• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

latest info from the last scan of Zelda:PH translated

Jiggy

Concept sounds fine to me. Majora's Mask was far and away my favorite of the 3D Zeldas with its interesting spin on gameplay, the pretty high difficulty, and the vast number of tasks to undertake. And as for more traditionalist matters, there's no such thing as too many captured princesses to go save via a quest in a medieval fantasy motif. In fact, considering my reaction to Puzzle Quest, I'd say that captured princesses just might instantly make me take a look at racing sims, sci-fi FPSes, and various other genres I usually hate--but that's another story.

As since the beginning, it's only the stylus control for Phantom Hourglass that worries me. Nothing more, nothing less. At least everywhere other than Japan will have six months of time to gather impressions before buying or renting...

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
tanasten said:
OMFG. Not again, WTF Nintendo... can't you imagine a different concept than captured princesses? I have tons of write ups with ****ing great stories just taking Wind Waker's end as a begining.

Tanasten brushed back Link's hair gently and looked deeply into his eyes. The journey had been a long one. But, accomplished in five minute intervals, Tanasten was able to reach his beloved on a bus ride to pick up some Doritos. But the scene of Cooler Ranch was the last thing on Tanasten's mind at this moment. Link was back in his arms, and nothing would ever tear them apart.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the hourglass thing mechanic sounds a lot like P3 fatigue system.

I think it's a cool gameplay feature and Im all for new ideas and shit, worked wonderfully for MM imo. bring on PH!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I've gone from being luke-warm on this game to sitting on the hype-train. If the time-limit mechanic works as a timer that counts down, and as it reaches zero your health start to drop, I'm all over it. Because then it's the time-limit your fighting, if you lose the game gives you a small, final chance to extend the time a little bit by draining your health instead of making you lose outright. I don't know how well the precise nature of a time-attack game will go over with the all-touch controls since they don't feel as sharp as buttons to me. I'm sure they know what they are doing though.

I really like how they are trying alot of different things with this one, maybe the next console Zelda will be better suited than TP (which I dislike).

Top Bottom