• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

Sanctuary

You guys using the really slow STR weapons need to get over trying to one-hand them and learn to abuse running/jumping R2 attacks. In just about every case, the slower the weapon, the more burst it deals. Codex is about the fastest of the "slow" weapons that can still do good damage one-handed at a faster than snail speed that you'll see until 3/4ths through the game.

Anyone else can confirm this?

I've gone the Cleric way, hoping to play a character I don't usually play. I've gotten sh*tloads of STR-based weapons so I'm kinda afraid of what was quoted above.

I haven't bothered to count what I have found yet, but I did notice a disturbing lack of FTH based weapons or AGI weapons that were actually much different from one another. Someone else said that at the end of the game, their total was:

FTH: 9
AGI: 25
STR: 35

Also, most of the FTH based weapons are slow as shit. Like, almost as slow as the slower two-handed STR weapons, but they are one-handed. You get like one weapon that's a pretty good speed and can combo, but the damage falls off around midway through the game. /boggle

derwalde

so does your exp-multiplier affect the quality of your loot from chets? ive read about this and experimented with it and i think this is true.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's the best rune you've gotten gaf?
Luck in general is a great rune-type! When combined in a weapon with (already) high attribute scaling, that weapon becomes a monster. A MONSTER, I TELL YOU!
Yoshi is a man of conviction. A man of the people.
:D Where did this come from, all of a sudden? :lol

5paceman

Neo Member
Some bugs I've encountered:

1) Damage does not register - mainly on bosses but occasionally on regular enemies too. Takes more time to kill enemies than it should.

2) Enemies disappearing and reappearing with full health. Most of the time they run back to where they came from then disappear. But sometimes they just go berserk and run off.

3) Enemies and bosses derp out - get stuck and just stand there. Sometimes you get free hits but for some reason you always get damaged afterwards.

4) Empty bottles. When you pick them up sometimes they do not get refilled at the check point even though there are more than enough crystals floating around.

Haven't had crashes on the PS4 but screen tearing and low fps gets kinda annoying. I would prefer less graphical effects and a more stabler framerate instead.

Sanctuary

So um, hey guys; I just discovered the most broken technique in the entire game. This isn't just hyperbole. It's fucking ridiculous.

You think parry/riposte or backstab do good damage? Do you agree that jumping two-handed R2 attacks with a STR based weapon does some crazy shit? Okay.

Wanna know how to do even more damage and for less energy AND at almost no risk?

I've been experimenting with a new STR build, and messing around using weapons I didn't use much before. I typically do the running shield bash (L1 while sprinting) to open up the tower shield guys, both large and small. It also seemed to be the only way for a STR based character to open them up until much later, and if you have 3/3 Ram.

I wanted to see if Codex was fast enough to sneak a hit in, or if I could jumping attack R2 > R1. That kind of worked, but it took all my energy and wasn't that reliable. So I tried the shield bash. Normally I mash L1 since if I don't , sometimes the bash doesn't happen. I was out in a more open area when trying this and there were a bunch of enemies around, so I just ran through them and mashed L1. Uh, they all exploded except the Knight, who ended up near death.

WTF? So I tried ramming another one directly and mash L1. Didn't get the same results. Hmmm, so I tried sprinting while circle strafing and mashing L1...DEAD. Next I tried it out on the
First Warden enemy that spawns in the Cemetery after you enter the Keystone for the first time
, it absolutely shredded it to bit, and it cost less than a jumping R2 attack. The damage done by each L1 press is based off of the damage of your main hand, and it seems to be around 40%. So just use the most powerful weapon you can regardless of speed and sprint away. Sucks in narrow hallways, but you can avoid fighting in the hallways for pretty much everything besides maybe a single knight.

I haven't tried this on bosses yet, but holy shit. It just demolishes every single normal enemy even more than what you could already do as a STR build. Can anyone say "Charging Star"?

Maffis

You guys using the really slow STR weapons need to get over trying to one-hand them and learn to abuse running/jumping R2 attacks. In just about every case, the slower the weapon, the more burst it deals. Codex is about the fastest of the "slow" weapons that can still do good damage one-handed at a faster than snail speed that you'll see until 3/4ths through the game.

I haven't bothered to count what I have found yet, but I did notice a disturbing lack of FTH based weapons or AGI weapons that were actually much different from one another. Someone else said that at the end of the game, their total was:

FTH: 9
AGI: 25
STR: 35

Also, most of the FTH based weapons are slow as shit. Like, almost as slow as the slower two-handed STR weapons, but they are one-handed. You get like one weapon that's a pretty good speed and can combo, but the damage falls off around midway through the game. /boggle

i think the point to that is that you always have your gauntlet and spells, while a pure strength build or agility might not have that. wouldn't really be fair that faith users gets tons of weapons aswell i guess. it isnt really that hard or time consuming to go both faith/strength or faith/agility.

Sanctuary

i think the point to that is that you always have your gauntlet and spells, while a pure strength build or agility might not have that. wouldn't really be fair that faith users gets tons of weapons aswell i guess. it isnt really that hard or time consuming to go both faith/strength or faith/agility.

That would make sense if the developers used logic when creating this game. FTH doesn't make spells or gauntlet damage increase. All you get are a few more casts of the gauntlet and maybe one more cast of a spell, since they share a global cooldown. The gauntlet casts slow as shit and the most damage you can get out of it is around 250 - 300 with a Fire Rune. Dot.

Also, the game is fucking broken anyway. I just killed two bosses by running circles around them and mashing L1 until they died. And I still had energy left afterwards.

I have no idea how to defeat the
commander
. I can't block any of his attacks.

All of his moves are super slow and telegraphed from a mile away. Just stay somewhat near and circle strafe. Any time he
raises his shield up high, he's about do pound the ground and drop those magic missiles. Just make sure you are out of range of his initial shockwave and then just do a running jump attack. He does that move a lot too.
Just dodge everything else if you can't find any openings.

Ferr986

God lord bosses are super annoying . They're easy as fuck but you waste like 15 mins fighting because with an AGI build you do shit damage.
This game is so biased towards STR is not even funny. They need to balance this.

kencey

God lord bosses are super annoying . They're easy as fuck but you waste like 15 mins fighting because with an AGI build you do shit damage.
This game is so biased towards STR is not even funny. They need to balance this.

Yea, this is something i didn't like about this game. The 3 classes are not so distinctive from one another, they all feel the same. I was expecting more damage from the Rogue too, my Warrior does a shit ton of damage.

Well, to be honest the souls games were no different. STR builds are always the "easiest" builds.

Sanctuary

Read my post about about the shield ramming bug. It's not limited to STR builds. I just tried it out on my Rogue using the Harmony buckler and it killed those large tower shield knights that usually you just bounce off of when trying to bash open their defense when not using at least a kite shield.

Also, I'm not sure how far into the game you are, but even doing it the non exploity way, bosses don't take that long to kill, even as an AGI character.

5paceman

Neo Member
Read my post about about the shield ramming bug. It's not limited to STR builds. I just tried it out on my Rogue using the Harmony buckler and it killed those large tower shield knights that usually you just bounce off of when trying to bash open their defense when not using at least a kite shield.

Also, I'm not sure how far into the game you are, but even doing it the non exploity way, bosses don't take that long to kill, even as an AGI character.

I haven't tried it myself yet but I can safely presume that this is a glitch not a feature? Also does it work with any shield and do the damages differ based on shield type (tower, kite, buckler)?

Sanctuary

I haven't tried it myself yet but I can safely presume that this is a glitch not a feature? Also does it work with any shield and do the damages differ based on shield type (tower, kite, buckler)?

The only thing that seems to matter is the damage of your main hand. It seems to do approximately 40% of your listed damage per bash. I initially noticed it with a kite shield, then tried a tower, then tried a buckler (although I didn't try the starting buckler) and they all worked. I presumed it wouldn't work with the buckler due to that shield type not being able to open up the larger knights, but this works.

I am playing on the PC though, so I wonder if this might be a PhysX glitch. I need someone with either of the console versions to test it. You need to make sure you aren't ramming them head on after the first bash. You need to continue sprinting and just run circles around them or even strafe in front of them left to right, just as long as you keep moving.

nicjac

I assume I am nearing the end of the game. I have been loving it, despite many frustrating crashes early on (playing on PC).

Am I the only one never using the gauntlet? Feels like a gimmick, something they added to differentiate from Souls games. I am probably missing out but I am happy with my deception magic.

Also the loading screens are really annoying. Not that it takes long at all, but the fact they make enemies respawn. This definitely makes me think twice before going through a door that says "Leave" to see where it goes, as it means I will have to deal with same enemies I just killed if I have to come back through. Kills the wish to explore :(

Jindrax

Completed game last night. Ending was a bit weird.
Just wondering what new game+ does exactly?
Do I lose all my gear/stats?

lionpants

So, I started using a 1H sword instead of the greatsword and the game is much more enjoyable.

I realize the devs wanted to give a very heavy feel to the 2H weapons and give them that heavy impact feeling, but they're just way too slow compared to the enemies. Maybe it's just me.

jonno394

Picked it up this morning, just beat the second "boss" the Commander. Took me a few attempts to learn all his moves and when best to attack, but it seems like great fun so far.

Sanctuary

Completed game last night. Ending was a bit weird.
Just wondering what new game+ does exactly?
Do I lose all my gear/stats?

You keep your gear and stats, although I believe all of the quest items vanish. New gear drops, but it's pretty rare and enemies have more health and deal more damage.

SLOSifl

You keep your gear and stats, although I believe all of the quest items vanish. New gear drops, but it's pretty rare and enemies have more health and deal more damage.
Also you get another chance to get the good boss weapons. I missed the Worshipper's infused weapon on my NG run, but had no problem getting it this time around.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
guys, I just want to remind you that I'll send an email to the studio that made the game this evening (european time) with the bugs we found.

so far I'll send them this:
1. The game crashed 3 times during my 30 hours of gameplay
2. I've had my character die for no reason whatsoever, he just dropped dead
3: Twice, I had no chance of getting my souls back. As I died, the souls were completely vanished
4: Throughout the entire game, I had plenty of audio bugs where the sound of getting an epic (or better item), or when killing a boss would be delayed by 10 minutes. Also every dialog from a cutscene would end up quiet. I've had to restart the game in order to 'solve' this issue but it would show up again a few hours later.
5: I had plenty of optional chests disappearing in front of my face just as I was opening them. This only happened in the challenge stages.

anyone got more bugs?

ZangBa

I noticed shield bash could be abused really badly, it's actually pretty hilarious. I was going to abuse it for my no checkpoint run, lol.

Sanctuary

I noticed shield bash could be abused really badly, it's actually pretty hilarious. I was going to abuse it for my no checkpoint run, lol.

It just can't be intentional and feels like some type of beta bug.

anyone got more bugs?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137123179&postcount=1805 (works with all shield types)

Also, on PC anyway the fire beasts that roll around (also the poison version) will crash the game ~90% of the time if you are facing them when they explode. If you turn your back on them as their death animation begins, it seems to prevent the crash.
The one-handed R2 attack of the Crashfinger (Clawfinger) will crash the game if you use it while an enemy is in an attack animation.

Maffis

I assume I am nearing the end of the game. I have been loving it, despite many frustrating crashes early on (playing on PC).

Am I the only one never using the gauntlet? Feels like a gimmick, something they added to differentiate from Souls games. I am probably missing out but I am happy with my deception magic.

Also the loading screens are really annoying. Not that it takes long at all, but the fact they make enemies respawn. This definitely makes me think twice before going through a door that says "Leave" to see where it goes, as it means I will have to deal with same enemies I just killed if I have to come back through. Kills the wish to explore :(

im going strength and faith, and the gauntlet projectile literally rips through enemies. makes the shield dudes a piece of cake. magic is a bit op in this game. at least the projectiles. the flamethrower IMO is just shit, but maybe im using it wrong.

Sanctuary

im going strength and faith, and the gauntlet projectile literally rips through enemies. makes the shield dudes a piece of cake. magic is a bit op in this game. at least the projectiles. the flamethrower IMO is just shit, but maybe im using it wrong.

What is your FTH at and are you playing on a console or the PC? Because when I was actually playing my FTH character (stopped at level 40), the gauntlet did no more damage raising FTH than what any of my other characters did. A Flawless Fire rune only did 250 damage max. I guess that's better than nothing on the shield guys, but they are practically the only enemy in the game that are (were) annoying to open up. And it's actually pretty silly to say that "magic" is OP when STR builds already led the pack by a few miles. With the shield bug, it doesn't even matter what stats you are going for as long as you pick one main stat to raise your weapon damage and stick with it.

AwRy108

guys, I just want to remind you that I'll send an email to the studio that made the game this evening (european time) with the bugs we found.

anyone got more bugs?

PS4 version, patched:

When I first started playing, the game would completely freeze--on a consistent basis--when I was in the inventory menu switching between weapons. Played for several hours and it seemed to stop happening; but, still, I don't trust it.

Sucks not trusting a game that already encourages you to avoid saving on a frequent basis.

I'm not entirely sure I can kill the last boss....

I tried about 7 times last night, and it's not so much that I'm dying to his moves, it's that I can't do enough damage to him to counter his regeneration. During the last attempt I went through like 6 cycles of his zombies before kind of just giving up. I try to poke in some solid hits between his 2-swing+slam combo, and I unleash as much as I can while he's summoning zombies, or right after he lands. I even projectile him as he's retreating away to jump up, but I'm just not doing enough to off-set his regen. Or if I am it's going to take forever.

My hits are barely breaking 100 damage, probably because I'm using some late-game 8-strength weapon, even though all of my points are in Faith. It's still one of my most powerful weapons though.... When I watch a video of people fighting him, they're doing like 200-300. =/

I'll probably just ditch NG+ and start over fresh. I like the game enough where I don't even really mind.

Ricker

Completly stomped again,not against a Boss or anything but on what to do or where...its about the Annihilator,I have to find a way to reach him...I pulled the switch in the area where you see
the huge chained demon
but everywhere I go its a dead end or doors say its blocked from the other side...spellcasters are annoying and some tyrant hearts arent always easy to find so those are more then annoying...

Trying to find a solution on YouTube,already got spoiled a bit about something with Yetka but I want to finish this today,enjoyed it a lot for the most part but really got my fill at this point.

SLOSifl

I'm not entirely sure I can kill the last boss....

My hits are barely breaking 100 damage, probably because I'm using some late-game 8-strength weapon, even though all of my points are in Faith. It's still one of my most powerful weapons though.... When I watch a video of people fighting him, they're doing like 200-300. =/

I'll probably just ditch NG+ and start over fresh. I like the game enough where I don't even really mind.
Put a Flawless Luck Rune in your best faith scaling weapon. Just toss the endgame gem in your head piece or chest or something.

Maffis

What is your FTH at and are you playing on a console or the PC? Because when I was actually playing my FTH character (stopped at level 40), the gauntlet did no more damage raising FTH than what any of my other characters did. A Flawless Fire rune only did 250 damage max. I guess that's better than nothing on the shield guys, but they are practically the only enemy in the game that are (were) annoying to open up. And it's actually pretty silly to say that "magic" is OP when STR builds already led the pack by a few miles. With the shield bug, it doesn't even matter what stats you are going for as long as you pick one main stat to raise your weapon damage and stick with it.

my faith is only at around 22 and my strength 24. i use projectile to deal 180 damage (takes like 50-70% of the health) and i have that mana regen gem that restores magic. i can shoot 3 projectiles before i have to regen. my stab spell at 3/3 does around 400 to the tower shield dudes. and then i have a nice hammer i can finish people off with that does poison aoe on the ground as well.

i was always under the impression that faith makes your magic stronger. but even if it doesn't, it gives me more shots to fire before having to go in with the sword. im playing on PC if that matters. so your projectile dealing 250 damage that goes through the shield seems really good to me. that should basically kill any mob in the game except a few end-game ones.

i know about the shield-bash glitch. but tbh, i dont want to glitch the game to win. doesn't sound very fun. i like to use all the tools i have even if going in with jump-attacks and backing away and repeating is easier.

Sifl

Hah! I wish. I've never found a slotted Faith weapon, and the ones I have have horrible, if any, scaling.
After the fight against
the element brothers
you should be able to access a realm nearby. Unless the loot is randomized, I recall getting good armor and a really good faith weapon with a slot in it for completing the arena, so you can try that if you haven't already.

This dumb ridiculous
graveyard
boss is a joke, right? There's no way to defeat him when he constantly spawns
stupid enemies
. You can't even block their attacks.

This dumb ridiculous
graveyard
stupid enemies

You should be able to block the enemy attacks. Also when he first summons them. You can destroy the things they pop out of. Didn't have too much trouble with the boss.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

anyone got more bugs?
I'll be sure to update you in this thread if I find more bugs when I continue today!

creyas

This dumb ridiculous
graveyard
stupid enemies

What weapon are you using/what is your class? I had problems with my cleric (second playthrough), went and got a better weapon (you can find a good staff at
the portal around the corner when you climb the stairs from the square of heroes
and a great 1h axe
somewhere along the wooden outer walkway route into which you can get from the tower with the spider before the second boss
) and it was ez.

You know the
stupid enemy spawn pods
are destroyable?
You have time to get one of them, and can then for example shoot down the other enemy with your gauntlet as it comes towards you, takes two hits.

SLOSifl

This dumb ridiculous
graveyard
stupid enemies
The minions are normal enemies you fight on the way to the graveyard. Break one cocoon quickly and fire your gauntlet at the other. Or let the boss kill them. And don't be greedy with your attacks. Also avoid the instakill attack at each phase change obviously.

And try new weapons. Favorite everything you have that looks decent and switch through them with the right d-pad until you find something that clicks for you.

I pretty much switched to light armor at this boss and never went back. Helped a lot as well.

anyone got more bugs?

On the PS4 version, I've gone to a checkpoint and it doesn't resupply all my potions. For example, I could carry 5 potions, but when I restocked it would only go to up to 3. When I check my inventory, it would say I was carrying 3/5 potions. I would repeatedly activate the checkpoint, but it would not fill up my stock. Usually wandering around for a few minutes and then coming back would resolve the issue, but it's happened a couple of times.

Apologies if it's a mechanic or curse or something that handicaps your potion quantity temporarily, but I haven't seen any tooltips or guidance that would indicate this.

Yoshichan

The Graveyard boss is fantastic in every way (except for the framerate, of course). On my STR-luck based, both his minions and the boss was cake - but on my LUCK-based character I had to really adapt. Abusing his whirlwind move to destroy his own minions and making sure to cram out as much damage as possible during his AoE-explosion-animation.

4 minutes to kill on STR
16 minutes to kill on LUCK

Truly a great boss overall.

SLOSifl

On the PS4 version, I've gone to a checkpoint and it doesn't resupply all my potions. For example, I could carry 5 potions, but when I restocked it would only go to up to 3. When I check my inventory, it would say I was carrying 3/5 potions. I would repeatedly activate the checkpoint, but it would not fill up my stock. Usually wandering around for a few minutes and then coming back would resolve the issue, but it's happened a couple of times.

Apologies if it's a mechanic or curse or something that handicaps your potion quantity temporarily, but I haven't seen any tooltips or guidance that would indicate this.
The little crystals around the checkpoint indicate how many potions it can refill. They regenerate over time. You are using too many potions too quickly or hitting the checkpoint too often, basically.

The little crystals around the checkpoint indicate how many potions it can refill. They regenerate over time. You are using too many potions too quickly or hitting the checkpoint too often, basically.

Ah, thanks for the clarification; totally missed the relevance of those crystals.

Yoshichan

The checkpoints remembers how many potions you had when activating it for the first time. Hence, why you feel that you're getting random amounts of potions from the "bonfire".

Edit: or not! Thanks for the clarification above~

lol51

anyone got more bugs?

1. PS4 In the Worshiper fight I used a Shelter spell and survived his one shot kill (he casts it at each quarter of his health). Only to lay on the floor in prone position forever until i closed out of game.
2. PS4 I crashed on Judge as I killed a zombie as he was eating it to regen life.

Is there any good youtube vids of the individual quests? I have beat the game 2 times now and still end up with quest items/keys. Also, I still couldn't get a handful of locked chests with the red energy on them. I swear ive explored every nook and cranny. Saw a couple vids but nothing up yet that covers every quest line/locked doors/chest....secrets in general.

Sifl

anyone got more bugs?
On the PS4 I can't break most of the breakable walls. I have to swing at the wall, go into my inventory, change weapons and exit which let's me phase through the wall for whatever reason.

lol51

The Graveyard boss is fantastic in every way (except for the framerate, of course). On my STR-luck based, both his minions and the boss was cake - but on my LUCK-based character I had to really adapt. Abusing his whirlwind move to destroy his own minions and making sure to cram out as much damage as possible during his AoE-explosion-animation.

4 minutes to kill on STR
16 minutes to kill on LUCK

Truly a great boss overall.

Have you found a Luck scaling weapon (ala Blueblood Sword)?

I have tried the luck thing, I got some interesting amulets from normal mobs, some weapons from Guards later on. I stopped after like 15 luck, I noticed I get a ton of small runes have 500+ now.

Yoshichan

the fuck is that? needs a don't try this at home disclaimer
I want to try out everything that the game has to offer! It's basically like a magic find character in Diablo 2 :lol

Zafir

It's not just potions it's also your health too. If you're even missing a slither of health it'll use a crystal to heal you.

Top Bottom