• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

5paceman

Neo Member
Restarted with warrior class. So much easier and more fun than rogue. There seems to be a lot more weapons as well for this class.

xclk07

Here's a question: do the class trophies pop on NG+ and NG++ when selecting a different spell branch or do you have to play the game 3 different NG times each time selecting rogue, cleric, or warrior during character creation to get those trophies?

yatesl

I know I shouldn't, but I really wish there was a proper wiki for this game. I've just beaten
The Beast
and, before going to do what I need to, I've decided to have another run round - considering side quests are apparently important.

I went back down to the cellars (?), which are much easier now, and opened a door to get the fist weapons "Needles". I pulled a lever next to it, and I have no idea what it did. I can't see any new openings, and there's still a locked wooden door at the top of the stairs.

I also wish it tracked side quests... Although a couple of days ago I was complaining that it's "Easy mode Dark Souls". It has to make up it's mind, though - Go Dark Souls, or not!

I also wish weapons just had "DPS" on them, instead of "This staff has 70 attack power and 2 gem sockets, some stat scaling, but these daggers are weaker but require more dex?"

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how to make the game not crash when I use my 1H Heavy attack using the legendary Worshiper drop?

Man, this game.. so much crashing.

Maffis

Anyone know how to make the game not crash when I use my 1H Heavy attack using the legendary Worshiper drop?

Man, this game.. so much crashing.

that's a well-known crash and sadly it doesn't seem to have a fix yet. im hoping a patch tomorrow fixes that problem.

Maffis

How long is the game?
What is the estimated time to fully complete the game?(platinum trophy for eg)

if you rush it, you can finish it pretty quickly. but there is alot to explore and if you play it a bit safe, it can take 15-20+ hours. im at 8.5 hours and i just killed the 4th boss.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, have you switch up play styles yet (strength build, agility, etc.)? Which was most fun?
I play a strength based build with constant weapon and ring switching (three weapons and rings that I switch depending on situation).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You think youll play again with a faith or agility build?
Hell yes, the staves are INSANE in this game. Come next week, I'll be demolishing this game with that (agility-based).

Yoshichan

Rank this, demon, dark and dark 2...
- Demon's Souls is my favorite game of last gen and ranks my third best game of all time
- DkS is a overall a good spiritual successor. The early 50% of the game is just as good as Demon's Souls (perfect, in other words) but unfortunately drops massively in game quality after reaching 50%>
- DkS2 is a great and different game that is solid throughout the entire game
- Lords of the Fallen follows what DkS2 does. There is not a single part where I feel "Oh no, not this shit again" - the content is equally as good from beginning to end. The game does however fail with a few things, priorly:

- The amount of bugs in the game is next to unacceptable and had it not been a great game, I would've dropped this a long time ago. The bugs I can think of currently are:

1. The game crashed 3 times during my 30 hours of gameplay
2. I've had my character die for no reason whatsoever, he just dropped dead
3: Twice, I had no chance of getting my souls back. As I died, the souls were completely vanished
4: Throughout the entire game, I had plenty of audio bugs where the sound of getting an epic (or better item), or when killing a boss would be delayed by 10 minutes. Also every dialog from a cutscene would end up quiet. I've had to restart the game in order to 'solve' this issue but it would show up again a few hours later.
5: I had plenty of optional chests disappearing in front of my face just as I was opening them. This only happened in the challenge stages.

- The bosses are quite bad and not recognizable at all. This is a common thing in DkS2 as well. I mean their design is pretty good (everyone looks like Sauron from LotR though) but the strategy in beating them is usually identical.

Overall, the experience was great and I'll probably play this for another 100-200 hours. I especially like the fact that it's good from start to finish and there's never a point where I say "this place sucks and drops the quality of the game".

For those who don't want to read my post, here's my scoring (out of 10) for the game(s):

Demon's Souls 9
Dark Souls PS3: 6, PC: 7
Dark Souls 2 PS3: 4, PC: 8
Lords of the Fallen PS4: 6, PC: We'll see! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

BumRush

- Demon's Souls is my favorite game of last gen and ranks my third best game of all time
- DkS is a good spiritual successor that unfortunately lacks quality after reaching 50%>
- DkS2 is a great and different game that is solid throughout the entire game
- Lords of the Fallen follows what DkS2 does. There is not a single part where I feel "Oh no, not this shit again" - the content is equally as good from beginning to end. The game does however fail and lack with a few things, priorly:

- The amount of bugs in the game is next to unacceptable and had it not been a great game, I would've dropped this a long time ago. The bugs I can think of currently are:

1. The game crashed 3 times during my 30 hours of gameplay
2. I've had my character die for no reason whatsoever, he just dropped dead
3: Twice, I had no chance of getting my souls back. As I died, the souls were completely vanished
4: Throughout the entire game, I had plenty of audio bugs where the sound of getting an epic (or better item), or when killing a boss would be delayed by 10 minutes. Also every dialog from a cutscene would end up quiet. I've had to restart the game in order to 'solve' this issue but it would show up again a few hours later.
5: I had plenty of optional chests disappearing in front of my face just as I was opening them. This only happened in the challenge stages.

- The bosses are quite bad and not recognizable at all. This is a common thing in DkS2 as well. I mean their design is pretty good (everyone looks like Sauron from LotR though) but the strategy in beating them is usually identical.

Overall, the experience was great and I'll probably play this for another 100-200 hours. I especially like the fact that it's good from start to finish and there's never a point where I say "this place sucks and drops the quality of the game".

For those who don't want to read my post, here's my scoring (out of 10) for the game(s):

Demon's Souls 9
Dark Souls PS3: 6, PC: 7
Dark Souls 2 PS3: 4, PC: 8
Lords of the Fallen PS4: 6, PC: We'll see! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yoshi, I like you (feel the same way about the rankings). Great to hear your thoughts. I haven't had that sound bug, but almost every time I kill a standard enemy it growls 5-10 seconds later...

Yoshichan

Yoshi, I like you (feel the same way about the rankings). Great to hear your thoughts. I haven't had that sound bug, but almost every time I kill a standard enemy it growls 5-10 seconds later...
Hey man it's my pleasure to share these. I'm just a bit bummed out that I wasn't first giving out massive raw gameplay info of this game. The original plan was to get the game earlier than everyone and answer these:
- i-frames on fat/medium/light roll
- i-frames on fat/medium/light jump
- framerate, tearing (PS4)
- multiplier cap (does it exceed 2.0?)
- hit cancel animations and frame delays per weapon type
- timing on parries (how strict it is, compared to Demon's, Dark 1 and Dark 2)
- delay required before being able to backstab
... but real life fucked me up and I had to wait until Friday to start playing so I was behind everyone and the information would be worthless by the time I posted them! Haha, oh well maybe for the next Souls-like game!

BumRush

Hey man it's my pleasure to share these. I'm just a bit bummed out that I wasn't first giving out massive raw gameplay info of this game. The original plan was to get the game earlier than everyone and answer these:

... but real life fucked me up and I had to wait until Friday to start playing so I was behind everyone and the information would be worthless by the time I posted them! Haha, oh well maybe for the next Souls-like game!

Wait you've beaten it 3 times since friday?

ZangBa

By the way guys, the staff you get from the Chamber of Lies with the weapon hilt and staff head is probably what the special weapon requirements refer to for the Annihilator. It does majority lightning damage and it would make sense since it's hidden pretty well.

I kind of spoke too soon (well not really, but...). Most of my weapons were just not cutting it at all this playthrough and in the last 40 minutes of the game, I ended up with three ridiculous weapons. One of which is the special Unity staff that you have to forge.

How do you forge weapons?

Yoshichan

Wow...want to share play into my game later and wreck some shit?
Haha, I've never actually used the share play function - it does sound tempting (how much lag is involved when using this function btw?). But yeah it's 8PM right now and I've gotta wake up early tomorrow but maybe tomorrow?

Where are you in-game at the moment?
maybe you should sent a message to the guys in Facebook! they answered me with my bug report too.

It is really a great game and i hope they patch the ps4/xone/pc version further.
I'd love to help fix the game since I really see potential in this, but I don't have Facebook :(

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I've never actually used the share play function - it does sound tempting (how much lag is involved when using this function btw?). But yeah it's 8PM right now and I've gotta wake up early tomorrow but maybe tomorrow?

I'd love to help fix the game since I really see potential in this, but I don't have Facebook :(

maybe we could collect a "bug report" and I send it to them in a Facebook message? Just an idea for everyone in this thread.
(including a link to it)
We all seem to like/love that game.

Yoshichan

Absolutely :) Feel free to use/link my 'bugs' post above, I'll gladly go through the details when I have time (probably tomorrow)!

BumRush

Graveyard boss is giving me shit. I'll work on him tonight though and let you know tomorrow. (Share play is relatively lag free by the way, assuming your Internet connection is good...you should try it)

Yoshichan

Graveyard boss is giving me shit. I'll work on him tonight though and let you know tomorrow. (Share play is relatively lag free by the way, assuming your Internet connection is good...you should try it)
I'm in EU - does that matter at all? If you play a US-version of the game and I own an EU-version of the game, can we still share-play each other?

Add me btw (make sure your comment says you're from GAF)!

YoshichanGAF

yatesl

Now it's stopped crashing all the time (well, only twice in the past couple of hours), I'm starting to get in to it more. I think I'm nearing the end, anyway - only a few hours left.

I've just
snook around a boss, and in the Chamber of Lies
. Here's my guy so far:

xubJtop.jpg

HPfjI9p.jpg

I still think the weapons are poorly labelled - although I guess that's something from Souls. I feel like weaker weapons are stronger than stronger weapons, Attack Power vs Damage, scaling not showing on the stats (from what I can see?) etc.

BumRush

I'm in EU - does that matter at all? If you play a US-version of the game and I own an EU-version of the game, can we still share-play each other?

Add me btw (make sure your comment says you're from GAF)!

YoshichanGAF

Good question...no idea. I'll add you tonight.

xclk07

... here's another question. In the very first room of the game, when you turn left to go to the downstairs area to get the first key to the first boss, my compass keeps going off right next to the sarcophagus in the first room. Does anyone know how to smash/open this?

Note- the compass is NOT reacting to the Shard of Heroes room- I've already obtained that and it appears the compass doesn't react to already known/obtained secrets.

GJS

Is the yetka's dagger side quest missable or am I just bugged? I only just went back and found the dagger after beating the 4th boss and Yetka won't talk to me other than saying "you again".

xclk07

You have to do Yetka's quests in the area(s) that she gives them to you. If you pass on and defeat a boss, they can no longer be completed, so they are missable.

GJS

You have to do Yetka's quests in the area(s) that she gives them to you. If you pass on and defeat a boss, they can no longer be completed, so they are missable.

Just opened the pathway and she completed the quest there, so not completely missable.

Yoshichan

Favorite place in the game? i like
catacombs

How long it took to finish x3

Catacombs
is my favorite as well! Mostly because I decided to go in there under-leveled and the thrill of exploring the entire thing with everything around you one-shotting you was amazing!

NG: 16h
NG+: 9h
NG++: 7h

I'm so helplessly lost. Current mission so to defeat/find Annihilator.
I was helping Yetka. I bypassed that boss in the courtyard, per her instructions, got her to that blueish, circular floating tablet room, unlocked the gateway, entered that huge room with all the sparks and floating rocks, worked my way to the left and pulled one level while overlooking Annhilator, and then the door immediately to my left zones me out into the main area. I feel like I've circled this entire zone 3 times now and I'm not sure where to go.

I can't figure out how to cross the big chasm in the floating rocks room. I see a few mobs over there, but not sure how to get there - if that's where I need to go.

Ferr986

I found a fire staff in the Catacombs. It does more damage than the other one I was using, but enemies seems to not react to my hits :/

creyas

I'm so helplessly lost. Current mission so to defeat/find Annihilator.
I was helping Yetka. I bypassed that boss in the courtyard, per her instructions, got her to that blueish, circular floating tablet room, unlocked the gateway, entered that huge room with all the sparks and floating rocks, worked my way to the left and pulled one level while overlooking Annhilator, and then the door immediately to my left zones me out into the main area. I feel like I've circled this entire zone 3 times now and I'm not sure where to go.

I can't figure out how to cross the big chasm in the floating rocks room. I see a few mobs over there, but not sure how to get there - if that's where I need to go.

Yeah, that's where you need to get to, I couldn't find a way either
so I just went around the outside, defeating the boss there. Didn't affect Yetka's quest.

I'm a huge souls game fan and I just bought this game on my xbox one (store). I hope it's good. German reviews were great overall. I'm expecting: Good atmosphere, good fighting system, good visuals, nice art design, exploration and good (connected) level design.

I'm a huge souls game fan and I just bought this game on my xbox one (store). I hope it's good. German reviews were pretty good overall. I'm expecting: Good atmosphere, good fighting system, good visuals, nice art design, exploration and good (connected) level design.

As long as you don't go in expecting something with the same level of polish that the Souls games had, you'll enjoy it. The game plays very similar to From's titles with a few neat gameplay mechanics added in.

Ricker

I have looked at strategies for The Beast and I have all it takes....why does my gauntlet do no damage all of a second,thats suppose to be the best way to kill him...also saw a video with a Warrior killing him almost in one shot using Mimic and a two hander....different story with a Rogue...time to retry later.

AwRy108

Anyone else have major issues with the PS4 version crashing when in the inventory? Even post-patch, when I switch from dual-blades to 2-handed sword, my game crashes in the inventory 95% of the time.

I have looked at strategies for The Beast and I have all it takes....why does my gauntlet do no damage all of a second,thats suppose to be the best way to kill him...also saw a video with a Warrior killing him almost in one shot using Mimic and a two hander....different story with a Rogue...time to retry later.

I beat him on my first try last night. You're locked onto one of his legs, right? Apparently some things (everything) can interfere with the hit detection. The best time to fire is after he does his two-hit swing, or when he's walking toward you. Just make sure you have a pretty clear shot. I also found it effective to run in and do a leaping heavy attack (but just one!) as he's finishing with one of his overhead clubbing attacks, then back off immediately. Once that orange bar under his HP is completely orange, he'll be dazed and you can run up and beat his face in for a little bit.

Top Bottom