• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny launches new show KF Games Daily w/ Andrea Rene and Danny O'Dwyer

Noctis3

Do you have ears? He is not obnoxious all the time, but when he tries to be funny, you can tell he really tries, and it ends up being obnoxious instead. Then again, humor is different for everyone. So, I am sure some people think he is hilarious.
I believe I do, thank you. By your post you said "very obnoxious" not "obnoxious some of the time". That's the first thing. Second, that's strictly opinion based and none of the people like you that always say that can give an example.

mattmanp

Great show! Is this show replacing the KF Gamescast as well?

In case no one answered this (I didn't see one), no this does not replace Gamescast. Gamescast will be same 4 topic breakdown but to be more relevant timing it will all release as one video instead of day by day.

The old format made some topics obsolete by the time they aired and this will resolve that. Will be nice to have balance of daily and long form shows to choose from.

mattmanp

I love the new content. By separating games daily from morning show they serve both serious game talk and shenannigans separately but equally. Morning show also delves deeper in to movie and comic book news since they don't cover game news.

Tim has gotten much better at discussing games and I really enjoyed his first GD show. Also was fun to watch their first Party Mode episode with the group Star Trek Bridge Crew play.

Colin is doing something he loves and is passionate about and the guys are evolving their content in fun new ways. I'm happy for all of them with how things are settling.

Mash83

I havent had time to listen yet but I was very impressed with both Tim and Andy during the E3 coverage this year. They both had great points and arguments and did a great job IMO.

Andrea does a good job of hosting for What's Good Games and Danny is awesome.

Im always going to miss PSILY and the old Beyond but Im glad they are adding new shows.

_Isaac

I havent had time to listen yet but I was very impressed with both Tim and Andy during the E3 coverage this year. They both had great points and arguments and did a great job IMO.
Did you see when Andy awkwardly asked the Crash people about the sex dungeon they were staying at? I just thought that was funny.

paulogy

Why Can't I Buy a Nintendo Switch? - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.22.17 [Greg + Tim]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpUF4f1KQbY

Tim and Greg delve into the Switch shortage and your questions!

Show Contents:
4:12 Switch Stock Issues
19:04 Valve's Knuckles Controller
25:24 What Will Make VR Mainstream?
29:40 The Official List Of Upcoming Software Across Each And Every Platform As Listed By The Kinda Funny Games Daily Show Hosts Each And Every Day
32:30 Deals Of The Day
37:17 Thoughts on Little Nightmares
40:28 E3 Demos For The Masses
45:59 Microsoft Adopting Gamer First Mentality
49:43 How Well Will The Crash Remaster Sell?
54:42 Squad Up
56:18 Kinda Funny You're Wrong (Corrections)

Listening to Wednesday's show. The whole thing of "what are you playing?" "I played What Remains Of Edith Finch last night, listen to another podcast on Friday to hear my thoughts" was a bit weird. Not into that at all.

Weebos

Banned
I am enjoying the show, I think my only complaint is that episodes are a bit too long for a daily show. I can already see myself falling behind,

~40 minutes would be the sweet spot. I hope they get closer to that as the show becomes more routine.

Love it otherwise, everything I enjoyed about PS I Love You but expanded to other platforms.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I have watched Games Daily this entire week. I like Greg and Andrea combination as it's the best since Greg and Colin simply because they're more opposite than similar and that will make the show better. Tim is okay but he's too much focused on Nintendo (and Crash) where as Andrea is more focused on gaming overall which is better for the show.

Love the setup and formula to the show as it's like PS I Love You but for gaming in general as opposed to only PlayStation. Hope they keep it up as this is the first time I have watched their shows and been into their shows since Colin was there. When he left, I lost all interest in Gamescast because it was simply boring and not entertaining.

Now, it's close to being back to what it was but longer which is even better. My only complaint is not having time stamps and youtube user does it. Some segments I have no interest in (like PSVR) and would like to skip them but seeing as how this complaint is minor and my only one, I'll keep watching.

All I need now is ACG getting back to having an international podcast every week and I'll get back my trifecta with KFGD, EZA and Karak. :)

paulogy

Thanks Paul for the updates. This show has been awesome to listen to daily at work. They have been updating the iTunes feed pretty fast and I hope they keep it that way.

You're welcome!

Listening to Wednesday's show. The whole thing of "what are you playing?" "I played What Remains Of Edith Finch last night, listen to another podcast on Friday to hear my thoughts" was a bit weird. Not into that at all.

I believe in a GOGS they mentioned how the "What are you playing?" segment is more for the Gamescast than KFGD, and in this case Andrea wouldn't necessarily be on the Gamescast. All that aside I'm fine with the shoutout regardless.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I really like the new format, they have taken the basic structure of PSILY (which was great) and made it shorter, daily, multi-platform and with a variety of co-hosts. Really looking forward to this weeks gamescast, sounds like a great lineup.

KF seems to be going stronger than ever, removing all of that negativity has done them the world of good. Just 6 months ago I was their biggest critic.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Got really excited, and then I realized Greg Miller would still be involved. Sadly my dislike for Miller outweighs my love of the others.

That said, hope it does well for them!

Hate to agree as I never really paid much attention to IGN during his tenure(or even KF really), but have caught him in various guest segments on podcasts and videos I do watch and found him exceptionally off-putting. Constantly mugging for the camera and saying very little of substance unless it was directed at himself.

I will grant him that his confidence does make him a good fit for his role as mostly a 'hype-man', but he also kind of represents what I really dislike about the direction of enthusiast media. Total personality/celebrity-focus and less on the substance. Danny is generally the complete opposite of Greg given his work at Gamespot(and beyond) in direct comparison, which could make for an interesting dynamic, but I really don't think I can take Greg. I'll give an episode a try though.

Got really excited, and then I realized Greg Miller would still be involved. Sadly my dislike for Miller outweighs my love of the others.

That said, hope it does well for them!
Yeah I thought it was going to be just the two of them from the misleading thread title.

I'm sure Miller is a nice guy in real life or whatever but something about his delivery annoys me. I tried one episode of this and he was doing the whole 'Roper report'/'time for sooome news' schtick I always hated it and I had to stop.

Mezoly

How does Titanfall 2 having a campaign hurt the game sales in any way? if anything the lack of content in the first Titanfall lead the game to have somewhat poor reception and hurt the sales of the second Titanfall.

For me, if Titanfall 2 didn't have a campaign I would've not bought it. And No Greg a multiplayer only Titnafall 2 by EA won't be less than $60 and if it was the revenue would be much less.

Otherwise, pretty good episode.

paulogy

RIP Destiny - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.23.17 [Greg + Andrea]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7OgqwwwYrU

Andrea and Greg delve into the death of Destiny and the rise of Destiny 2.

2:45 What Greg And Andrea Are Playing This Weekend
14:04 Player Unknown's Battlegrounds on PS4?
20:16 Destiny Is Winding Down
25:40 Will Greg Play Destiny 2?
28:58 Titanfall 2 New Content
32:13 The Official List Of Upcoming Software Across Each And Every Platform As Listed By The Kinda Funny Games Daily Show Hosts Each And Every Day
33:26 Deals Of The Day
34:52 Will The Voice Actor Strike Accomplish Anything?
38:33 Do MMO's Have A Future?
47:18 Can A Game Bounce Back From Failure?
50:26 How Are Show Topic Questions Chosen?
50:50 What's Good With What's Good Games
52:25 Squad Up
53:30 This Trophy Can Go Fuck Itself
55:18 Kinda Funny You're Wrong

paulogy

Kinda Funny Games Daily - Week 2

The SNES Mini Is Real - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.26.17 [Greg + Andrea]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA03_t1aRdI

PlayStation Trophies Are Getting Worse - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.27.17 [Greg + Tim]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkMAme5Pqmg

Batman, Superman, or Care Bears: What Should Telltale Do Next? - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.28.17 [Greg + Andrea]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CnIiZco0Q

Where's My Wolverine Video Game? - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.29.17 [Greg + Tim]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXdaAw6zmIQ

No Single Player Mass Effect Andromeda DLC - Kinda Funny Games Daily 06.30.17 [Tim + Andrea]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nph5y-oLIas

No KF Games Daily next week (RTX etc.), but will return the week after (with Danny!)

paulogy

Kinda Funny Games Daily - 7/10 to 7/14 (Greg + Danny all week)

WWE 2K18 on Nintendo Switch Terrifies Me - Kinda Funny Games Daily 07.10.17 [Greg + Danny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTUBXYeOm0

Will Persona 4 Ever Come to PS4? - Kinda Funny Games Daily 07.11.17 [Greg + Danny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4gkhFPCXU

Tapping into the Power of Overwatch - Kinda Funny Games Daily 07.12.17 [Greg + Danny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqCZ4nkAavE

Happy Birthday, Metal Gear! - Kinda Funny Games Daily 07.13.17 [Greg + Danny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-n2k_Im4oQ

Why Are We So Mean to Game Developers? - Kinda Funny Games Daily 07.14.17 [Greg + Danny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzwnORHEBhA

Next week: Greg + Tim then Andrea then Danny then Andrea then Danny

I really want to like the show since Andrea and Danny are great. Unfortunately, Greg still says "You know what I mean" every 10-15 sentences which is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm envious of people who can ignore it as I can't no matter how much I try.

D i Z

Yo Greg and crew. I love the new additions and the new energy. Danny and Andrea have always been great, Tim is shining, and now we get all of this in one place? KFGD is some of the best content you've done. Praise where praise is due.

Yo Greg and crew. I love the new additions and the new energy. Danny and Andrea have always been great, Tim is shining, and now we get all of this in one place? KFGD is some of the best content you've done. Praise where praise is due.

Yeah, they do a great job. Problem I have is that there's way too much content...every day during the week for an hour each time. I just end up not watching any of it because of that. I feel that even something like Monday, Wednesday, Friday would be a big improvement. Just focus on the bigger news.

paulogy

So I haven't been keeping this thread up-to-date, but I HAVE been enjoying the Kinda Funny Games Daily content every week.

Have you?

So I haven't been keeping this thread up-to-date, but I HAVE been enjoying the Kinda Funny Games Daily content every week.

Have you?

I have enjoyed it when I've watched once in a while. They do a great job. But I still feel they do the show too often. I think Mon, Wed, Fri would be ideal. Once with Danny, once Andrea, and once with Tim.

Yeah, they do a great job. Problem I have is that there's way too much content...every day during the week for an hour each time. I just end up not watching any of it because of that. I feel that even something like Monday, Wednesday, Friday would be a big improvement. Just focus on the bigger news.

You could just watch a couple episodes, or pick the ones that seem the most interesting to you. I throw the newest episode on when I'm eating dinner sometimes.

You could just watch a couple episodes, or pick the ones that seem the most interesting to you. I throw the newest episode on when I'm eating dinner sometimes.

Yeah but the problem is knowing which episodes/topics will interest me. The headline isn't enough. Doing one per day spreads the news too thin and fills the shows with a bit too much filler IMO.

These videos need official time stamps. Relying on fans is poor form and feels lazy
Agree completely. Literally how long would it really take them to do this? I remember reading somewhere that they responded to this complaint saying they're all really busy and just don't have time for it (or something to that effect) but to me that seems a little like bs.

Maximo

No more Danny?
giphy.gif

It's sad to see him leave, but it's awesome to see him move to my state. He was actually here last week, visiting Annapolis, which is literally the next town over from me.

Some Nobody

Damn. No more Irish Cream.

As for this show being done too often, I don't understand the complaint. I crack it open daily, watch the Roeper Report while I fix lunch or breakfast, and by the time we're 30-40m into the episode they're finished and I usually stop watching. It's a good distraction while I cook.

decisions

Cause he's the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be when it comes to videogame journalism.

A lot like Bret Hart. Misunderstood.

His work is the best video game journalism has seen. Would've loved to see where CLS was going. I loved the first episode of his new podcast (audio essay about videogames), hopefully it's the mark of a slow return to gaming media. Some kind of return at least. He won't stop doing CLS for a while but I could see him and Greg doing a podcast together in the next 2-3 years.

Top Bottom