• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

III-V

I really want to pick this one up, but I think it needs to get backlogged until DA:I and Alien Isolation, and the DLC for DS2 have been played through

Loaded up the game. Everything maxed out and running at 1440p downsampled to 1o80p. Beat the first boss. Game looks amazing and ran nice and smooth on my GTX970/3570K. I gather the game crashed start to occur later in the game?

I made it past the 4th boss and I never crashed, so who knows? Maybe just a problem with certain configurations.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
How do I know if the latest patch downloaded on Steam?

Also, I'm surprised at how few graphical options there are. There appears to be no setting for AA.

HowZatOZ

Banned
dude when there is multiple people saying theres severe crashes, and multiple sites saying they got severe crashes, maybe its the game, just saying
Oh I'm not discrediting his issues, and any other issues people are facing. Was just trying to offer some hopefully helpful advice but its clear they had already done all that.

This game does indeed have issues, no one can deny that. A fair chunk of them can and hopefully will be fixed through patching, but I do agree reviews should have at the very least noted any bugs/issues they experienced.

In saying that, a reviewer may have had no issues at all while playing, so they wouldn't have been able to comment or notify readers that such things are occurring.

How do I know if the latest patch downloaded on Steam?

Also, I'm surprised at how few graphical options there are. There appears to be no setting for AA.

You may be able to force it in card settings?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I made it past the 4th boss and I never crashed, so who knows? Maybe just a problem with certain configurations.

all my crashes were very early on. 2 while fighting the very first boss (in the tutorial area), then one with a new character in the second room, then one back with the first character after the boss.

I have since given up for now :)

Tilian

Banned
So far, feels and looks great.

But the forced camera wobble is giving me a headache. I see no option in the .ini file to remove the wobble. I suppose I'm shit out of luck for a fix with something like this?

Horp

To me, the game feels like a classic early last gen AA-game but with current gen AAA graphics. I kind of miss those old AA ARPGs that used to fill the voids between the big RPG titles, so Im ok with it. But the game sure is no masterpiece.

In saying that, a reviewer may have had no issues at all while playing, so they wouldn't have been able to comment or notify readers that such things are occurring.

That's like me. Have aroun 20 hours on Xbox One version and only ever had one hard lock. That's it. No audio issues, etc. So hmmmmm

drotahorror

But the forced camera wobble is giving me a headache. I see no option in the .ini file to remove the wobble. I suppose I'm shit out of luck for a fix with something like this?

Doesn't really bother me but I wish these games had an option to toggle auto rotation on the camera. If I want to look around while moving I shouldn't have to fight the camera at the same time. Many o' games have this problem though.

I do have a question though. In the options there is a autolock on toggle for the enemies. I tried turning it on and well... It doesn't seem to autolock onto anything as far as I can tell. Anyone else notice this?

Tilian

Banned
Doesn't really bother me but I wish these games had an option to toggle auto rotation on the camera. If I want to look around while moving I shouldn't have to fight the camera at the same time. Many o' games have this problem though.

The slight camera auto-adjust is OK by me (though the option yes is nice), but it's this wobble (I suppose I should have said head bob) that makes me a bit dizzy. It's a bit too strong for me atm.

Maffis

wow the gauntlet really opens up for some cool magic attacks later on. too bad it's so damn slow too use and requires alot of faith to use properly. the poison attack is great for shield dudes.

also, the shield bash when running is OP. it literally knocks back every foe so far and it damages. you can cheese through all tougher enemies this way. kinda broken how it can be spammed like that.

also got my first crash. luckily right after saving :/ still tho

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Maffis, console or PC?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Ok. The PS4 patch fixes the tearing right up. I just happened to pop out of the game (since you can do that now with the PS4 update) to check trophy and saw that a patch had been downloaded. Got back in and there is a noticeable drop in tearing.

After the first boss. I dig it. Combat is definitely heavy (at least for the Cleric) and Harkyn moves like I expect him to if he is wielding these incredible weapons. I am waiting for the community to get into the game so some of the ingame mechanics can be explained (can we assume poise is exactly as it is in Dark Souls).

Also, these guys are trolls with the XP system. I absolutely bypassed the first checkpoint; "Just one more kill".

Zafir

Lotf yeah, Sunset no :p

Oh right didn't realise you were talking about that. I've sunset on pre-order, but I'm not to fussed about the wait since I've got Samurai Warriors 4, TotF, Bayonetta 2 and Fantasy Life all to play at the moment.
Loaded up the game. Everything maxed out and running at 1440p downsampled to 1o80p. Beat the first boss. Game looks amazing and ran nice and smooth on my GTX970/3570K. I gather the game crashed start to occur later in the game?
Nah, the ones I got were just a bit before the second boss, and then during the second boss.

Maffis

To those who beat the 2nd boss, what level were you at? I'm still struggling immensely with this dude.

Not sure. I'm playing with a staff and found a pretty good one somewhere before the second boss.

if you have the prayer spell, make sure too use it and when the boss summons the adds, just go in and spam your attacks.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not sure. I'm playing with a staff and found a pretty good one somewhere before the second boss.

if you have the prayer spell, make sure too use it and when the boss summons the adds, just go in and spam your attacks.

That prayer spell made the first boss easy mode. I mean seriously, hit prayer, dodge his attacks that hit from behind, back up and wait for it to reset. Repeat.

Zomba13

Just had it crash on me (PC here, GTX780, i5 at 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM). Was running fine, mostly 55-60 FPS according to fraps. Just kinda shit itself when I got hit by a guy after a bit of playing. Found some cool stuff too so I hope the stuff in chests isn't random. I guess I should wait for a patch.

Zafir

That prayer spell made the first boss easy mode. I mean seriously, hit prayer, dodge his attacks that hit from behind, back up and wait for it to reset. Repeat.
It's weird how the cleric tree seems to start with it. Dunno about rogue.

I went the red/warrior tree, and you didn't start with any. Couldn't get it till after the first boss.But I'm wondering what does the red tree start with that's so good that it couldn't also be given a spell to start?

leazo

Banned
To those who beat the 2nd boss, what level were you at? I'm still struggling immensely with this dude.
I think i was lvl 14, took a few tries but went down after a while, that is unless the guy i fought was a mini-boss.

Currently trying to figure out an optimal strategy for the third boss i encountered, not sure how to approach him.

banjoted

Just played up to the first boss and getting what seems like a solid 60fps with no crashes thus far. Have updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and game patch. Also using the GeForce Experience recommended settings. Not been outside yet to see how that fares.

My rig - 3770k, 780.

I think i was lvl 14, took a few tries but went down after a while, that is unless the guy i fought was a mini-boss.

Currently trying to figure out an optimal strategy for the third boss i encountered, not sure how to approach him.

The one in the graveyard? If so what are you having issues with?

So far, feels and looks great.

What kind of wobble is it? Is it jerky like Tomb Raider, or more subtle like the "head bobbing" in certain FPS games?

I was literally on the verge of clicking buy on PSN, but decided to check here first to see if there were any weird technical niggles that aren't likely to be patched.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Heh, I know what staff you are using and it is extremely awesome with damage. Only thing to top it is some daggers I found just before second boss when I went exploring in the tower with the spider mini-boss.

Cleric must the only class the comes with its 1st spell unlocked. I played as many of the classes and none of them have the spell unlocked from the start. The only one I have tried is full cleric.

I can't even get the game to start on my rig, 4770k/780, anyone come across a similar issue? Had a quick browse of the thread but might have missed something... I just get a Lordsofthefallen.exe has stopped working on startup :( Already tried verifying game cache

Sothpaw

So armor isn't class restricted is it? If I choose warrior can I wear medium/light armor if I want fast roll?

PC. Playing on very high but with 4xAA only. getting around 30+ fps outdoors and solid 60 inside. hopefully i won't be crashing so often. heard some pretty bad stories about people losing a ton of exp because of this.

Nice. Was hearing that I should wait for a patch but it is good to hear a fellow pc gamer getting solid results.

addyb

Had an hour on it. Picked the rogue with the deception magic. So far I think it's decent. Can't notice any real performance issues (ps4) and the combat is good but I came away thinking it's neither brilliant or terrible. Just......decent lol

Forgot I even had the prayer spell. Alright, trying it again tonight after work. I'll try a staff again, though my last attempt I did pretty well with a hammer.

Toreal

Sigh, keep getting random crashes on pc with every kinda settings, and I can never finish the second boss fight before it crashes.

Looking at the steam forums it seem a lot of people are having problems, will have to wait for a patch I guess

drotahorror

Man, the shielded dudes after the second boss were really giving me a hard time. I'm dual wielding and whatnot and I would try to use "stab" on them but it would either miss or the enemy would run through.

Finally thought about trying to riposte and now I'm destroying them. Like, I see no way to fight these guys at all w/o riposte. I tried using the prayer but they would circle strafe around it and not let me behind them or they wouldn't attack it and just go for me. I also tried kicking him to break his guard which sort of worked but he would get his guard back so quick and it put me in a spot to be 1 shotted with some sort of move he does.

I dunno, these guys have killed me more than most DkS and DkS2 bosses.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'll post my specs in hopes it sheds some light on those worrying about performance:

i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 770 4GB GPU
Win 8.1

I get a solid 60 FPS both indoors and outdoors on everything max. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers, the "Gameready" ones.

REALLY enjoying it so far. Played about 4 hours on PC with no crashes.

Seems like AMD 14.9 drivers are required?

I've played about an hour and a half through beating the first boss and haven't had any crashes either. I have a 290X with the 14.9 (non-beta) drivers.

I always wanna say knock on wood or cross my fingers when I talk about not having an issue yet.

The fourth boss is absolutely kicking my ass, i have a feeling i'm in the wrong area and this might actually be the fifth boss or something. I'm confused about where i'm meant to be.

Loving the game though, it scratches the dark souls itch for sure.

Top Bottom