Armor like most people. Extra ammo is far more useful, as you get an extra slot for grenades/mines.

grenades are nice but if you equip the battle pistol and throw a grenade, it's a nice insurance against c4. Shooting them is sometimes annoying since they don't blow even if you get a direct shot.

CatPee

Kaze13 said:
grenades are nice but if you equip the battle pistol and throw a grenade, it's a nice insurance against c4. Shooting them is sometimes annoying since they don't blow even if you get a direct shot.

I think that was a good balancing decision to not make it explode if it hits, but to bounce so it functions more like a room clearing/damaging grenade instead. Having an insta-explosion on contact with the power to kill whoever it hits AND possibly take out any others nearby would be nightmarish.

Mooreberg

Going to get back into this after being out of state for three weeks. Did the recent patches fix the map rotation issues in Warzone?

Massa said:

Proximity mines are easily avoidable since they're pretty visible. They're a defensive weapon; if you're attacking, equip grenades instead. They'll harm the defenses and disarms mines at the same time, and the defending team is usually concentrated in a small area. Also, don't always equip Armor like most people. Extra ammo is far more useful, as you get an extra slot for grenades/mines.

Yeah Rockets are not giving me the same problem in this game, compared to KZ2. If things were up to me though, ther'd be no rocket/grenade launcher at all though.

denomes

Igor Antunov said:
I've got kz2 on ps3 and crysis on xbox360/pc.

Haven't played kz3 but judging from this thread it ain't all that.

Kz2 is a laggy, control delayed mess of mud.

Nice lighting though.

Console crysis looks much crisper and nicer than kz2. Haven't played ps3 crysis.

What a no pointer post.

Nice lighting though.

God patch inbound (no ETA):

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Announcements-Events/Preliminary-patch-notes-Patch-1-07/td-p/936839

Hey all,

I know you want to be informed as much as possible. So I'm writing up the preliminary patch notes for Patch 1.07.

Please Note: this is subject to change and we don't know exactly when this will go live yet. I will inform you on that as soon as we can, but we are trying to roll this out in the first week of April.

Patch 1.07 Contents list:

Custom Games PHASE ONE for Clans and solo players - Explanation below

Gameplay

Bullet Damage and Faster Aim ribbon now unlock correctly
Separate turn speeds for ADS on Primary weapons in Multiplayer
Increased Accuracy ribbon effectiveness has been lowered
Bullet Damage ribbon effectiveness has been lowered
The 3rd person revive beam now shows correctly
Bilgarsk Boulevard - preventing players getting stuck at spawn location
Akmir Snowdrift – fixed a problem where the speaker object can fall beneath a piece of geometry
Fixed a crash when joining a Guerrilla Warfare Clan match
Blood Gracht – Fix for a hang when the Recon ability was used

Functionality

Fixed a crash while joining a Warzone game
Player gets directed to multiplayer lobby when being kicked from game due to inactivity
Adjustments to reduce the server load

Exploit

MAWLR Graveyard –Improved collision around one of the Capture and Hold locations
Kaznan Jungle – Added a blocker around a tree to prevent player to use tree to jump out of the level
Bilgarsk Boulevard - Removed invisible collision of S&D objectives in Guerrilla Warfare
Bilgarsk Boulevard - Prevent players from accessing an advantageous position (above the ISA Base) and climb out of the level

Single Player Campaign

Scrapyard Shortcut - Mobile Factory – Fixed a hang to a red Debug screen upon the user reaching the Jetpack Troopers

Menu

Added a “Mute all” button
Updated icons and text on the Medals statistics
Fixed clipped text for moderator messages
The Faster Reload ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
The Increased Accuracy ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
The Bullet Damage ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
Fixes a hang when accepting a squad invite on the final results screen of an online game
Fixed the Pause functionality in Botzone on the Class selection screen
"Squad menu" is changed to "manage players” in the menu

Move/Sharpshooter

Button configuration improvements - Swapped L1/L2 grenade and aim
Melee is now on the circle button
Multiplayer - Aim Lock will now time out after one second
Camera turn upped while using jetpack. Lowered for mounted weapons

Explanation of Custom Games

Custom Games will be rolled out in 2 patches. This one (1.07) and a future patch. We don't know when this will be yet.

PHASE ONE

Phase One of Custom Games gives players the option to create unranked games with the choice of:

Game Mode
Map
Missions (Warzone only)
Mission Time (Warzone only)
Invite Squad members
Invite Enemy Squad Leader

This gives players the ability to create private matches, and playing with and against friends or a rival clan for instance. People who don’t get an invite to these games won’t be able to join through matchmaking.

PHASE TWO

We still need to spec this out, so this is subject to change, but we are looking to add the options of choosing:

More configuration options for missions in Warzone and Operations
Adjustable kill count for Guerrilla Warfare
Configurable Unlocks (choose which one you want to play with)
Configurable Classes (choose which one you want to play with)
Configurable Weapons, Abilities, Skills, Ribbons
Friendly Fire On/Off
Brutal Melee On/Off

That's it for now!

Thanks,

Lev

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mute all
Swap L1 L2 for Move players
Melee on button
(semi) Custom games
:D

Private only custom games
No custom soundtrack still
:/

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
reKon said:
I love the different names people come up for these patches. I actually haven't even started playing the MP of this yet. Looks like it will be fixed when by the time I can actually play this.

Nah, Media Molecule has the best ones.

"Cupcake" has been a great update for LBP2!

Its a start I guess. I'm knarked that the custom games will be private only.

Best thing there for me is Melee being mapped to a button. Thank fuck for that.

JB1981

This is like Socom Confrontation. Does anyone play this game anymore? They won't give you the ability to set different turn speeds for singleplayer?

Trevelyan

Banned
JB1981 said:
This is like Socom Confrontation. Does anyone play this game anymore? They won't give you the ability to set different turn speeds for singleplayer?
I'm still playing on a daily basis and having a blast with it. I just wish I had people to play with, haha.

=(

X-Frame

Separate turn-speeds for ADS and hip-fire is HUGE.

The ADS sensitivity right now is way too high for my tastes, I need to turn that down immediately which will allow me to turn the hip-fire sensitivity back up.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
It felt odd at first, but I've gotten used to using the L2 button for ADS (on the Navigation controller).

Guess I'll have to adapt back again - unless it's only included as an option, in which case I'm sticking. Either way, it's fine.

Having melee mapped to the circle button is a game changer though. The number of times I've missed sure-fire target only to lose all orientation has probably cost me a fair few kills. Initiating a melee is a risky proposition for Move users right now; it really is all or nothing. I'm glad it'll soon be a viable option.

patsu

Most satisfying is to hear your teammates cheered a loud "Yay !" (GGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLL !!!) collectively when you finally delivered a speaker. We were one behind for so long. That evened the score. The rush pushed us to land one more and won the Warzone session. ^_^

CozMick

Banned
Call me blind or stupid but I don't see a map rotation fix for the Retro map pack in those patch notes.

"Guerilla Games, What The Fuck are you playing at? It should have been a day fucking one patch!"

Grinchy

Banned
I hope companies other than Valve will be able to work a deal with Sony so that they can just put their own patches up. Maybe GG is getting hammered by the cert process.

I'm not trying to defend them, I don't even own the game yet. I just really hope to read that a patch came out that fixed most of the complaints before I buy it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wait. They are patching Jetpack controls in MP and not in SP? Or were they patched already in SP?

Besides, they were fine in MP so I don't get it. Edit: re-reading that they probably refer to the SP. Not sure.

Hope the gesture melee stays in and the Circle thing is just an option.

lunlunqq

CozMick said:
Call me blind or stupid but I don't see a map rotation fix for the Retro map pack in those patch notes.

"Guerilla Games, What The Fuck are you playing at? It should have been a day fucking one patch!"

yup, this has been a pretty big problem and I'd image it's not very difficult to fix. Somehow, they are still ignoring this...

Facism

DenogginizerOS said:
I am still holding out hope we can get a core group together to form a clan fir MP.

Core group has been and gone. If we had custom games and an actual decent clan system day 1 people would still be playing, i reckon.

Doesn't help the clan options and matchmaking = a fucking joke. I don't think Lince is even bothering with administrating the GAF clan anymore, and the community thread is dead. Big shame.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Guerilla if you're reading this. Please let me bind melee to Triangle when using the Dual Shock 3. That button isn't used (to anything the directional buttons isn't already used for) and I don't want to press R3 for something as essential as the melee kill.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Mikey Jr.

CozMick said:

I really don't know.

How does such a big fucking flaw get through testing?

How has it been over a Fucking MONTH and still not addressed in a patch, never mind fixed.

Yeah, but lets waste time on custom games.
Custom games are great, but PRIORITIES first GG.

Heh. I may be no good at this game, but brutal meleeing the assassination target, while cloaked, with 10 seconds left still felt great.

I honestly do not understand in any capacity how people can say this game is bad or not fun or whatever. The multiplayer is some of the funnest shit you can play in 2011.

sun-drop

i've jusrtv finished the 1st snow level and then saved that dude from the base as you do at the start .... wow i was kinda not feeling this game before but those two levels are some of the best FPS action i've had in a while.

loving it .. hope it keeps it up or gets better as i go.

PS so so far there's been two parts where i can use the jet pac .. fun as .... but is that it? from what ive read there's only two.

Grinchy

Banned
I just bought a copy for $37 in Like New condition from Amazon Warehouse. I can't wait!

I'm trying to ignore all the negative posts until the day when you see me come here and start bitching about all that stuff too. At least the retro map pack was free from "buying a razor blade."

I'm gonna pick up the sharpshooter, too. I've seen mixed impressions for it, but I am very efficient about re-selling so I don't care if I don't like it. I just really hope that the fix for the sensitivity while using the jetpack is fixed. It was the first thing I noticed when I tried the demo. No excuse for that problem to still exist.

Massa

X-Frame said:
Map rotation glitch needs to be fixed before I spend $5 on maps I will be stuck playing 90% of the time.

Oh wait, are they both universal between GW and Warzone? Or is there 1 of each like the retro pack?

There's one map for Warzone and one for GW. Normally I don't like that they bother with GW-only maps but the one here looks pretty fun and fit for GW.

patsu

RedRedSuit said:
Heh. I may be no good at this game, but brutal meleeing the assassination target, while cloaked, with 10 seconds left still felt great.

I hate bumping into a sentry bot nose-to-nose, and then eat a rocket while chasing an assassination target. Happened quite a few times while sprinting as an Infiltrator too. ^_^

I am also "afraid" of protecting dumb assassination targets. Sometimes, they hop into an Exo thinking that it's safer up there. Other times they hide right in front of a large window.

One got rocketed twice. Fortunately they happened more than 10 seconds apart. I could revive him in time to win the round. But dude, stay out of sight man. There is nothing to see outside the window.

10dollas

Banned
Have the developers even officially recognized the Map rotation as a problem? Maybe it's working as intended, because I recently downloaded the retropack about a week ago and its definitely been overblown out of proportion. It seems like there is a 50 50 chance of getting put into a SM only playlist and retail maps only playlist respectively. It seems like an ok situation to me. A person can drop into and play the new maps whenever they want and when they have had their lunch meat fix, they can just quit and search again. Chances are you'll be dropped into a normal playlist. For all the complaints about dividing the community day one, it seems like this system was designed to minimize this issue. And it works under the assumption that the avg person has an ounce of a clue to drop out the playlist and search for a new game instead of enduring the Salami market endurance test straight into eternity with a misguided hope that: maybe, just maybe, one day a Frozen Dam might surprise them, if they hold out.

But that's just my own experiences. I could just be lucky and It might not hold true for everyone. Either way, the entire situation isn't completely ideal anyhow.

Top Bottom