• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

I'm obviously overlooking something simple. Where do I go after the 4th boss (
3 legged spider lady
).

Obviously it says go to Monastery Cathedral, but I don't particularly recall that name. Is it where you fight
First Warden
?

This is as far as I am right now, I believe
it's back in the earth relm or whatever back where that stuck up knight with his hurt buddy were and locked you out
but I really don't remember much about the story right now, lol.

Sanctuary

I'm obviously overlooking something simple. Where do I go after the 4th boss (
3 legged spider lady
).

Obviously it says go to Monastery Cathedral, but I don't particularly recall that name. Is it where you fight
First Warden
?

Citadel I think, which is connected to the starting area, but I think you actually have to enter it through that side door that had the grate and rune marking next to it that is right up the stairwell after the 2nd boss (and somewhat near the purple crystal portal thing). You should have seen the captain and a wounded guard at that spot too, or you will upon first reaching it. Or if the game glitched like it did for me on my second playthrough, just the wounded guard while the captain is invisible.

Sothpaw

huge souls fan, here.

is this at least competent? like, worth full price.

It is for sure a competent Souls type game. That said, it is much easier than the Souls games and much shorter. If you are going in expecting the game to last you as long as the three Souls games (it is even shorter than Demon's) then you won't want to pay full price. I paid $50 on PC and I was perfectly fine with that because I got 17 hours of a solid Souls clone.

So I'm in what I assume to be the Catacombs (big round door in the cemetery). Is my only goal there to travel through it to get to the monastary? Also, the sidequest
with the two guys locked in cells
, what's the best way to solve it?

What is this compass that everyone is talking about. Must have missed that.

You get it from an early sidequest, the one where you have to find 3 runes. When equipped, you hear loud whispers anytime you're near something secret, like hidden treasures or breakable walls.

Sanctuary

How's the loot? Nice variety of weapons?

Yes and no. A lot of the STR weapons (axes, swords and polearms) look really nice, but you will end up sticking with one two-handed axe (or a similar, faster but weaker two-handed sword) for around half of the game and then switch to either a really great one-handed sword later (which you will find an upgrade to not long after) or mess around with the polearms. The two one-handed swords are like the middle-ground between the Longsword and Claymore from Dark Souls.

AGI weapons seem to just be short swords, daggers and claws (which seem to operate similarly) and staves; moderate damaging multi-hitting weapons with the most reach of all AGI weapons.

FTH just seems to come up extremely short in regards to weapons. One of which that you can get relatively early crashes the game if you use its unique R2 attack, on PC at least. There are some decent FTH weapons, but they are spread way out compared to the other weapon types.

Ricker

I am also stuck after the 4th Boss trying to find Antanas and fucking Kaslo...it says to go through the Catacombs to reach the Monastery Citadel...been through the Catacombs twice now and actually went through all the area's in the game at least once lol...guessing its a small passageway I am not seeing in the Catacombs...

As for the 2 Monks I saw in the Catacombs,I killed the one that asks you to do that but the other one a little further away does nothing,I opened the cell door but he just stands there,no talk options...so I am stomped now,level 51...

Citadel I think, which is connected to the starting area, but I think you actually have to enter it through that side door that had the grate and rune marking next to it that is right up the stairwell after the 2nd boss (and somewhat near the purple crystal portal thing). You should have seen the captain and a wounded guard at that spot too, or you will upon first reaching it. Or if the game glitched like it did for me on my second playthrough, just the wounded guard while the captain is invisible.

I know what you are talking about,its not there...

I am also stuck after the 4th Boss trying to find Antanas and fucking Kaslo...it says to go through the Catacombs to reach the Monastery Citadel...been through the Catacombs twice now and actually went through all the area's in the game at least once lol...guessing its a small passageway I am not seeing in the Catacombs...

I'm in there as well. I'm at a save right now, but I know for a FACT that I found a door at one point that had the "Leave" option, and it wasn't the way I came in. But I wanted to do some more exploring. Now to see if I can find it again! XD

Sanctuary

Yeah sorry about that. I actually did things a bit out of order with my first playthrough, so I forgot about the exact order to reach the Citadel, but that door I was talking about is a door that leads to it (just not at this point).

You have to kill the
Guardian
in the Catacombs Arena and then speak to the Knight that says "hey over here", standing next to the now opened doorway. That leads you to the underground section of the Monastery Citadel.

I am also stuck after the 4th Boss trying to find Antanas and fucking Kaslo...it says to go through the Catacombs to reach the Monastery Citadel...been through the Catacombs twice now and actually went through all the area's in the game at least once lol...guessing its a small passageway I am not seeing in the Catacombs....

Read above. You can't miss the people you're looking for once you actually enter the Citadel. I just reached this point myself for the second time (in order this time).

You have to kill the
Guardian
in the Catacombs Arena and then speak to the Knight that says "hey over here", standing next to the now opened doorway. That leads you to the underground section of the Monastery Citadel.

Is the catacombs arena the place you can see from the prison ring section?

Also, what am I supposed to do about the
two guys locked in their cells? Am I supposed to just pick one of them to release
?

Sothpaw

Just killed the last boss. Strength builds make this game really easy. Fun time though; I don't need every game to be Dark Souls hard. Glad I purchased.

linkent

Just killed the last boss. Strength builds make this game really easy. Fun time though; I don't need every game to be Dark Souls hard. Glad I purchased.
How long is the game?
What is the estimated time to fully complete the game?(platinum trophy for eg)

ZangBa

Oh my fucking God, I cannot believe the way to open one of the doors in the Chamber of Lies is this simple. There's a lever on the opposite side of the place in a corner apparently no one has noticed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How long is the game?
What is the estimated time to fully complete the game?(platinum trophy for eg)

It's pretty short. Took me 8 hours to beat and that was with 2 hours of aimless running in circles trying to find one stupid door I walked by a thousand times.

Sanctuary

Is the catacombs arena the place you can see from the prison ring section?

Also, what am I supposed to do about the
two guys locked in their cells? Am I supposed to just pick one of them to release
?

Yes to the first question, and there are
two large levers you need to use to open the huge portculis below. One is in the cell area and the other is below in the next room after the save crystal that's right around where you would release the two prisoners (there's another lever that opens the gate where a Rhogar is standing that has stairs down to the crystal below.

To the second question, I have no idea. I've released a different one per playthrough and it doesn't really seem like there's even a reward. Unless you're supposed to release one during one playthrough and the other in NG+./

Oh my fucking God, I cannot believe the way to open one of the doors in the Chamber of Lies is this simple. There's a lever on the opposite side of the place in a corner apparently no one has noticed.
?

ZangBa

The door next to the path that leads to the area where the woman looks at the text on the wall. I could never figure out how to open it until now despite searching everywhere online. It lead to a chest that has a staff head, a part of the weapon hilt quest I assume. There's still that one door I can't figure out how to open that has a chest inside which I assume has a third part of this weapon.

Sanctuary

The door next to the path that leads to the area where the woman looks at the text on the wall. I could never figure out how to open it until now despite searching everywhere online. It lead to a chest that has a staff head, a part of the weapon hilt quest I assume. There's still that one door I can't figure out how to open that has a chest inside which I assume has a third part of this weapon.

Are you talking about in the Northern Edge section of the game, or the actual path that leads to the Chamber of Lies, where she says something about you going first? Because I only remember two areas where she's looking at the text. The one room with the spinning tablets that has the circular, portaled/gated door and then the one room that always spawns a caster that also ends up being the main shortcut room for the last areas.

Also, do you remember what you were supposed to get from the reward portal (I forgot what the purple/red portals that activate after boss kills are called) that's near the Keystone portal in the Graveyard? It has poison tiles all over the ground and a light you're supposed to follow. The only thing I found was two Rogue and a chest containing a...poison resistance shard.

ZangBa

Are you talking about in the Northern Edge section of the game, or the actual path that leads to the Chamber of Lies, where she says something about you going first? Because I only remember two areas where she's looking at the text. The one room with the spinning tablets that has the circular, portaled/gated door and then the one room that always spawns a caster that also ends up being the main shortcut room for the last areas.

It's the one with the caster. If you go out the way that leads to that giant gap, the door I'm talking about is to the left. I still can't figure out how to open up the 2nd door in that area that's above the spider room with the 2 holes.

Sanctuary

It's the one with the caster. If you go out the way that leads to that giant gap, the door I'm talking about is to the left. I still can't figure out how to open up the 2nd door in that area that's above the spider room with the 2 holes.

Yeah okay, that's the Northern Edge. One of those random speedy guys jumps at you I think, and if you wear the Compass ring, it makes the humming sound in that hallway. I kept looking for a way to open that too.

ZangBa

Yeah okay, that's the Northern Edge. One of those random speedy guys jumps at you I think, and if you wear the Compass ring, it makes the humming sound in that hallway. I kept looking for a way to open that too.

I just figured out how to open the 2nd door. You need to equip the staff head and stand next to it, then it will open.

With that out of the way, I think I have done everything and found every secret. One of the hints says there is a reward for not using checkpoints, I think I'll do that next.

Sanctuary

I just figured out how to open the 2nd door. You need to equip the staff head and stand next to it, then it will open.

With that out of the way, I think I have done everything and found every secret. One of the hints says there is a reward for not using checkpoints, I think I'll do that next.

Hmm, that sounds like either a no level up run or it's just the loading screen talking about the XP multiplier. Is the ring you get for 30 skulls worth a damn? I'm on my second playthrough and I'm still missing two.

ZangBa

Hmm, that sounds like either a no level up run or it's just the loading screen talking about the XP multiplier. Is the ring you get for 30 skulls worth a damn? I'm on my second playthrough and I'm still missing two.

I thought about it, but based on how the hint was worded I don't think so. I think you can still level up just not "use" the checkpoint. Not being able to level up at all would be kinda tough.

The ring leeches health and mana, but I don't know how useful it is, I've only ever used the compass at all times.

Semper88

Fellow LotF GAFers,

I got a question about the side quests, are they always in the fecinity of npc you get it from or is it possible that its in a different area further down the road?

I got a question about the side quests, are they always in the fecinity of npc you get it from or is it possible that its in a different area further down the road?

It varies. Both types exist. If you're supposed to find something, it's usually close by. If you have to clear the way or meet someone someplace, then you're going to travel a bit.

Semper88

It varies. Both types exist. If you're supposed to find something, it's usually close by. If you have to clear the way or meet someone someplace, then you're going to travel a bit.

Thx! Got my first quest bug, i cant deliver the 3 signs of anta as soon as i compleet im stuck and i cant move or do anything
The fuck..

creyas

Beat the game last night, started loving it. Starting a new playthrough right away, i guess the
NG+ extra class
doesn't count for the trophies (?), so fresh start it is

Got crashes near the end (
flame dogs, handled by baiting them with the prayer and going away, but even with that crashed once for some reason
) and on the new game i crashed if i went to the inventory screen and back on the first boss, strange. Was stable before this.

e: Crashed when leaving the menu yet again.. maybe a pc reboot will help. e2: Nope, crashing all the time on first boss, Prayer seems to be causing it. The fuck.. e3: Apparently vsync had started causing it.. disabled and hasn't crashed since.

Zomba13

Yeah, strength, two handed sword/axe + Rage = dead bosses in seconds. Enjoyable game though.

Luck runes on a weapon with already good amp % or what ever that skill is called can really wreck, I added about +50 damage to an already beastly 2h axe with two runes when everything else is average around 80 dmg at my part of the game.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Since turning off Nvidia Turbulence I've managed to play a few sessions without the game crashing. So far so good but who knows how long this will last.

I also beat the second boss. Trying to beat him without blocking was tough and he killed me. I decided to use my shield and beat him to death using Rage. Easy peasy.

yatesl

Are there benefits to the side quests? I didn't find that woman's daggers, didn't find 3 signs, no idea where a bridge and demon are, and now I have to find a lab and wine cellar.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are there benefits to the side quests? I didn't find that woman's daggers, didn't find 3 signs, no idea where a bridge and demon are, and now I have to find a lab and wine cellar.

yes. for example the lab one he makes your potions better

Its the Qamar staff worth pumping more FTH points?

I did and found it pretty great - and it's been pretty much carrying me through the game for the past 2+ bosses. But that probably has more to do with the fact that so few faith weapons drop, so there's nothing to upgrade to....

Sanctuary

I did and found it pretty great - and it's been pretty much carrying me through the game for the past 2+ bosses. But that probably has more to do with the fact that so few faith weapons drop, so there's nothing to upgrade to....

AGI actually suffers the same thing. You get lots and lots of daggers, claws and short swords, but for the most part they all kind of blend together in a "samey" way. I've been constantly going back to the Scab staff (two sockets and natural scaling) that I got relatively early in the game just because every new "upgrade" is just overall weaker in comparison, even if the weapon is faster and has a higher listed damage. I think I have one pair of daggers that own that staff pretty bad, but only when using the Mimic spell.

The range on the dagger/fist weapons are what just kills them, and it's also too hard to reliably get a good dual-wield combo going without taking a lot of damage in the process. Near the end of the game you end up fighting enemies that have skyrocketed defense and your daggers may as well be spitballs.

I'm kinda stuck.

Problem 1: I'm in an area with a lot of heavy shield guys. I'm a rogue. None of my attacks can hit them. The way enemies track your position, there's absolutely no way to get behind them. Which is BS. They're always pointing at you. So the only way I can damage them is with my gauntlet or other magic. Really, really dumb.

Problem 2: I have 15 faith, 1 spell point, but I can't get the "Shift" spell. It won't let me. Why is that?

Also, when do you learn about crafting? Because I'm level 23 now and still have no idea how that works.

Ricker

I'm kinda stuck.

Problem 1: I'm in an area with a lot of heavy shield guys. I'm a rogue. None of my attacks can hit them. The way enemies track your position, there's absolutely no way to get behind them. Which is BS. They're always pointing at you. So the only way I can damage them is with my gauntlet or other magic. Really, really dumb.

Problem 2: I have 15 faith, 1 spell point, but I can't get the "Shift" spell. It won't let me. Why is that?

Also, when do you learn about crafting? Because I'm level 23 now and still have no idea how that works.

Crafting is soon,just follow the main quest,which is probably find Kaslo for you,you cant miss it....as for Shift I think you need 1 poin in the 3 others ...I tried Shift twice now and it doesnt do what it says...Stab is much better.

AGI actually suffers the same thing. You get lots and lots of daggers, claws and short swords, but for the most part they all kind of blend together in a "samey" way.

At least you get a choice. Being invested in Faith, it gets depressing how few weapon drops you get. Not to mention I haven't found a single Faith shield. My only guess is that the dev thinks that with Faith you get a stronger gauntlet - which may be true, my flaming projectile wrecks armored guys - but still, it's fun getting loot.

Ricker

At least you get a choice. Being invested in Faith, it gets depressing how few weapon drops you get. Not to mention I haven't found a single Faith shield. My only guess is that the dev thinks that with Faith you get a stronger gauntlet - which may be true, my flaming projectile wrecks armored guys - but still, it's fun getting loot.

Yep,gauntlet is a savior for me with a Rogue lol...I killed all the Bosses so far(5 of them) by using projectile 80% of the fight...(except the first obviously ;))...also using Staffs instead of Daggers,I 'm a weird Rogue ,maybe thats why I struggled midway,now with 23 in Faith,projectile does crazy damage and I have a great staff...

Sanctuary

I kind of spoke too soon (well not really, but...). Most of my weapons were just not cutting it at all this playthrough and in the last 40 minutes of the game, I ended up with three ridiculous weapons. One of which is the special Unity staff that you have to forge. At 28 AGI, it does 150 damage, but 128 of it is lightning based. It utterly destroys the heavily armored end game enemies that were laughing at all of my other weapons.

Then the Skull Scrapper daggers dropped, as well as a fist weapon called Itch that has a physical/fire split, a socket, 8% scaling and 350% crit damage. Although I have no idea what crit damage is in this game. Riposte/Backstab?

I agree with you on the FTH shield though. I never found one and had to simply use the 8 STR tower shield or kite shield. Still sucked though, and as far as I can tell, FTH just doesn't do anything other than raise your mana pool. It doesn't seem like it raises the damage of spells, or the gauntlet, which is just nonsense. I'll have to test later though with something like 50 FTH.

Nevermind, figured it out.

If you ended up with the preorder items, you should have a lionheart (or something) tower shield that only requires 8 STR. It's cheesy as hell, but I would use that to shield ram the large shielded knights because bucklers don't do it. Later on two different kite shields that can do the same thing drop, but that's around the midway point I think, and those enemies are fucking obnoxious well before then.

BumRush

Every time I fight
worshipper
he uses the summon attack on me like 10+ times and I have a hard time getting close to him again. What am I doing wrong?

Sanctuary

Every time I fight
worshipper
he uses the summon attack on me like 10+ times and I have a hard time getting close to him again. What am I doing wrong?

You need to just keep moving. Stay off of the bluish purple spots on the ground and attack him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any questions about the game? Beaten it thrice now.

Top Bottom