• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

GHG

What if I have a GTX 560?

Serious question btw. xD I'm not actually sure if my PC is better than a PS4 (im a dumb). though probably not. 8 gigs of ram and dual 3.30Ghz.

Well at least the PS4 version is 1080p. So unless you have a PC where you are sure you will be able to max it out at 1080p no problem then I would suggest just getting it on the PS4. In your case you're almost certainly better off getting the PS4 version.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there any site (official maybe?) where one can see all the spells for each class? I want to know what sounds good for me to choose a class, since the rest you can just change at will (weapons, armor, etc).

I know that
in NG+ you can use other classes spells, but I dont usually do NG+ so for now im just thinking of what to use on my first / only run

is there any site (official maybe?) where one can see all the spells for each class? I want to know what sounds good for me to choose a class, since the rest you can just change at will (weapons, armor, etc).

I know that
in NG+ you can use other classes spells, but I dont usually do NG+ so for now im just thinking of what to use on my first / only run

You can go to my video here: http://youtu.be/2SKk7d_TsPs?t=1m47s And just pause it. I go to each one and there is a description next to them all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You can go to my video here: http://youtu.be/2SKk7d_TsPs?t=1m47s And just pause it. I go to each one and there is a description next to them all.

perfect. I did not know that
every class had that distracting clone spell, I thought that was cleric only
. from the descriptions it seems warrior spells are by far the coolest ones (for me of course), so warrior it is I guess. I was already going to play lumbering heavy armor dude with shield anyway, thats how I play the souls games :p

Rhaknar

How is a game ever too long provided it's good and you enjoy it?

what kind of question is that? thats like saying a movie cant be too long because you are enjoying it.

everything gets old at a point, some games reach that point faster than others. you might enjoy 5 hours of a COD campaign but you probably wouldnt enjoy a 20 hour COD campaign for example

Rhaknar

why is noone talking about the fact (let me spoiler for the more sensitive peeps)
that you get special items if you kill bosses a certain way
?

Trace

Banned
why is noone talking about the fact (let me spoiler for the more sensitive peeps)
that you get special items if you kill bosses a certain way
?

Because Dark Souls did the same thing and so they just throw it in with the "Wow this is such a Dark Souls clone" list of features.

Rhaknar

Because Dark Souls did the same thing and so they just throw it in with the "Wow this is such a Dark Souls clone" list of features.

but...they dont? I havent seen anyone talk about that except the video posted earlier. Now I need to know what those certain ways are! lol

Trace

Banned
but...they dont? I havent seen anyone talk about that except the video posted earlier. Now I need to know what those certain ways are! lol

Dark Souls didn't do the same thing? Kill one gargoyle while the other is still up, you get a special item, cut off a dragon tail, you get a special item. Kill Smough while Ortenstein is still up, get a special item, etc etc.

if you just mean that no one is talking about it, I've seen a few people talk about it but it's not a new feature so it doesn't get much screen time.

Rhaknar

Dark Souls didn't do the same thing? Kill one gargoyle while the other is still up, you get a special item, cut off a dragon tail, you get a special item. Kill Smough while Ortenstein is still up, get a special item, etc etc.

if you just mean that no one is talking about it, I've seen a few people talk about it but it's not a new feature so it doesn't get much screen time.

I didn't mean DS didn't do this, I meant ppl aren't talking about Lords also doing it

cripterion

what kind of question is that? thats like saying a movie cant be too long because you are enjoying it.

everything gets old at a point, some games reach that point faster than others. you might enjoy 5 hours of a COD campaign but you probably wouldnt enjoy a 20 hour COD campaign for example

I'm sorry but I find it more silly to compare a movie to an interactive game.

If it gets old for you what's stopping you from playing it? You're not forced to beat the game in one playthrough.

Only played for 30 minutes. Will be streaming tomorrow for those stuck at work. Here's what I noticed:

• Game looks fucking great. I mean really good. After playing 500 hours of Dark Souls II, I couldn't stop staring at the way the light and shadow interplayed, at the weight feel of the metal, at the 1080p crisp glorious PQ.

• Story is beyond stupid, which is why Dark Souls doesn't even try to have one (at least in the classic sense). Lore seems the best part of the story, and main dude's voice is easy to listen to.

• I picked Rogue for the challenge and because I like backstabbing and parrying. Already feels like next-gen Dark Souls in all the right ways. This was an easy sell for me, and I can't wait to dig in tomorrow.

• It looks so good in motion that I thought I was watching a movie. It's the lightning and the fancy AA and the resolution. Art direction is top-notch, too.

• Combat feels a little looser than Dark Souls, but not by much. Roll feel springier. Excited to get magic going.

More to come.

derwalde

Only played for 30 minutes. Will be streaming tomorrow for those stuck at work. Here's what I noticed:

• Game looks fucking great. I mean really good. After playing 500 hours of Dark Souls II, I couldn't stop staring at the way the light and shadow interplayed, at the weight feel of the metal, at the 1080p crisp glorious PQ.

• Story is beyond stupid, which is why Dark Souls doesn't even try to have one (at least in the classic sense). Lore seems the best part of the story, and main dude's voice is easy to listen to.

• I picked Rogue for the challenge and because I like backstabbing and parrying. Already feels like next-gen Dark Souls in all the right ways. This was an easy sell for me, and I can't wait to dig in tomorrow.

• It looks so good in motion that I thought I was watching a movie. It's the lightning and the fancy AA and the resolution. Art direction is top-notch, too.

• Combat feels a little looser than Dark Souls, but not by much. Roll feel springier. Excited to get magic going.

More to come.

There is parrying/riposte?

Korten

Banned
And I have the glitch where you can't hear any voices. To which... Eh. The VA has been REALLY meh anyway. So I'm not too worried. BUT I would like it to be fixed.

drotahorror

There is parrying/riposte?

Have to swap to shield afaik.

So far it seems pretty decent. Only killed the first warden. He pooped on me twice, I'm dual wielding. The warden does a combo of 4 hits and I feel like the 4th swing shouldn't hit me when I'm behind him. That annoyed me. Was not ready for another one of his attacks (the animation) and he basically 1 shot me with it.

I'm diggin it so far though.

misho8723

Banned
Benchmarks
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Lords_Of_The_Fallen-test-LordsOfTheFallen_1920.jpg

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Lords_Of_The_Fallen-test-LordsOfTheFallen_2560.jpg

More info: http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/lords-of-the-fallen-test-gpu.html

Traffcore

Considering picking this game up!
A quick question for those who have picked it up and are familiar with the Dark Souls series.

I have played Demon Souls for about 4-5 hours and fouind it very hard to get into because of the "hardcore approach". Lords of the Fallen looks more accessible for new players in the genre. I'm very intrigued in the Dark Souls formula - Is this a game I could find enjoyable?

tearing isnt fixed i guess?

Nope. I've played around 6 hours of this game on PS4 as I got it from *********** on Saturday.

The game appears to be using soft (a.k.a. adaptive) v-sync but because the game rarely holds 30 fps there is a lot of screen tearing, giving the game a distinctly "wobbly" look when panning the camera around in the more wider open environments. The tearing can get very bad at times particularly when the engine is taxed with 2 or 3 enemies on screen. It's a game that feels poorly optimised to me, granted the overall art design is very nice, only spoilt by aggressive LOD transitions.

Probably best played on PC in my opinion where there will be fewer technical issues. I've encountered a few bugs on the PS4 version and one CE-34878-0 crash after killing a mini-boss which was annoying as the game had not saved and the battle was tough! The game also downloaded a 4.7 GB patch even though the game install (from disc) was only 5.1 GB. The game size now shows as 9.9 GB so it appears as if the publishers forgot to ship half the game!!!

The PC version is 18.1 GB so it presumably must have much higher quality textures and/or audio to account for almost double the size of the PS4 version.

The game is good by the way, very good, but tarnished by a rough and unpolished feel.

drotahorror

Anyone know why in the first area (right before you can exit the castle after warden) there's a door you can go in on the staircase. It says something about 'being on the lookout for secrets' or w/e and there's a chest and also a purple looking wall with markings. I thought the wall was some sort of secret but I can't figure anything out there. Was it just saying that that whole area was a secret or something?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Benchmarks

It's pretty weird that they only provide SLI numbers for the higher-end cards. I'd love to know how well the game performs with two mid-to-high cards. One 680 alone is getting a decent framerate, so I guess my 680 SLI will get to 60 FPS, even if the improvement is minimal. At least we know that SLI is supported out of the box, which is a nice change from recent games (Ryse, Mordor, etc.).

Considering picking this game up!
A quick question for those who have picked it up and are familiar with the Dark Souls series.

I have played Demon Souls for about 4-5 hours and fouind it very hard to get into because of the "hardcore approach". Lords of the Fallen looks more accessible for new players in the genre. I'm very intrigued in the Dark Souls formula - Is this a game I could find enjoyable?

This is a very friendly and easy version of Souls. So this is right up your alley

Corpekata

Banned
It's pretty weird that they only provide SLI numbers for the higher-end cards. I'd love to know how well the game performs with two mid-to-high cards. One 680 alone is getting a decent framerate, so I guess my 680 SLI will get to 60 FPS, even if the improvement is minimal. At least we know that SLI is supported out of the box, which is a nice change from recent games (Ryse, Mordor, etc.).

I think they're probably just limited by budget and other constraints. They have no 970s on any of their benchmarks despite it probably being sort of the flagship recommendation now.

Despera

Banned
So I completely forgot to retrieve my lost exp and attempted a tricky jump to a small platform on the way.

I made it, but the character rolled to his death upon landing (Dark Souls II style)... and then I remembered the exp :(

Darkone

Disappointed to read on IGN that there is no difficult to choose from, wish they would released it with a really tough difficulty for the challenge.

Lanrutcon

Disappointed to read on IGN that there is no difficult to choose from, wish they would released it with a really tough difficulty for the challenge.

It would be nice if you could launch into NG+ difficulty from day 1, as a challenge run.

Hopefully NG++ is super punishing.

Top Bottom